PDA

View Full Version : what exactly is in the season pass?

Littleweasel
12-22-2013, 02:03 AM
what exactly is in the season pass, because what is listed doe not show no 20% discount?

- Freedom Cry $9.99
it was good but very small exploration area and fairly short unless you went around and collected all treasure and upgrades
- kraken ship pack
but for some unknown reason doesn't seem to be included in the X1 version (Can not buy solo)
- Florentine and Crusader pack $1.99
sp skin pack and ship appearance, waste of money imo
- Character Pack #1 $2.99
if it wasn't for the stupid achievement list for it, it probably wouldn't sell at all to 90% of the people that own the game

so that totals to $14.97 seems more like a %25 increase in price instead of %20 savings?
and yes i know you can carry it over to the next gen console, but the price still is not justified if you only only one copy of the game.

would have been cheaper to just buy the 2 downloads that give achievements since a skin pack for your sp character and appearance pack for the ship are pretty much a waste of money since no one but you can see it anyways?

i'm just hoping there is no more MP character packs with stupid achievements just to sell the pack, or more stupid sp skins and ship appearance packs which as i said before are pretty much a waste of money imo.

imo a season pass for the assassins creed series should only include sp content, and if they want to put out stupid mp character packs don't put achievements in it just to sell it.

they should have had to list every thing that is going to be included in the season pass's description so people would know exactly what they were paying for

Krayus Korianis
12-22-2013, 10:26 AM
They did list it... I got an email from Ubisoft after I purchased it telling me to buy it. Kinda weird, but whatever.

Purchase the Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Season Pass and get access to all-new exclusive content packs!

Single-Player Mission: Freedom Cry
Exclusive Content Pack
2 X Multiplayer Character Packs
Death Vessel Pack
Florentine and Crusader Pack
Season Pass Exclusive: Kraken Ship Pack

All that's left is the other MP Char Pack and the Exclusive Content Pack. Also, that 20% discount was on the price of ALL the content combined, not on individual parts of the pass. $25-20%=$20.

DetroitPlaya
12-22-2013, 12:07 PM
I made a post about it elsewhere:

25% off Liberation HD: $5
Crusader & Florentine: $2
Death Vessel: $1
Blackbeard's Wrath: $3
Freedom Cry: $10

That's $21.

Then add another MP DLC: $3

The Kraken Exclusive can be estimated to $1 since the Death Vessel is $1 - and the pre-orders+SE exclusive items (Illustrious Pirates Pack) are definitely in the $5 range.

And season pass was $20.. So, yeah. That's what you will get with the season pass. :)

So that makes it $30 with the Liberation HD discount, or $25 without :)

They made it VERY clear from the very start what will be in it, and even posted a picture of all of it.

DarktheMagister
12-22-2013, 12:30 PM
what exactly is in the season pass, because what is listed doe not show no 20% discount?

- Freedom Cry $9.99
it was good but very small exploration area and fairly short unless you went around and collected all treasure and upgrades
- kraken ship pack
but for some unknown reason doesn't seem to be included in the X1 version (Can not buy solo)
- Florentine and Crusader pack $1.99
sp skin pack and ship appearance, waste of money imo
- Character Pack #1 $2.99
if it wasn't for the stupid achievement list for it, it probably wouldn't sell at all to 90% of the people that own the game

so that totals to $14.97 seems more like a %25 increase in price instead of %20 savings?
and yes i know you can carry it over to the next gen console, but the price still is not justified if you only only one copy of the game.

would have been cheaper to just buy the 2 downloads that give achievements since a skin pack for your sp character and appearance pack for the ship are pretty much a waste of money since no one but you can see it anyways?

i'm just hoping there is no more MP character packs with stupid achievements just to sell the pack, or more stupid sp skins and ship appearance packs which as i said before are pretty much a waste of money imo.

imo a season pass for the assassins creed series should only include sp content, and if they want to put out stupid mp character packs don't put achievements in it just to sell it.

they should have had to list every thing that is going to be included in the season pass's description so people would know exactly what they were paying for

So what your saying is you don't like MP so you don't think they should make trophies for it?

Littleweasel
12-22-2013, 06:45 PM
I made a post about it elsewhere:
They made it VERY clear from the very start what will be in it, and even posted a picture of all of it.

i never actually seen a picture with what it included.
imo the only thing in the season pass even worth getting is the freedom cry dlc the sp skin packs and ship appearance pack i could do with out since as i said before the only person that see's it is the person playing they add no extra value to the game.
the mp character packs are a waste of money also and if they did not have stupid achievements like use this character to do this them i definateley would waste my money on them.
i think im going to have do more checking on before i buy them from now on especial when it comes to ubisoft games.

