PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of people complaining

Questions2ask
12-23-2013, 01:38 AM
Every single one of you annoying little gnats need to take your complaints and stuff it.

First of all if you bought your game through Steam then QUIT COMPLAINING ON THIS FORUM ABOUT YOUR DAMN GAME PROBLEMS. You bought your game on Steam then your complaints don't belong here so go complain to Steam and quit taking up Space. Steam is responsible for taking care of problems with things purchased on Steam.

Secondly, You purchased a game to play it, and guess what, LOGGING INTO THE UBISOFT SERVERS DOES NOT MATTER.

The only people who have a legitimate complaint are those who have purchased it WITHOUT STEAM and cannot even play it at all.

All of the crap people are spewing forth about PhysX, the game lagging, erased game saves, lost progress, no achievements, and the list goes on...NONE OF THOSE ARE LEGITIMATE COMPLAINTS because you agreed to be able to play the game, all the extra things do not fall under that category and what you click I AGREE TO explains all this, however none of you bothered to read any of that and think you're entitled to things you're not entitled for or entitled to.

An example of this, you paid for the game, nowhere does it say that part of that payment gives you outfits and other such **** you're all complaining about.

Now does it suck that you cannot use the additional features, and is it irritating, to have graphical problems and other crap, YES, but guess what, it's not a legitimate complaint..It simply isn't, again read what you click I agree to because it explains it all in there. People think because it's in the game that they're entitled to it and that's completely untrue

This topic may rub people the wrong way but your feelings aren't relevant to the facts. I am simply pointing out the very harsh reality of how things really are compared to the way people want them to be.

Of course people will actually try and argue against this however arguing doesn't matter because If you didn't read what you clicked I agree to very thoroughly, then it's your own fault and have no one to blame but yourself because YOU AGREED TO What you're trying to complain about.

Literally everything everyone is complaining about UBISOFT isn't entitled to deliver to you.....They delivered the game itself which is what was delivered. Additional things and rewards do not fall under this category.

Anykeyer
12-23-2013, 06:41 AM
Moron

seville57
12-23-2013, 09:36 AM
If something is wrong you have the right to complain.

Guess what, there is something wrong with this game.

Bugs, bugs, bugs.

ReaperSaga
12-23-2013, 09:53 AM
So basically if you buy a f!cking 60 bucks toaster from the shop and it doesn't work at all, you'll just have to deal with it?

alex009988
12-23-2013, 09:53 AM
Steam is only seller, but the developer is Ubisoft, And only they can make an improvement if the game has something wrong. Often suggestions from users can be useful.

Iorveth1271
12-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Lol. Steam is now the developer of the game and thus responsible for technical issues and advise, eh? That's a new one lol.

And once you purchase a product, you are entitled to have this product function to the best of its ability. As aforementioned, a toaster that, no matter how long you tell it to toast, burns your toast every time may be a toasting toaster, but it is in no way functioning in an acceptable manner and thus complaining is and very well should be more than allowed and expected.

ACIV has tons of bugs, some of them preventing customers from playing the game proper, be it due to patches that broke an executable file needed to start the game or issues that break a mission, preventing you from going further into the story. Those are issues that any customer has every right to complain about and sure, you may not be "entitled" (this word gets used way too often these days in arguments like this) to Ubisoft fixing every little bug their games have, but if they stopped fixing anything from now on because, as you put it, the game works as was intended for purchase, then they would right soon start losing customers.

It's not just entitlement, it's common sense.

alex009988
12-23-2013, 11:41 AM
Lol. Steam is now the developer of the game and thus responsible for technical issues and advise, eh? That's a new one lol.

I've never used steam though, but I can't believe it that we can designate steam as a developer.
the same we can say about Origin. Or PunkBuster for example, but they are, of course, intermediatery developers.
But Ubisoft is the main developer. So some bugs, for instances non-opening treasure box on one island, can most likely be fixed by Ubisoft.
I don't think that steam has full sources of this game.
But if you have steam account, with no doubt, you should ask them first for any help.

Razrback16
12-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Moron

Yeah, you know I think your response captured my feelings on the original post in one-word. :) I actually read through his post and tried to be fair and look at it from several angles and it still doesn't make any sense, so I'd have to say yes....he's not a very intelligent poster.

Questions2ask
12-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Everyone trying to twist around what I said about Steam, clearly has absolutely no idea how things work.

I'll put this into perspective for people:
First and foremost, if you're going to say Steam isn't responsible for problems with games purchased on Steam because it's not their game, then that means Steam has no right or authority to shut down anyone's account when it comes to games Valve doesn't own either after all it's not their game.

