PDA

View Full Version : Community Challenge?

datensystem
12-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Plunder 3000000 Ships?

seriously? I have to plunder 3million ships?
I hope it's a bug or something

Syr.Jake
12-23-2013, 08:47 PM
It is a Community Challenge, not a personal challenge. The more people who participate, the fewer ships you personally have to plunder in order to contribute to the total.

Torvaldesq
12-23-2013, 08:49 PM
No, the 300000 Ships is what the community has to do as a combined total. In order to get credit for participating in the community event, you have to plunder 15 ships I think (don't have the challenge up right now, but I think that's the number they set for participation credit). If you plunder 15 ships, you will have completed the event for yourself and once the community as a combined total has plundered 300000 ships, you should get the reward.

FYI though, I boarded two ships and only got participation credit for one of them. The first one I chose to lower my wanted level, and didn't get credit. The second one I chose to repair the jackdaw, and did get credit. (I've pretty much finished the Kenyway's Fleet stuff, and bought everything that requires money, and my ship was undamaged after the first attack, so that was why I lowered wanted level on the first one).

Long story short, I think that despite the fact you get the money / material rewards for all the options after you successfully board a ship, I'm wondering if the game only counts it as "plundering" when you "repair the jackdaw." Haven't tested it with the "add to Kenway's fleet" option yet. And maybe what I experienced was just a bug and it will count no matter what post-boarding option I select later.

datensystem
12-23-2013, 08:52 PM
No, the 300000 Ships is what the community has to do as a combined. In order to get credit for participating in the community event, you have to plunder 15 ships I think (don't have the challenge up right now, but I think that's the number they set for participation credit). If you plunder 15 ships, you will have completed the event for yourself and once the community as a combined total has plundered 300000 ships, you should get the reward.

FYI though, I boarded two ships and only got participation credit for one of them. The first one I chose to lower my wanted level, and didn't get credit. The second one I chose to repair the jackdaw, and did get credit. (I've pretty much finished the Kenyway's Fleet stuff, and bought everything that requires money, and my ship was undamaged after the first attack, so that was why I lowered wanted level on the first one).

Long story short, I think that despite the fact you get the money / material rewards for all the options after you successfully board a ship, I'm wondering if the game only counts it as "plundering" when you "repair the jackdaw." Haven't tested it with the "add to Kenway's fleet" option yet. And maybe what I experienced was just a bug and it will count no matter what post-boarding option I select later.

Oh, so it combines all together

chefalfalfa
12-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Ok I was stuck on this as well so I tried all 3 options. I can confirm that only repairing the jackdaw counts towards 'My participation'. Hope this helps guys.

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 09:30 PM
What console is this for? I'm on PC and I'm not seeing the Community Challenge.

HDinHB
12-23-2013, 09:30 PM
if the game only counts it as "plundering" when you "repair the jackdaw."
It appears so. I tried the other options as well as sinking and looting but it didn't add to my total.

Oh, so it combines all together
Yep. 3,000,000 is the community total, the individual minimum is 15. But you can plunder as many as you want, but I think it might get repetitive after the first 2 million or so. Right now we're 4% of the way there.

reddragonhrcro
12-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Good to know,will do my best to help out with it as much as possible.

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Good thing I decided to check the forums, I wouldn't have got on and done this otherwise.

Edit: Just checked, why does it have to be a stupid Jackdaw wheel? I want my explorer outfit. :mad:

Uranus888
12-23-2013, 10:00 PM
What console is this for? I'm on PC and I'm not seeing the Community Challenge.

That's because this Community Challenge is for every console but not for PC. So this is the second Community Challenge for consoles and PC is ...again...left out...

Anykeyer
12-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Its funny and just shows how lazy ubisoft really is.
1st event - before pc/ps4/xbone versions were even released. with no word when catchup will happen if at all, wont be suprised to see myself left without explorer outfit
2nd event - not on pc, again no word about when if at all
and even without those problems - no freaking announcement. how i am even supposed to know about those events? no emails, no official ubi forum posts, just some buried topic on acinitiates. really? its a single player game. ffs, no one runs single player game each day for a year.
and the schedule. with mp I at least know when to check. they start on fridays and go through sundays. sp it totally random, 2 events and i fail to see any pattern.
why the hell even add such stuff to sp? one of the dumbest ideas I saw for a few years.

ONLY1FROST
12-23-2013, 10:22 PM
That's because this Community Challenge is for every console but not for PC. So this is the second Community Challenge for consoles and PC is ...again...left out...

Well I'm on PC too, and I'm curious is there any way to do this challenge on PC?

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Wow. That's ridiculous.

assasins4life25
12-23-2013, 11:19 PM
Does anyone know the reward for this community challenge.

AeonDragon
12-23-2013, 11:26 PM
Ok I was stuck on this as well so I tried all 3 options. I can confirm that only repairing the jackdaw counts towards 'My participation'. Hope this helps guys.

And this is presumably why the game doesn't think I've plundered any royal convoys. That would be less annoying if I could find any convoys to plunder any more!

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 11:33 PM
Royal Convoys? That's for Social Events, which are at best... not working. The Community Challenge is any ships, as long as you have it "repair the Jackdaw."

reddragonhrcro
12-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Royal Convoys? That's for Social Events, which are at best... not working. The Community Challenge is any ships, as long as you have it "repair the Jackdaw."

Well i came across one today along a social chest,also came over a social chest couple days ago.

