PDA

View Full Version : Regarding social events (royal convoys, white whales)

Brainophone
12-23-2013, 11:30 PM
Guys, hi all :)

I am making this thread in hope of drawing attention to this issue, as oficial tech support could no nothing about it, rather then saying "check the forums - may be there will be resolving someday".

So basically, my issue is kind of unsolvable (?).

The thing is that after achieving 100% sync on ACIVBF on main storyline it is impossible to find (or get shared by friends) any blue iconed social events, such are Royal Convoys or White Whales. And it is bad because without them it became impossible to gather all 100 Abstergo achievements (2 of those 100 - are to catch a white whale and share 3 royal convoys locations).

Ergo, as of this moment, I have 100% sync (which is tryhard as you know) and 98 of 100 abstergo achievements. And this drives me crazy!

I tried many things. Almost all of them I'd say. I even added about 25 friends who play AC4 to share locations. I swam around the sea like for 40-80 minutes. The only time for about 3 weeks now I got a message that my friend shared the location of Royal convoy, however there was no icon on the map (and all icons are on - i'm not stupid xD ), so I still couldn't find it.

SO I am screwed. I can not get to multiplayer unless I get all of main stuff (and I really want to try multiplayer - they say it is goood).

PLEASE help me!!! Thank you.

Here is my dialogue with support service if it matters... (as you know it goes from bottom to top chronologically)
Brainophone12/23/2013 10:08:31 PM
I am not using a console. I am PC user...
Tom12/23/2013 2:11:02 PM
You may want to check here: http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/201-Assassin-s-Creed-General-Discussion-(Console) As you can see the information for the previous update is posted there as a sticky link.
Brainophone12/22/2013 6:53:36 PM
give links please to the exact pages I should check.
Tom12/22/2013 5:43:21 PM
Unfortunately, the ticket will close and we cannot provide direct notification. You may want to keep an eye out on the forums for any news regarding the updates and their contents.
Brainophone12/22/2013 5:38:11 PM
Please, update this ticket when issue get resolved. Thanks.
Tom12/22/2013 5:30:23 PM
Thank you for providing the information. I will pass the information regarding the events not appearing after finishing the Story through to the appropriate department but for any game updates, I'm afraid we do not receive the information here and you may want to keep an eye on the Ubisoft Forums and the support site. Many apologies for any inconvenience caused from this issue.
Brainophone12/22/2013 5:23:23 PM
Finally, we're talking business. I live in Russia and bought the game on steam, beeing in Russia. Special edition preorder. +season pass. Uplay login: ********* Uplay tag: brainophone When I was early in the main storyline I definitely saw a royal convoy, and probably a white whale location (If I'm not mistaken, it is a part of a tutorail gameplay sequence). I clearly remember blue icons of social events on the map long ago. But on that time I was involved in the storyline and decided to get to bluу icon events later. When I finished the storyline and all other side things I reached 100% sync and 98 abstergo achievements. Then I realized that only ones left (as for 98\100 achiv.) are finding and killing whitewhale and sharing royal convoys locations. Doesn't matter what I do - nothing appears. I even became friends with about 20 ac4 players just for sharing. (btw. some of friends did that speed up thing on kenway's fleet - but noone shares blue stuff.)
Tom12/22/2013 4:14:27 PM
Can you please send us the information below: - Which country you purchased the game from? - Which edition? - Username and PSN ID / Gamertag? - Frequency (how often the issue happens) - Can you please confirm whether the White Whales and Convoys appeared before you finished the storyline for the game? Once we have this information we will further assist you on this issue.
Brainophone12/22/2013 4:02:04 PM
It is amazing that for such an obvious and rather silly answer of yours (no offense) it took about 10 days. Shame on you. I have no connection problems and never had them. Kenway's Fleet is working great and never stopped to do so. Every thing in the game is fine. Except I can not do the LAST thing at all. Catch a white whale and share royal convoys locations. Today 1 time I got the message that my friend shared white whale location. However it was not on my map (it is fully revealed, all icons are shown). GIVE ME MY GOD DAMNED 1 white whale and 3 royal convoys! This is absurd! No matter how long I swim around (once around 40 min) there are NOT a single white whale or royal convoy (no blue icons). I have 100% sync on game and 98 abstergo achievements.
Tom12/22/2013 1:17:11 PM
The issue could be caused by a connectivity problem. If you are still experiencing this issue, please refer to the following FAQ and follow the steps there to help improve your connectivity: https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000eaegCAA Also, can you confirm whether you are able to access Kenway's Fleet.
Brainophone12/19/2013 12:01:08 PM
Where is my answer? This takes too long!
Brainophone12/16/2013 12:51:59 PM
I sincerely demand that you post the solution in this ticket when it is solved. Not "IF" it is resolved, but "WHEN". Because it is a major bug, preventing from getting propper achievements.
Tom12/16/2013 11:17:55 AM
Thank you for reporting this issue. I have sent this along through the appropriate channels for processing. If this issue is resolved, the solution will appear on the support section of our website.
Brainophone12/16/2013 9:20:49 AM
What the HELL is distracting you from answering to me? Don't go all "busy" on me. This is a f*cked up situation that prevents me from completing the game ergo starting to play the multiplayer.
Brainophone12/13/2013 10:14:40 PM
Hello) I've achieved 100% total sync in game, finished the storyline. I just need to find 2 royal convoys and 1 white whale. No matter how far I swim on the ship, how long it takes - there is no single royal convoy or white whale (I mean blue icons - the one that shared with friends). Also I've added a lot of friends who play AC4 and there is no shared events neither. I NEED THOSE blue icon royal convoy and white whale!

