PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know the name of the ship wrecked at Abaco Island?

Thayin2012
12-23-2013, 10:29 AM
To me, it looks like a Man 'o War, but the paint scheme reminds me of El Impoluto (the Legendary ship with the Ram). Also, does anyone remember the ship being there in the first mission after you get the Jackdaw? I don't.

DarktheMagister
12-23-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm guessing it's either something that got cut from the story....or something historical....because it definitely wasn't there the first time.

Emreincesu
12-23-2013, 03:02 PM
I'm not sure about its name but it is the galleon that you obtain at the end of sequence 3 for the defenses of Nassau.

LeVoyageur07
12-23-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm guessing it's either something that got cut from the story....or something historical....because it definitely wasn't there the first time.

That made looking for the treasure on the island confusing when I looked for it since the ship was not there, but treasure map showed the ship.
I still found the treasure by walking around. It is only when I went back later that the ship was there.

pirate1802
12-23-2013, 07:48 PM
-____- Its the ship you obtain at the end of sequence 4. The one you offed Du Casse on. Which is why it isn't there in the beginning of the game.

DarktheMagister
12-23-2013, 08:08 PM
-____- Its the ship you obtain at the end of sequence 4. The one you offed Du Casse on. Which is why it isn't there in the beginning of the game.

OH! So THAT'S where Blackbeard set the ship up to defend Nassau? He crashed it onto Abaco Island?

Man that Blackbeard....he just Loooooooves crashing ships.

f4iln00b
12-24-2013, 12:06 AM
Yeah it's julienne du casses galleon. It's called el arca del maestro.

Thayin2012
12-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Well, it certainly didn't do its' job of protecting Nassau (The British Blockade). I have a suspicion that it may be because it has neither cannons nor people on board.

gwame
03-04-2014, 07:14 PM
Well, it certainly didn't do its' job of protecting Nassau (The British Blockade). I have a suspicion that it may be because it has neither cannons nor people on board.

Just outside the ship there was a fire, bottles of rum, a hammock, and one dead pirate. They must've shipwrecked and died there.

jeffies04
03-04-2014, 07:25 PM
I didn't make that connection my first playthrough, lol. Then it punched me in the face... that's what the whole thing was about!

Farlander1991
03-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Oh, so it was in fact Du Casse's ship... I kinda thought that it might, but wasn't sure, the placement always confused me, for several reasons: first, because I always expected to see it on Nassau, two, because Vain says in the Fireship mission cutscene "As I was telling, a squad of lobsters has commandeered our galleon. We're going to have to clear it out before we use them cannons to break the blockade." (I always figured that maybe the ship was cut)

So you kind of expect Du Casse's galleon to be somewhere in Nassau for the British to commandeer it, but even when it's on Abaco, there's no goal related to clearing it out from the British in the mission (I mean, you'd expect them to man the cannons there or something).

Though to be honest, while I'm generally speaking very positive about AC4 level design, the design of the Fireship mission was always weird to me, because it happens OUTSIDE of the Nassau area (and, ergo, outside the blockade which we see from INSIDE Nassau, which is why I thought that Du Casse's ship was cut from Nassau, like, we were supposed to go on the ship, clear it, and use the cannons to help the fireship, or something) where there are barely no places to actually set up a proper blockade. We kind of escape between Abaco and an unnamed island, which makes no sense geographically when we could just go, you know... south, into the open waters, or north east.

EDIT: PS. Also, I don't remember ever looking at the flag of that ship, but I remember one time thinking that maybe the galleon that Commodore is on was Du Casse's ship captured by brits (which he wanted to use to destroy all pirate ships since it was already prepared to do massive damage)

jeffies04
03-05-2014, 12:18 AM
I noticed all of those things too, Farlander... and I believe this is weird because of the technical constraints of how the cities are "miniworlds" and not part of the "giant world" you sail around in. If you look close enough, you can see that what you see looking out from Nassau is only a recreation of the surrounding "giant world". Probably some sort of diorama method like they use when making skies (a "skybox").

It also seems like there was supposed to be another mission, where you do go clear the galleon. After Vane said that I was like "ooh a sneak and stab mission" but it never came :(

gwame
03-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Just like how they removed the mission where you were meant to fight an unbeatable battle against El Tiburon early in the game...

DVERKLAND
06-07-2014, 09:59 PM
Yeah you see, Blackbeard never was interested in the ship itself. He was only interested in the cannons so it's like he said in one of the cut scenes. We'll steal all the cannons and place them all on one single side of a ship wich is maestros cannons but what did he do with the ship? He didn't want to risk the british to steal the ship or anyone else to get their hands on it during the blockade of Nassau because of it's size and armor... So he only took the cannons to one of his own ships and then stranded Maestro on Abaco island so that she can't be moved by anyone. His not a fool that's for sure! :) i was confused about this too but when i searched for the maestro ship on the AC website it was confirmed that this is what he did.

LEVI_BigGG231
04-21-2018, 05:12 PM
The ship name is the El Arca del Maestro, it was taken in the end of sequence 3 I believe to help secure Nassau in a mission titled A Single Madman. It was given as a gift to Julien death Casse near the end of his career. Gotta read that database guys lol.