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Well i came across one today along a social chest,also came over a social chest couple days ago.

Sweet. That's a sign it's getting worked on, however... neither have to do with the Community Challenge, which his just to plunder ships, right?

Lonnie_Jackson
12-24-2013, 12:07 AM

I think it says if you check leaderboards. How to do that I don't know.

HypeR.tgL
12-24-2013, 12:13 AM
This is ridiculous. I thought we would get one before Christmas at least, god damnit Ubisoft :(, we, the PC Players are sitting here in cold :\.

Uranus888
12-24-2013, 12:14 AM

Impoluto Wheel

x___Luffy___x
12-24-2013, 12:29 AM
Its funny and just shows how lazy ubisoft really is.
1st event - before pc/ps4/xbone versions were even released. with no word when catchup will happen if at all, wont be suprised to see myself left without explorer outfit
2nd event - not on pc, again no word about when if at all
and even without those problems - no freaking announcement. how i am even supposed to know about those events? no emails, no official ubi forum posts, just some buried topic on acinitiates. really? its a single player game. ffs, no one runs single player game each day for a year.
and the schedule. with mp I at least know when to check. they start on fridays and go through sundays. sp it totally random, 2 events and i fail to see any pattern.
why the hell even add such stuff to sp? one of the dumbest ideas I saw for a few years.

this..
it is pathetic ubi. what about the PC players. there shouldn't be any single player unlockables relating to multiplayer, its just stupid.

silvermercy
12-24-2013, 01:00 AM
I just got a message on my screen that I'm currently rank 17 on community challenge. What does it mean? What challenge? O_o

ze_topazio
12-24-2013, 01:04 AM
You will receive those kinds of messages throughout the entire game, saying you are in the top something of something.

Kagurra
12-24-2013, 01:11 AM
I just got a message on my screen that I'm currently rank 17 on community challenge. What does it mean? What challenge? O_o

The plunder ships community challenge.

Lonnie_Jackson
12-24-2013, 01:25 AM

Do anything to get the message? I have plundered and no message telling me anything.

silvermercy
12-24-2013, 01:31 AM
I wasn't plundering anything for a long time... I was watching a cutscene actually, in Tulum.

Lonnie_Jackson
12-24-2013, 01:33 AM
I had one when I first tried the event but I haven't got another. Just was wondering on world rank and how many are trying. Thanks for answering Silvermercy. Much appreciated.

LoyalACFan
12-24-2013, 01:34 AM
Again, anything with the words "community" or "social" don't belong in SP. Especially when you could easily miss this challenge and never get the reward if you don't play the game religiously every day or check the forums.

IWGCJoeCool
12-24-2013, 01:48 AM

thank you!!! i saw the alert that the plunder was underway, and i had to do 15 for my part. i set sail and took anything and everything on...including the 4X Notoriety. but when i was done, it said i did 2 of 15. i was perplexed. i only had to repair the ship twice, i think, so that made perfect sense.

MnemonicSyntax
12-24-2013, 01:52 AM
No problem, glad it worked for you.

Radia900
12-24-2013, 03:33 AM
What is there , some kinda contest going on? Where do you go to see Community challenges

Kagurra
12-24-2013, 05:06 AM
What is there , some kinda contest going on? Where do you go to see Community challenges

It's under leaderboards.

Anykeyer
12-24-2013, 06:39 AM
Again, anything with the words "community" or "social" don't belong in SP. Especially when you could easily miss this challenge and never get the reward if you don't play the game religiously every day or check the forums.

Exactly. I dont know what they were thinking.
Ubisoft online stuff almost always fail. Yet they add more and more of it. This time they even tied 100% (in case with social/blue stuff sharing) and some unlocks (those community challenges). Ridiculous.
They even gone as far as making acinitiates which is in OPEN ALPHA stage tied with things in retail product (which I suspect now is in alpha stage too)

And even without technical problems this idea with putting online in sp and then making it reeeeeally stretched in time is really dumb. No one plays SP every day full year.
Where is announcement at least?
One word: idiots

Bookeworm
12-24-2013, 07:32 AM
Please, Ubisoft, Tell us there are going to be a lot more frequent Community Challenges. I can't even participate in this one since I'm stuck with family for the holiday, and the first event was before Xbox One / PS4 / PC were even released. As a completionist, it kills me to think that I won't have access too all of the single player content because you made an event that only takes place OVER CHRISTMAS. So please make sure there are a lot more of these events to allow us to get the content.

Kagurra
12-24-2013, 07:59 AM
Please, Ubisoft, Tell us there are going to be a lot more frequent Community Challenges. I can't even participate in this one since I'm stuck with family for the holiday, and the first event was before Xbox One / PS4 / PC were even released. As a completionist, it kills me to think that I won't have access too all of the single player content because you made an event that only takes place OVER CHRISTMAS. So please make sure there are a lot more of these events to allow us to get the content.

Well they only last 3 days apparently. Hopefully they just keep doing them back to back. The current one's reward is a wheel for the Jackdaw, whoopdie doo. I want my explorer outfit.

Anykeyer
12-24-2013, 08:05 AM
Now there is an exclamation mark instead of acinitiates level in SP's main menu. Definitely a change LOL
BTW I wonder what happens when you miss the challenge. Will there be more with the same reward? Looks like no one knows...

Kagurra
12-24-2013, 08:12 AM
Now there is an exclamation mark instead of acinitiates level in SP's main menu. Definitely a change LOL
BTW I wonder what happens when you miss the challenge. Will there be more with the same reward? Looks like no one knows...

