PDA

View Full Version : Anybody not buying any products from Ubisoft anymore?

Kraise123
12-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Well, I'm sorry to ubisoft lovers out there but i am fed up with their server & customer service issue.

I lost my 100+ hours of gameplay hours, multiplayer is a constant crash, my experience with Ubisoft is catastrophic so far.

I tried to talk to customer service after losing all my progress a month ago, still talking to them about it, but its not working.

They hide behind their 'policies' and refused to give out any information, or even a refund.

Some people say, hey its just a game, enjoy it.... i agree, its just a game, but hours that i have put into is not a joke.

I like to complete everything, im a collector, I like to sync everything and eventually i play more and more even after i beat the game.

ANNNND its gone.

gone gone.

first i thought this was a joke.

After i read about how Ubisoft having an issue with Cloud i gave them a break, sure this can happen, no company out there is perfect..

Its been a MONTH now.

their avoidance of their own problems and flaws makes me sick.

I am done with Ubisoft, I have never ever seen a company this dull to responsiblity when it comes to their customers and their games.

Rezus1991
12-23-2013, 06:55 PM
I will think hardly before buying anything else from Ubi. I bet you have already read my thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/818825-Everyone-read-this-asap!!!-Sue-ubisoft-for-their-mistakes

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 07:35 PM
What about disabling cloud syncing? It should still save locally that way.

Gambi7
12-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Yo, we in the same ship about to drown!

I purchased AC4 about 2 weeks ago, built up about 20-30 hours game time and around 70% completion. I recently purchased windows 8 so i decided to backup my save data and formatted my PC. After installing W8, i reinstalled AC4 and moved over my save data. The folder path is the same, everything is the same as before and yet when the game launches all it will let me do is start a new game. What's the deal? Why can't it recognized a simple save data that i moved over.

After testing a few times with new saves, backing them up and moving them back doesn't work because the game doesn't want to recognize the save in game. Cloud sync is off and my data isn't corrupt. This seems like a pretty big blunder to me.

With yearly releases and the decline in story from AC games as well as unsure if i should purchase for PS3 or PS4 or at all. However with the holiday's i figured why not and fell for the games marketing hook line and sinker. At this rate unless i can somehow recover my save data i don't think i'll ever buy another ubi game. Ruined PoP and slowly ruining AC

I hope someone on the forum is able to help me because i gave up on the ubi support line after 90minutes on hold and my question to tech support hasn't been answered. Kind of feel as if i wasted a lot of time for nothing, is there any way to get a refund?

Sdwakias
12-23-2013, 10:13 PM
You guys are nothing close to what happened to me, yet you whine so much... I bought the Black Chest Edition and I have many problems:

1st) My soundtrack CD has the right songs but they are listed as a Revelations' songs.
2nd) Played the game first at 63% and lost the save.
3nd) I was able to retrieve the save but at 17% completion. I then played it for around to 50+ hours and finally managed to get a 99% completed save game with the only things left were 2 ship upgrades, the 2 top legendary ships, just one more treasure map and probably a few items from the Kenway's Fleet, a few more Abstergo challenges, and a few achievements. And guess what? The game crashed and the save was gone... Now I have to play it again.
4th) I have low FPS
and 5th) Found many bugs, even one that was game breaking, but found a solution to it.

Oh, and not to mention that I can play Multiplayer rarely since the Limited Mode comes up all the time. YET, I do have no problem at all with Ubisoft because they DID make a great game, and if you were a hardcore gamer, you would have the ability to know a lot of games that were, and still are, fully bugged. The point IS, you blame Ubisoft all the time, but what happened to ACIV has happened to other companies' games, even Valve's CS:GO. Do you know what it is to play CS1.6 for roundly 1000 hours, and get VAC banned because CS itself got bugged, changed some files by force, and thought YOU cheated? I had to annoy Steam's support so much that they deleted my game from the library and put out the VAC banned sign and told me to buy again the game to play it, AFTER 8 months... Seriously, companies are all the same, no matter what. Just deal with it. Instead of whining because a company doesn't fix bugs of a game, why don't you whine and complain about politicians stealing money from your country and YOU?

Questions2ask
12-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Even though people refuse to admit it and swear up and down they did nothing out of the ordinary, almost every problem people are having is user inflicted, ESPECIALLY LOW FPS (No offense Sdwakias) and here is a small list I'm touching up on from all the replies in this topic:

Lost game saves due to changing an OS = User fault (No offense Sdwakias) YES LOST GAME SAVES SUCK, AND IS AN ISSUE but TECH support IS NOT REQUIRED TO FIX IT as people claim. They should fix it if they want to keep their cutsomers happy, but are not REQUIRED TO FIX THAT ISSUE as it's not part of what you click I AGREE TO.

Multi-player = a bonus to what you purchase the license to play, the license only applies to single player nor does it apply to 100% completion either- Read the EULA, TOA, and TOS if you don't believe me. You'll be shocked to read what you're actually entitled to when purchasing a license for a digital product.

Soundtrack misprint issue = collectors item - Hold on to it and eventually sell it for big money

What Sdwakias said about Valve, is the exact reason why I have never gotten involved with Steam and I avoid any game tied to Steam whenever possible. They're way too abusive and have been Stealing for years and gotten away with it. and that is the reason 1/4 of the piracy happens with games and no one seems to grasp that concept about piracy.

