PDA

View Full Version : Combat System. For devs.

KvantuM_RU
12-23-2013, 08:31 AM
1) I don't understand why you have to slash enemys boddys against breaking there guard. Combat looks more smoothy in first AC then in AC4. Can you remember how it looks like in first AC? Every hit you doing to your enemy breaking his guard and then finnaly slash for killing him. And what we got now? We can slash again and again poor guards... then we get hitted and starting to chop them into the cabbage again... and again. Looks pretty weird. Alot of blood and no wounds.

2) Why in AC4 has been removed arsenal? We can buy only swords with same combos and different stats against maces, axes e.t.c

3) Why we can't throw axes anymore? It were the most interesting part of heavy weapon.

4) The most weak part of the combos it's unlimited counterattacks. When you can solo chop throw 100 guards... it's not even weird... just silly :nonchalance:

I like this game... but combat system need to be reworked

medavroog
12-23-2013, 06:37 PM

I agree with you, Tovarishch Goblin, but as of current ... I rather have the dev team work on the "bugs of the game" than on the "combat-n-weapon".

Frag_Maniac
12-23-2013, 11:56 PM
What's "AS", Assassin's Scream? LOL

medavroog
12-24-2013, 01:21 PM

It was meant to be "AC" ... the letter "C" in Cyrillic Alphabet is the "S" in the Latin Alphabet ... it is a common transcript-typo between Cyrillic Alphabet and Latin Alphabet.

KvantuM_RU
12-24-2013, 06:32 PM

That's all that you've got about Combat system? =)

Frag_Maniac
12-24-2013, 11:41 PM
It was meant to be "AC" ... the letter "C" in Cyrillic Alphabet is the "S" in the Latin Alphabet ... it is a common transcript-typo between Cyrillic Alphabet and Latin Alphabet.

In case you haven't noticed, this is an ENGLISH speaking forum, and if he can't even use the proper acronym for such a simple thing as the game title, which is pasted all over the net by now, he has no business schooling anyone on what he thinks is good combat. Bottom line, his use of English is what needs to be "reworked".

That's all that you've got about Combat system? =)

Read the above, though good luck translating it. LOL

KvantuM_RU
12-25-2013, 07:18 AM
In case you haven't noticed, this is an ENGLISH speaking forum, and if he can't even use the proper acronym for such a simple thing as the game title, which is pasted all over the net by now, he has no business schooling anyone on what he thinks is good combat. Bottom line, his use of English is what needs to be "reworked".

Read the above, though good luck translating it. LOL
1) Your 1st post with trivial joke indicates that you have no problems with understanding
2) If English is not my native, I do not have rights to express my opinion on the forum wich was created for this purpose?
3) Instead of a constructive response you are keep trying to insult me. Maybe I do not know much English, but unlike you I know how to communicate with people. That has to be "reworked", so it's your manners.
4) All that until now you just wrote demagoguery, but you said nothing about the combat system
5)You took the time this topic just to offend people. How cute.

Frag_Maniac
12-25-2013, 07:23 AM
1) Your 1st post with trivial joke indicates that you have no problems with understanding
2) If English is not my native, I do not have rights to express my opinion on the forum wich was created for this purpose?
3) Instead of a constructive response you are keep trying to insult me. Maybe I do not know much English, but unlike you I know how to communicate with people. That has to be "reworked", so it's your manners.
4) All that until now you just wrote demagoguery, but you said nothing about the combat system
5)You took the time this topic just to offend people. How cute.

I like how you try and write a clever outline about my disrespect when you can't even be bothered to learn the slightest of simple English before trash talking a pretty decent game on an ENGLISH speaking forum.

It's not about rights, its about respect. There's far too many people taking civil liberties already without having earned them.

KvantuM_RU
12-25-2013, 08:06 AM
I like how you try and write a clever outline about my disrespect when you can't even be bothered to learn the slightest of simple English before trash talking a pretty decent game on an ENGLISH speaking forum.

It's not about rights, its about respect. There's far too many people taking civil liberties already without having earned them.

And again you are keep doing the same. I don't see any reason encourage you to my attention anymore. Sorry boy and don't forget about manners.

KvantuM_RU
12-25-2013, 08:13 AM
1) I don't understand why you have to slash enemys boddys against breaking there guard. Combat looks more smoothy in first AC then in AC4. Can you remember how it looks like in first AC? Every hit you doing to your enemy breaking his guard and then finnaly slash for killing him. And what we got now? We can slash again and again poor guards... then we get hitted and starting to chop them into the cabbage again... and again. Looks pretty weird. Alot of blood and no wounds.

