PDA

View Full Version : Everyone read this asap!!! Sue ubisoft for their mistakes

Rezus1991
12-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Enough is enough. There so many people who bought the game and now have critical problems with it. And support does NOTHING in most of cases. WE MUST SUE UBISOFT for all the pain they brought. We have crashes on EVERY platform they released ACIV. We have connection problems (endless "logging in to server" in singleplayer and limited mode in multiplayer) on EVERY platform they released that game. As I read many people have NEVER been able to connect to Ubisoft server, which means they couldn't verify and play DLC's sych as Freedom Cry. And we PAID for it with our money. As for me, i waited two months since release day to get MULTI version insted of RUS version. Now I got it, but it appears I cannot log in to server any more...

WE MUST SUE AND TEACH IDIOTS TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR MISTAKES. We don't get all content for buing FULL version of game, we cannot play MULTIPLAYER, we cannot verify DLCs, we cannot play without LAGS, we cannot even DOWNLOAD content thru uplay with stable download rate, we cannot know about release DELAYS before the last minute before release! Digital pirates don't have such kind of problems EVER (except of multiplayer). So UBISOFT IS FORCING US TO STEAL THEIR GAMES AND USE CRACKS because only this way we will get playable version of game.

I don't know how this works but I'm ready to pay for a lawyer who will sue Ubisoft for forcing gamers to use non-official content or for not giving customers what they promised.

Can someone tell me how a gamer can sue developers' team? And please write a comment if you are done with ubisoft and decided to never buy anything from Ubisoft again.

smokin_mitch
12-22-2013, 11:28 AM
I've only got 2 issues with black flag on PC (steam digital deluxe version + season pass)

1. I had cloud sync turned on in Uplay so I lost my save file (since I turned it off and started a new game no problem)

2. Social events not appearing (since patch 1.02 and onwards I've had nothing, in total of 100+hrs gameplay I have had 1 white whale and 1 royal convoy and both of these was on patch 1.01)

and I think they will eventually fix the social events issue, at least I hope as that's all I need to 100% complete the game and I have finished Aveline + Freedom cry DLC already too and never had a single crash at all

Rezus1991
12-22-2013, 11:39 AM
They do nothing for those who have crashes and network issues. The same way whey act with your issue, i mean lack of social events. Trust me, they WILL NOT fix this and issue with acinitiates when noone got explorer outfit.

Rezus1991
12-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Oh, and ofcourse they will always release patches that will delete your savefiles. It's not the first time and i'm sure ont the last one.

Rezus1991
12-22-2013, 11:47 AM
There are problems they didn't solve:
- endless attempts to log in to server
- limited mode in multiplayer
- explorer outfit issue
- lack of social events
- disgusting download rate thru uplay

But even if they solve this, this will not teach them the right attitude to their customers. We MUST sue them. I have never experienced such a shameful problems after paying money for 2K, EA, Valve or even indie games.

Rezus1991
12-22-2013, 12:02 PM
OH MY GOD. I have an issue with endless logging in to server. Support asked me to install game from another Uplay account... WAT?!?!??!?!!?

Syr.Jake
12-22-2013, 03:51 PM
So you want to pay between $250 and $500 an hour to an attorney over a $50 game to try to sue for something you were never promised in the first place? Um, Good Luck!!!!!

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Enough is enough. There so many people who bought the game and now have critical problems with it. And support does NOTHING in most of cases. WE MUST SUE UBISOFT for all the pain they brought. We have crashes on EVERY platform they released ACIV. We have connection problems (endless "logging in to server" in singleplayer and limited mode in multiplayer) on EVERY platform they released that game. As I read many people have NEVER been able to connect to Ubisoft server, which means they couldn't verify and play DLC's sych as Freedom Cry. And we PAID for it with our money. As for me, i waited two months since release day to get MULTI version insted of RUS version. Now I got it, but it appears I cannot log in to server any more...

WE MUST SUE AND TEACH IDIOTS TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR MISTAKES. We don't get all content for buing FULL version of game, we cannot play MULTIPLAYER, we cannot verify DLCs, we cannot play without LAGS, we cannot even DOWNLOAD content thru uplay with stable download rate, we cannot know about release DELAYS before the last minute before release! Digital pirates don't have such kind of problems EVER (except of multiplayer). So UBISOFT IS FORCING US TO STEAL THEIR GAMES AND USE CRACKS because only this way we will get playable version of game.

I don't know how this works but I'm ready to pay for a lawyer who will sue Ubisoft for forcing gamers to use non-official content or for not giving customers what they promised.

Can someone tell me how a gamer can sue developers' team? And please write a comment if you are done with ubisoft and decided to never buy anything from Ubisoft again.