Frag_Maniac
12-24-2013, 12:17 AM
What about disabling cloud syncing? It should still save locally that way.

He mentioned being a completionist though, as many AC fans are, and doesn't that somewhat limit your chances of getting 100%, since social events, which take syncing more than just within the game, are a big part of 100% completion now?

I also fail to see how the game's save system is somehow separate from the rest of the product as far as quality assurance or TOA goes. A broken save system is just as much a broken part of the game as any other part, and Ubi have already admitted it's not working as it should, so they should offer refunds to those having problems with it if they ask for one, esp after WEEKS of trying their best to deal with it.

Is it really so hard to believe that the team with the worst distribution and support browser in gaming is putting out hit and miss game features as well, esp the features that are tied to it? I mean just look at the fiasco that was the Freedom Cry launch, and tell me Ubi has their **** together.

Ubi =

Concepts A+
Content A+
Condition C- (for many, F)

There's no reason a company as profitable as Ubi has to have such poor quality control. They don't even manage their forums very well, which is why you see people like Questions getting away with ridiculous random flames against forum members while leveling ludicrous accusations against Valve, and constant spam bots advertising non gaming related things. The only thing Ubi take seriously are game concepts and content. They know if their quality control is just barely adequate, and they do that regionally according to sales, they'll still make a huge profit. Regional QC bias is why you see many of us not having the problems others are. MS does the same with their console systems. The product always suffers when money is more important than customer satisfaction, and the reason they get away with it is the gaming industry doesn't have a very high bar for quality anymore.

I consider myself one of the lucky ones. I've never had the save problems, and I've yet to have a general connectivity problem. I've had maybe two or 3 crashes or freezes in over 80 hrs of gameplay, and one white whale SE. I consider that the norm for the lucky ones, but I'm not going to sit here like some are and just say deal with it for those whom are having MUCH worse problems. Granted a lot of gripes actually are on the user end for one reason or another, but when Ubi comes out and admits the things they've acknowledged, and has very minimal presence and a very bad response system, then I can sympathize with those whom are NOT the lucky ones. Not all of this is baseless whining.

MnemonicSyntax
12-24-2013, 12:28 AM
He mentioned being a completionist though, as many AC fans are, and doesn't that somewhat limit your chances of getting 100%, since social events, which take syncing more than just within the game, are a big part of 100% completion now?

I also fail to see how the game's save system is somehow separate from the rest of the product as far as quality assurance or TOA goes. A broken save system is just as much a broken part of the game as any other part, and Ubi have already admitted it's not working as it should, so they should offer refunds to those having problems with it if they ask for one, esp after WEEKS of trying their best to deal with it.

Is it really so hard to believe that the team with the worst distribution and support browser in gaming is putting out hit and miss game features as well, esp the features that are tied to it? I mean just look at the fiasco that was the Freedom Cry launch, and tell me Ubi has their **** together.

Ubi =

Concepts A+
Content A+
Condition C- (for many, F)

There's no reason a company as profitable as Ubi has to have such poor quality control.

Yep, but you can still create a backup and sync it before you quit the game. Granted, it's time consuming, but 5 minutes versus 50 hours?

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 12:48 AM
@Frag_Maniac

While you're correct about bad quality control the fact of the matter is, believe it or not, game saves actually don't fall under a tech problem. Tech problems are very defined, which is why an EULA, TOS, and TOA are all out of hand, and have too much wording for protecting the developers.

As for my posts, sorry but don't speak to me about flaming, because the entire forum is filled with people posting outrageous complaints, demanding things, thinking that they're entitled to things that really aren't, making crap up off their own logic, not reading what they're agreeing to, and having the forum filled with dev bashing and flaming comments is where someone like myself draw the line. So how dare you try and slam me because I say something about people flooding the forum with useless crap and then actually trying to justify themselves.

And you know what is really amazing, is how even after it's been thoroughly explained that IF YOU READ THE DAMN TOS, EULA, AND TOA THAT YOU CLOWNS FRIGGING AGREE TO, because it's all explained in there, you all continue ignoring that and making crap up about things you really don't know what you're talking about on. Getting pissed at me doesn't change the facts that you clicked I agree and you have no idea what you're agreeing to and the agreement goes over and explains why 3/4 of the complaints people are spewing forth aren't valid. But of course no one will read the agreement and continue trying to argue invalid points.

Everyone's complaints comes down to WHAT YOU AGREE TO, not what problems anyone runs into and or what people think they're entitled to. Try reading what you're agreeing to before you rush in and accept something without reading it.Failure to read the agreement is your own damn fault, and continuing to make false claims the agreements specifically said you have no business making , makes anyone arguing it an annoying imbecile who would rather argue, than read why they're wrong.

Frag_Maniac
12-24-2013, 01:44 AM
@Mnemonic,
Except many aren't just having intermittent save or connection problems, and Ubi HAS admitted problems there. For them it's not a mere matter of backing something up at the end of a long session, it's a matter of not even being able to trust the game to SAVE a long session. I don't think Ubi were anywhere NEAR prepared for the level of server activity THIS many online features would involve in a game as big as AC, esp launched during the holidays.

@Questions,
You're the clown, I don't know how anyone could think otherwise. You even ASSumed Valve was responsible for people with Steam copies not getting Freedom Cry right away, and then you went silent when WE got it before those with UPlay Gold Editions did. LOL

You constantly misinterpret TOA forms as legally signing away your rights. There is no such thing as legally signing away your rights, and TOA forms of games are primarily to protect the author from illegal use of product. Jeez you are so clueless it's pathetic.

