PDA

View Full Version : Really UBISOFT (Unfinished tutorial)

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 07:00 PM
This video explains what this is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n5TJQDnEVA

This is uncalled for.

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 08:00 PM
It's very interesting how as of this reply, 42 people have no idea what to do in this video.

Syr.Jake
12-25-2013, 01:01 AM
It is unfortunately that the narrator in the video doesn't understand how a compass points to a direction, and that if you want to find something with a compass, you have to GO in the direction that it is pointing you to.

smokin_mitch
12-25-2013, 01:03 AM
It is unfortunately that the narrator in the video doesn't understand how a compass points to a direction, and that if you want to find something with a compass, you have to GO in the direction that it is pointing you to.

LOL

common sense some people don't have it

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 01:40 AM
First of all I am the narrator of that video, secondly quit making **** up about players not knowing anything because you know nothing about what a player knows, third your comment is totally irrelevant and has nothing to do with the video, and I very clearly stated that in the video. Try getting some comprehension

LOL
common sense some people don't have it
Common sense doesn't have anything to do with what I'm talking about in the video. Try paying attention before making idiotic nonsense statements

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 04:57 AM
"I'm the forum know-it-all and can tell you why all your games aren't working right. It's all you! You agreed to the EULA when you bought the game. It's not Ubisoft's job to fix the problems that YOU make, because you may or may not use Steam but I'm completely biased and bitter about. Go to the Steam forums if you're using Steam, not here you idiots!"

"Ubisoft didn't teach me how to use a compass correctly though common sense would show that as your target got closer and change direction you'd be able to see how the compass moved. It's right there in the video but I'm too bitter and blind to notice it with my ridiculous angry lisp. Waaaaa. Ubisoft, you're SO lazy, because you won't hold my hand and teach me how to use a compass! Waaaaaaaa. If I had this from Steam, it would be THEIR fault, not mine because even though I agreed to the EULA when I bought the game, common sense isn't something I have and therefore YOUR fault Ubisoft."

That's you, in a nutshell.

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 05:02 AM
"I'm the forum know-it-all and can tell you why all your games aren't working right. It's all you! You agreed to the EULA when you bought the game. It's not Ubisoft's job to fix the problems that YOU make, because you may or may not use Steam but I'm completely biased and bitter about. Go to the Steam forums if you're using Steam, not here you idiots!"

"Ubisoft didn't teach me how to use a compass correctly though common sense would show that as your target got closer and change direction you'd be able to see how the compass moved. It's right there in the video but I'm too bitter and blind to notice it with my ridiculous angry lisp. Waaaaa. Ubisoft, you're SO lazy, because you won't hold my hand and teach me how to use a compass! Waaaaaaaa. If I had this from Steam, it would be THEIR fault, not mine because even though I agreed to the EULA when I bought the game, common sense isn't something I have and therefore YOUR fault Ubisoft."

That's you, in a nutshell.
Now that you got that irrelevant reply out of your system now you can step back and see that Nothing you said has anything to do with the developers not doing their job and finishing the tutorial?
For the record, if this was a complaint it's valid because any developer is required to fully explain how their products work because full instructions are in fact part of what you're paying for.

So don't try to compare your irrelevant complaints that aren't valid to this because it's not even close to the same thing.

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 05:11 AM
Go back and watch the video mate. As you can see your target move in the background, when his position changes, the compass highlighter changes. When the target gets closer, the highlighter gets bigger.

You don't need your hand held for everything. Part of playing games is trying new things. When I was 6, I got a Nintendo Entertainment System with Super Mario Bros. for my birthday. In world 2-2, the first underwater level, you start at the bottom of the sea. You can't move forward with just the D Pad and B, like all the other levels. I didn't know what to do, panicked and hurriedly tried to find the Instruction Manual to show me how to swim. Before I could find it, I died because of the timer.

That taught me a lesson. To try new button combinations and move around a bit to get my bearings. That's Gaming 101. Like I said, you don't need your hand held for everything. Use that noodle of yours and your eyes and try new things before you whine about it on a forum and make yourself look foolish.

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 05:29 AM
Go back and watch the video mate. As you can see your target move in the background, when his position changes, the compass highlighter changes. When the target gets closer, the highlighter gets bigger.
Go back and watch the video he says...LOL FYI genius I made the damn video I think I know what's in it.

And I already went over your reply in the video between 00:09 - 00:59 which throws your reply out the window and renders it invalid.