2) Why in AC4 has been removed arsenal? We can buy only swords with same combos and different stats against maces, axes e.t.c

3) Why we can't throw axes anymore? It were the most interesting part of heavy weapon.

4) The most weak part of the combos it's unlimited counterattacks. When you can solo chop throw 100 guards... it's not even weird... just silly :nonchalance:

Also in ac3 multikills looks more smoothly then in ac4. Here's a comparison
ac4

http://youtu.be/UbF1-uE_8EY

KvantuM_RU
12-25-2013, 08:14 AM
ac3

http://youtu.be/JKBVv2zFVJA

Frag_Maniac
12-25-2013, 12:07 PM
And again you are keep doing the same. I don't see any reason encourage you to my attention anymore. Sorry boy and don't forget about manners.

How old are you son? I'm willing to bet I'm at least a generation or more older than you. And again, this has nothing to do with what was said, but how it was presented.

Ierr
12-25-2013, 01:15 PM
I think AC3 combat system was a step in right direction. AC1 combat was easy and boring: although it gave the feeling of being the real master of killing, it was too simply. Counter-kill, counter-kill, and so on. AC4 messed that feeling a bit - slashing again and again the same enemy is not that fun after a few hours of playing. That's why I like pistols and smoke bombs so much, they help to dispatch enemies quickly :)

Oh, 2Frag_Maniac

Please, show some respect to forum rules:

These forums are for the discussion of Ubisoft games, including advice, feedback and general gameplay talk. We ask that all posts are civil, respectful and constructive this ensures all visitors can enjoy and benefit from these forums, plus we can more easily collect feedback (be it positive or negative) to pass on to Ubisoft game developers.

No Flaming
This includes any kind of personal insult, flame or intimidation. Responding in kind to a flame message is viewed as equally unacceptable, regardless of who started it. If you believe you are being insulted or otherwise flamed by another poster, please PM a forum moderator or admin rather than responding. This applies to both written text and image posting.

Stay on topic
Please make sure your post is going in the correct forum. We have specific forums for each game, some of them with their own Off Topic area or Community Help section. Threads that are off topic, or become so, may be moved or locked.

Here is link if you want to reread them: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/663801-Forum-Rules?

And if you REALLY have to go "grammar nazi mode", you can always do it via private messages. I think people appreciate your efforts if you correct them in kind and polite way (I'd personally thank you if you corrected my mistakes and taught me how to avoid them in the future.).

As for now, you just ruin interesting topic with worthless assaults against a man who tries his best with non-native language.

Please, just don't.

KvantuM_RU
12-25-2013, 02:07 PM
I think AC3 combat system was a step in right direction. AC1 combat was easy and boring: although it gave the feeling of being the real master of killing, it was too simply. Counter-kill, counter-kill, and so on. AC4 messed that feeling a bit - slashing again and again the same enemy is not that fun after a few hours of playing. That's why I like pistols and smoke bombs so much, they help to dispatch enemies quickly :)

I didn't mean "AC1 combat system" better then each subsequent game. Just how it look likes. Every hit you are doing.. meet your blades, and the final blow to the body occurs.

strigoi1958
12-25-2013, 02:13 PM
it is probably too late for ac4 but maybe in ac5 ? :D To be honest there are aspects of different ac games I like and other bits I absolutely love but in order to incorporate new things as the series progresses I understand something must changes. But I figure that I still get a good deal because of the sea battles and diving, hacking pc's, blowpipes etc... I miss some things like you do but then that gives me a reason to go back and play ac3 and acr :D

OldVG
12-25-2013, 03:03 PM
I have noticed that Edward can't perform combo kill with a tool (such as pistol or rope dart) on board a ship. Why he can not?

1)Combat looks more smoothy in first AC then in AC4. Can you remember how it looks like in first AC?
For me the smoothest combat is in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and most variety of enemies is in Assassin's Creed: Revelation.

And sorry for my English.

medavroog
12-25-2013, 07:34 PM

I am well aware this forum is mostly English-based, and I am positive "Goblin" here also is aware of this ... such is why Goblin and I both wrote in English and not our mother tongues. Just because "Goblin" made a minor typo in the acronym, you need to make such a rude remark ... does that mean, you yourself will not make the same mistake in other tongues that are not your native language? Shall "Goblin" needs to re-work his English, you need to "re-work" your Russian then.

SpectreGarrusN7
12-26-2013, 12:54 AM
Definitely less variety in combat in Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag, this disappointed me a little because the focused seemed more on Naval Combat :( not that I didn't enjoy them.