Frag_Maniac
12-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Sorry, lost interest after you said you got 100% sync. You're lucky to have done that. Lots of use with 60, 70, 80 hrs plus and well over one play through have yet to even encounter a Royal Convoy. I myself have only gotten ONE WHITE WHALE, that's it. To add insult to injury, I, like many others, keep getting a Royal Convoy icon stuck on the map with no convoy there.

Quit your griping, you're not one that even SHOULD be, because you're one of the lucky ones. It will get fixed when it's fixed, IF it ever is, and then those of us whom HAVEN'T had the benefit of encountering enough social events to finally get 100% can rest. Until then, shut your trap and be glad you've already seen enough social events to satisfy the completion requirements.

guidomista
12-23-2013, 11:44 PM
hi, I experienced the same exact problem you have.
I used a workaround.
I wrote yet a couple of messages about that in this thread:

forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/811207-No-Social-Events

I suggest to read it all, but if you don't want, find my messages...

bye

D-Kruger
12-23-2013, 11:46 PM
Sorry, lost interest after you said you got 100% sync. You're lucky to have done that. Lots of use with 60, 70, 80 hrs plus and well over one play through have yet to even encounter a Royal Convoy. I myself have only gotten ONE WHITE WHALE, that's it. To add insult to injury, I, like many others, keep getting a Royal Convoy icon stuck on the map with no convoy there.

Quit your griping, you're not one that even SHOULD be, because you're one of the lucky ones. It will get fixed when it's fixed, IF it ever is, and then those of us whom HAVEN'T had the benefit of encountering enough social events to finally get 100% can rest. Until then, shut your trap and be glad you've already seen enough social events to satisfy the completion requirements.

He said "after achieving 100% sync on ACIVBF on main storyline". Now who feels like a total jerk?

Frag_Maniac
12-24-2013, 12:03 AM
He said "after achieving 100% sync on ACIVBF on main storyline". Now who feels like a total jerk?

Yeah and after that he he also said he has 100% sync period, and to get all but 2 achievements you DO have to get some social events. It also takes THREE White Whales, not one, and he didn't even mention the social chests he had to have gotten to get that achievement.

The point is he's whining more than some that are getting FAR less social events than he is, what part of that don't you get?

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 01:09 AM
You don't need social events to get 100% completion because they aren't connected to the Abstergo challenges, or side missions in that regard.