Your latest little gem was trying to convince me social events are not part of completion because they're not Abstergo Challenges or side missions, after which I posted a screenshot proving the last (Simulation) tab of Astergo Challenges clearly shows 3 social event related challenges as part of it. It's looking more and more like that 100% completion you claim to have achieved was on the coat tails of someone else's savegame, because anyone actually having achieved 100% would know that social events are part of Abstergo Challenges.

MnemonicSyntax
12-24-2013, 01:45 AM
I guess I'm a lucky one too then I guess. :/

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 03:17 AM
@Questions,
You're the clown, I don't know how anyone could think otherwise. You even ASSumed Valve was responsible for people with Steam copies not getting Freedom Cry right away
Try learning how to read, because nowhere did I ever say that at all. This proves you're not reading anything and just spewing forth complete nonsense.

If you knew how to read and or comprehend what you read you would have read that I very clearly stated, People who purchased their game on Steam need to take their complaints about problems with the game to the Steam forum where it belongs (Which the TOS, TOA, and EULA all state this.

And that is very far from what you're saying.

You call me a clown but yet you don't even know what someone posts and makes crap up they never said..

Gambi7
12-24-2013, 04:38 AM
@Questions2ask Can you go away, you aren't wanted or needed here. Your other posts got locked because of your nonsensical and gibbering and ranting. Constructive feedback from players with similar issues to try reaching a solution is what we were here for, not your ramblings about agreements we signed that you have no idea in regards to.

Fact, all i did was reinstall the game and now it won't recognize my save data, this is an issue. Most of the game is riddled with game breaking bugs and other issues. Please go away lemming. We don't want you getting another post locked.

Gambi7
12-24-2013, 05:20 AM
Also this is the Assassins Creed forum, for PC and consoles. Any issues related to the game get addressed here, i wouldn't call Sony about AC4, nor would i call steam. They just give you the number to ubisofts support center. Game bugs and issues are the developers concern. Similarly the developer can also issue refunds but they try to pawn that off onto the retailer. I won't explain to you why ubi can issue refunds, do some research and find out how business works.

Frag_Maniac
12-24-2013, 05:30 AM
@Questions2ask Can you go away...

His trolling won't stop that way, it will take a collective number of complaints via reporting forum abuse. He constantly insults people, so that approach could be successful.

And I didn't say you stated that Questions, I said you assumed it, as was evident by your jumping in threads pertaining to it implying Steam being a problem. The biggest problem on this forum is you. You constantly make insulting and misleading comments, then deny it. Eventually your misbehavior is going to catch up to you like it did on Steam.

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 05:45 AM
Also this is the Assassins Creed forum, for PC and consoles. Any issues related to the game get addressed here, i wouldn't call Sony about AC4, nor would i call steam. They just give you the number to ubisofts support center. Game bugs and issues are the developers concern. Similarly the developer can also issue refunds but they try to pawn that off onto the retailer. I won't explain to you why ubi can issue refunds, do some research and find out how business works.

But yet you think UBISOFT is required to handle Steam issues? Really.. You're really trying to contradict yourself..

Steam copies of the game never show up on your UPLAY account because it isn't running off a UPLAY account nor is it attached to it so explain how your game problems apply to UPLAY? The reality is that a Steam copy is running off your Steam account and isn't possible for it to be a UPLAY problem This is also the exact reason why you have to purchase the DLC from the same place you purchased the license to use the game. YOU cannot purchase the license to play the game on UPLAY and buy the DLC from Steam and have it work and vice versa, If the Steam version was connected to your UPLAY account then it wouldn't matter where you got the DLC from but the fact is it does matter. And if that doesn't get the message across to to you with full understanding, and you cannot see how that's a problem, then you're too dense to even be posting.

So yes Steam users need to quit bringing their complaints about their game to this forum because they simply don't belong here because it's not a UPLAY problem.

The fact is you buy your copy on Steam and something happens then UBISFOT isn't responsible because the game works perfectly fine with just UPLAY.

Once again everything I just explained is in the TOS, EULA, and TOA when you haven't clearly haven't even read and you won't read it either. You do realize that you're arguing against what is written that you clicked I agree to and then trying to say it's not, but yet you haven't read it to even make that statement and here you and others are seriously trying to talk about something you don't even know about.

When you read the TOS, EULA, and TOA then come back and try to say what you're saying until them just shut the hell up because you're doing nothing but spreading false information around on the forum and trying to say it's not when you haven't even read anything to remotely arrive at the conclusions you're arriving at.

Gambi7
12-24-2013, 06:06 AM
@Questions2ask

Why do i need to educate you? Why do you keep repeating TOS, EULA, and TOA when you don't know what you are talking about. Every console requires uplay, so does every single PC release, regardless of Steam or UPlay.

Steam is just a way to start the game, it doesn't handle anything related to cloud saves, the kennway fleet or even the actual save data location. The game still creates a Ubisoft Game Launcher folder and keep your save data there. Steam doesn't save your game data, steam doesn't provide you with social events, steam doesn't even run the game. All it does is start the game for you as a form of DRM; nothing else. Seriously, go away lemming, i realize you are 12 or 14 and you don't know any better but i have a degree in computer science so i know a little something about how all this works.