Also, if Ubisoft can prove that the issues you're experiencing aren't universal and not affecting everyone (because it's not), then you won't have much of a case.

Man, people are sue happy on this forum. Even if you got everyone "rounded up" and did a class action, in the end you would get your 50 bucks back. There is no "pain and suffering" for your issues, so you'd get the bare minimum, if that. Chances are, you'd be in the hole.

The fact that you have no idea what you're talking about and posting this to a message board of the company you plan to sue shows you're not thinking this out clearly. You don't come and ask how you would do something like this.

Protip: your confession of piracy can allow Ubisoft to counter sue you, and you'd end up with nothing and perhaps jail time. Think about it.

Syr.Jake
12-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Also, if Ubisoft can prove that the issues you're experiencing aren't universal and not affecting everyone (because it's not), then you won't have much of a case.

Man, people are sue happy on this forum. Even if you got everyone "rounded up" and did a class action, in the end you would get your 50 bucks back. There is no "pain and suffering" for your issues, so you'd get the bare minimum, if that. Chances are, you'd be in the hole.

The fact that you have no idea what you're talking about and posting this to a message board of the company you plan to sue shows you're not thinking this out clearly. You don't come and ask how you would do something like this.

Protip: your confession of piracy can allow Ubisoft to counter sue you, and you'd end up with nothing and perhaps jail time. Think about it.

At the least it could result in the termination of their account.

strigoi1958
12-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Rezus1991 I hear your pain. Not every problem is Ubisofts fault, if it were then it would affect everyone and a lot of people like me have completed or are playing through the game right now. I've had problems in the past and opened tickets only to find (embarrassingly) it was not Ubi but my fault, or gfx drivers, a windows update or my ISP's fault. Nobody is perfect and even Ubi have some technical issues but they work on them and get a solution as quickly as possible. Feel free to come here and rage (sometimes it helps just to blow off steam).... we understand, we're gamers like you and we all want to play and we want everyone else to play. It may take a little while until your own problems are sorted which I hope is soon but it will happen. By following what support asks you to do, it enables them to rule out problems and narrow down what is wrong. There are some very smart people here in the community (they've helped me lots) but they'd need a lot of information about your system, isp etc... and TBH it's better to let support help you. But asking questions here might find you an answer. Hope you are playing soon as the game is unbelievable.

Rezus1991
12-22-2013, 04:28 PM

It's you who really didn't get the point, not me. I clearly understand what i'm doing right here. I said they force to use unofficial releases, but I didn't say I use it. That way I wouldn't post this thread. I don't want to be a pirate. I have money and I spend it for games. But Ubisoft doesn't give us the product they promised. I pay for working product, not for something I must force to work the proper way. I don't want my money back, I want working copy of ACIV with all bonuses I paid for! And I'm not the only one. The only right thing which Ubisoft can do is to carefully resolve technical issues, release patches and write normal FAQ.

And it's not for problem to be "universal". It must be resolved by technical support. Especially if problem appears again and again with different threads on forums.

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2013, 04:37 PM
It's you who really didn't get the point, not me. I clearly understand what i'm doing right here. I said they force to use unofficial releases, but I didn't say I use it. That way I wouldn't post this thread. I don't want to be a pirate. I have money and I spend it for games. But Ubisoft doesn't give us the product they promised. I pay for working product, not for something I must force to work the proper way. I don't want my money back, I want working copy of ACIV with all bonuses I paid for! And I'm not the only one. The only right thing which Ubisoft can do is to carefully resolve technical issues, release patches and write normal FAQ.

And it's not for problem to be "universal". It must be resolved by technical support. Especially if problem appears again and again with different threads on forums.

You do? If you go have a look at the forum rules, any discussion of piracy, is not allowed to be brought up. Even hypothetical discussion.

The people with issues are the minority. People won't come a forum to post that everything is working correctly.

Regardless, you completely ignored the previous part, in which I told you that attempting to sue Ubisoft will leave you in more debt then before you go into this venture.

And Ubi is working on these issues. I've never seen patches go out as quick as they have in such a short time frame for a game. Just give it time.

Threating to sue Ubisoft or even mention piracy as a possibility won't allow this end well for you. You came here for advice, this is what I'm telling you.

Rezus1991
12-22-2013, 04:45 PM
You do? If you go have a look at the forum rules, any discussion of piracy, is not allowed to be brought up. Even hypothetical discussion.

The people with issues are the minority. People won't come a forum to post that everything is working correctly.

Regardless, you completely ignored the previous part, in which I told you that attempting to sue Ubisoft will leave you in more debt then before you go into this venture.

