PDA

View Full Version : AC4: I have never experienced an online event: never seen a white whale etc etc. HELP

RobbanRicke
12-23-2013, 08:46 PM
I know there is nothing wrong with the connection to the internet because my brother has killed like 4 white whales on the same console and router. What might the problem be? I play on PS3
//TheLastArchetype

DarktheMagister
12-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Commuity Events have been bugged for a while with an increasing number of people reporting no event encounters at all. You may just have to wait for a patch if you've been bugged.

Torvaldesq
12-23-2013, 09:07 PM
In some ways they're bugged, i.e. phantom icons, which hasn't happened to me personally, or a bug I personally did experience where fast traveling to a shared event (royal convoy) caused it to disappear (guess I'll be sailing all the way across the world if that's what it takes when an event is shared now).

Ultimately, the biggest problem is that someone just set the frequency way too low. This should have been an organic experience where you didn't really have to think about free sailing with zero purpose other than looking for this stuff to complete the challenges, where you'd get it done naturally in the course of getting all chests / animus fragments. Instead, a lot of people have 100% on everything else, but are still looking around for these events which spawn absurdly rarely.

I'll add you as a friend, as I've come across a few white whales (Royal Convoys have been my bane, can't seem to find any of those damn things, which is all I need). Others can add me too (my PSN name is Torvaldesq). I'm also on a PS3.

teal98aurora
12-23-2013, 09:27 PM
I have experienced one series of social events during one session of gameplay and that was approximately three weeks ago. I have spent countless hours since just sailing and wandering trying to trigger anything but with no results. Before I get slammed for not doing my due diligence searching the forums, I have seen the countless threads on this topic but they always seem to get buried. I have posted in a couple other threads and contacted support - beyond that I just sail/wander and wait. I was advised that these events are more difficult to find playing single player but what good is having multiple friends playing when nothing I share appears for them and vice versa? I was lucky enough in my one session to find one of each type to get the Sharing is Caring achievement but that does not help me with the Abstergo challenges. My biggest gripe is that social event/single player is an oxymoron and I feel it was ill-advised to include social events in the single player version of this game. I personally play for my own amusement and achievement and really don't care where I stack up on the leaderboards.

farb0dkain
12-23-2013, 10:11 PM
I submitted ticket to support team and i hope some one came up with something about this problem.just like you spend a lot of time in sea and nothing happen.

SuperMGS
12-25-2013, 01:56 AM
I first played through this game on PS4 and had no issues. However, I've been replaying it on PS3 and haven't gotten a single social event. I sent my issue to UBI. Here was my questions: -

"I have both the PS3 and PS4 versions of AC4. I played through the PS4 version first and was able to get all the discovery events (treasures, white wale, convoys). However, I've been replaying it on the PS3 and have yet to find any. I have not been able to determine the problem by searching for it online, so I had a couple of questions. 1) Does someone in my friends list have to be playing the game. If so, does it matter if they are playing single player or multiplayer? 2) Is there some problem with the PS3 version that the PS4 version did not have?'

This is what they said: -

"Unfortunately we do not have the ability to force unlock the achievements/trophies on accounts.
We will be sure to report this issue to the development team for further review. However, our best recommendations at the moment are listed below:
Start by double-checking the steps on the guides listed below.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org
http://www.ps3trophies.org/
-Xbox platform: Restart the game if you are driven to obtain the achievement or attempt the achievement steps on a second profile
-Playstation platform: Delete the game data from the Game Data Utility which is accessible through the Playstation Main Menu - this data controls the trophy system and does not effect in-game progress or save data
Unfortunately, these are not 100% resolvable solutions. Please keep an eye on our Forums (forums.ubi.com) for information in the future."

I tried deleting the game data off the PS3 to see if this resolves the issue, and I started a new game and played until the first 2 Nassau missions. Suffice to say, this did not resolve the issue. The question was submitted December 16th, and I received the answer on December 20th. I do hope they fix the issue as it is the only trophy that stands between me and a platinum for the PS3. Until then, I will retire this game and play Ni No Kuni, because there are definitely no discovery events dependent upon servers. For those who celebrate, have a Merry Christmas!