PDA

View Full Version : Download game data from another source?

kostaskar1997
12-22-2013, 03:16 PM
So,as we know,uplay download speed is slow because of heavy traffic on popular games,including AC series,I don't want to wait literally 200hours to play.So here is my though,what if we can download the game data from an external source(Like ACIII and the download manager from digital river,this is legal from as far as I know).If any of the ubi supporters see this tell me if it is possible

P.S. A lot of people complaining getting only 1mbs while their internet is actually at 5mbs,be grateful if you are one of them,personally my internet max is 250kbs and on upay i get only 30kbs

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Piracy discussion, of any kind, is against the forum rules. You might consider changing your post.

strigoi1958
12-22-2013, 04:43 PM
I don't have the technical ability to help you here. I did follow some instructions on firewall settings which helped a lot and I turn off my avast anti virus when downloading from uplay as it also helps. Also are you saying you usually can download at 250k or your download speed is 250k ? I think Uplay would have no problem sending you a constant 250k as I was downloading at 3 to 5MB and I'm sure others download it a lot faster. TBH if my ISP was that slow I'd buy the game on disk and install it direct unless it is not an option. But maybe someone can advise you on increasing your download speed.

kostaskar1997
12-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Piracy discussion, of any kind, is against the forum rules. You might consider changing your post.
I changed the post,but tell why it's not possible to do this,they did it on ACIII,why not in AC:IV ,I am talking about the digital river download manager for ACIII(that legal,right?)

kostaskar1997
12-22-2013, 06:02 PM
I don't have the technical ability to help you here. I did follow some instructions on firewall settings which helped a lot and I turn off my avast anti virus when downloading from uplay as it also helps. Also are you saying you usually can download at 250k or your download speed is 250k ? I think Uplay would have no problem sending you a constant 250k as I was downloading at 3 to 5MB and I'm sure others download it a lot faster. TBH if my ISP was that slow I'd buy the game on disk and install it direct unless it is not an option. But maybe someone can advise you on increasing your download speed.
The avarage wireless connection people get in Greece is 24mbit/s,which leads to download on 3mb/s> on my current location,the hihest I get is 1mb/s on steam,200kb/s on browser,40kb/s on uplay.Thankfully,I have also a 4g mobile broaadband which reaches 5mb/s>,but it's limited to 5gb so I can't use it all for a game.Already tried the firewall sollution and disabled my antivirys,it really worked but for a couple of seconds,then back to 40kbs

YazX_
12-23-2013, 01:02 AM

this is not piracy discussion, the guy is asking if he can download the game from any other source because the official provider cannot handle the traffic, this is perfectly fine and legal as long as he bought the game, stop jumping into conclusions. piracy is using cracks not downloading games.

to OP, yes it is perfectly fine to download the game from any source and even from legit online retailers who sell CD keys. but the problem with AC4 is all of these retailers are relying on UPlay to download the game since Ubisoft implemented key activation this year, so you might want to find another way.

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 02:37 AM
this is not piracy discussion, the guy is asking if he can download the game from any other source because the official provider cannot handle the traffic, this is perfectly fine and legal as long as he bought the game, stop jumping into conclusions. piracy is using cracks not downloading games.

to OP, yes it is perfectly fine to download the game from any source and even from legit online retailers who sell CD keys. but the problem with AC4 is all of these retailers are relying on UPlay to download the game since Ubisoft implemented key activation this year, so you might want to find another way.

So basically, what you just told me was to mind my own business, and then turned around and told the guy the same thing I said, since Uplay is a proprietary service and downloading from any other source may not have the necessary key to activate the actual product.

Gotcha.

Of course, it couldn't be possible that his previous statement was pirate like in nature and by warning him, he changed it to what it was now, and therefore I protected him and his account?

Nah. Couldn't be that.

kostaskar1997
12-23-2013, 02:14 PM
So basically, what you just told me was to mind my own business, and then turned around and told the guy the same thing I said, since Uplay is a proprietary service and downloading from any other source may not have the necessary key to activate the actual product.

Gotcha.

Of course, it couldn't be possible that his previous statement was pirate like in nature and by warning him, he changed it to what it was now, and therefore I protected him and his account?