Secondly, in the regard about the game and Steam, There is a whole section in what you click I agree to about 3rd party applications. What people fail to grasp is that Steam is a 3rd party application thus all agreements, rules and regulations about 3rd party apps, also applies to Steam. Steam selling something doesn't make them exempt from that part of the Agreement. So I'll sum it up, when a third party app is involved, any issues that may arise with said product, are not the responsibility of the developer.

You guys simple have no idea what you're clicking I agree to when click I AGREE.

It's all in what you click I AGREE to, so your all not arguing with me, you're just ignorant of how things work which goes against your logic which doesn't matter because you agreed to it.

So in closing anyone who purchased the game on Steam, has to take their complaints up with Steam, and what you click I agree to explains all this.

Syr.Jake
12-23-2013, 03:08 PM
Anyone who has issues with a game they purchased can, and should, voice complaints and issues that they are having. It is how the game developer gets feedback from the users.

Some of the outfits ARE part of what people purchased if they purchased one of the higher releases that include the outfits, like the Gold Edition, Black Chest, etc. So your argument there is invalid.

Steam is a reseller. Not the developer of the game. Saying that people are not allowed to complain about the game because they purchased it through Steam is like saying they cannot complain because they purchased the game through GameStop, or WalMart, or any other location other than the Ubisoft store. Again, an invalid argument from you.

By your reasoning, the only people who are allowed to complain are those who cannot even load the game. Which is again and invalid argument.

How else is the game developer supposed to know about issues that the users are having so that they can 1) work to try correct it and 2) try to prevent it from happening in future releases?

If you do no like reading complaints, avoid those threads, or stay off the forums completely. You will be much happier for it.

Loucmachine.Joe
12-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Ok so if we have a problem we need to ask steam to ask ubisoft to do something with it ? but anyway we are not ''entitled'' to have fix to obvious game breaking issues ?

.........No you are just ridiculous, I understand some people goes too far with suing and sh!t, but its common sense to make a good product and help costumers that have issue with it... its called after sale service and its as important as the purchase itself.... companies are not ''entitled'' to give a good costumer service, but they better do because thats what makes costumers ''stay''.

I must click on ''I AGREE'' on the ''Moron'' post above.

Questions2ask
12-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Anyone who has issues with a game they purchased can, and should, voice complaints and issues that they are having. It is how the game developer gets feedback from the users.

Some of the outfits ARE part of what people purchased if they purchased one of the higher releases that include the outfits, like the Gold Edition, Black Chest, etc. So your argument there is invalid.
Clearly you're not aware that you NEVER buy a game, you don't own the game either, what you're $60 or $60+ actually goes to is the license RIGHT to use said product, and the TOS, EULA, and TOA state they can revoke that at any time with or without cause AND they don't even have to deliver ANYTHING to anyone.

It's all right in the TOS. EULA, and TOA that you click I agree to, why don't you try reading it before you spew fourth your diarrhea.

Steam is a reseller. Not the developer of the game. Saying that people are not allowed to complain about the game because they purchased it through Steam is like saying they cannot complain because they purchased the game through GameStop, or WalMart, or any other location other than the Ubisoft store. Again, an invalid argument from you.
I didn't say people can't complain I said people's complaints are INVALID, because you're trying to apply logic and what SHOULD be the way things work to a situation that it doesn't apply to, and this is why your logic is invalid, because it doesn't work like that. If you bothered to read what you clicked I agree to you would understand this. (Now read this very very carefully) WHAT YOU CLICK I AGREE TO EXPLAINS EVERYTHING I STATED so it doesn't matter what you THINK is wrong or correct or how you THINK THINGS WORK. What's written that you click I AGREE TO is what matters.

In short, not reading what you click I agree to is clearly why you and others THINK the way you do. What's written and what you click I agree to override what you think and the way things SHOULD work.

By your reasoning, the only people who are allowed to complain are those who cannot even load the game. Which is again and invalid argument.
That's not even close to what i said at all. I said the only people who have a LEGITIMATE COMPLAINT are the ones who cannot even launch/play the game. You should learn how to read.

How else is the game developer supposed to know about issues that the users are having so that they can 1) work to try correct it and 2) try to prevent it from happening in future releases?

If you do no like reading complaints, avoid those threads, or stay off the forums completely. You will be much happier for it.
I never said to people not to complain, I said what people are complaining about is not relevant and the TOS, EULA, and TOA something you clearly didn't read and or understand. Some of the people complaining are actually using unauthorized 3rd party apps and complaining about their game.

There is a level of complaining when something is legitimately wrong, and the crap people are spewing forth on this and other forums, 3/4 of the complaints on this and other forums are coming from whiny little brats who don't understand how the laws work and how the TOS, EULA, and TOA all work and think they're entitled to things they actually aren't, then literally try to argue points they know nothing about.