And Ubi is working on these issues. I've never seen patches go out as quick as they have in such a short time frame for a game. Just give it time.

Threating to sue Ubisoft or even mention piracy as a possibility won't allow this end well for you. You came here for advice, this is what I'm telling you.

I got your point, thanks. But if you got rid of the problem it doesn't mean that it works for everyone. Just type in a search bar "limited mode", "logging in to server" or "crash" and you will get dozens of threads WITHOUT any answers from Ubi. If they really working on problems let's check right here. Help me, it would be wonderful. Right now I'm experiencing problem with endless attempt to login to server in singleplayer and limited mode in multiplayer. Is there any solution on forum? I know this question is alive since the release day. I haven't found any working solution.

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2013, 04:50 PM
I know the Limited Mode had to do with the Ubisoft Passport which was done away with, but I thought that was only affecting consoles, not PC.

I'm not sure about the server log in issues for single player, but I'm sure the two issues are tied together.

Rezus1991
12-22-2013, 05:07 PM
I know the Limited Mode had to do with the Ubisoft Passport which was done away with, but I thought that was only affecting consoles, not PC.

I'm not sure about the server log in issues for single player, but I'm sure the two issues are tied together.

Yes, know about passport and surprised too... And yes, they are tied somehow, 'cause they appeared together. And there are many threads with these issues on PC.

guardian_titan
12-22-2013, 05:59 PM
1.) Millions of people play this series. This forum maybe has a few thousand registered and a majority of those rarely or never post. This is a case of the loud majority. To use an example I used previously, it's like banning peanuts because 1 person is a crowd of 100 is allergic. Easier to either ignore or kick out the person with allergies if you want the cheap route or take precautions to not let peanuts near the person with the allergy in the first place. Wait long enough and cry loud enough, and you'll be accommodated. It's business.

2.) While the console versions should be the most stable, the PC version can have millions of system configurations. Hardware and software can play into whether or not something works. Just because everything else works fine doesn't mean you won't eventually find the straw that broke the camel's back.

An older computer I had some years ago ran programs fine. I tried to run Photoshop and it froze regularly. After days of pulling my hair out trying to fix it myself, I posted on the adobe forums and got told to flash my BIOS. Sure enough, fixed my issue.
Built another computer later and had another case where the only game I had that would crash regularly was World of Warcraft and from time to time (although far more rarely) The Sims 3. I tracked it down to memory corruption. After some research, found out the memory I had wasn't listed on the motherboard compatibility list so I got new memory. No crashes after that. Now I hav a third computer and so far no issues.

Point is, there's a LOT of factors. Perhaps someone modded their console explaining why it crashes. Maybe it's covered in dust (inside and out). Maybe a part got jostled out of place. Maybe it's overheating. Maybe the disc has scratches. Maybe your home network is acting funny. Maybe your internet service is causing the problem. If you're connecting wirelessly, that often causes issues with gaming. I had issues recently connecting to Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft wirelessly. I just opted to connect myself right to the modem and fixed my issue. Try looking at your internet provider's forums and see if others have the same issue as you. If they do, maybe someone there knows how to fix it or knows the cause. You can run tracers from your network to Ubisoft's servers while you're trying to log into the game and when you're not, but you have to have Ubisoft's IP address for your area to do so. That might reveal if the issue's on your end, your internet, or Ubisoft's.

3.) If you haven't reported your issue to Ubisoft support, then you need to do so. They don't typically respond on the forums. You got the forum reps like Mr. Shade but they're more like forum moderators. They don't really control tech support. When you post on the forums, you're looking for help from other gamers. Sending the ticket to Ubisoft reports the issue directly to them and you'll likely get at least acknowledgement of the issue and/or help.

4.) It's Christmas time. You won't see a patch and likely a good majority of the staff is on vacation. Thus what little support is on call is probably being inundated with tickets they can't respond to because there's no one for them to ask about it. At best, they can return generic responses like thank you and that'd they'd report it to the right department.

5.) As MnemonicSyntax pointed out, you'll be lucky to get $50 after suing. You might pay the lawyer a good $50,000 and even then, you still might lose. Even if you win, is it worth it for $50? I haven't bought the game myself and likely won't until next summer or winter at this point, but perhaps you should've waited to buy the game. There's always bugs at release and often server issues. Patience is a virtue. Perhaps in this case, it's better to wait. History tends to repeat itself. What game anymore comes out bug free? Better to wait a while to buy them anymore and by then they'll be cheaper. I won't be buying Watch_Dogs out of the gate, either. Even though it's held back, I'd still bet on bugs. Wait until the next game is announced or all of the patches are out and then you can make a choice if the game is playable enough for you to buy it.