Frag_Maniac
12-24-2013, 01:21 AM
You don't need social events to get 100% sync because they aren't Abstergo challenges, or side missions

If you really did get 100% on your own vs via someone else's savegame, you'd know that under the Simulation tab of Abstergo challenges, there are in fact 3 social event related challenges as part of completion.

http://imageshack.com/a/img844/5182/9ti5.jpg

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 01:41 AM
Sorry that was a typo, that should have read 100% completion, not Sync. My bad! I corrected it

Brainophone
12-24-2013, 01:57 AM
Well yeah!

Frag_Maniac
12-24-2013, 01:57 AM
I have 100% synced all the campaign missions and 100% upgraded the Jackdaw. I've maxed everything that can be on the progess tracker, which one would think would be the primary way (other than the map for assassin contracts and such), of showing progress toward completion. I'm only a lousy 1% short of 100% sync as many and Ubi and the game don't make it clear where to get that final 1%, IF it's even possible.

Furthermore that was not a mere "typo" of mistaking sync for completion, because I was mainly referring to your claim that social events are not part of Abstergo Challenges, and that's clearly what the screenshot disproves and the whole point of it. I'm not surprised you'd try to weasel out of it though, you always do when you're proven wrong, or you just disappear and don't respond.

Brainophone
12-24-2013, 02:03 AM
FIRSTLY, i am not whining! Where on earth do you see that? As I said, I was not getting answer, so I went here, on this forum. God damned, are you some kind of young hater of everything? Oo
Secondly, dude, you are showin ABSTERGO challanges. it is achievements of a sort.
When I was saying about 100% sync on main story - it is 13 memories with additional objectives. It has nothing to do with social chests, whales, convoys or anything.

But yeah, I am perhaps more lucky - as I found all 3 social chests without problems (in ABSTERGO challenges)... But I'm not braggin or whining... what the hell((

Brainophone
12-24-2013, 02:10 AM
YAY I found your answer! Will try that!

It's just a workaround i wrote in a previous post in this thread (12-17-2013, 12:46), but...
I think the problem is also related with progress in game.
I never found a single event (shared or discovered) when i sail in 100% sync map.
I don't actually know if it's for having the game 100%, or for that blue convoy icon stuck....
But I had to start another game. When you find (or a friend find) an event, AND YOU CAN SEE IT ON MAP, then go back to your 100% sync game and you will find it on map.

Last post I described how I can share, but never discover. I needed it for a challenge in Iniciates (DISCOVER a social event).
Then something strange appened...
A friend tell me in chat he found a social whale (this is also strange: if a friend find it, it should be shared automatically).
Then, just for fun, I went to that (on my no-100% game), found it, no messages alerted me.... And then go back to my 100% sync and beat it.
The only message ingame was that I beat it. Not discovery, neither sharing.
But magically my mission on initiates (that I've leave open) checked "dicovery" as done!

I don't know which problem you have with social events, but try to start another game.
Every game of the same player share social stuff (like kenways fleet).
Unfortunately you have to reach at least sequence 3 for sealing with crew and fleet....

I hope it helps

bye

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 02:15 AM
I have 100% synced all the campaign missions and 100% upgraded the Jackdaw. I've maxed everything that can be on the progess tracker, which one would think would be the primary way (other than the map for assassin contracts and such), of showing progress toward completion. I'm only a lousy 1% short of 100% sync as many and Ubi and the game don't make it clear where to get that final 1%, IF it's even possible.

Furthermore that was not a mere "typo" of mistaking sync for completion, because I was mainly referring to your claim that social events are not part of Abstergo Challenges, and that's clearly what the screenshot disproves and the whole point of it. I'm not surprised you'd try to weasel out of it though, you always do when you're proven wrong, or you just disappear and don't respond.

Social events have nothing to do with the Synchronization on the Simulation tab. Here is a video to prove it and explaining why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5F4LboOdK4

If you did what I explained in the video, and still don't have the "Get 100% of total Synchronization" at the bottom, then you're game is bugged. But what I explained in the video is exactly what it means.