Well I hope so. Because I want my explorer outfit, but there was a challenge for it before the next-gen consoles were even released.

jetlee2777
12-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Well I hope so. Because I want my explorer outfit, but there was a challenge for it before the next-gen consoles were even released.

What!?,so in other words there is right now a new community challenge?,why did Ubisoft not officially announced I mean thatīs really not fair.

Cause like somebody said already,not everybody is playing everyday the SP esp. when yourīre done already with the story and got already 100%.

And then you only get a wheel as reward?,how about "El Impoluto figurehead" I want this one so badly and until now yourīre not able to unlock it?

About the explorer outfit @Kagurra if you have participated to the first community challenge and the outfit has not been unlocked for you,eventhough youīve got a note that it does.

Then you have to contact the Ubisoft Support team about it,but my problem at least has been solved by the latest patch 1.03,cause then suddenly the explorer outfit was unlocked for me.

MarleyMon81
12-24-2013, 02:25 PM
Do you only get the reward once the entire community challenge has been met? I plunered the 15 ships that is your personal contribution but nothing unlocked.

TomEmilioDavies
12-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Do you think we will make it? We are 19% there right now. We only have untill the 26th.

Reuz_Veneratio
12-24-2013, 07:27 PM
No, the 300000 Ships is what the community has to do as a combined total. In order to get credit for participating in the community event, you have to plunder 15 ships I think (don't have the challenge up right now, but I think that's the number they set for participation credit). If you plunder 15 ships, you will have completed the event for yourself and once the community as a combined total has plundered 300000 ships, you should get the reward.

Confirmed, you have to 'repair the jackdaw' with any boarded ships to get credit. I don't know why they would do this, but it's the only thing that works.

Kagurra
12-24-2013, 11:17 PM
What!?,so in other words there is right now a new community challenge?,why did Ubisoft not officially announced I mean thatīs really not fair.

Cause like somebody said already,not everybody is playing everyday the SP esp. when yourīre done already with the story and got already 100%.

And then you only get a wheel as reward?,how about "El Impoluto figurehead" I want this one so badly and until now yourīre not able to unlock it?

About the explorer outfit @Kagurra if you have participated to the first community challenge and the outfit has not been unlocked for you,eventhough youīve got a note that it does.

Then you have to contact the Ubisoft Support team about it,but my problem at least has been solved by the latest patch 1.03,cause then suddenly the explorer outfit was unlocked for me.

The first community challenge that unlocked the Explorer outfit was going on before the next-gen consoles released and I got my copy for my Xbox One. So fair... not really. It's BS, especially if they don't do another one for it. I couldn't care less about the El Impoluto wheel or figurehead, I use the Jackdaw's default wheel and figurehead because they fit the ship perfectly, others look out of place. Besides, when can you really see your figurehead? Only when you're in travel speed or docked. An outfit you see all the time no matter what.

Wantok007
12-25-2013, 03:16 AM
I have taken on countless ships. I have boarded and lowered my wanted register, I have boarded and repaired my ship, I have baorded and sent to Kenways fleet, and instead of boarding, I have rammed and looted and rescued. My score is 1/15 and has been so for the last 4 days. I have counted over 200 ships. I have intercepted friendlies in battles with ships, won and boarded but still no count. I have been involved with battles with the english and spanish and picked a side, won and boarded, but still no count. What the hell? Are they special ships that you have to locate.

Kagurra
12-25-2013, 03:23 AM
I have taken on countless ships. I have boarded and lowered my wanted register, I have boarded and repaired my ship, I have baorded and sent to Kenways fleet, and instead of boarding, I have rammed and looted and rescued. My score is 1/15 and has been so for the last 4 days. I have counted over 200 ships. I have intercepted friendlies in battles with ships, won and boarded but still no count. I have been involved with battles with the english and spanish and picked a side, won and boarded, but still no count. What the hell? Are they special ships that you have to locate.

You sure you aren't exaggerating a bit? Because all you need to do is select the "Repair Jackdaw" option. I did it no problem. The counter itself on the leaderboard is a bit laggy, so it doesn't update your number right when you repair your ship.

Wantok007
12-25-2013, 04:42 AM
It is only counted on repair. The numbers are going up.

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 05:04 AM
Confirmed, you have to 'repair the jackdaw' with any boarded ships to get credit. I don't know why they would do this, but it's the only thing that works.

Because the other two options aren't really plundering, and neither is sinking it.

LoyalACFan
12-25-2013, 10:30 AM
So... I think we all realize this is not going to be completed by tomorrow. Congrats, Ubi, you scheduled a community event during a good chunk of your fanbase's most important religious holiday of the year :nonchalance: I'm sure they've got nothing else to do today besides plunder a couple million ships in a video game...

HypeR.tgL
12-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Lol, all that wasted effort. That's kinda sad just for Jackdaw wheel..

Anykeyer
12-25-2013, 11:42 AM
They will probably reward participants anyway. But idk, the only good way of running stuff like this (assuming they absolutelly need online events in SP) would be to run them each weekend in infinite cycle (and for total community goal count all previous runs). This way players would be able to get all rewards in 6 weeks, which is already way more than enough time to get 100% sync.

jetlee2777
12-25-2013, 02:12 PM
The first community challenge that unlocked the Explorer outfit was going on before the next-gen consoles released and I got my copy for my Xbox One. So fair... not really. It's BS, especially if they don't do another one for it. I couldn't care less about the El Impoluto wheel or figurehead, I use the Jackdaw's default wheel and figurehead because they fit the ship perfectly, others look out of place. Besides, when can you really see your figurehead? Only when you're in travel speed or docked. An outfit you see all the time no matter what.