Thinking about it, if such a lawsuit did go through, Ubisoft and other companies will either be more careful about quality testing and/or possibly even release fewer games to avoid further lawsuits, or they'll put in a clause in their game contracts that state you're agreeing to play the game as-is and will accept whatever patches and thus bugs the company manages to fix (or add).

Realistically, Assassin's Creed is millions and possibly billions of lines of code. A fix for one issue might result in another cropping up elsewhere. Due to how interconnected some areas of the coding may be, trying to figure out what causes a bug might take a lot of time, then to make a fix that only fixes that bug and not break something else is even harder. Ever look at computer programming languages? Largest program I've written myself was maybe 10,000 lines. I got fed up with it and started over when I couldn't figure out where a few bugs were being caused. I can't imagine how many lines of code Assassin's Creed has, and to look over that for bugs is like finding a needle in a haystack.

To err is human. Everyone makes mistakes. No need to insult someone for a problem that might not even be caused by Ubisoft. It could very well be an error on your end (with you or your computer). Just send in your ticket and move on to another game in the meantime. It's Christmas. You should be with family and friends anyway. After the holidays, politely remind Ubisoft of your issue with another ticket and continue to play another game (or play what you can of AC4). Politely remind them every week or two. There are plenty of other things you can do besides play Assassin's Creed. Steam has their winter sale going on. Maybe you can pick up some new games there. If, after so long, the issue is not fixed, then perhaps it's best to not buy a future Ubisoft game since you'll likely continue to have the same issue in the future. In that case, it's better to speak with your wallet.

Perhaps someone should make an encompassing thread that looks for a common trait between everyone's computer setups. A thread where people can post their hardware, their location, and internet provider. If a lot of people have the same internet provider, then maybe they're the cause. If everyone has the same video card or same driver, maybe it's the video card driver. If everyone has the same motherboard, maybe there's a fault there. There's obviously a common thread somewhere.

V3NG4NC3 Xx
12-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Actually a lawyer will take this case for free, granted there is enough people behind this...... Well, he will take his cut at the end. On the back of the box (360 anyway) is states. XBOX 360 {players 1} {3mb to save} {hdtv....} and {in-game sound...}. Did it say anywhere on there an Xbox live or internet connection is needed to play the 1 player game? NO. under xbox live tab, it states online multiplayer, co-op 2-4, game content download, and leaderboard. At no time does it state you need live to play 1 player. I checked, this is a false advertising claim. I will be posting on game f a q . c o m once the class action sign up link is up. He said he had to check a few things?? but to give him a few days....

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2013, 06:14 PM
It's not needed to play Single Player. It's not required at all. You can use it for extra material, such as Kenway's Fleet and the Social Events, but it's not required one bit.

You don't have a case.

Also, Guardian Titan, well said. Very nicely put.

V3NG4NC3 Xx
12-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Actually, yes there is. To get the single player to 100% completion per Ubisoft per Abstergo challenges on single player you are not informed that you will need the internet to find the following: 2 hidden crates through fleet missions, 3 social crates, 3 social royal convoys, 3 social white whales. This needed requirement {internet connection to Ubisoft via Uplay via Xbox Live} was not listed under single player.

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2013, 06:37 PM
That's 100%. That's not to play the game. That's not what "required" means.

Besides, Social Events are currently borked. No one is getting them.

V3NG4NC3 Xx
12-22-2013, 06:44 PM
It's not needed to play Single Player. It's not required at all. You can use it for extra material, such as Kenway's Fleet and the Social Events, but it's not required one bit.

You don't have a case.

Also, Guardian Titan, well said. Very nicely put.
Actually yes, it is a requirement. In order to complete the single player 100% per Abstergo challenges you do. In order to complete 100% of all the challenges you need a connection from you Xbox 360 (in this case) to a Uplay server via a Ubisoft server via an Xbox Live connection. The following item are only attained through the afore mentioned connection and are needed and necessary to attain a 100% finished single player game: 2 maps for 2 hidden crates attained only in Kenway's Fleet, 3 social crates, 3 social royal convoys, 3 social white whales.

V3NG4NC3 Xx
12-22-2013, 06:49 PM
That's 100%. That's not to play the game. That's not what "required" means.

Besides, Social Events are currently borked. No one is getting them.

Yes, to play the game bough till 100% completion these items are required. Broke or not, this is not my problem, it requires a internet link that was not disclose on the packaging details, the fact that the game purchased REQUIRES this now broken item only further proves the point I've made and outlined.

adventurewomen
12-22-2013, 06:51 PM
To the OP, Sue? That's a bit too much, we haven't suffered long term effects from a game. You're taking this a little too far. tbh.

