PDA

View Full Version : AC4 DLC and Outfit Frustration

LieutenantRex
12-24-2013, 09:22 PM
II just recently finished Black Flag, a marvelous experience marred by several issues regarding content I should have. My copy is the Gamestop edition, so I get an outfit, a mission, and some new ship. While I received the Edward the Legend Outfit, everything else, not so much. Black Island is inaccesible and I desynch anytime I sail to it. At first I thought it was because I was in a certain memory which didn't allow for the mission to be available, but I've finished the game. Is there something I'm missing out on?

Another problem I'm having is the inability to get previous Assassins' outfits, even though I've played every game since Brotherhood on one console on the same Uplay account with actions and rewards for each one. It's really irritating and if anyone could help, I'd appreciate it.

f4iln00b
12-24-2013, 10:32 PM
Well you desynch because the are is not available. To access it you need to ENTER THE CODE.

LieutenantRex
12-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Well you desynch because the are is not available. To access it you need to ENTER THE CODE.

I -did- and received all the notifications, which is why I'm confused that it doesn't work.

Kagurra
12-25-2013, 01:15 AM
I've had zero issues with this. There must've been something you missed.

And, just so you know, you get;

Captain Morgan's Redingote (outfit)

Captain Morgan's pistols (they suck.)

Black Ship's Sails

Black Ship's Figurehead

And THEN, in addition to those things, you can find two sword sets on random islands. I found one in Florida. The Golden swords, and German rapiers. Both bad stats, but the Golden swords look cool. It's a shame that when you pull them out of their sheaths, they switch positions in Edward's hands. Like the sword that was on his left side teleports to his right hand and vice versa. The same thing happens with any set of swords that aren't copies of eachother, Blades of Toledo are another example. Laziness on Ubi's part.

Kind of a sucky DLC, Black Island isn't really a "mission". It's just an island with a couple guards that you go to collect your loot. The mission objective is literally "Find the loot x 3". You're not missing anything.

EVA Spartan 317
12-28-2013, 01:04 PM
I've had zero issues with this. There must've been something you missed.

And, just so you know, you get;

Captain Morgan's Redingote (outfit)

Captain Morgan's pistols (they suck.)

Black Ship's Sails

Black Ship's Figurehead

And THEN, in addition to those things, you can find two sword sets on random islands. I found one in Florida. The Golden swords, and German rapiers. Both bad stats, but the Golden swords look cool. It's a shame that when you pull them out of their sheaths, they switch positions in Edward's hands. Like the sword that was on his left side teleports to his right hand and vice versa. The same thing happens with any set of swords that aren't copies of eachother, Blades of Toledo are another example. Laziness on Ubi's part.

Kind of a sucky DLC, Black Island isn't really a "mission". It's just an island with a couple guards that you go to collect your loot. The mission objective is literally "Find the loot x 3". You're not missing anything.

Black Island is a plantation btw. And its always full when I sail there.