Yes I know that the first community challenge was released for Ps3 and Xbox360,which means that the Ps4 and XboxOne owners were not able to play it unless Ubisoft will replay the challenges also for the next-gen consoles than you would be able to still get the Explorer Outfit on your XboxOne,otherwise you should just accept the fact if itīs not possible and not blaming Ubisoft for it,why you donīt get it I mean itīs self-explained like you wrote.

And also the Explorer outfit is not so "nice" anyway there Edward had by far much better outfits then this one,and if yourīre only using the default wheel and figurhead on your Jackdaw itīs up to you.

I found it a bit "boring" and what to give my Jackdaw a little "individually" look and what could be better then a female figurhead?,to get itīs attraction?,and you can see your figurhead like you said if you travel speed or just dock somewhere,or if you make up your way to the front side of the ship.

So... I think we all realize this is not going to be completed by tomorrow. Congrats, Ubi, you scheduled a community event during a good chunk of your fanbase's most important religious holiday of the year I'm sure they've got nothing else to do today besides plunder a couple million ships in a video game...

@LoyalACFan Yes yourīre right about it I donīt think so too,that the community will be able to do the community goal in 1 day only.

Especially cause when Iīve looked yesterday it said that the progress was only 26% on Ps3 system.

And in my opinion this would be unfair,if you wonīt get any reward then eventhough you have participate on it and make your contribution to it.

Regards,

jetlee2777

Mr_Shade
12-25-2013, 03:27 PM
FYI - Items already offered - before the Next Gen launches, will be offered again, so that everyone has a chance to earn them - this has been posted in a number of threads before.

So, you will get multiple chances of gaining the items.

Even if something does not unlock - due to a failed challenge - it's possible it will the next time, so I would not worry too much, everyone should get a chance of getting everything.

Challenges should also be announced in game - via the news ticker on the main menu - so please check that for updates!

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 05:51 PM
How about a "first time" for PC players?

So freakin' lame.

Anykeyer
12-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Stuff like this drives me mad sometimes. Im a completist and I always buy the best possible edition in terms of in-game content. I want to unlock everything even if I wont use it (and community challenges swords/guns I wont be using bc they are weak). But when I cant reach 100% because of things like community challenges not working at all this puts a question in my mind. Do I really want to waste money on expensive edition next time? It loses a lot of value in my eyes.
BTW pirates (yes, pirates) figured out how to unlock everything, and that means every single community challenge reward. Yet game's publisher cant (or unwilling to) figure out how to make a simple stuff like this work? Nonsense.

jetlee2777
12-26-2013, 05:08 PM
FYI - Items already offered - before the Next Gen launches, will be offered again, so that everyone has a chance to earn them - this has been posted in a number of threads before.

So, you will get multiple chances of gaining the items.

Even if something does not unlock - due to a failed challenge - it's possible it will the next time, so I would not worry too much, everyone should get a chance of getting everything.

Challenges should also be announced in game - via the news ticker on the main menu - so please check that for updates!

Well Iīm actually really upset right now,cause it happened exactly what the community suspected.

Namely that first of all the time period for doing the community challenge was way to short and secondly because of it and also because the community challenge was NOT officialy announced from Ubisoft,the community didnīt reached the goal of plundering 3 million ships.

And all what yourīre getting now is a stupid consolation prize which is 1000 Real and 50 rum and 50 sugar,instead of the reward.:mad:

Thatīs not fair at all if you ask me,cause at least those people like me which participate on the challenge and did the target of plundering 15 ships should STILL get the reward.

So I hope really that yourīre right Mr_Shade that were still getting multiple chances of gaining the items.

And like I said already before NOT everybody is looking daily in the game via news ticker (ac initiates) if thereīs now a new community challenge or not,esp. when yourīre done already with the game and having 100%,or now because of christmas time the people have better things to do then looking in the game for any updates.

So please next time if there will be a new community challenge then announce it also here in the forum,and secondly gave the people the chance to still get the reward of this challenge.

Thank you very much and sincerely yours,

jetlee2777

Uranus888
12-26-2013, 06:25 PM
And as it seems...the next Community Challenge (the 3rd one) for consoles coming up and...again...no PC!

I'm sorry but this is really not funny anymore. If Ubisoft has so few consideration for its PC Community then they should assume it once for all and don't make AC available for it, but this attitude is unacceptable.

MnemonicSyntax
12-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Seriously? You uh... guys know if you let PC gamers in on it, the Community Challenge just might be met next time.

Primesghost
12-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Namely that first of all the time period for doing the community challenge was way to short

I don't know about 'way too' short but yeah, could have used an extra 12 hours or so. Maybe we'll get it next time.

secondly because of it and also because the community challenge was NOT officialy announced from Ubisoft,the community didnīt reached the goal of plundering 3 million ships.

Seriously? Anyone who is online gets a message about the community challenge while they're playing. It pops up right on the screen. If they can't be bothered to hit two buttons to find out about it, that's not really Ubi's fault.

Thatīs not fair at all if you ask me,cause at least those people like me which participate on the challenge and did the target of plundering 15 ships should STILL get the reward.