So what your saying is you don't like MP so you don't think they should make trophies for it?

are you just trying to get your post count up by trolling with stupid responses like this?
ever time i have posted with my dislike to the mp in this game you always seem to post something stupid defending it without even giving an answer the what the actually post was about.
i am also not the only one that dislikes the mp in the game, and if the character packs did not have achievements/trophies for using the characters in the pack(s) they probably would only sell about % of the amount they actually do because of the achievements.

i just wish, just once that they would not put mp achievements in the game at all to see how many people are actually playing the mp because they like over playing it just for the achievements.

DarktheMagister
12-22-2013, 09:11 PM
imo the only thing in the season pass even worth getting is the freedom cry dlc the sp skin packs and ship appearance pack i could do with out since as i said before the only person that see's it is the person playing they add no extra value to the game.
the mp character packs are a waste of money also and if they did not have stupid achievements like use this character to do this them i definateley would waste my money on them.
i think im going to have do more checking on before i buy them from now on especial when it comes to ubisoft games.

are you just trying to get your post count up by trolling with stupid responses like this?
ever time i have posted with my dislike to the mp in this game you always seem to post something stupid defending it without even giving an answer the what the actually post was about.
i am also not the only one that dislikes the mp in the game, and if the character packs did not have achievements/trophies for using the characters in the pack(s) they probably would only sell about % of the amount they actually do because of the achievements.

i just wish, just once that they would not put mp achievements in the game at all to see how many people are actually playing the mp because they like over playing it just for the achievements.

It's got nothing to do with post count. I just don't get why they shouldn't have MP trophies just because you don't like MP and want 100%. MP is part of the series... It has been part of the series for 4 games. It deserves to have trophies just as SP deserves to have trophies.

I also find it hard to believe that people are only playing MP because they want to 100% the game. Them "liking MP" seems a much more believable reasoning.

Besides....if you consider yourself a completionist enough that 100% on trophies is that big a deal that you'd buy more content you didn't like just so you can get them.... then you should probably try to at least enjoy MP, since it likely is going to stick around. OR you shouldn't buy a season pass since MP content is going to be part of it as long as MP exists.

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Why would you play a part of a game that you didn't like just for a digital trophy? Seems like you're just punishing yourself for it.

DinoSteve1
12-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Could they not have two different trophy sections? one for SP with a platinum and another for MP with its own platinum, I can see Littleweasel's point I don't enjoy MP either, and would still like to get all the trophies. When a game has MP I usually don't even bother with the trophies.

DetroitPlaya
12-22-2013, 09:58 PM
As I said multiple times in the past... If you truly only care about SP; why bother with trophies? If you care about trophies; then you should know MP is getting more and more included.

DinoSteve1
12-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Just because we don't like MP doesn't mean we don't like trophies, I honestly can't see why SP an MP trophies can't be separate. Those who enjoy SP will get there trophies and MP people will get both.

Littleweasel
12-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Why would you play a part of a game that you didn't like just for a digital trophy? Seems like you're just punishing yourself for it.

well for 1 i'm on the xbox which has achievements not trophies, and i don't hate all aspects of the mp i love wolfpack, i just despise the competative mp because im not a competative gamer.

i have been a fan of assassins creed since ac1 and tbh have never liked the competative mp in the game, i have got 100% on all of the from ac1 and want all my ac's to be 100%.

i just don't think by ubisoft throwing a character pack up with no new maps and have achievements/trophies for using the characters. i would be ok with it if they could all be achieved via wolfpack or competative but they always have competative achievements.

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Yes, but that's like saying just because I like food doesn't mean I like to cook it. The difference is, digital trophies aren't mandatory and if you're going to make such a huge fuss over how trophies shouldn't even exist for MP (not you steveeire, the OP) but yet force yourself to play it just for the trophies anyway and complain about it, then why bother with it?

You may like the end result or the reward, but if the journey sucks, what's the point? Especially for a little digital icon and some points

well for 1 i'm on the xbox which has achievements not trophies, and i don't hate all aspects of the mp i love wolfpack, i just despise the competative mp because im not a competative gamer.

i have been a fan of assassins creed since ac1 and tbh have never liked the competative mp in the game, i have got 100% on all of the from ac1 and want all my ac's to be 100%.

i just don't think by ubisoft throwing a character pack up with no new maps and have achievements/trophies for using the characters. i would be ok with it if they could all be achieved via wolfpack or competative but they always have competative achievements.

Okay, achievements. You did something on a video game and got a little icon for it. Cool.

Multiplayer is insanely popular now. There are people who will only play MP and never touch the SP. It's just something you're going to have to get use to, or learn to relax the OCD a little.

