PDA

View Full Version : Sinking my first ship for metal

kctay
12-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Ok all, I'm a total noob at AC4, and I'm stuck on the mission after I have got my ship where I need to sink a much bigger ship, and get 70 pieces of metal, or iron, something like that. I sunk one of the big ships and got 65 pieces, but now whenever I try to start attacking another ship to get the final 5 pieces, these huge pirate hunter ships with the red sails come out of nowhere and start attacking me. Not being able to fight two ships at a time with only the medium hull, and basically no other upgrades, I have to turn tail and run. This cycle goes over, and over and over each time I try to attack another ship. Should I stop attacking ships and go for the 3 forts I need to destroy?

I'm horrible at naval combat and prefer the ground game. :rolleyes:

Any help to get me out of this repetitive nightmare would be.........well.....helpful!

AngryRaisin
12-23-2013, 09:46 PM
What's happened is you have made your Wanted level Red (High) so you are being Hunted (the red flag ships). And your ship is not upgraded yet so you are fighting a losing battle. Your best option is to high tail it away from ships and to the nearest town that you have been to already where you can pay the dude on the dock to remove your wanted level (the little crossed knives symbol on your map the same as appears in the top left when you are on the ship).

Also remember that if you sink ships you only get half the loot so you want to just disable them and then board them when they sit dead in the water with the light tower glowing to the sky on them. Plus when you board them instead of sinking them then you have the option to reduce your Wanted Level, Repair your ship or send the ship to your fleet (but you aren't far enough in the game yet to have the fleet option yet).

kctay
12-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Ok, thanks, I kinda thought it was the wanted level, but didn't know how to get rid of it. I did play AC1, and AC2 btw. Here is the thing though, other than the one hull upgrade, I can't do any other upgrades (it appears) offensively, or defensively before I get the 70 pieces of metal which seem to only be carried by these 17 strength ships, right?

Syr.Jake
12-25-2013, 01:05 AM
Spanish ships seem to carry more metal and wood. While British ships seem to carry more cloth, rum, and sugar. If you are looking for metal, I would sail around looking for Spanish ships and avoid the British ones, unless the spyglass shows that they have metal on board.

kctay
12-30-2013, 04:40 AM
Ok, I got a chance to play again, the guy at the dock gives me no options to reduce notoriety, just buy, sell, etc.

ACIDIC SWORDS
12-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Ok, I got a chance to play again, the guy at the dock gives me no options to reduce notoriety, just buy, sell, etc.

The guy we are talking about you cant buy anything from, he is not a shop. His symbol on the map is a little crossed sword symbol. I think he is called an officer or something. If you cant find him, i think you unlock him at the end of that level so you might have to tough out that 5 metal.