Nah. Couldn't be that.

Indeed,you protected me,as the moderators may not understand what I cleary mean.Anyway,the data files that are on sites like kickass and piratebay become pirated when they give you a crack with those,I have a product key currently activated for AC:IV on Uplay,downloading it from any of these sites and logging in my account wouldn't be piracy,as I would use all the original files,then I would let all the missing files like DLC's be downloaded through Uplay.Although we(at least me) don't know If Uplay will read those files or download the whole game again.That's why I ask support here,Digital river made a download manager for ACIII,and the speeds are very satisfactory(or whatever it's called),perhaps,they could make one for AC:IV too.

Mr_Shade
12-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Your Product Key - is only granted to work on official files - as supplied via the download method you purchased [eg, Steam or Uplay] downloading the software from any other site - could make it invalid and also you run the risk of virus infected files from other sources.

Uplay should be able to sustain fairly high speeds - and much great than 30kbs - if your internet speed allows - so It's worth contacting support and asking them for opinions on how to improve it - it's possible due to your very low connection speed, Uplay is using only a percentage, so you have some data left for other uses.

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

I suggest you contact support and ask them - further posts suggesting using illegal sites for downloading - will result in thread being locked - since it's only a matter of time before someone posts a link..

kostaskar1997
12-23-2013, 03:11 PM
Your Product Key - is only granted to work on official files - as supplied via the download method you purchased [eg, Steam or Uplay] downloading the software from any other site - could make it invalid and also you run the risk of virus infected files from other sources.

Uplay should be able to sustain fairly high speeds - and much great than 30kbs - if your internet speed allows - so It's worth contacting support and asking them for opinions on how to improve it - it's possible due to your very low connection speed, Uplay is using only a percentage, so you have some data left for other uses.

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

I suggest you contact support and ask them - further posts suggesting using illegal sites for downloading - will result in thread being locked - since it's only a matter of time before someone posts a link..

Hi Mr_SHade,thanks for the response and for the support/info you could offer me.Of course this thread hasn't to do anything with piracy and I will be the first to report the person who will post such links,I respect UBI , it is on my top 3 favourite game developers list.By other sources I actually meant something like diital river's downloader,this downloader is legal,isn't?

Mr_Shade
12-23-2013, 03:24 PM
Digital river is yes - however Ubisoft have moved to Uplay to handle file downloads now.

YazX_
12-23-2013, 03:39 PM

Gotcha.

Nah. Couldn't be that.

Oo, why are you putting words in my mouth?!

you warned him about his post and he changed it before i've seen the original one, so great. but i'm also pointing out to you that the OP wants to download the game from another source, Mr_Shade pointed out that this might harm his PC as game files might not be identical and contain viruses. so thats it, he can do it at his own risk and nothing against the rules have been done, i never copied anything you said, you just said dont talk about piracy as its against the rules!

kostaskar1997
12-23-2013, 03:51 PM

you warned him about his post and he changed it before i've seen the original one, so great. but i'm also pointing out to you that the OP wants to download the game from another source, Mr_Shade pointed out that this might harm his PC as game files might not be identical and contain viruses. so thats it, he can do it at his own risk and nothing against the rules have been done, i never copied anything you said, you just said dont talk about piracy as its against the rules!

Please,do not turn this thread on a fight,or even change topic,I try to ask help for me and everyone else who have problems with this.Please.

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 05:38 PM

Because his original post suggested location from pirating sites.

That's what I'm saying. You came in, jumped my *** (and you keep following me around, trying to instigate crap with me) and you hadn't read the original post.

But I'm done with you, in respect to kostaskar. I was trying to HELP him, and you keep following me around, posting after me telling me I'm "wrong' and whatnot.

Just ignore me if you have issue with me, because up until this point, I had none with you.

YazX_
12-23-2013, 06:04 PM
and you keep following me around

you are everywhere and in all threads!!

to OP, PM me if you need any help in what you asked for.

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 06:08 PM
you are everywhere and in all threads!!

to OP, PM me if you need any help in what you asked for.

So? Doesn't change the fact you need to quote me and tell me I'm wrong or I shouldn't respond to people.

The forum is an open hub for everyone to discuss and talk freely.

I rest my case.