Frag_Maniac
12-24-2013, 05:50 AM
@Brain,
Yes, I overstated it a bit, but you must understand that what you DID achieve is far more than what many of us have been able to as far as social events go. If you'd kept up on the forum chat here, you'd know that your complaint comes off as a bit exaggerated given that fact. You only just now noticed the so called work around, which was posted some time ago, and many of us feel it's something Ubi should prevent us from having to do were they more diligent with testing and fixing problems.

@Questions,
That very well may be, but the fact remains that you yourself stated that social events are not part of Abstergo Challenges, which is not only untrue but misleading on the subject of completion. Furthermore it's understandable that many of us thought social events might be required for completion since we satisfied virtually everything one would normally consider completion requirements, yet still no 100% showing.

At least you admitted it's probably a bug, instead of blaming it on Valve. LOL

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 05:58 AM
@Questions,
That very well may be, but the fact remains that you yourself stated that social events are not part of Abstergo Challenges,
No I did not say that, you took a typo and blew it out of context and even after I explained that you tried saying it's not a typo, and continue trying to force something you made up onto me and claim I said it and then every time I correct people on this forum about something you always throw it into the conversation.

Completion is not misleading, you guys took it upon yourselves to decide what it meant and when it didn't go the way you wanted it to, you guys started crying about how the game is bugged and everything else. Fact is I understand how the game is put together better than most of you, and I cleared it up, and you guys seem to not be able to handle the fact that someone like me (Whim everyone trashed) corrected you, and so you continue trying to bash me every chance you guys get.

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 06:17 AM
@Questions,
That very well may be, but the fact remains that you yourself stated that social events are not part of Abstergo Challenges,
No I did not say that, you took a typo I made and blew it way beyond out of out context. Even after I explained that, you tried saying it's not a typo, and continue trying to force something you made up onto me and claim I said it and then every time I correct people on this forum about something you always throw it into the conversation.

Completion is not misleading either it's perfectly understandable if you take the time to understand it. You guys decided to take it upon yourselves to decide what completion meant, and then when it didn't go the way you wanted it to, you guys started crying about how the game is bugged and everything else and try blaming UBISOFT for your guys lack of understanding.

The fact is (And I prove this in the explanation in the video) I understand how the game is put together better than most of you, and you guys seem to dislike someone like me (Whom everyone trashed) correcting people, and so you all continue trying to bash me every chance you guys get.

Another fact is if the game really was BROKEN as people claim, then everyone Including myself would have run into some of the same problems. Sure maybe not all of them, but people are listing way too many problems for everyone to not run into at least 5 of the same problems. Something cannot be broken to the extent people are complaining, and not have it affect EVERYONE. Something like this doesn't just affect a specific group of people. Things don't work like that.

For the record, I have only run into 3 graphical issues with this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMifWN4K1vg <------- (This has only happened to me once)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_wM1nej-CE <-------(This has happened to me twice)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Beg6jH7gq8Y <--------( This has happened to me many times)

CaptainGigaX
12-24-2013, 02:16 PM
I have glitched icons for Royal Convoys on my map, they have not moved in my entire 150 hours of playing the game and have persisted since Day 1. I get notifications that I'm finding events but they do not show up on the map at all.

PLEASE HELP.

Brainophone
12-25-2013, 07:20 PM
YAY I found your answer! Will try that!

It's just a workaround i wrote in a previous post in this thread (12-17-2013, 12:46), but...
I think the problem is also related with progress in game.
I never found a single event (shared or discovered) when i sail in 100% sync map.
I don't actually know if it's for having the game 100%, or for that blue convoy icon stuck....
But I had to start another game. When you find (or a friend find) an event, AND YOU CAN SEE IT ON MAP, then go back to your 100% sync game and you will find it on map.

Last post I described how I can share, but never discover. I needed it for a challenge in Iniciates (DISCOVER a social event).
Then something strange appened...
A friend tell me in chat he found a social whale (this is also strange: if a friend find it, it should be shared automatically).
Then, just for fun, I went to that (on my no-100% game), found it, no messages alerted me.... And then go back to my 100% sync and beat it.
The only message ingame was that I beat it. Not discovery, neither sharing.
But magically my mission on initiates (that I've leave open) checked "dicovery" as done!