But compared to previous games, particular those with Ezio as the protagonist.
AC4: Black Flag just lacked in combat for me.

Still a great game though. :)
Still hoping that there will be a climax to the story in future games but will be excited to see what they do next.

Frag_Maniac
12-26-2013, 04:13 AM
I am well aware this forum is mostly English-based, and I am positive "Goblin" here also is aware of this ... such is why Goblin and I both wrote in English and not our mother tongues. Just because "Goblin" made a minor typo in the acronym, you need to make such a rude remark ... does that mean, you yourself will not make the same mistake in other tongues that are not your native language? Shall "Goblin" needs to re-work his English, you need to "re-work" your Russian then.

Actually my first post was more humor than rudeness, and if he and the rest of you had treated it that way instead of getting passive aggressive on me, it probably wouldn't have even escalated in the first place.

I happen to agree that Connor's animations are more fleshed out and smooth, and less repetitive, and if I had to guess why they streamlined it so much, it's perhaps because during ship boarding testing, the Connor animations glitched and twitched even more than the ones they ended up using.

I just feel that with a game this rich in content, features, graphics etc, it's not a deal breaker by any means.

KvantuM_RU
12-26-2013, 06:40 AM
Definitely less variety in combat in Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag, this disappointed me a little because the focused seemed more on Naval Combat :( not that I didn't enjoy them.

But compared to previous games, particular those with Ezio as the protagonist.
AC4: Black Flag just lacked in combat for me.

Still a great game though. :)
Still hoping that there will be a climax to the story in future games but will be excited to see what they do next.

I was disappointed that shinbou give us so late in the story. I did not even have time to enjoy hanging. =(
I saw somewhere that they are going change the combat system and put more emphasis on stealth. By this I hope they will pay attention to this topic.

medavroog
12-26-2013, 08:49 PM
Actually my first post was more humor than rudeness,

More than one individual considered your remarks to be rude, and thus, you are in the very deed to be blamed.

and if he and the rest of you had treated it that way instead of getting passive aggressive on me, it probably wouldn't have even escalated in the first place.

Since more than one person viewed your words to be rude, even as insults, there were and are no misunderstandings in your intentions. We all understood what you conveyed, and thus, the so-called "passive aggressive" ... well, you brought it upon yourself.

MnemonicSyntax
12-26-2013, 09:42 PM
More than one individual considered your remarks to be rude, and thus, you are in the very deed to be blamed.

Since more than one person viewed your words to be rude, even as insults, there were and are no misunderstandings in your intentions. We all understood what you conveyed, and thus, the so-called "passive aggressive" ... well, you brought it upon yourself.

Just let it go mate. Damn. You're just making it worse.

KvantuM_RU
12-26-2013, 11:31 PM
Don't forget about main idea of this topic =)

Frag_Maniac
12-27-2013, 12:12 AM

Exactly my point, I started with humor, they egged me on, and I got gang raped for being the passive aggressive one. It doesn't work like that in real life. There's no imaginary referee that only sees the rebuttal like in a Sunday afternoon football game that's poorly officiated. You have to own up to your OWN transgressions when you commit them.

Black_Widow9
12-28-2013, 02:10 AM
That's about enough. Insulting others is not allowed and if there is a problem with someone posting you need to either report it or let us do our jobs. Everyone here does not use English as a first language and it was a small mistake not worthy of beratement at all.

Let's get back on Topic.

Frag_Maniac
12-28-2013, 02:34 AM
You're right, my bad. Despite having started as humor, I should not have escalated it to that degree whether I thought they were egging me on or not.

And for the record, as I said, I happen to agree that Connor's combat animations were far better, more fluid, and less repetitive. In fact the more I play the game the more I notice it, esp during boarding. Far too many times Edward just does simultaneous downward slashes with his swords, or keeps twirling. It doesn't look anything like skilled or realistic swordplay.

KvantuM_RU
12-28-2013, 08:12 AM
That's about enough. Insulting others is not allowed and if there is a problem with someone posting you need to either report it or let us do our jobs. Everyone here does not use English as a first language and it was a small mistake not worthy of beratement at all.

Let's get back on Topic.

My friend passing game, only on the last mission could make the first double counter. And were pretty surprised becouse already finised whole side-missions. interesting... Everyone who did not play in the third part got the same surprise for them? =)

OldVG
12-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Like I've said before, double combo kills doesn't work aboard a ship. Does anyone know why? To be precise, I tell about combo kill which perform by pressing W, A, S, D (or left stick on gamepad) + F (or Y on gamepad) while kill streak.