At first i was trying to be polite and read your rants but now i don't even bother reading, i see works like TOS, EULA and TOA and i realize you are ranting and repeating yourself and the rest is just insults trying to make yourself feel better for your own inadequacies. You made your point once, that is enough; no one here agrees with it and from what i gather, all of us believe that you yourself need to read those very documents you keep mentioning instead of trying to use them to justify nonsense.

Also I bought the game on UPlay, i run the game on UPlay. The game doesn't run just fine. The game may run just fine for you but that doesn't mean it runs fine for others. I myself have a pure gaming rig and i have NEVER had a game other than Sim City run this poorly. The number of bugs and glitches in the game are beyond anything from past AC's where they were bearable, a lot of them are game breaking. UPlay isn't fine, savedata isn't read properly, this is a bug. Cloud overwriting your past data causing loss of data is a bug, all of this is covered under the TOS. Why do you think Sim City and GTAO were having such hard times, complaints and law suits with merit filed against them.

Anyways, i can't bear to try teaching you any more than i already have. I neither have the will nor the patience to put up with your antics so I'll just report you for abusive and hope that you get banned instead of another topic getting closed.

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 06:37 AM
Gambi7
Let me clue you in on something, a Steam version of the game is being launched THROUGH STEAM because it's your Steam account that has the game and not UPLAY. This is why it makes any issues with a Steam copy of the game a Steam problem. UBISOFT can't fix Steam account launch problems. You guys buy the game on Steam, then yell at and expect UBISOFT to fix problems with a Steam account...Really...!

As far as UPLAY goes The game runs perfectly fine for me and a bunch of other people. Which proves the game isn't broken as people claim.

The fact is that if the game itself was actually broken, then NO one would be able to play it correctly because due to the amount of problems people have listed and continue listing, EVERY SINGLE person in existence who has a copy, would all be encountering at least 5 of the problems people are complaining about. That's how things work. This many problems would affect EVERYONE. not just a handful of people

Denial and deflection tactics aren't going to change these facts.

Also since you haven't read the TOS, EULA, and TOA then shut the hell up, because for someone who hasn't read it you claim to know everything about it..I on the other hand have read it so I know what's in there. So please quit talking about things you haven't even read and trying to pretend you know what you're saying.

For the record I work for several different lawyers that deal specifically with License agreements, and maybe where you live things may be different, but where I live everything I stated is how things work.

Anykeyer
12-24-2013, 07:21 AM
Why do you guys continue to argue with him? Just ignore

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 07:39 AM
Why do you guys continue to argue with him? Just ignore

Instead of trying to play that card answer the question, you're seriously saying that a game bought on a Steam account isn't a Steam game and that UBISOFT has to fix Steam account problems?

I love how when people get corrected they try and pull that comment because they' know they're wrong.

jrheymans
12-24-2013, 07:44 AM
@Questions2ask,

You are talking out of your arse, the game is NOT working,

I have a DVD version of the game (not a steam bought), also collectors and the game does not work, I have spend hours trying to find solutions to my problems, I have support trying to assist me and nothing, Mp does not even start, I have payed good money for a product that does not work! So if you are lucky enough to have a working game then go away stay of the threats where people are trying to get their hard earned money working.

I have not been able to enjoy the game at all with any of the dlc content, i have a new computer and some years in IT thus not being a complete pleb and understanding how systems work. the game has ISSUES! As for Ubi, so many clients are complaining that the product is not working, why would EVERYONE and ANYONE waste their time posting rubish on such a grand scale, your lucky to play now go away and play. leave the poor sods like me and the rest that cannot to our misery and *****ing. it is after all all we can do seeing as a game that we want to play is not working.

Gambi7
12-24-2013, 07:53 AM
@Questions2ask,

I have a DVD version of the game (not a steam bought), also collectors and the game does not work, I have spend hours trying to find solutions to my problems, I have support trying to assist me and nothing, Mp does not even start, I have payed good money for a product that does not work! So if you are lucky enough to have a working game then go away stay of the threats where people are trying to get their hard earned money working.

I have not been able to enjoy the game at all with any of the dlc content, i have a new computer and some years in IT thus not being a complete pleb and understanding how systems work. the game has ISSUES! As for Ubi, so many clients are complaining that the product is not working, why would EVERYONE and ANYONE waste their time posting rubish on such a grand scale, your lucky to play now go away and play. leave the poor sods like me and the rest that cannot to our misery and *****ing. it is after all all we can do seeing as a game that we want to play is not working.

Man sorry to hear your game doesn't work but i really wish mine didn't work out of the box frankly. I put in 30-50 hours. Don't even know and lost everything. I didn't even enjoy the story, it was bland and almost every mission had a bug; especially island missions where if you didn't approach some certain direction, the target wouldn't spawn :( forcing you tor restart the entire memory. Alas i digress; the most fun for me was playing out the pirate role, i wasn't an assassin i was a pirate and i enjoyed the open seas simulator part but have no interest in putting in another 30-50 hours trying to get to the same point i was already at. I always respected ubi even with yearly releases but this game feels rushed with the number of bugs :(

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 08:02 AM
@Questions2ask,

If the game isn't working then explain to me how me and tons of other people completed the game at 100% and have not run into any of the many many problems people are complaining about

You can't say the game is not working if plenty of people including myself have it working without problems, so quit making stupid blanket statements and calling others dumb.