Now Any time you or anyone else feels like trying to use, user preference comments instead of focusing on what the video is about, just keep re-watching 00:09 - 00:59 until it sinks into your thick head what I am going over.

You're comment is invalid because it's nothing but user preference and opinion trying to forced as a fact.

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 05:51 AM
I know you made the video. Your incessant whining and lisping is all over the place.

Still doesn't change the fact that you're blind and need your hand held.

I eagerly await the next comment on how I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm an idiot, and how using a compass to find your target has nothing to do with using the compass to find your target.

But I'm the thick headed one. I know how a compass works. And I'm happily playing multiplayer, not sitting here whining and "not budging" because Ubisoft didn't hold my hand, or better yet, play the game for me.

You shouldn't whine though, you agreed to all this when you bought the game and accepted the EULA.

Have a very Merry Christmas, I hope Santa brings you that common sense you need. And a better voice too.

EDIT: And what user preference are you talking about? The compass is the same for everyone.

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 07:15 AM
Still doesn't change the fact that you're blind and need your hand held.
Does making **** up abut people make you feel better?

and your preference reply is completely irrelevant, not too mention moronic.

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 07:27 AM
You're the one that brought it up. I don't even know what you're talking about, preferences.

Anykeyer
12-25-2013, 07:31 AM
Everyone knows how to use a compass. Good tutorial should not delve into describing GUI if its unnecessary. IIt should teach basic principles, not tell you "to press B you have to press B".

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 07:36 AM
Everyone knows how to use a compass. Good tutorial should not delve into describing GUI if its unnecessary. IIt should teach basic principles, not tell you "to press B you have to press B".

Your user preference reply is totally irrelevant because it has nothing to do with the video.

Anykeyer
12-25-2013, 07:52 AM
If I would say that this video is obviously ******ed rant you would be happier?

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 07:56 AM
If I would say that this video is obviously ******ed rant you would be happier?

Regarding this video, as long as people's comments are about anything else except the lazy developers, then their comments are not relevant and have no grounds.

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 08:01 AM
You say they're lazy because they didn't teach you how to use a compass?

The devs are probably reading this and thinking you're a ****ing idiot.

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 08:03 AM
You say they're lazy because they didn't teach you how to use a compass?

Not even close to what I said!

Anykeyer
12-25-2013, 08:04 AM
Oh, I got it. Everything you dont like is not relevant. Tutorial is good, your video isnt. No go cry in a corner.

The devs are probably reading this and thinking you're a ****ing idiot.
Not only devs ;)

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 08:07 AM
Tutorial is good

What tutorial?

FYI:
Games are not school,
Games are not college Theseus papers
Games are not college classes

School is for thinking, tutorials in games are not School

Anykeyer
12-25-2013, 08:18 AM
Cant even keep up, are we? "Unfinished" tutorial

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Irony is, school teaches you substance. Education. School is very much a "tutorial."

Shame school doesn't teach you common sense though.

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 08:21 AM
Cant even keep up, are we? "Unfinished" tutorial

Games are not school,
Games are not college Theseus papers
Games are not college classes

This is not what a tutorial is
School is for thinking, tutorials in games are not School, you should learn the difference School and a game because everyone's reply in this thread is saying a tutorial is a college Theseus paper where the student needs to do all the research on their own and make work during something that isn't supposed to be work.

If you have to do any form of guess work or thinking in a so called tutorial, then the developers are lazy because they're trying to force the player to do their job. Regardless if I know how something works isn't relevant because the developer is supposed to cater to me, not me do the developers job.

Anykeyer
12-25-2013, 08:27 AM
You're dumb and you're proud of this it seems. No, there is too much of hand holding in this game already. If this isnt enough for you go play something else.

HypeR.tgL
12-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Being a newbie to the Assassin's Creed franchise and it's multiplayer part, I found the AC IV multiplayer tutorials to be incredibly educational in terms of how multiplayer works.

Tully__
12-28-2013, 01:08 AM
Perhaps the developers wanted the players to have the satisfaction of working out how it works with only a small hint instead of the feeling of being patronised by the developers because they've been treated like idiots with no brain. That is the sort of game that this game series is, a series of challenges that give the player satisfaction through working out what to do from a series of clues.

I not only worked out how to use the compass to find the target from your video (I don't have the game), I actually found the target. He's walking around in circles in the open area at the far end of the viewed area.

As the rest of this topic is basically just insults (including the insulting tone of the overdub on the video), I'm closing it. On the off chance that the developers are interested in the comments in the video, I'll not actually delete it.