Ubisoft don't owe you anything nor are you entitled to any money from them, you had chosen to buy the game and you played the game Ubisot aren't held responsible for your experience. Be realistic.

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Yes, to play the game bough till 100% completion these items are required. Broke or not, this is not my problem, it requires a internet link that was not disclose on the packaging details, the fact that the game purchased REQUIRES this now broken item only further proves the point I've made and outlined.

But it doesn't require it. Requiring means that you cannot even play it, unless you are connected.

As you can play it, without a connection, you do not have a case.

V3NG4NC3 Xx
12-22-2013, 07:09 PM
But it doesn't require it. Requiring means that you cannot even play it, unless you are connected.

As you can play it, without a connection, you do not have a case.

A "requirement" is stated as anything additional you will need to (play the game in this case) fully use the item or items bought in accordance with the manufactures design or intent. In the case of an electronic game, the goal is to ultimately finish the game to it's fullest. The definition of finish is (to complete to an end, to bring to a desired or required state). Now, apply this to the AC4 game. The maker put forth a set of goals that must be reached to finish the game to it's end. To complete the game to it's outlined by the manufacturer end is under Abstergo challenges and each challenge is categorically outlined. Can you, or anyone playing this game categorically complete all of the challenges without an xbox live (free or pay connection) and a subsequent connection to Ubisoft?

V3NG4NC3 Xx
12-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Well, I can only ask this. Did you buy this game to play and with the intent to finish to completion? Did you know before you opened the disc case that you would need internet for single person play, or did you find this out only after you opened the case and rendered the CD/DVD returnable? Have you been able to do all of what your money was exchanged for?

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2013, 07:22 PM
You can complete the game, in it's single player entirety, without being connected.

Completing the Abstergo Challenges does not change the endgame. If you are connected and complete the Abstergo Challenges, you have not completed the game, yet you can complete the game, without completing the Abstergo Challenges.

Therefore, it is not required. You have no case.

It would be more logical to "sue" Ubisoft for failure to fix the Social Events, but then again, that's not required for the game to function correctly either.

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Well, I can only ask this. Did you buy this game to play and with the intent to finish to completion? Did you know before you opened the disc case that you would need internet for single person play, or did you find this out only after you opened the case and rendered the CD/DVD returnable? Have you been able to do all of what your money was exchanged for?

When I bought the game, I had zero intention of using Kenway's Fleet. None. I hate those sort of mini-games and find them extremely boring. Even on a tablet, or phone, away from the main game, it wouldn't have made any difference.

I've since played it and completed it, but because what you get from the Fleet are items I actually wanted. Otherwise, I wouldn't have cared.

I knew I would need internet for single player for Kenway's Fleet and Social Events because I read about it before I purchased it. The entire concept of using a smart phone or a tablet away from the main game to play Kenway's Fleet is obviously a required function, and I read the list of Abstergo Challenges before I bought the game (on launch day no less)

When I saw the Kenway's Fleet requirement, I told myself I'd never get 100% on Abstergo Challenges, because I didn't care about The Fleet.

The information was out there, as was the Achievements/Trophies. Kenway's Fleet and Social Events were discussed in great length before September of this year.

V3NG4NC3 Xx
12-22-2013, 07:39 PM
You can complete the game, in it's single player entirety, without being connected.

Completing the Abstergo Challenges does not change the endgame. If you are connected and complete the Abstergo Challenges, you have not completed the game, yet you can complete the game, without completing the Abstergo Challenges.

Therefore, it is not required. You have no case.

It would be more logical to "sue" Ubisoft for failure to fix the Social Events, but then again, that's not required for the game to function correctly either.

I could ask you if these events are "in the game" or "part of the game" or "included in / not wholly included on the disc" you purchased, but it doesn't sound like you know all that much about the rule of law, and/or of the legal definitions of required, included, completion, and full disclosure. So, I will wish you well.

Syr.Jake
12-22-2013, 08:00 PM
I could ask you if these events are "in the game" or "part of the game" or "included in / not wholly included on the disc" you purchased, but it doesn't sound like you know all that much about the rule of law, and/or of the legal definitions of required, included, completion, and full disclosure. So, I will wish you well.

And you clearly do not know much about reading the Terms of Use that is posted:

http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/Info.aspx?tagname=TermsOfUse

TECHNICAL PROTECTIVE MEASURES DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT

"A BROADBAND INTERNET CONNECTION AND THE CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE NECESSARY TO ACCESS THE ONLINE FUNCTIONS..."