Like most things you're issues are user related even if you don't think so and if you truly want help, then contact me on Skype and I'll be more than happy to go through an entire list of things you can check that contribute to the cause of some issues. I have no problems backing up what I talk about

I PM'd you with my Skype contact info. This isn't abut liking people on the forum, this is about getting your game to work and whether on purpose or not known or unknown, obviously the people who have their game working without problems have done something or somethings that people who are having problems didn't do.

So again this is about getting the game to work and not disliking someone or what they say on the forum, if you want to go through some things that you may not have covered then contact me via Skype. you haven't gotten anywhere with Support right, so what do you have to lose.

If you want to continue bashing me that's your choice, however it's not going to get your game fixed. If you also don't believe me that's your choice as well but that also won't get your game fixed.

As I said I'm offering to help you try and get your game fixed, forum issues and what people thin of each other doesn't fix games.

jrheymans
12-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Man sorry to hear your game doesn't work but i really wish mine didn't work out of the box frankly. I put in 30-50 hours. Don't even know and lost everything. I didn't even enjoy the story, it was bland and almost every mission had a bug; especially island missions where if you didn't approach some certain direction, the target wouldn't spawn :( forcing you tor restart the entire memory. Alas i digress; the most fun for me was playing out the pirate role, i wasn't an assassin i was a pirate and i enjoyed the open seas simulator part but have no interest in putting in another 30-50 hours trying to get to the same point i was already at. I always respected ubi even with yearly releases but this game feels rushed with the number of bugs :(

@Gambi7

its all good dude, the only thing i want is people to stop trolling and Ubi to be just that little bit more help full, yes I have support assisting me very diligently they problem is its all by the book there is no feeling that they are actually trying to help. like working with robots while the client is human, i played all the other AC and i must admit the concept of the Pirate Assassin intrigues me and all the additional dl content that I bought sounds really nice, now just to sit back and wait for the game to get fixed if it gets fixed.

GL all.

jrheymans
12-24-2013, 08:18 AM
If the game isn't working then explain to me how me and tons of other people completed the game at 100% and have not run into any of the many many problems people are complaining about

You can't say the game is not working if plenty of people including myself have it working without problems, so quit making stupid blanket statements and calling others dumb.

Like most things you're issues are user related even if you don't think so and if you truly want help, then contact me on Skype and I'll be more than happy to go through an entire list of things you can check that contribute to the cause of some issues. I have no problems backing up what I talk about

I PM'd you with my Skype contact info. This isn't abut liking people on the forum, this is about getting your game to work and whether on purpose or not known or unknown, obviously the people who have their game working without problems have done something or somethings that people who are having problems didn't do.

So again this is about getting the game to work and not disliking someone or what they say on the forum, if you want to go through some things that you may not have covered then contact me via Skype. you haven't gotten anywhere with Support right, so what do you have to lose.

If you want to continue bashing me that's your choice, however it's not going to get your game fixed. If you also don't believe me that's your choice as well but that also won't get your game fixed.

As I said I'm offering to help you try and get your game fixed, forum issues and what people thin of each other doesn't fix games.

Dude look at your statement and reverse it! Can’t say a game is working when so many ppl are NOT able to play! your game is working! grand Grats! I’m happy for you! mine is not! So either you are calling me a blatant liar or your telling me I’m stupid, it has to be one of those two, you don’t know me or my circumstances and thus cannot make informed comments. I am working with ubi to try and solve my problem, and I’ll stick with them for now. Also I don’t want a work around to get the game to work, (Install AC, Install Uplay, Update, Play) that is how its suppose to work, does not take a person with a masters to figure that out!

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 08:30 AM
Dude look at your statement and reverse it! Can’t say a game is working when so many ppl are NOT able to play! your game is working! grand Grats! I’m happy for you! mine is not! So either you are calling me a blatant liar or your telling me I’m stupid, it has to be one of those two, you don’t know me or my circumstances and thus cannot make informed comments. I am working with ubi to try and solve my problem, and I’ll stick with them for now. Also I don’t want a work around to get the game to work, (Install AC, Install Uplay, Update, Play) that is how its suppose to work, does not take a person with a masters to figure that out!

Sorry but something that doesn't work means NO ONE can get it working, that's what the definition of NOT WORKING MEANS.

Here is the deal, you either want to try and get your game fixed or you don't, there is no in between. So far everything you tried so far and all the channels you went through have not worked. My game is working fine, so I'm clearly doing something you're not. So here is the deal,

Whether you like me or what I have to say, doesn't have anything to do with the fact that if you TRULY want something fixed and nothing else has worked then you'll take any help that's being offered. Because It's one thing to complain about something, it's another to complain about something and then not do everything you can to change it.

So I'll make this really simple, If you don't want to take the offer for help, that's fine it's your choice, but if you choose not to take all offered help, then quit complaining about something being broken because you're not doing everything you can to fix the problem.

You have my Skype information.

jrheymans
12-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Lol

Gambi7
12-24-2013, 08:36 AM
I would very much like to ask anyone in this topic to please STOP replying to Questions2ask and he will eventually go away.

@Gambi7

its all good dude, the only thing i want is people to stop trolling and Ubi to be just that little bit more help full, yes I have support assisting me very diligently they problem is its all by the book there is no feeling that they are actually trying to help. like working with robots while the client is human, i played all the other AC and i must admit the concept of the Pirate Assassin intrigues me and all the additional dl content that I bought sounds really nice, now just to sit back and wait for the game to get fixed if it gets fixed.