Dude, I plundered close to 150 ships yesterday and I'm not complaining.

And like I said already before NOT everybody is looking daily in the game via news ticker (ac initiates) if thereīs now a new community challenge or not,esp. when yourīre done already with the game and having 100%,or now because of christmas time the people have better things to do then looking in the game for any updates.

Anybody who is 'done' with the game isn't likely to come back for a community challenge. Anybody actively checking the official AC blog is pretty likely to log into the game at some point and get the on-screen pop-up notification.

Torvaldesq
12-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Seriously? Anyone who is online gets a message about the community challenge while they're playing. It pops up right on the screen. If they can't be bothered to hit two buttons to find out about it, that's not really Ubi's fault.

Of course it's Ubi's fault. They're the designer, they're in charge of the event, they create a situation where a ton of players log on to plunder 15 ships in a single player mode they're likely done with otherwise, and it ends with them getting nothing. There is no one else who is responsible other than Ubisoft. I've seen plenty of multiplayer challenges handled better.

Then I'm sure you'll be spending your time plundering ships without a challenge going on, since apparently you enjoy it purely for the plundering mechanics (that's assuming you weren't working on other things that actually required additional plundering to unlock, i.e. you needed metal for buying upgrades). It couldn't just be that you're white knighting on some forums for a favored publisher?

Anybody who is 'done' with the game isn't likely to come back for a community challenge. Anybody actively checking the official AC blog is pretty likely to log into the game at some point and get the on-screen pop-up notification.

A lot of people are completionists, like finishing off all the customization options because they might at some point re-play the game but not in the immediate, short term future. Hell, the guy you were responding to is one of those. And most people who are at 100% don't bother logging into the single player when they're done with it on anything approaching a regular basis. Notification is only half the problem though. The other half is that it wasn't just an open-ended challenge that would complete when the community reached a number rather than having potential to fail.

"But if the community can't fail, then it's a weak challenge." Yes. Yes it is. Which is exactly how you should tailor challenges built around single player modes where you can assume people who finish might stop playing altogether and those who don't are among the few completionists who care about keeping track of this stuff and will be perturbed if they put in additional effort only to get told the challenge failed due to others not participating.

jetlee2777
12-26-2013, 07:56 PM
I don't know about 'way too' short but yeah, could have used an extra 12 hours or so. Maybe we'll get it next time.

What do you mean you will only get a "message" about a new community challenge,if yourīre playing the game and look into the main menu.

It doesnīt matter now how many ships you have plundered :nonchalance: as when youīve counted all the ships together that I have plundered they are by far more then only 150 ships itīs about principle as when you participate on a community challenge and did yourīre personally goal then you should still get the reward for it no matter now if the community has reached the overall goal or not,and not just get a stupid "consolation prize",as actually this is singleplayer content and not multiplayer content.

And not everybody like I said is looking in the game or playing AC4 Black Flag daily,so how else can you be aware about it if thereīs now a new challenge or not if itīs not been officially announced from Ubisoft here in the forum?

I mean if there is now a new multiplayer event than this is always being announced in the multiplayer section.

Like now also for some reason thereīs a 3rd Community challenge out now and it said that you have to plunder 10 storehouses and the community has to plunder overall 900.000 storehouses.

But I do as I want to have the "El Impoluto figurehead" thatīs why Iīm looking from time to time,but not daily if thereīs now a new community challenge in the game or not.

Gestahl
12-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Kind of sad that next gen has easier goals but we still can't succeed. We needed 900,000 ships instead 3,000,000. We only need 200,000 warehouses instead of 900,000. But we still can't succeed. I only plundered 30ish ships because I already did my plundering earlier in the game. Didn't need to fight ships anymore. And now I have to plunder warehouses, but I've already plundered them all and half of them haven't filled up again in hours.

MnemonicSyntax
12-26-2013, 08:39 PM
It's because it was Christmas. And, PC isn't "doing the challenges" which would help the goal be met much easier.

Gestahl
12-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Scratch what I said earlier. Only two of the warehouses re-filled. I have, like, eight on my map that are empty. I even went back to Black Island to check that warehouse, but even though it's listed as filled on my map, there was no guy with a key. It looks like I'm not doing this challenge even though I really wanted the pistols.

Kagurra
12-26-2013, 09:01 PM
Kind of sad that next gen has easier goals but we still can't succeed. We needed 900,000 ships instead 3,000,000. We only need 200,000 warehouses instead of 900,000. But we still can't succeed. I only plundered 30ish ships because I already did my plundering earlier in the game. Didn't need to fight ships anymore. And now I have to plunder warehouses, but I've already plundered them all and half of them haven't filled up again in hours.

That's the next one? Great. They're really good at not giving us content.

DarknessRasm
12-26-2013, 09:55 PM
How are we supposed to to complete 900000 warehouses when they're all empty?!

I don't have a single one full so how can I even complete the individual 10?

Ubisoft is really starting to annoy me with these....

reddragonhrcro
12-26-2013, 10:59 PM

This, barely managed to get 5 from the time i had today to play.

Kagurra
12-26-2013, 10:59 PM

I actually just did it. Did around 15. Before, only a few of them refilled like the ones in the cities, and then one or two outside in the world. But now they seem to be fixed, at least for me. They're refilling quite fast, especially if you fast travel around. I got bored though, so there's my contribution for this one, at least for today...

