PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think of the Rumor of 2 AC's in 2014?

Wolfmeister1010
12-25-2013, 01:37 AM
There is no denying that ACIV is a great game. It won Action adventure game of the year at VGX, and even beat GTA5 a multilevel tournament in the Escapist Magazine for GOTY. While the entire internet was SURE that ACIV would be a disappointment, and that the series was dead, they were proven wrong, when they played the marvel of a game that was ACIV.

This marks a high point in the series and sets very high expectation for the future. Recently, it was revealed that Ubisoft may be developing TWO ACs for 2014, one for current gen, and one for next gen. They also say that the series is undergoing a MASSIVE rescope. Now...Ubi has been coming under fire lately for releasing an AC. Every year. So how could they think it is a good idea to release TWO??

Perhaps they are pumping out two smaller games to make way for the new "recoped" AC to happen in the future. Perhaps they believe that these two games are good enough to be released in the same year. Maybe the modern day stories of both games attribute to a similar range of time, thus forcing them to release them in the same year.

What do YOU think? Is it a good idea? (Assuming it is true). Would it be worth it, if there really is a massive rescope occurring as we speak? Or is it massive overkill that makes you want to punch something?

Personally, I have never been super upset with the yearly releases. As long as they are good, I could care less if they were released yearly. And after 5 yearly releases, there has only been one (Revelations) that I have been disappointed with. Perhaps, however, the games would be even better, if they had one more year of development. I do think, however, that two games in one year is fishy. It worries me, and makes me think that these are two very small games, instead of one big game it needs to be. However, the news that the series is under a "massive rescope" is good enough news to ofset this feeling of doubt I have. Could we be looking at the complete revamp of core mechanics that we have been discussing lately?

What do you think?

TheDanteEX
12-25-2013, 02:10 AM
Isn't it best we continue using the initial thread to express our thoughts? I don't think this poll really helps discussion; more likely restricts it. That aside, there's positives and negatives. On one hand they claim a big revamp or whatever will be happening with the series, and change is good at this point. On the other hand, two games not only feels overwhelming, but the quality of these games will likely suffer. It doesn't really matter if you split your resources, these games seem to be churned out like a machine with less care and dedication. Obviously, this is just my impression on the idea, and I would love to be proved wrong.

PedroAntonio2
12-25-2013, 02:29 AM
I'm not upset with the annual releases either. But two ACs in one year ? Maybe Montreal is producing the Current-Gen game and Toronto is producing the Next-Gen AC.

pirate1802
12-25-2013, 03:08 AM
Worst idea EVAAAAA

ACfan443
12-25-2013, 03:14 AM
Worst idea ever. Even worse than annualisation. (I suppose you could consider it a double dose of annualisation).

Kagurra
12-25-2013, 03:21 AM
It's not the absolutely worst idea ever. I like the idea of the next-gen game not being held back by the current-gen game. The thing is, how can you really push out TWO games in the same year and have them be of great quality? The only thing I can think of is that Liberation HD is the current-gen game, and then the next-gen AC will be the "true" AC. But there's no way of knowing.

If this isn't the case, it also leaves us with the thought that, what if the setting and characters of the current-gen game are better than the "true" AC for PC/next-gen? Then we're all left with why didn't they chose to do it the other way around. Very confusing stuff, and in the end they should stay away from it unless they 100% know what they're doing... which is not totally guaranteed.

pirate1802
12-25-2013, 04:12 AM
For us PC folks, there already has been a case of two ACs in a single year before, lol.

LoyalACFan
12-25-2013, 07:43 AM
It's pretty bad... The ONLY way I can see it working is if they've gone on a hiring frenzy, created more teams, and let each team work on one specific project for at least two years.

@Kagurra I'm pretty sure Liberation HD was confirmed to be in addition to the two alleged console ones.

Kagurra
12-25-2013, 09:04 AM
It's pretty bad... The ONLY way I can see it working is if they've gone on a hiring frenzy, created more teams, and let each team work on one specific project for at least two years.

@Kagurra I'm pretty sure Liberation HD was confirmed to be in addition to the two alleged console ones.

Well, then that's stupid. Not logical at all, unless they are afraid of people on current-gen complaining. :nonchalance:

oliacr
12-25-2013, 01:10 PM
not the worst idea, its the best idea they have ever made, but obviously its the Liberation HD and ACV, they said at E3 that they were developing 3 ACs at that time one was ac4, other was ac liberation and the other is acv sooo nothing new

RinoTheBouncer
12-25-2013, 02:03 PM
I’ll be happy to get so many AC’s in one year but if you look at it closely, they will be so empty because back with ACII and AC:B, we used to have stories that we can’t wait till next year to happen so we can know what will happen in the story. ACIV was great gameplay-wise but story-wise it was very standalone and very pale. I feel like Ubisoft is cheapening the franchise to a reductive version of itself and that isn’t good for it’s reputation nor the fans.

TomEmilioDavies
12-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Quality over quantity.

PedroAntonio2
12-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Liberation HD is coming for PSN and Xbox LIVE, no way this is going to be the Current-Gen game.

Radia900
12-25-2013, 06:50 PM
That's Hard to believe! If they do I'll be surprised. It takes long enough to make One AC. And I take my time with playing them. Making one game last 2-3 months. so two of them would keep me occupied for like 5- months.
Overall, I don't think it's the best idea. If they work too fast, to try to put out 2 in a year. They'll probably be reduced in detail and gameplay quality. Unless both are relative to each other.

DinoSteve1
12-25-2013, 11:20 PM
pfft 2 games next year, I'd prefer if there was none.