GL all.

Well i was fed up with previous AC's for releasing half released games and charging another $60 for the full versions, i said to myself i won't buy AC4 but the pirate aspect ended up blinding me into buying it. At this point i regret buying it. Ubi support has basically said leave me the **** alone, won't fix my savedata issue, won't refund me any money and the support ticket i submitted hasn't been looked at, maybe due to the holidays but as a paying customer i have never been treated so poorly. When i had issues with Sim City release, EA helped and everyone hates on EA for not caring. Well when Sim City went down, they gave me origin credit worth the game and even let me keep the game.

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 08:50 AM
Gambi7 you're clearly asking for help, so i sent you my Skype information as well.

Want me to try and get you're game working properly then contact me. If not then quit complaining because you're not serious about the complaints you're posting.

jrheymans
12-24-2013, 08:51 AM
I would very much like to ask anyone in this topic to please STOP replying to Questions2ask and he will eventually go away.

Well i was fed up with previous AC's for releasing half released games and charging another $60 for the full versions, i said to myself i won't buy AC4 but the pirate aspect ended up blinding me into buying it. At this point i regret buying it. Ubi support has basically said leave me the **** alone, won't fix my savedata issue, won't refund me any money and the support ticket i submitted hasn't been looked at, maybe due to the holidays but as a paying customer i have never been treated so poorly. When i had issues with Sim City release, EA helped and everyone hates on EA for not caring. Well when Sim City went down, they gave me origin credit worth the game and even let me keep the game.

I understand that getting a working perfect game the instant it is released is virtually impossible, all I’m asking is for Ubi to be a little bit more forth coming and transparent with their help and feedback. level with your clients work with them to help solve an issue. I can however say that since logging an official ticket I have had a bit more luck with support but no working solutions thus far, I will keep at it and get the game to work the way it’s meant to not with some work around, if I wanted a work around game I didn’t have to spend any money at all. I guess I don’t have to elaborate. Ill wait some more (don’t have a choice) and then see if they can help me to get it working. Somewhere something is funky and I sure it’s something silly.

The strange thing is the game worked when I installed it the first time, lol didn’t have time to play it, next day was the 1.02 patch and it went downhill from there, nothing changed on my system no additional programs nothing so I’m sure it’s something to do with the game files.

But anyway, I’m at work and have to get back to it. GL all.

Anykeyer
12-24-2013, 08:52 AM
Yea...
When half of the online features (and no one asked for them to be added in SP) stop working if you have more than 50 friends. Definitely users fault. He just needs to remove his MP friends, clanmates and ***in everyone so this broken system will have a chance to function.
When new patch breaks wolfpack for everyone... users fault, should not have installed that patch
And when Uplay cloud loses save games randomly... contact Steam or this guy, because they have backups of your saves.
You cant beat that "logic". So just ignore the troll.

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 09:22 AM
I'm now going to start reporting all of you for trolling and wasting everyone's time with your nonsense.

You're just posting complaints to try and goad people into arguments and have zero intention of even trying to get problems fixed. In fact you probably don't even have any problems and are just saying you do to cause arguments.

You've all posted complaints, you've been offered help, you refuse the help, then continue complaining. that shows you're trolling.

Gambi7
12-24-2013, 09:22 AM
Does anyone know how i can get the game to recognize my save data? I have cloud sync off and several save data backups at various stages, yet none seem to work and when i start the game, i have 3 empty game slots :( Just doesn't want to recognize any of mine, if one was corrupt i would understand but not 15 of them. They are all save data from my uplay account and have the hash folder name for my uplay. same folder structure and 4 files inside.

Oh the companion android app for the Kennway fleet still see's my fleet, i can send them out and everything -.-

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 09:24 AM
Does anyone know how i can get the game to recognize my save data? I have cloud sync off and several save data backups at various stages, yet none seem to work and when i start the game, i have 3 empty game slots :( Just doesn't want to recognize any of mine, if one was corrupt i would understand but not 15 of them. They are all save data from my uplay account and have the hash folder name for my uplay. same folder structure and 4 files inside.

I do, but you would rather complain then get any help.

Also Anykeyer quit saying EVERYONE gets affected or the game is broken and all this other horse**** because I DO NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with anything people are complaining about and neither do a lot of people which proves your statement untrue EVERYONE would include me and the others not having problems. On top of that your OPINION about what you don't want in SP means nothing, you clicked I agree and that's how SP was designed so shut the hell up because when you clicked I agree You and everyone else in fact did agree to having SP like that.

So your complaint is invalid because you agreed to how SP is set up.

jrheymans
12-24-2013, 09:31 AM
lol

Anykeyer
12-24-2013, 09:39 AM
In fact you probably don't even have any problems and are just saying you do to cause arguments.

This takes the cake.

Kid, Im lead software engineer. And you are right about one thing. I dont have any problems... you, me or support are able to fix.
In cases like this I do what I can - report bugs to CMs and support and hope they will be adressed.
The only troll here is you, saying that this game is flawless and every single problem is users fault or fixable by users.

I do, but you would rather complain then get any help.

Also Anykeyer quit saying EVERYONE gets affected or the game is broken and all this other horse**** because I DO NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with anything people are complaining about and neither do a lot of people which proves your statement untrue EVERYONE would include me and the others not having problems. On top of that you're OPINION about what you don't want in SP means nothing, you clicked I agree and that's how SP was designed so shut the hell up because when you clicked I agree You and everyone else in fact did agree to having SP like that.