I don't know which problem you have with social events, but try to start another game.
Every game of the same player share social stuff (like kenways fleet).
Unfortunately you have to reach at least sequence 3 for sealing with crew and fleet....

I hope it helps

bye

GUYS! If you are having the same problem that is discussed in this thread - the message above helped me!

guidomista
12-25-2013, 09:55 PM
Good!
I'm happy someone else have found it usefull!
For complete messages about this workaround, find my posts in this thread:

Brainopohone, is it confirmed that you found social events ONLY in not-100%-sync map?
And then you go back to 100% and they are still there, right?

I tried to suggest it befere, but you are the first that seems to listen to me! Lol.

bye

tihamir
12-25-2013, 11:58 PM
Guys, have you read what I wrote yeasterday?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/811207-No-Social-Events?p=9454722&viewfull=1#post9454722

YOU CAN GET SOCIAL EVENTS IF YOU HAVE 100%SYNC (at least I can)

Brainophone
12-26-2013, 12:15 AM
Good!
I'm happy someone else have found it usefull!
For complete messages about this workaround, find my posts in this thread:

Brainopohone, is it confirmed that you found social events ONLY in not-100%-sync map?
And then you go back to 100% and they are still there, right?

I tried to suggest it befere, but you are the first that seems to listen to me! Lol.

bye

yes, correct. I started new game, played to seq.2 until i could freely swim the sea, then I found royal convoy, then I loaded my 100% game, swam to the place (it got shared) and yay))) same with white whale

so i'm oficially 100% sync on main sotry and 100\100 abstergo challenges)

Frag_Maniac
12-26-2013, 12:49 AM
No I did not say that, you took a typo I made and blew it way beyond out of out context.

Like hell you didn't...

You don't need social events to get 100% completion because they aren't connected to the Abstergo challenges...
...it clearly says there "social events...aren't connected to Abstergo challenges", do you have Alzheimer's or something?

The only thing you've really shown is that 100% sync can be showing without all social events completed, but in doing so you also showed like I did that social events ARE in fact connected to Abstergo challenges because they're in the Simulation part of it and thus part of completing them.

It's laughable you imply you're the only one understanding the game, because apparently you can't even comprehend your own posts. Problem is, you're such a troll you're left with no one to play it with, so you go around trying to befriend even those you insult, as if they want to have anything to do with a twit like you.

guidomista
12-26-2013, 12:56 AM
Guys, have you read what I wrote yeasterday?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/811207-No-Social-Events?p=9454722&viewfull=1#post9454722

YOU CAN GET SOCIAL EVENTS IF YOU HAVE 100%SYNC (at least I can)

Ok, we know you can.
But what is the problem if this workaround helps someone?

Bye

Questions2ask
12-26-2013, 01:31 AM
Like hell you didn't...

...it clearly says there "social events...aren't connected to Abstergo challenges", do you have Alzheimer's or something?
So now you've resorted to editing what I post in quotes because it clearly says:

You don't need social events to get 100% completion because they aren't connected to the Abstergo challenges, or side missions in that regard.

If you're going to quote someone, then fully quote them instead of editing their quote.

Thanks

Frag_Maniac
12-26-2013, 02:59 AM
So now you've resorted to editing what I post in quotes because it clearly says:

If you're going to quote someone, then fully quote them instead of editing their quote.

Thanks

You know, that's about the only thing you've ever corrected me on that actually needed correcting. You're right, I missed the "in that regard" part, which does effect how it's meant. The difference is, I admit to it. It still doesn't make up for all the misleading and insulting you've done, and every time I mention that you've admitted to pirating games here, you say nothing about it, which makes it obvious you cannot deny or defend it.

You should stick to PMing vs using the open forum, esp if you're going to go trash talking for what is not only obvious, but proven. Guess what, I HAVE no Black Flag save file in my Steam directory, I play with Steam in offline mode, and I've successfully used my UPlay backup save to replay an Assassin Contract. You constantly spew false information, often times about the simplest of things, then pretend to be the only one that understands the game. It makes the scant few times you actually DO get something right meaningless.