LIABILITY, GUARANTEE AND COMPENSATION

"UBISOFT MAY IN NO CASE BE HELD LIABLE FOR PAYMENT TO YOU OF ANY SUM OR ANY DAMAGES AS A RESULT OF YOUR BEING UNABLE TO USE ALL OR PART OF THE SERVICES. IN NO CASE MAY UBISOFT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ACCIDENTAL, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR IMPOSSIBILITY OF USING THE SERVICES AND GAMES,"

"YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT, WITHIN THE LIMITS AUTHORIZED BY LAW, IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE WITH UBISOFT OR ITS LICENSORS YOU MAY (i) CEASE TO USE THE SERVICES AND TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT AND, (ii) IF APPLICABLE, TAKE LEGAL ACTION TO OBTAIN COMPENSATION FOR YOUR LOSSES. THE LIABILITY OF UBISOFT, INCLUDING ITS LICENSORS AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, MANAGERS OR DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS THE "AFFILIATES") TO YOU MAY NOT EXCEED THE PRICE YOU HAVE PAID FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE OCCURRENCE OF THE DISPUTE."

SOFTWARE, UTILITIES AND TOOLS

"You are informed that computer developments are not compatible with all computer platforms and media and that the performances of the UBISOFT Software and the related Services may vary depending on your computer and other equipment."

Rezus1991
12-22-2013, 08:43 PM

You're completely right and you are the only not blind and/or deaf person on this thread. Thank you for quick reply. There are no words about using online services for completion by one person in singleplayer in quote written by JessieColt. And if he got this from this page http://shop.ubi.com/store?Action=Content&Env=BASE&Locale=ru_RU&SiteID=ubiemea&pbPage=ru_RU-Privacy than it's not even readable by the way. I didn't know about some singpleplayer-online features, because there are no explanations about it on store page.

And yes, i have contacted support since NOVEMBER. I was trying to get multi-language version instead of russian. A few days ago I eventually got new key. But now don't have an access to online features. I haven't change ANYTHING in the system, so I'm absolutely sure it is on the end of Ubisoft, not mine. As support team asked me I deleted everything related to uplay and ACIV and reinstalled it. The issue is still actual.

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2013, 08:59 PM
How is that not readable? It's right there.

Most EULAs are like that. A big chunk of text that say "you can't sue us because you didn't know" and other terms that protect them.

But, we're the blind and deaf ones here.

Good luck with this. At best, you'll get 50 bucks back and at worst, you'll be in the hole. Yay.

EDIT: I find it hilarious that people come to this forum asking for help on a matter and when they get the answer, it's not what they want to hear so they resort to insults and say how wrong we are.

Why come asking for help if you're just going to state how wrong we are?

tunnelcat
12-22-2013, 09:08 PM
Everyone pissed off at Ubisoft? Don't bother to sue. You can't. Go and actually read the EULA, or for that matter, ANY EULA in ANY software you buy when you install it. Once you click that little box, all your rights go out the window. Bye, bye birdie. If you want to get something done, well, maybe get something done, even a snowball has a smidgen of a change in hell, go to your Congressman if you live in the States, or your lawmakers in your country you live in.

But now, even more sinister things are being put into the EULA's as we speak. Look what happened over at EA.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/24/eas-origin-eula-proves-even-more-sinister/

Then they backpedaled because people actually DID read the EULA.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-changes-origin-eula/1100-6331203/

Rezus1991
12-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Also please consider that Freedom Cry is singleplayer content and it is requires internet connection, cause even if have downloaded it you cannot verify it and start playing without internet connection.

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Well, in that case you could probably just go to your distributor and get your money back. I saw a couple of posters having issues with Freedom Cry and get a full refund on it (9.99 USD)

adventurewomen
12-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Everyone pissed off at Ubisoft? Don't bother to sue. You can't. Go and actually read the EULA, or for that matter, ANY EULA in ANY software you buy when you install it. Once you click that little box, all your rights go out the window. Bye, bye birdie. If you want to get something done, well, maybe get something done, even a snowball has a smidgen of a change in hell, go to your Congressman if you live in the States, or your lawmakers in your country you live in.

But now, even more sinister things are being put into the EULA's as we speak. Look what happened over at EA.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/24/eas-origin-eula-proves-even-more-sinister/

Then they backpedaled because people actually DID read the EULA.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-changes-origin-eula/1100-6331203/
Pretty much this agreed!

Also please consider that Freedom Cry is singleplayer content and it is requires internet connection, cause even if have downloaded it you cannot verify it and start playing without internet connection.
All AC games & DLC's since AC2 require an active internet connection.

Questions2ask
12-23-2013, 01:47 AM
To everyone complaining, READ THIS TOPIC (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/818932-I-m-sick-of-people-complaining)

burtie80
12-23-2013, 03:39 AM
Well I feel the same pain as the OP, I am sick of crashes, bugs, unable to play MP or SP and lost save games. But I know a law suit will never happen so there is no point complaining about it.