So your complaint is invalid because you agreed to how SP is set up.

You dont have those problems because you dont have more than 50 friends or because you never tried to play hardcore wolfpack after 1.02. In other words - because you are moron.
Only your trolling is invalid.

Im done with you.

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 10:09 AM
This takes the cake.

Kid, Im lead software engineer. And you are right about one thing. I dont have any problems... you, me or support are able to fix.
In cases like this I do what I can - report bugs to CMs and support and hope they will be adressed.
The only troll here is you, saying that this game is flawless and every single problem is users fault or fixable by users.

You dont have those problems because you dont have more than 50 friends or because you never tried to play hardcore wolfpack after 1.02. In other words - because you are moron.
Only your trolling is invalid.

Im done with you.
The reason I don't have problems with my game, is because I'm not stupid, I don't screw with things, I run the game at settings my computer can handle, and I don't cause the problem myself by using unauthorized 3rd party apps not too mention I had to explain to people what Synchronization meant on the Simulation screen in the Abstergo challenges.

This topic is showing that the only reason you're here, is to provoke problems with people and complain about things for absolutely no reason. You refuse help when it's offered and then continue complaining which proves you don't want any help, and the only thing you want to do is take up board space, and complaining about things you have no desire to get fixed. Someone who really wants to get something fixed, will take any help when it's offered, instead of refusing it and then further provoking problems.

The fact is me and a lot of people have our games game running perfectly fine and you guys do not and that is beyond sufficient proof that we are doing something you're not which also shows you really have no clue to what you're talking about trying to tell others they don't know what they're talking about. So this self righteous attitude of yours making invalid statements of how we can't help you, is not only blatant denial but sheer ignorance. and just trolling. You don't know what we know and we have out games running and you do not so that proves we know something that can help you

But you'd rather just argue, flame, and provoke people into arguments, so as I said before, I'm just going to start reporting people who complain but refuse help and then continue bashing people.

Gambi7
12-24-2013, 10:10 AM
@Anykeyer

Who you talking to? Do what everyone else is doing, don't even say you done; just ignore, don't reply. Give me advice instead lol XD, i tried installing ac on laptop and it works but laptop is too **** to play it :( So im back to square one with save data not being recognized on my pc -.-

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 10:21 AM
@Anykeyer

Who you talking to? Do what everyone else is doing, don't even say you done; just ignore, don't reply. Give me advice instead lol XD, i tried installing ac on laptop and it works but laptop is too **** to play it :( So im back to square one with save data not being recognized on my pc -.-
You don't want any help so quit asking for something you don't want.

I've Reported you for trolling and provoking arguments

Anykeyer
12-24-2013, 10:39 AM
@Anykeyer

Try running multiplayer once

seville57
12-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Maybe, if they add manual save options in some of their games. I don't like auto save in ACBF.

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 07:48 PM

I already have a number of times, what's the problem?

Gambi7
12-24-2013, 09:28 PM

Tried, everything i unlocked in SP is available in MP; all the perks? I guess because they are UPlay unlocks but when i go back to SP it still won't recognize my save data -.-

Gambi7
12-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Maybe, if they add manual save options in some of their games. I don't like auto save in ACBF.
I don't care if it is a manual save or an auto save; all i wanted was to update my OS and reinstall AC, now it looks like i wasted 30-50 hours on this -.-

Anykeyer
12-24-2013, 09:53 PM
I dont have first-hand experience with this bug. 2 of my friends had and in both cases running MP refreshed metadata used to recognise files. Try this:
1. move your saves somewhere else, so your \ubilauncher\savegames\<nicknamehash>\273 (273 is for retail/uplay, it should be 437 for steam) will be empty.
2. Start SP, make new session, then leave it, switch to MP (without exiting). at this point alt-tab and make sure that uplay still recognises your game as running - play buttons should be grayed (there is a bug added in uplay 4.x when sometimes it thinks your're done playing when you actually only switched SP to MP or vice versa, in this case Uplay starts to save into 0 folder)
3. Replace 2.save with your main save file, dont replace metadata, switch to SP (again, without existing), again alt-tab and make sure Uplay does not think you exited the game completely
4. attempt to load your save
I used this trick with success when I needed to replace saves when my cdkey were changed (starting with AC3 saves are encrypted with cdkey, saves with non-matching cdkeys will be recognised as damaged)

Gambi7
12-24-2013, 10:00 PM
I dont have first-hand experience with this bug. 2 of my friends had and in both cases running MP refreshed metadata used to recognise files. Try this:
1. move your saves somewhere else, so your \ubilauncher\savegames\<nicknamehash>\273 (273 is for retail/uplay, it should be 437 for steam) will be empty.
2. Start SP, make new session, then leave it, switch to MP (without exiting). at this point alt-tab and make sure that uplay still recognises your game as running - play buttons should be grayed (there is a bug added in uplay 4.x when sometimes it thinks your're done playing when you actually only switched SP to MP or vice versa, in this case Uplay starts to save into 0 folder)
3. Replace 2.save with your main save file, dont replace metadata, switch to SP (again, without existing), again alt-tab and make sure Uplay does not think you exited the game completely
4. attempt to load your save
I used this trick with success when I needed to replace saves when my cdkey were changed (starting with AC3 saves are encrypted with cdkey, saves with non-matching cdkeys will be recognised as damaged)

What about 1.save? Also i made a new game as you suggested but when i quit. It didn't create a 2.save, just 1.save and the meta data for it.

