PDA

View Full Version : Havana's changed quite a bit since AC4's initial reveal

ACfan443
12-23-2013, 02:01 AM
I can't tell if it's just an awkward camera angle, but it appears half the city to the left is missing and that there have been some big structural modifications. Not to mention the massive improvement in textures and lighting. Seeing the difference is remarkable.

http://i.imgur.com/0og1qc0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2VGdfop.jpg

Watching the gameplay premiere trailer itself is very interesting, barring some subtle changes to the ship's trajectory and underwater exploration, the rest of the featured content seems largely similar to the final product.

http://youtu.be/9gNCqSebPBY

If you spot any other changes, do mention them.

Shahkulu101
12-23-2013, 02:09 AM
"A pirate trained by Assassin's"

Ha! That was said a number of times in trailers - it's so far from the truth. The actual description is perhaps to convoluted: "A pirate trained by Templars kinda after posing as a turncoat Assassin."

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 02:12 AM
"A pirate trained by Assassin's"

Ha! That was said a number of times in trailers - it's so far from the truth. The actual description is perhaps to convoluted: "A pirate trained by Templars kinda after posing as a turncoat Assassin."

More like "He had the skills of an Assassin from the start. Watch him become a pirate captain and then an actual Assassin with little to no extra training!"

Shahkulu101
12-23-2013, 02:17 AM
More like "He had the skills of an Assassin from the start. Watch him become a pirate captain and then an actual Assassin with little to no extra training!"

Meh, I don't really care about that. He could climb because he was a sailor, and could fight because he was a privateer then a Pirate. It's not like ONLY Assassin's can do all those things.

DarktheMagister
12-23-2013, 02:19 AM
I think its just camera angle.

ACfan443
12-23-2013, 02:38 AM
I think its just camera angle.

I'd grab an in game shot, but that would require booting it up and I'm far too lazy. Instead, I stole a (blurry) shot from a youtube video
http://i.imgur.com/9KROnK6.jpg
It appears that there are a greater number of buildings next to the cathedral compared to the trailer shot. I'm still unsure as to whether this is down to camera angle.

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 03:33 AM
Meh, I don't really care about that. He could climb because he was a sailor, and could fight because he was a privateer then a Pirate. It's not like ONLY Assassin's can do all those things.

He killed Duncan no problem...

You get my jist.,

Also, sorry, but I don't really understand the point of this thread in general.

Fatal-Feit
12-23-2013, 05:20 AM
He killed Duncan no problem...

You get my jist.,

Also, sorry, but I don't really understand the point of this thread in general.

To be fair, Duncan was wounded.

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 05:42 AM
To be fair, Duncan was wounded.

He was able to parkour and do leaps of faith just fine.

Wolfmeister1010
12-23-2013, 06:02 AM
Is weird. In the gameplay reveal trailer, the jungles look denser and richer than any In the final game, and havana seems to looks better in the trailer, and even the water looks slightly better. But, kingston looks a lot worse than the final game version. The rain in the trailer looks much worse than the rain in the final product, and the smoke from the pistols is much less detailed. This trailer was obviously in next gen.

I also really really wish that we could have had front facing normal cannons like in the trailer. And rear facing ones.

It seems like some things dropped in quality and others rose. Personally, I was disappointed in the jungles, as many of them were quite linear and not as lush as they were shown to be. I also notice that some of the combat animations from the trailer are not in the final game.

If this rumor about two assassins creeds in 2014 is true, then, although, I really do not like the idea of TWO, we have the chance to finally see TRUE next gen AC

pirate1802
12-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Yeah, Havana looked weird in that trailer. Ingame it looks like poetry. Also the position of the cathedral looks off.