There is a general TOS, EULA, and TOA, for products (This doesn't include the finite details companies tweak towards their own specification) and you will find that everything you said is incorrect just in the general TOS, EULA, and TOA never mind the final ones the companies release.

It's all in the there go read before continuing to talk about what you obviously don't know.

Questions2ask
12-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Here is a prime example of something I very clearly stated about Steam users that everyone tried telling me I was wrong on.

If you go to the UBISOFT GAME LAUNCHER DIRECTORY on your computer: (Mine was located in)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\Support\Readme\English

You will find a little section called return Policy
Which this was copied and pasted from NOTE: Read what I have in Bold WHO YOU HAVE TO GO TO if you're having a problem with a Copy Purchased from Steam:

Return Policy

Please do not send any game returns directly to Ubisoft before
contacting Technical Support. It is our policy that game returns must be dealt
with by the retailer or online site where you purchased the product. If you have
a damaged or scratched game disk, please visit the FAQ listing for your game
and get the latest replacement policy and pricing. We will not accept
unsolicited returns/exchanges without prior approval and an RMA
(Return Materials Authorization) number from a support representative.

This is one of the things you clicked I agree to. So yes all Steam users having problems need to take their complaints to Steam and it's not relevant if UBISOFT is the developer.

I suggest everyone who don't know how this stuff works better start reading up before talking because this isn't the only thing people are wrong on.

Loucmachine.Joe
12-23-2013, 04:28 PM
LOL
This is ''RETURN POLICY''

''It is our policy that game returns must be dealt with by the retailer or online site where you purchased the product.''

They talk about when you need a refund...
not ''IF YOU'RE HAVING PROBLEMS '' in general

Genius

medavroog
12-23-2013, 04:33 PM
The only people who have a legitimate complaint are those who have purchased it WITHOUT STEAM and cannot even play it at all.

Well, like I have responded to your video before: I am NOT on STEAM, AND ... I am in the legitimate complaint group of people. Thus, please stop your comments; thank you.

Questions2ask
12-23-2013, 04:39 PM
LOL
This is ''RETURN POLICY''

''It is our policy that game returns must be dealt with by the retailer or online site where you purchased the product.''

They talk about when you need a refund...
not ''IF YOU'RE HAVING PROBLEMS '' in general

Genius
Great, yet another meatnut who doesn't read the EULA, TOS, TOA, doesn't understand how things work and are connected, and thinks they know what they're talking about.
Hey Genius Return policy doesn't just apply to game returns, (Once again if you bothered to read the TOA, TOS, and EULA you would know that things not working also fall under this category as well.

Try reading the EULA Instead of continuing to be an egghead, better yet Hows this

Go call UBISOFT and tell them you're having a problem with the game and you purchased it through Steam and listen real close to what they tell you.

Questions2ask
12-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Well, like I have responded to your video before: I am NOT on STEAM, AND ... I am in the legitimate complaint group of people. Thus, please stop your comments; thank you.
1. Can you launch the game?
2. Can you play it?

What you clicked I agree to makes those the only 2 complaints you can have that are valid and even that's pushing it. Anything else sure you can complain but it's not valid.

Loucmachine.Joe
12-23-2013, 04:45 PM
Great, yet another meatnut who doesn't read the EULA, TOS, TOA, doesn't understand how things work and are connected, and thinks they know what they're talking about.
Hey Genius Return policy doesn't just apply to game returns, (Once again if you bothered to read the TOA, TOS, and EULA you would know that things not working also fall under this category as well.

Try reading the EULA Instead of continuing to be an egghead, better yet Hows this

Go call UBISOFT and tell them you're having a problem with the game and you purchased it through Steam and listen real close to what they tell you.

YOU dont understand EULA, TOS and TOA.
If you contact steam for a software related issue they send you to ubisoft support... and when you contact ubisoft support for software related issue that is not cause by steam they dont care if you buy it on steam, they help you fix your problem.... and its normal cuz steam is not the game dev and cant patch a game nor they have knowledge to help software related issues.... the same as gamestop or wal-mart...

medavroog
12-23-2013, 04:47 PM
1. Can you launch the game?

No, I cannot launch it. Shall you have marked my words, I said I am in the legitmate complaint group of people ... or are you one of those who respond people without even read clearly what their words are?

2. Can you play it?

Shall I unable to launch it ... how am I to play it? Huh?

What you clicked I agree to makes those the only 2 complaints you can have that are valid and even that's pushing it. Anything else sure you can complain but it's not valid.

Do you even know what my complain is ... before you wrote these words? ... seriously.

Mr_Shade
12-23-2013, 04:51 PM
locking at OP request.