SixKeys
12-27-2013, 12:00 AM
I'm guessing this new event isn't for PC either?

jwsplayer
12-27-2013, 12:03 AM
The challenge was not supposed to end until 27/12 not 26/12.....https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1529860_10201372329974843_1724463468_o.jpg

Injuring
12-27-2013, 12:37 AM
We were Robbed!

MnemonicSyntax
12-27-2013, 12:45 AM
I'm guessing this new event isn't for PC either?

Nope.

jetlee2777
12-27-2013, 01:07 AM
This, barely managed to get 5 from the time i had today to play.

Well Iīve just plundered now 15 warehouses and were even worldwide on rank 1 at Ps3 system.;)

And itīs so like Kagurra said the warehouses that you have plundered already will be refilled again you just have to wait a little and check out the other big cities such like Kingston or Havanna and also those little island as some of them have warehouses too.

Anyway I have doubts again that the community will be able to do this challenge at time,unless itīs plattform crossing.

But well I donīt like the guns anyway as I still want the El Impoluto figurehead,nothing else.

@jwsplayer What system do you have?,as for the Ps3 system the challenge ended on 12/26.

jwsplayer
12-27-2013, 02:10 AM
I'm on PS4 this was a PS4 capturehttps://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1529860_10201372329974843_1724463468_o.jpg

jwsplayer
12-27-2013, 02:12 AM
Got this notice this morning one day early......https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/902628_10201389249357817_958167895_o.jpg

jwsplayer
12-27-2013, 03:05 AM
What date do you have for the ending of the Warehouse Plunders? This is a screen from the PS4 which shows a 30/12 end date....https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1507433_10201390269143311_829806863_o.jpg

MnemonicSyntax
12-27-2013, 03:09 AM
Why the **** is this not on PC? Goddammit Ubisoft, get your ****ing act together.

HypeR.tgL
12-27-2013, 03:21 AM
I agree, this whole "delay the PC users" thing is getting out of hand, so far we've had things like our release date pushed back, Freedom Cry DLC date pushed back, title updates and now community challenges(At least I hope they've delayed it), it's getting annoyingly ridiculous.

phoenix-force411
12-27-2013, 03:31 AM
This should have been a community challenge that should have started earlier when everyone was plundering for materials. Now, the games died down a bit.

Anykeyer
12-27-2013, 07:26 AM
LOL. 5%, 5 ****in percents. Obviously goal is way too hight to reach given the circumstances and no freakin announcement anywhere.
Epic fail

Expecting that players would plunder millions of ships in single player 2 month after release isnt just naive. Its dumb.

Kagurra
12-27-2013, 07:57 AM
LOL. 5%, 5 ****in percents. Obviously goal is way too hight to reach given the circumstances and no freakin announcement anywhere.
Epic fail

Expecting that players would plunder millions of ships in single player 2 month after release isnt just naive. Its dumb.

Last time I looked it was around 13 percent. That was many hours ago. Maybe it's different for playstation and xbox, but still.

Anykeyer
12-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Anyway they should not put content on display here (should be hidden and not counted towards 100% unless you got it, just like any other extra content) and then put it behind impossible challenges. Now Im almost glad we PC players didnt have the privilege of wasting time like this

x___Luffy___x
12-27-2013, 10:50 AM
wth ubi, you lazy people. give us CE for PC. its so ****ing annoying. not at all fair to the pc players.
i really want that explorer outfit, just saw a youtube video of it. looked so awesome.

jetlee2777
12-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Got this notice this morning one day early......https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/902628_10201389249357817_958167895_o.jpg

Well thatīs exactly the same notice that Iīve got on PS3.

Which is really ridicoulos,cause what should I do with 1000 R and 50 of rum and sugar except for selling it?

and for us this warehouses challenge will end on 29.12.13 so always one day earlier then on PS4,and also what I found unfair is that the community goal is much more difficult on PS3 as there the community have to plunder 900.000 warehouses,while on PS4 itīs only 450.000.

And still I believe that this one will fail again and that the community will got again those such stupid and unnecassary consolation prize,instead of the reward.

jetlee2777
12-27-2013, 01:26 PM
wth ubi, you lazy people. give us CE for PC. its so ****ing annoying. not at all fair to the pc players.
i really want that explorer outfit, just saw a youtube video of it. looked so awesome.

Well I really donīt understand why everbody "wants" that explorer outfit so bad.

I mean tbh itīs just a normal outfit no more no less and has even no special abilities at all.

Uranus888
12-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Well I really donīt understand why everbody "wants" that explorer outfit so bad.

I mean tbh itīs just a normal outfit no more no less and has even no special abilities at all.

It's not only about what you "get". It is about the fact that items are locked in SP mode depending of online features that are being made available for parts of the community (consoleros) excluding others (PC users). And this already over months now.

This is not only discriminating but also unacceptable.

Not to talk about that there are no statements what so ever about this enterprise policy from Ubisoft apart from Mr_Shade's ones, who really can do few about these ridiculous internal decisions.

jetlee2777
12-27-2013, 06:39 PM
It's not only about what you "get". It is about the fact that items are locked in SP mode depending of online features that are being made available for parts of the community (consoleros) excluding others (PC users). And this already over months now.

This is not only discriminating but also unacceptable.

Not to talk about that there are no statements what so ever about this enterprise policy from Ubisoft apart from Mr_Shade's ones, who really can do few about these ridiculous internal decisions.

