PDA

View Full Version : my thoughts for ACV

Rock7Delta
12-22-2013, 08:35 PM
I have not played the DLC yet but I think that the girl from liberation is the granddaughter of Adewale and the new person in the animus is a female. liberation took place in new Orleans, bothe Adewale and liberation are based around freeing slaves. thus I believe that ACV will take place during the civil war in America. That's what I would want to see anyway. there are so many story option for that time period it would be awesome. what do you think.

Consus_E
12-22-2013, 10:01 PM
None of the things you mentioned hint towards Civil War Merica... And not all of the content ubi gives us hints towards the next setting...

IWGCJoeCool
12-23-2013, 02:09 AM
I have not played the DLC yet but I think that the girl from liberation is the granddaughter of Adewale and the new person in the animus is a female. liberation took place in new Orleans, bothe Adewale and liberation are based around freeing slaves. thus I believe that ACV will take place during the civil war in America. That's what I would want to see anyway. there are so many story option for that time period it would be awesome. what do you think.

i could buy the whole Aveline as Ade's granddaughter, sure....but the rest is a stretch. risking a SPOILER, the ACIV-BF Aveline special DLC (for PS3/4) does not take place in or near New Orleans, but closer to Connors' old stomping grounds.

anyway, wishes for ACV, and even the next are just that. whatever ACV turns out to be is already 75% done, and ACVI has been decided upon. there is a strong note in the air that we will finally be living out the life of an Assassin in fuedal era Japan, but my gut says were arent done with the Kenway family saga(trilogy). but maybe that comes around in further ACIV DLC episodes, who knows. i just see plenty of blanks between the later, happy, family years of Edward and the shock of Haytham about 1/3rd into ACIII....big stuff had to have happened to make that what it was(i dont read the books or graphic novels) i dislike that kind of stuff anyway. AC is a video game franchise, and nothing should be canon that doesnt occur in the games. any extra fiction should stay on canon, not add to it.

anyway, the "perfect" next installment, or 10 after that will have some basics that make an AC game an AC game:

a historically significant time period populated by some of the real key personalities
a setting that has a great deal of verticality, and plenty of places for an Assassin to be an Assassin
an Assassin, by the Creed, follows 3 guidelines to behavior and how he does his/her work.

like others, i'm not "scared" of a more modern time period, though i'd prefer it never got more recent than the 1880's...and that in European cities. by historical reference, any so-called "assassin" has done his work quietly...so even though there might be plenty of even modern firearms, an assassin would still prefer silent but deadly means. the knife, or short blade, and poison. add a sword or some kind of club for his protection if the plan went south.

JC

DarktheMagister
12-23-2013, 03:10 AM
i could buy the whole Aveline as Ade's granddaughter, sure....but the rest is a stretch. risking a SPOILER, the ACIV-BF Aveline special DLC (for PS3/4) does not take place in or near New Orleans, but closer to Connors' old stomping grounds.

anyway, wishes for ACV, and even the next are just that. whatever ACV turns out to be is already 75% done, and ACVI has been decided upon. there is a strong note in the air that we will finally be living out the life of an Assassin in fuedal era Japan, but my gut says were arent done with the Kenway family saga(trilogy). but maybe that comes around in further ACIV DLC episodes, who knows. i just see plenty of blanks between the later, happy, family years of Edward and the shock of Haytham about 1/3rd into ACIII....big stuff had to have happened to make that what it was(i dont read the books or graphic novels) i dislike that kind of stuff anyway. AC is a video game franchise, and nothing should be canon that doesnt occur in the games. any extra fiction should stay on canon, not add to it.

anyway, the "perfect" next installment, or 10 after that will have some basics that make an AC game an AC game:

a historically significant time period populated by some of the real key personalities
a setting that has a great deal of verticality, and plenty of places for an Assassin to be an Assassin
an Assassin, by the Creed, follows 3 guidelines to behavior and how he does his/her work.

like others, i'm not "scared" of a more modern time period, though i'd prefer it never got more recent than the 1880's...and that in European cities. by historical reference, any so-called "assassin" has done his work quietly...so even though there might be plenty of even modern firearms, an assassin would still prefer silent but deadly means. the knife, or short blade, and poison. add a sword or some kind of club for his protection if the plan went south.

JC

You are HORRIBLY mistaken. AC is an expanded universe franchise. It has games (both SP and MP), books, comics, and even social media that are ALL canon. So your totally not going to get the whole story if you want to stick just to the games.

The story between Edward's life and Haytham in AC3 has happened....in a novel.... If your curious but hate reading just go wiki a synopsis.

phoenix-force411
12-23-2013, 03:16 AM
I don't think Adewal and Aveline are related.

IWGCJoeCool
12-24-2013, 01:13 AM
You are HORRIBLY mistaken. AC is an expanded universe franchise. It has games (both SP and MP), books, comics, and even social media that are ALL canon. So your totally not going to get the whole story if you want to stick just to the games.

The story between Edward's life and Haytham in AC3 has happened....in a novel.... If your curious but hate reading just go wiki a synopsis.

i have to disagree. if Assassins Creed was based on another media....film, book/novels, or even fairy tails, those sources would be canon. but the game came first...and any treatment or fill-in stories are just that, and came after the fact. just because the media machine has had a feeding frenzy on this game, doesnt make it right or real. as far as Haythams earlier life, and what befell...it hasnt happened because it hasnt been in a game yet...even if it was a 2 minute cinematic or something.

now we'll wait and see what Hollywood eventually puts out...and like everyone else, i'll be judging it by what and how they got it right, not how they filled in blanks.