PDA

View Full Version : Really Bad Mistake by Ubisoft When Hacking a Computer *Spoilers*

AngryRaisin
12-23-2013, 03:51 AM
It's the one that is where a guy is reading a "Market Analysis" of Ezio for possible Character Development and through the whole thing the guy says ENzio not Ezio—about a dozen or more times. That's appalling!! I am usually pretty flexible about typos and minor mistakes but that one for me is just inexcusable.

Anyway, in that clip it is shown about the Chinese girl and I am now realizing that I have no idea who she is and where that storyline is. Was it DLC, a book or a movie? I don't understand how I've managed to miss even hearing of things like Embers and her.

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 03:53 AM
Pretty sure that was on purpose. He also mispronounced Altair's name and Connor's native name.

AngryRaisin
12-23-2013, 03:55 AM
On purpose? What would be the point?

AngryRaisin
12-23-2013, 03:56 AM
And Connor's name I can totally understand! LOL

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 03:56 AM
On purpose? What would be the point?

To show that this guy has no idea what the hell he was talking about. After all he's just a marketing guy IIRC.

It was a bit stupid that he said Enzio, even if he was purposely trying to say it wrong. I mean, there's no N. He should've mispronounced it EEzio.

guardian_titan
12-23-2013, 04:09 AM
It was intended for humor. Fans often mispronounce the various names in the series (Haymitch being a recent one). As for the guy voicing it, it's the same guy who voiced Ezio so he's well aware of how to say Ezio and Altair. He purposefully said them wrong. Connor's video was also a jab at the players who dislike him. Since you don't really see those videos without hacking the computers, they're just something fun for the fans to find and get a laugh out of. Wouldn't take them too seriously, really.

As for the Chinese chick, that's Shao Jun. She was in the movie Assassin's Creed Embers which went into Ezio's final months.

DarktheMagister
12-23-2013, 04:17 AM
Yeah it was totally on purpose Raisin. It even feels forced at some points.

AngryRaisin
12-23-2013, 04:28 AM
Yeah, I re-listened and then went on to find the Altair one and I get it now that he was being really snide and the joke is that he emphatically recommends against them as marketable characters. It isn't so obvious until you hear/watch the others. Oh well. Glad to know they didn't just f*ck up! LOL

imdreamin
12-23-2013, 04:31 AM
Also to give you proof that it was on purpose the guy talking about Altair Connor Ezio and so on is actually Roger Craig Smith the voice of Ezio Auditore which makes it even funnier if you listen to it. If you try you can clearly hear that that is Roger Craig Smith :D

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 04:32 AM
Rat-on-ta-tank-e-ton

Then again, in 3 no one said Connor's name correctly.

imdreamin
12-23-2013, 04:34 AM
Oh and btw there is also one more Roger Craig Smith cameo when you are tailing an Italian Diplomat, and he pretty much does the Ezio voice and talking about Florence its pretty cool :P

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 04:56 AM
Oh and btw there is also one more Roger Craig Smith cameo when you are tailing an Italian Diplomat, and he pretty much does the Ezio voice and talking about Florence its pretty cool :P

I noticed this. It made me really happy...

LoyalACFan
12-23-2013, 08:38 AM
The market analyses were blatantly making fun of people who whine about the series and have no idea what they're talking about. They were brilliant.

I've heard numerous people call him Enzio.

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 08:44 AM
The market analyses were blatantly making fun of people who whine about the series and have no idea what they're talking about. They were brilliant.

I've heard numerous people call him Enzio.

While I agree, I never heard anybody call him Enzio. They pronounce his name countless times in the game, and even if they didn't, I imagine that someone unfamiliar with europeans would say something like Eezio.

LoyalACFan
12-23-2013, 09:02 AM
While I agree, I never heard anybody call him Enzio. They pronounce his name countless times in the game, and even if they didn't, I imagine that someone unfamiliar with europeans would say something like Eezio.

People even type it that way. I've even seen "Alltare" a couple of times, though that's rarer. Ratonhnhake:ton is actually the one that's screwed up the least, probably just because the clueless ones don't even remember that name and call him Connor... usually spelt "Conner."

I have no idea why, it's like they played through the games and skipped all the cutscenes because "HURR DURR story boring, me wanna stab stuff."

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 09:16 AM
People even type it that way. I've even seen "Alltare" a couple of times, though that's rarer. Ratonhnhake:ton is actually the one that's screwed up the least, probably just because the clueless ones don't even remember that name and call him Connor... usually spelt "Conner."

I have no idea why, it's like they played through the games and skipped all the cutscenes because "HURR DURR story boring, me wanna stab stuff."

Isn't Connor's name pronounced something like Ratoon-ha-kay-ton?

I hope people don't just skip the cutscenes. That would be sad.

LoyalACFan
12-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Isn't Connor's name pronounced something like Ratoon-ha-kay-ton?

More or less. Honestly, it's hard to tell, because Noah Watts pronounces it like two or three different ways in the game, the most bizarre being "Ra-dawn-HONG-ay-dun" when he introduces himself to one of his recruits (I think the Irish preacher dude). I liked Noah's performance overall, but he did totally butcher the name. Probably for the best that he went by Connor for most of the game.

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 09:38 AM
More or less. Honestly, it's hard to tell, because Noah Watts pronounces it like two or three different ways in the game, the most bizarre being "Ra-dawn-HONG-ay-dun" when he introduces himself to one of his recruits (I think the Irish preacher dude). I liked Noah's performance overall, but he did totally butcher the name. Probably for the best that he went by Connor for most of the game.

Yeahh... I don't even remember specific instances like that. AC3 was just so sparse in all categories.

DarktheMagister
12-23-2013, 11:36 AM
The introduction to the recruits is the thing I ALWAYS miss. I always end up doing the missions first like an idiot and then go "AW MAN I FORGOT AGAIN!!!"

DisbandedBox359
12-23-2013, 07:05 PM
How does everyone not get this is a joke, I mean its Roger Craig Smith voicing it haha, Altairs and Connors were mispronounced as well.

Also liked the one at the end of Connor's video saying he might be too foreign for the masses haha