They wont listen because they are to busy raking the money and looking at pretty graphs and numbers while congratulating themselves on turning over another huge profit.

The only way time they will notice is when people stop buying and the profits drop. And by the time that happens most people will probably not care about the franchise and would have moved on anyway.

I wont be buying any more after AC4, and Ubi wont even notice, but I'll'll be 60 better off anyway so I'll be happy, and I wont have to contend with banging my head against a wall over a game.

Iorveth1271
12-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Do you sue everyone immediately just because something you purchased has functionality issues? If so, you must be a jolly person to be around.

Game development and, while we're at it, technical support for games takes time. Rome wasn't built in a day, so wait for a while, enjoy your christmas season and look forward to the next patch.

No game this size is without its bugs and no patch is ever perfect for 100% of all customers.

Razrback16
12-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Ubi isn't very good at developing games for PC. This is a well-known fact. My best recommendation is to simply try to take the game back and get your $$ back if you are unable to play the game. If you are unable to return the game to where you bought it, you would probably be best served simply boycotting their games going forward.

Syr.Jake
12-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Well I feel the same pain as the OP, I am sick of crashes, bugs, unable to play MP or SP and lost save games. But I know a law suit will never happen so there is no point complaining about it.

They wont listen because they are to busy raking the money and looking at pretty graphs and numbers while congratulating themselves on turning over another huge profit.

The only way time they will notice is when people stop buying and the profits drop. And by the time that happens most people will probably not care about the franchise and would have moved on anyway.

I wont be buying any more after AC4, and Ubi wont even notice, but I'll'll be 60 better off anyway so I'll be happy, and I wont have to contend with banging my head against a wall over a game.

Actually, they DO listen. But it is very difficult to go back and change things after the game has been released to millions of players. Most of the changes that they incorporate into the game based on complaints and raised issues are put into the new games going forward, where it is far easier to do from the very beginning.

DLC's are not expansion packs to the original game, they are separate single play downloads. If the DLC's were designed like most, in that they act like mini expansions to the main game, then yeah, Ubisoft could probably code in changes that affect the main game itself.

Once the game has been released, functionality is set and the only releases from that point forward are patches and bug fixes.

Mr_Shade
12-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Hi Guys,

Anyone suffering from technical issues, should be in contact with and working with support to resolve them.

While they might not be able to offer an instant solution to everything, it's vital that you are taking to them - since your contact and supplied information on your set up etc may help them find the solution - or at the very least, enable them to forward this problem onto the Dev Team, so they can work on fixing the issue.

The forums, while a great resource, are not intended to replace contacting support directly, since we have limited tools to allow us to troubleshoot issues.

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

If you have not already contacted support - I strongly suggest you do, please allow a minimum of 48 hours to reply, however please do bare with them for a little longer, over the very busy holiday period!

medavroog
12-23-2013, 04:38 PM

... we will never win a court-case against UbiSoft ... they are an international company, be we "have reasons" or "without reasons" ... we will be on the lost from the start.
... this is the reality of things, unfortunately.

Rezus1991
12-23-2013, 04:48 PM
Hi Guys,

Anyone suffering from technical issues, should be in contact with and working with support to resolve them.

While they might not be able to offer an instant solution to everything, it's vital that you are taking to them - since your contact and supplied information on your set up etc may help them find the solution - or at the very least, enable them to forward this problem onto the Dev Team, so they can work on fixing the issue.

The forums, while a great resource, are not intended to replace contacting support directly, since we have limited tools to allow us to troubleshoot issues.

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

If you have not already contacted support - I strongly suggest you do, please allow a minimum of 48 hours to reply, however please do bare with them for a little longer, over the very busy holiday period!

Working with support since november. I hope we will resolve the endless logging issue somehow. In fact, I am chief technology officer and I understand how things work in technical support and dev teams. I was just dissappointed to get a critical bug just after the receiving of new game key for multilang version. And, remembering ACIII, I know that Ubis leave some disgusting bugs unpatched. I hope things will change somehow, because I wouldn't like to get endless logging attempts in Watchdogs or future games.