Littleweasel
12-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Just because we don't like MP doesn't mean we don't like trophies, I honestly can't see why SP an MP trophies can't be separate. Those who enjoy SP will get there trophies and MP people will get both.

as i said in another post i'm on the xbox which has achievements not trophies.

i don't see why ubisoft puts achievements/trophies for the mp anyways, in order to get true statistics of whether people play the game for the achievements/trophies or actually play it because they like it they can not have achievements/trophies to find that out. tbh i would like to find out the stats on that how many people actually play it because they like it or play it just for the achievements/trophies.
i for one only play the mp for the achievements definately not because i like it aside from wolfpack that is.

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2013, 10:11 PM
Jaysus. Achievements, trophies. Same stupid thing. Let that part go.

Littleweasel
12-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Yes, but that's like saying just because I like food doesn't mean I like to cook it. The difference is, digital trophies aren't mandatory and if you're going to make such a huge fuss over how trophies shouldn't even exist for MP (not you steveeire, the OP) but yet force yourself to play it just for the trophies anyway and complain about it, then why bother with it?

You may like the end result or the reward, but if the journey sucks, what's the point? Especially for a little digital icon and some points

Okay, achievements. You did something on a video game and got a little icon for it. Cool.

Multiplayer is insanely popular now. There are people who will only play MP and never touch the SP. It's just something you're going to have to get use to, or learn to relax the OCD a little.

as i have stated i don't play it for the *&^ trophies because im on xbox that has achievements, and it seems like you just like to argue since you have not once even stated anything that has to do what the original topic was about. maybe you should re-read the headline for this thread instead of continuing you babaling about mp achievements/trophies, let me help you out
what exactly is in the season pass? i get it ok you like the fact that the mp has achievements/trophies well allot of do not so either start your own thread about you point or post something that has to do with the original question instead of always wanting to start arguements in my threads. this is not the first time you have wanted to argue your point in threads i have either started or posted in.

Littleweasel
12-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Jaysus. Achievements, trophies. Same stupid thing. Let that part go.

well if you want to get technical achievements were around way before the trophies were.

DinoSteve1
12-22-2013, 10:26 PM
well if you want to get technical achievements were around way before the trophies were.

I agree with MnemonicSyntax in this instance. Does the WII have trophies/achievements?

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2013, 10:35 PM
as i have stated i don't play it for the *&^ trophies because im on xbox that has achievements, and it seems like you just like to argue since you have not once even stated anything that has to do what the original topic was about. maybe you should re-read the headline for this thread instead of continuing you babaling about mp achievements/trophies, let me help you out
what exactly is in the season pass?

i get it ok you like the fact that the mp has achievements/trophies well allot of do not so either start your own thread about you point or post something that has to do with the original question instead of always wanting to start arguements in my threads. this is not the first time you have wanted to argue your point in threads i have either started or posted in.

I don't even know who you are. You're not important enough for me to keep track of, so if I've posted this before, then your response must have not been worth any sort of merit.

Which, this isn't either. I asked about why would someone want to do something they didn't like for a trophy (SORRY, ACHIEVEMENT), it wasn't directed to you specifically, but you took it personal.

I'm not arguing with you either. You however are the only one complaining about having to do MP so you can get ACHIEVEMENTS. You say "a lot of us do not like achievements/trophies with MP" so you'd rather take them away, so you don't HAVE to do it because you have some form of OCD, then let the people who actually enjoy MP have some for themselves because there are many people (more than just you) who think that the MP should have them as well, primarily because they ONLY PLAY MP.

If you don't like something, don't do it. Don't take away from others who do like something just because you feel you have to get them because you think you have to get them.

You know what comes in the Season Pass. Don't buy it if you don't want to "deal" with MP trophies. Yes, that's right. TROPHIES.

I don't want to get technical! That's my point! They're the same damn thing, just called something different based on console! Nothing more!

DarktheMagister
12-22-2013, 10:38 PM
what exactly is in the season pass? i get it ok you like the fact that the mp has achievements/trophies well allot of do not so either start your own thread about you point or post something that has to do with the original question instead of always wanting to start arguements in my threads. this is not the first time you have wanted to argue your point in threads i have either started or posted in.

Your topic title question was answered in posts 2 and 3. The rest of the posts have been commentary on the opinion you chose to state after asking your question. Since it was in your original post it's still on topic if, as you say, we "want to get technical." I mean... that's kind of the point of an open forum....conversation.

I have to agree with Mnemonic in this instance... if you're unwilling to complete all parts of a game series for the 100%...then you probably shouldn't shoot for the 100%. And wanting them to make it easier for you to achieve that 100% just seems....lazy.

Black_Widow9
12-23-2013, 05:40 AM
You can always check the Stickies. We usually have all of the information or links to it. ;)
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/799719-Assassin’s-CreedŽ-IV-Black-Flag™-season-pass-and-Freedom-Cry-downloadable-content

And let's take it down a notch please.