Well yes I know since the game has been launched at October there have been only 3 community challenges so far,and still items which are unlocked.

That is indeed unacceptable esp. when the challenge ended and you only get a stupid consolation prize only cause the community failed to do the goal,but what do you want to do about it?,I mean eventhough you will "cry" and "complain" here that wonīt change anything and Mr_Shade is only one person who is working for Ubisoft so he canīt solve that issue alone like you said.

lilmonkeyboy1
12-27-2013, 08:22 PM
This is pure nonsense. All of my warehouses are full, yet not a single one has a key holder anywhere near it. So far I've only been able to plunder 1 warehouse, and that's because I went back to level 3 part 5. I'm not about to do that 10 times. It's bad enough that we got screwed on the last Community Challenge, but to have to replay an entire mission to complete 1 warehouse plunder is absolutely ridiculous. Top it off with being stuck at 99/100 of the Abstergo Challenges, I think Ubisoft has gotten all of the money they'll ever get from me. Don't get me wrong, I love the Assassins Creed series, but Ubi's support is just too lazy for me anymore.[/rant]

Torvaldesq
12-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Well yes I know since the game has been launched at October there have been only 3 community challenges so far,and still items which are unlocked.

That is indeed unacceptable esp. when the challenge ended and you only get a stupid consolation prize only cause the community failed to do the goal,but what do you want to do about it?,I mean eventhough you will "cry" and "complain" here that wonīt change anything and Mr_Shade is only one person who is working for Ubisoft so he canīt solve that issue alone like you said.

Other than a few posts around this time, there's nothing we can do about it. Hopefully these forums exist for a reason and the developers actually care to check what their players are saying. The fact that they set the numbers so high that the community "failed", during this period when AC 4 is still relatively new, demonstrates what terrible decision making they had going into the number requirements / date requirements. In fact, I'd say that even having a date requirement and the potential to fail is a sign of bad decision making. It's one thing to "miss" a community challenge that you're told will come again. It's another thing when, despite the game being still new (and thus you'd assume the single player base is high and will only be going down), the challenge still is failed after you participated and met your own quota. Ubi should ask themselves, "What message does that send?"

I'll tell them what message that sends to the player: Don't bother. Ever again.

Criticalfrimmel
12-27-2013, 09:17 PM
Great. Didn't know the only option that counted as plundering was "repair the jackdaw." Probably left 50 or more ships off my total. Don't think I'll be participating in this warehouse one. Especially if I put the game in and there isn't some sort of notice or update on the menu. I only came across the plunder ships challenge by accident. And my warehouses are all empty.

Is completing these community challenges part of getting 100% sync? If so that's going to mean it's time to move on to Killzone.

Kagurra
12-27-2013, 09:37 PM

I don't give a crap about special abilities. I only use "normal" outfits. But I like to have some variety. The only "heavily modified" outfit that has a white hood besides Edward's default robes is the Explorer outfit. I use the governor's sometimes but they're not Edward's robes, they're Duncan's. I like Duncan's style aswell, alot actually, but not all the time. They're not pirate-y at all.

I love Edward's default robes a lot, they're probably my favorite robes in any AC game, but damn I want the explorer outfit to mix it up perfectly. I shouldn't have to explain it...

datensystem
12-28-2013, 12:03 AM
and now community challenge in AC4 Multiplayer?

"Taunt a Target after you killed them during the MISERLY SHADOWS event"

we are at 2% lol, i always taunt the enemy i've killed (THE PROVOKER). and we are at 2% lol.............

Kagurra
12-28-2013, 12:06 AM
The warehouse challenge is going quite well actually. They seemed to have fixed the respawning issue, and last time I looked it was at 40% or something. I think the reasons we failed the last one was because it was around Christmas time and people were busy, and people that don't frequent the forums didn't know you had to specifically select "Repair Jackdaw" I suppose.

crFIDO
12-28-2013, 10:33 PM
This challenge would go a lot better if the warehouses refilled regularly. Anyone else notice that Kingston's northern warehouse doesn't ever refill?

KnightHawk215
12-28-2013, 11:04 PM
This challenge would go a lot better if the warehouses refilled regularly. Anyone else notice that Kingston's northern warehouse doesn't ever refill?

Wait, the warehouses are supposed to refill??? I have never had one refill. Then again my community events have been broken since I started playing too somaybe they are related.

crFIDO
12-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Yea they are supposed to refill. I normally loot one, go get a animus fragment and loot a chest and most times ONE is refilled. But I realized you can't live in map mode or it will never refill. And you have to play the game, not just turn it off and try later.

Kagurra
12-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Yea they are supposed to refill. I normally loot one, go get a animus fragment and loot a chest and most times ONE is refilled. But I realized you can't live in map mode or it will never refill. And you have to play the game, not just turn it off and try later.

Just fast travel around, it skips the in-game time ahead and usually one is refilled. There must've been a sneaky patch or something was added during the last patch they didn't mention, because the warehouses are working perfectly now, whereas before they never refilled.

Lethalla
12-29-2013, 12:12 AM
The top person on the Community Challenge leaderboards has something like 158 warehouses looted... even with fast travelling, they surely don't refill *that* fast...? I've managed four and the other three haven't refilled yet.

Injuring
12-29-2013, 01:52 AM
The warehouse challenge is going quite well actually. They seemed to have fixed the respawning issue, and last time I looked it was at 40% or something. I think the reasons we failed the last one was because it was around Christmas time and people were busy, and people that don't frequent the forums didn't know you had to specifically select "Repair Jackdaw" I suppose.