ToxicStrike91
12-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Working with support since november. I hope we will resolve the endless logging issue somehow. In fact, I am chief technology officer and I understand how things work in technical support and dev teams. I was just dissappointed to get a critical bug just after the receiving of new game key for multilang version. And, remembering ACIII, I know that Ubis leave some disgusting bugs unpatched. I hope things will change somehow, because I wouldn't like to get endless logging attempts in Watchdogs or future games.

can you try to push that online mode uplay take up less gpu? I have been kinda rude, im just bumbed that I payed the money to play online and cant because far cry 3 is too heavy anyway unless at min res and ultra low mod is enabled. uplay's client in online mode takes what little buffer I have to play smoothely and 50% cpu is a bit absurd when steam takes under 1% when it is online. this is the only reason I bash uplay, Im fine with it otherwise. I dont take notice unless I am being bricked or confined to the place that people who get the game free are limited at.

Rezus1991
12-23-2013, 07:00 PM
can you try to push that online mode uplay take up less gpu? I have been kinda rude, im just bumbed that I payed the money to play online and cant because far cry 3 is too heavy anyway unless at min res and ultra low mod is enabled. uplay's client in online mode takes what little buffer I have to play smoothely and 50% cpu is a bit absurd when steam takes under 1% when it is online. this is the only reason I bash uplay, Im fine with it otherwise. I dont take notice unless I am being bricked or confined to the place that people who get the game free are limited at.

You say that lowing graphics helps to force online connection? Strange thing, haven't even thought of this possibility... I'll try, thanks.

Rezus1991
12-23-2013, 07:06 PM

Nope that doesn't work. I remember strange netcode for multiplayer games which depends on graphics level, but seems like that's not the point in ACIV. There's smth else nos so obvious.

Rezus1991
12-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Many users have told that it's not neccessary to have internet connection to complete singleplayer. Guys, it IS neccessary 'cause when you are prompted to use kenways fleet, you'll be stuck at empty screen. It means that noone can pass chapter 4 without logging in to server.

MnemonicSyntax
12-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Many users have told that it's not neccessary to have internet connection to complete singleplayer. Guys, it IS neccessary 'cause when you are prompted to use kenways fleet, you'll be stuck at empty screen. It means that noone can pass chapter 4 without logging in to server.

You can exit out of it. I did it on Xbox 360 because I didn't have an internet connection to run it.

Sdwakias
12-26-2013, 06:34 PM
WoW... I mean... WoW. Nobody said about suing Rockstar for their mistakes on GTAV's multiplayer, everyone was whining, like you do, but nobody said about suing.. Are you even serious?
As of now, I have ONLY
- Encountered one or two bugs
- I lost my save game (after formatting my PC) since the Cloud is not avaliable for ACIV,
- Multiplayer puts me in Limited Mode if I launch the multiplayer for the second, third, etc. time. For example, if I turn on my PC, and press to play the Multiplayer, I can play it as much as I want. If I close the game, and then re-launch it, I won't be able to connect at all.
- Legacy stuff are not unlocked in Multiplayer

That's most of the problems the game have. Yet, none of them are serious. You really have NO idea of what a totally bugged game is. Many games have such problems, MANY. UbiSoft didn't promise you they will delive the game bugless and without problems.

Rezus1991
12-26-2013, 11:01 PM
You can exit out of it. I did it on Xbox 360 because I didn't have an internet connection to run it.

How did you exit? I don't know... what buttons have you pushed?=) And can you exit the kenway fleet screen again if you try to launch it in free roam?

MnemonicSyntax
12-26-2013, 11:44 PM
I pushed B. Got a message that the Ubisoft Server wasn't available or something similar and then just pressed B to back out.

Rezus1991
12-27-2013, 12:10 AM
I pushed B. Got a message that the Ubisoft Server wasn't available or something similar and then just pressed B to back out.

Well ehm.... I don't receive any message=( There is just an empty screen...

MnemonicSyntax
12-27-2013, 12:36 AM
That is interesting. Just a black screen?

Rezus1991
12-27-2013, 07:06 AM
That is interesting. Just a black screen?

Not a black one. I have just the same screen which has been used for kenway's fleet menu, but... without a menu. There's just a dynamic backgrond and music.

People got just the same problem here http://steamcommunity.com/app/242050/discussions/0/666826703502164659/?l=russian

But the fact is a cannot try ethernet connection my pc is about 7m away from router and it's in the other room. And I played game this way without any problems before activating multi-language version.

Apaleftos_2
05-16-2014, 10:57 AM
I cant stand it anymore, I've spent many hours in fixing problems in ACIII and ACIV like an idiot. I liked some games of ubisoft but those problems or bugs is dirt in its brand.
A company that respects itself and its customers would never let a new project to be released if the past ones is not functioned.
From now on, I'm not gonna buy anything of this company until it changes tactic.
And of course, I will inform everyone i know about the AC problems in order to protect their money and time.

YazX_
05-18-2014, 11:10 PM
no need to revive this old thread, if you have any issue, please open a new thread or contact support.

closing it.