Anykeyer
12-24-2013, 10:12 PM
This is weird. 1.save should be your options file, it keeps all settings except for keyboard/mouse and graphics.
Try cleaning save folder, running SP (without making sessions), changing some options like subtitles and exiting game. 1.save should appear. If it does not try starting SP again and check that option you have changed. BTW if you have 0 folder delete it.
This should tell you if your game saves options into proper location. After this try making session to see if it saves 2.save here as well. If it does not try restarting to see if this session actually persists.

Gambi7
12-24-2013, 10:32 PM
This is weird. 1.save should be your options file, it keeps all settings except for keyboard/mouse and graphics.
Try cleaning save folder, running SP (without making sessions), changing some options like subtitles and exiting game. 1.save should appear. If it does not try starting SP again and check that option you have changed. BTW if you have 0 folder delete it.
This should tell you if your game saves options into proper location. After this try making session to see if it saves 2.save here as well. If it does not try restarting to see if this session actually persists.

This is definitely weird. Didn't work. I deleted the entire hash name folder and it didn't make the game forget any of my graphics settings. On to the main point, when i made a new game my 1.save is 4kb and my 2.save is 31kg however in all of my backups, my 2.save is 4kb and my 1.save gets larger as the save contains more progress. My most recent backup has a 1.save with 91kb and as always a 2.save with 4kb.

I even tried renaming my 1.save to 2.save and replacing that way but no matter what i do it just stops recognizing the files and offers me to start a new game :( I didn't quick the game like you said, replaced the files while is was in MP, then switched back to SP. :(

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 11:17 PM
I even tried renaming my 1.save to 2.save and replacing that way but no matter what i do it just stops recognizing the files and offers me to start a new game :( I didn't quick the game like you said, replaced the files while is was in MP, then switched back to SP. :(
LOL WOW...Just WOW You screw with your game saves, then have the audacity to cry about it on the forum and try and blame UBISOFT for what you caused...Are you kidding me!

Anykeyer
12-25-2013, 06:52 AM
This is definitely weird. Didn't work. I deleted the entire hash name folder and it didn't make the game forget any of my graphics settings. On to the main point, when i made a new game my 1.save is 4kb and my 2.save is 31kg however in all of my backups, my 2.save is 4kb and my 1.save gets larger as the save contains more progress. My most recent backup has a 1.save with 91kb and as always a 2.save with 4kb.

Graphics settings not being reset is normal, they arent in options save file.
So your game actually saves everything in proper location, but before your session was 1.save and now it makes it as 2.save (like it should)? This is likely the reason why you dont see saves in game at all. A save with higher number can contain invalidation info which hides specific saves with lower numbers for the game. Looks like at some point game recreated 2.save which invalided your 1.save.
Try replacing (with going to MP trick) both session and option files while also renaming them, so they will take proper positions (1 is options and 2 is 1st session).

XingHua31
12-26-2013, 06:31 AM
Even though people refuse to admit it and swear up and down they did nothing out of the ordinary, almost every problem people are having is user inflicted, ESPECIALLY LOW FPS (No offense Sdwakias) and here is a small list I'm touching up on from all the replies in this topic:

Lost game saves due to changing an OS = User fault (No offense Sdwakias) YES LOST GAME SAVES SUCK, AND IS AN ISSUE but TECH support IS NOT REQUIRED TO FIX IT as people claim. They should fix it if they want to keep their cutsomers happy, but are not REQUIRED TO FIX THAT ISSUE as it's not part of what you click I AGREE TO.

Multi-player = a bonus to what you purchase the license to play, the license only applies to single player nor does it apply to 100% completion either- Read the EULA, TOA, and TOS if you don't believe me. You'll be shocked to read what you're actually entitled to when purchasing a license for a digital product.

Soundtrack misprint issue = collectors item - Hold on to it and eventually sell it for big money

What Sdwakias said about Valve, is the exact reason why I have never gotten involved with Steam and I avoid any game tied to Steam whenever possible. They're way too abusive and have been Stealing for years and gotten away with it. and that is the reason 1/4 of the piracy happens with games and no one seems to grasp that concept about piracy.

Also really don't like Steam. I had an HDD that died, so I had to reinstall Windows 7 when I bought a new one (obviously). When I booted up Steam, it came up with the Steam Guard thing, but it didn't send the activation code to my email. So after about 100 attempts (over about 3 days) to login to the Steam client & get SteamGuard to send the stupid email, I got fed up and tried to login to the Steam site/forum, but it came up with fudging SteamGuard again (which blocked me from posting on the forums of course), telling me that it had sent the access code to my email address, which of course it hadn't. Soooooooooooo, I had to open up a ticket with Steam support. They did nothing for 9 working days (for which I couldn't access my paid-for content), and then a SteamGuard email just randomly showed up on the 10th day (even though I hadn't tried to login for over a week).

Steam is the reason I haven't bought quite a few games. I have a pretty deep hatred of them now.

Apaleftos_2
05-16-2014, 11:33 AM
For many posts you argue about steam and uplay and Question(something) said (some posts ago) that only steam users have problems... You're out of the subject, but I'll say this, I'm not a steam user and I have a ton of broblems with ACs. That's why I decided to never again buy ubi project.