PDA

View Full Version : Revisiting Turin, NY

O6EvolutionIXMR
12-24-2013, 05:39 AM
So the other day I was replaying Brotherhood & the Da Vinci Disappearance for the billionth time and I got to the part with the coordinates and it got me thinking. Has anyone ever attempted to actually visit the real-world location to where those coordinates point to? I mean, I searched online and I found comments here and there from people who live in surrounding areas talking about them thinking about taking a trip, but has anyone actually ever done it? I've scoured google trying to find actual pictures of the place, but haven't read about anyone actually going there.
I live in NJ and am thinking about taking a nice drive up there and checking it out if nobody has done so. Of course, first I have to do some research on the property in which it lies to check what the status is on it, whether it is public or private or whatnot. But of course, if everything checks out ok, maybe i'll take a drive up there with camera in hand. Would be an interesting hike/backpacking trip. I'm a truck driver for a living, so the long drive doesn't really bother me.
Not expecting to find a Grand Temple or anything lol, but for several years now I have been curious to see what it is actually.

Anyone want to weigh in on this? Any info much appreciated.

http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/next-assassins-creed-teased-oxcgn-1.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/mjmuwx.jpg

UbisoftSlick
12-24-2013, 10:46 AM
I've been wondering what it looks like there myself. Post some pictures if you decide to take that trip.

O6EvolutionIXMR
12-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Will do.

oliacr
12-25-2013, 07:25 PM
Its probably the coordinates of the Grand Temple. We won't find out since the Desmond Saga is over.

O6EvolutionIXMR
12-26-2013, 03:14 AM
I'm pretty sure that it had been established already that these coordinates were for the entrance of the Grand Temple, no?

aL_____eX
01-14-2014, 09:34 PM
Hey guys, maybe this is not new for some of you, but I just found out that you can visit the spot of Juno's temple in ACIII with Connor! I was about to collect all the feathers in Black Creek, when I noticed the little cave. And there it was! I never knew that! :cool:

For those of you, who are interested, here is a map. the green dot is the Black Creek fort, the orange one the area where the temple is located.
http://oi40.tinypic.com/21ndu0w.jpg

edit: And there is also a coffin in a cave near the Kanienkeh region, you find a feather there. Anyone an idea? There is a war club or something like that and some other things on it.

lothario-da-be
01-14-2014, 10:10 PM
Going there in real life would probaly give me extreme chills, even when theres nothing special there. The mere thought of it makes me excited.

adventurewomen
01-14-2014, 10:26 PM
My 2 cents here, is back then during AC:B, Ubisoft were planning AC3 and the hint of the coordinates in The Da Vinci Disappearance was our hint that no one really had taken into account back then.

Well this thread is interesting, albeit a little late. :p

lothario-da-be
01-14-2014, 10:29 PM
My 2 cents here, is back then during AC:B, Ubisoft were planning AC3 and the hint of the coordinates in The Da Vinci Disappearance was our hint that no one really had taken into account back then.

Well this thread is interesting, albeit a little late. :p
Better late then never.

Sailorxrs1
01-26-2018, 03:11 AM
shoot I know im years late but I live 27.6 miles away from it!!! I am totally going real soon!!

cawatrooper9
01-26-2018, 03:24 PM
shoot I know im years late but I live 27.6 miles away from it!!! I am totally going real soon!!

Cool! Let us know what you find!

(and be careful- if it's private property, make sure you get permission!)

Sailorxrs1
01-27-2018, 03:14 AM
So... me being somewhat crazy with math and such... I measured the mileage between the 3 spots that make up the triangle... and I found the in-radius of that triangle. I found out at the complete in-center of those coordinates is a man made lake/pond.... What do ya'll think... something could be there? =O is there some secret thing under that body of water?