No Idea what your seeing but I'm showing we are at 44% on 12/28 at 7:51 PM and it ends 12/29...........So it seems to be going poorly again, whoever is setting these targets thinks a lot more ppl are playing than there are.

Kagurra
12-29-2013, 02:30 AM
No Idea what your seeing but I'm showing we are at 44% on 12/28 at 7:51 PM and it ends 12/29...........So it seems to be going poorly again, whoever is setting these targets thinks a lot more ppl are playing than there are.

When I looked earlier today it was 67%. Maybe it's different depending on the console you're on.

Injuring
12-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Checked it again this morning.... Playstation 4 failed to complete the warehouses
XBOX 360 failed to complete the warehouses (Still can't give up my gamer score so I have 2 copies)

When I checked earlier this morning the challenge was at 51%. Either UBI needs to synchronize all copies of this game, so we all see the same exact percentages, or they need to seriously Review there challenges and make them more REALISTIC. No matter how many copies you sold there really is no reason to continue playing this game after you finish it the first time. No rewards, No Harder Levels, No extra unlocks....Nothing!

The Multiplayer is ehh (OK) at best but its no COD or BF, and wont have very many people playing it for months on end.
The Season Pass has not been explained to my satisfaction, a SEASON pass in all the games i'm aware of is exactly that a season pass which gets you 2-4 future DLC releases. So far the only thing I see is the Adewale (Since I didn't like him I see no reason to play him) Until UBI makes it clear I'm not buying there expansion DLC that isn't really a season PASS.

Hopefully they will figure this out as each community challenge fails and even the hardcore stop trying to get them done.

jsmith
12-29-2013, 07:10 PM
Does anyone know why the PS4 keeps ending a day early?

This challenge said 12/30 and it ended when I woke up this morning so it really ended 12/29...

The last challenge also ended a day early for us. This is some serious false advertisement. Put the correct date in the game, Ubisoft!

jwsplayer
12-29-2013, 08:41 PM
Does anyone know why the PS4 keeps ending a day early?

This challenge said 12/30 and it ended when I woke up this morning so it really ended 12/29...

The last challenge also ended a day early for us. This is some serious false advertisement. Put the correct date in the game, Ubisoft!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1531630_10201405960335581_417149149_o.jpg

And they did not even give us the reward of 50 each of the Cargo's or the 1,000 R....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/981326_10201406072018373_516909981_o.jpg

Injuring
12-29-2013, 09:01 PM
On my PS4 it Said 12/29 and ended 12/29 maybe it depends on the Time Zone/Area your in.

jetlee2777
12-29-2013, 10:14 PM
I canīt even see anymore the current community challenge progress on PS3?:confused:but if the community on PS4 have failed again then I think so that we did too.

So this means also again no reward!!!:mad:

And it really becomes in my opinion a wastage of time to play those challenges,if you will get nothing in return for it.

No matter now if I want to have the "El Impoluto figurehead" or not.

crFIDO
12-30-2013, 10:52 PM
This was the first community challenge that I participated in (didn't know they existed). How often do they occur for xbox 360?

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 11:00 PM
To be very honest, we don't know. First one was around launch, second and third were back to back (literally) and less than a week for both events combined.

No announcement or anything.

ziggurcat
12-31-2013, 08:50 AM
To be very honest, we don't know. First one was around launch, second and third were back to back (literally) and less than a week for both events combined.

you'd think that they would make them constant or something... it kind of sucks that there are several items associated with completing community challenges, and you never know when these things are going to occur. as i've mentioned, i've played a long time, and i've yet to encounter any of these challenges. how many have you encountered?

ziggurcat
12-31-2013, 08:53 AM
On my PS4 it Said 12/29 and ended 12/29 maybe it depends on the Time Zone/Area your in.

i've been playing the game for most of the day (12/29), and I saw no notification for a community challenge. what time did this occur during the day?

hobo007
12-31-2013, 01:01 PM
Hey guys any word on when the next community challenge is, on the PS4 as it has been a few days now since I last did one.

itrarob
12-31-2013, 11:13 PM
anyone having trouble finding navel convoys try to bribe a bartender for info.

hobo007
01-01-2014, 10:25 PM
If you want naval convoys fast travel to the underwater maker at the bottom left of your map.There is normal one there, then just keep fast travelling back there. If you mean royal convoys then they are random and rare just like the chests. Only need one more of each to finish the abstergo challenge, if anyone can help me that would be great.

hobo007
01-08-2014, 07:39 PM

This is the response I got from ubisoft if people are still waiting for a reply to community problems (events, chest, royal convoys etc).

''1) For more information about social event please find in attached link below : http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-community-schedule-and-news/ 2) Thank you for reporting this issue. This problem is currently under investigation by the development team. When any additional information becomes available, it will be made available in the game's forums at http://forums.ubi.com and our FAQ.''

luckyto
01-08-2014, 07:48 PM

I discovered that if my cargo was full, say I was overloaded with cloth; and the ship's cargo was cloth; then that ship would not count.

That said. I did my 15. But no cigar.

Is there anything even slightly official about when or how these work?

dparra85
09-14-2016, 06:51 PM
Hello everyone. I see that I am not the only one that wants this patch. Can the moderators and ubisoft staff review the forums and see that we all would like a new community challenges or at least buy the items in a DLC?