PDA

View Full Version : Very important issue that needs to be addressed in future games

Assassin_M
12-22-2013, 11:58 PM
The shoe sound....when the shoes makes contact with a surface....whether or not it has a heel...it sounds the friggin same since AC I..even Ezio's boots which should'v had a clicking sound...a strong clicking sound...*click* *click*

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 12:01 AM
I don't know about you, but I really like the sound of Edward's feet hitting the roof tiles in Havana.

Don't know how much that relates to what you're talking about.

Shahkulu101
12-23-2013, 12:02 AM

Perhaps what people define as very important differs even more greatly than I once understood.

DarktheMagister
12-23-2013, 12:02 AM
i don't know about you, but i really like the sound of edward's feet hitting the roof tiles in havana.

yes! This!

Assassin_M
12-23-2013, 12:05 AM
I don't know about you, but I really like the sound of Edward's feet hitting the roof tiles in Havana.

That's also been the same sound since AC I. it needs to be different depending on the size of the heel. Altair's and Connor's had no heels, so the sound made sense. it was just ridiculous with Ezio and Edward...heck, even when they're bare foot...it sounds the friggin same

it does relate...sort of

DinoSteve1
12-23-2013, 12:08 AM
I dont often agree withAssassin_M but yes, I also think the climbing sounds and animations need addressing.

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 12:09 AM
That's also been the same sound since AC I. it needs to be different depending on the size of the heel. Altair's and Connor's had no heels, so the sound made sense. it was just ridiculous with Ezio and Edward...heck, even when they're bare foot...it sounds the friggin same

it does relate...sort of

The barefoot part is silly, I admit. I noticed that.

Shahkulu101
12-23-2013, 12:11 AM
Fix the fact that when you gradually walk in to water there is a big splash sound effect as if you've dived in once you're in deep enough. Silly silly, Ubisoft.

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 12:13 AM
Fix the fact that when you gradually walk in to water there is a big splash sound effect as if you've dived in once you're in deep enough. Silly silly, Ubisoft.

Yeah. It sounds like you were running even if you were walking.

ACfan443
12-23-2013, 12:27 AM
Really depends on the type of ground you're walking on, the surface in AC4 is primarily earthy and grassy so the sound makes sense regardless of whether the shoe has a heel or not, even the slightly more urban Havana has very few paved areas, the clicking sound is prominent when running on rooftops though. I agree with the barefoot part, that's purely down to laziness.

The sound itself is something that's irked me since AC3, and that's because of the reason mentioned by yourself - it's old. I wish they'd just change it.

adventurewomen
12-23-2013, 12:32 AM
I noticed with Connor's prison uniform he's barefoot and when running on ground it sounds like he's wearing his boots when he's not he's barefoot.

The same thing happened with Edward's basic clothing he was barefoot but it still sounded like he was wearing his boots.

It's a small issue of sound fx that needs to be addressed for the future.

Consus_E
12-23-2013, 12:46 AM
Do you see what happens when you don't give us news Ubi! Do you see what we are reduced to discussing!

AdamPearce
12-23-2013, 12:48 AM
Nice troll.

I-Like-Pie45
12-23-2013, 12:54 AM
I noticed with Connor's prison uniform he's barefoot and when running on ground it sounds like he's wearing his boots when he's not he's barefoot.

The same thing happened with Edward's basic clothing he was barefoot but it still sounded like he was wearing his boots.

It's a small issue of sound fx that needs to be addressed for the future.
how would you know what feet sound like when running, huh?

Consus_E
12-23-2013, 12:56 AM
In all seriousness, I think this is an important issue and the only thing standing between AC and being GOTY... That and the core mechanics could use some work... Also difficulty would be nice... And a good setting...

adventurewomen
12-23-2013, 01:15 AM
how would you know what feet sound like when running, huh?
I have run barefoot countless of times.

I-Like-Pie45
12-23-2013, 01:31 AM
I have run barefoot countless of times.

You a convict or somethin'?

DinoSteve1
12-23-2013, 01:41 AM
You never run while at a swimming pool or on a beach?

I-Like-Pie45
12-23-2013, 01:43 AM
I don't run.

I have webs.

Shahkulu101
12-23-2013, 01:44 AM
You never run while at a swimming pool or on a beach?

A swimming pool? Not if I don't want to endanger my life son. Hazardous!

You dayum keedz and yer poxy games

Shahkulu101
I don't run.

I have webs.

Spider Man 3 is Raimi's worst work. How dare you glorify it.

DinoSteve1
Also can't dance by the looks of things.

Spider-man 3 *cringes*

A swimming pool? Not if I don't want to endanger my life son. Hazardous!

You dayum keedz and yer poxy games

But its so fun, and if your lucky you might get someone shouting at you no running in the swimming pool.

Megas_Doux
12-23-2013, 03:14 AM
I agree!

By the way, AC I still has the best sound mixing in the series.

phoenix-force411
12-23-2013, 03:18 AM
Only ACII E3 Demo had clicking sounds when climbing and running that was very noticeable and loud.

Wolfmeister1010
12-23-2013, 06:13 AM
I just found put that sid hated the sound of the snow crunching in AC3 lol

roostersrule2
12-23-2013, 01:01 PM
Sound is overrated, unless it's directory commentary.

I demand commentary over the next game by the creative director.

pirate1802
12-23-2013, 07:55 PM

Yep this. Twas like music.

M u suck

marcbryan
12-23-2013, 09:27 PM
I agree with you, however, if you we are to engage Ubisoft on providing us the most realistic gaming experience possible that would remove most of everything that you can do in the game. You wouldn't be able to smoothly crouch through bushes to engage an enemy, fall from great heights without breaking or spraining some kind of tendon or bone, survive gun shots…..you get the point. I also noticed that when you were dive raiding smugglers den you often sounded like you were equipped with swords and other tools when in fact, you were not. Silly yes.