PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft fix the broken weather system in Black Flag!

Crazybone992
12-21-2013, 09:24 PM
I've ran into several situations in Black Flag where I encounter never ending rain or never ending thunderstorms. This happens most often in Mariguana island, and finishing some missions may trigger it to happen too. The only way to make the rain stop is to exit to the main menu and reload my last save game or fast travel to a different location. I demand a patch for this! I'll never buy an Ubisoft game again if you don't release a patch.

Crazybone992
12-21-2013, 11:02 PM
I reported this to Ubi support. Though I doubt they'll do anything to help me. They have never given me an advice that actually helps. And since it's christmas, it's gonna take forever to even get a response from them. So, I'm stuck with a buggy game...

Crazybone992
12-29-2013, 08:24 PM
When are you going to release patch for single player mode Ubi? All the patches seem to fix issues in multiplayer mode, instead of single player. And the only reply I got from Ubi support was that "Thank you for reporting this. I have sent this through appropriate channels for processing." That's not a satisfying answer. This weather bug is extremely annoying!

MnemonicSyntax
12-29-2013, 08:48 PM
Wow. Weather. So wet. Long time. Meteorologist. So weather. Much rain.

pirate1802
12-29-2013, 08:54 PM
Man, you don't getit. Its obviously an intended effect. The consequences of visiting "marijuana" island.

MnemonicSyntax
12-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Some places just have more rain than others. This is by design, not a bug.

Frag_Maniac
12-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Why would anyone complain about one spot having scripted weather when so many major events in the game do? There's missions and forts with scripted weather. It's intended in order to force variety and challenge, and set up a certain mood for some missions, takeovers, etc.

The game also has a very good TOD cycle for most sandbox free roaming. It's timed well without overly short nights, and the lighting is pretty realistic compared to what you see in a lot of games that have TOD.

I'd also like to request that Ubi enforce thread type a bit better. There's simply too many technical problem claims made on the general discussion board. Half of them are legit I'm sure, but they still should be posted in the technical problems board.

Too many tech problem claims here just causes clutter, bickering, and animosity. General discussion is supposed to be for sharing experiences and opinions on the story, setting and gameplay, not airing out tech complaints.

strigoi1958
12-30-2013, 12:00 AM
I tend not to fast travel as I might miss something and I've sailed through storms over 15 minutes long (possibly shorter but not by much)... It may have been because I was looking for rogue waves and practising avoiding water spouts but I took that to be normal. I could have fast traveled away and back if I had wanted to avoid that storm but certain areas seem to generate storms more rapidly than others. Unless you're saying you've had storms for longer than 15 minutes I am not certain it is a fault sorry.

Chief_wiggums
12-30-2013, 06:18 AM
Some places just have more rain than others. This is by design, not a bug.

Yes, occasionally some areas are meant to trigger foul weather, usually when the campaign mission wants to set a mood, but what I've encountered are endless rough storms across the entire map with an occasional and instant transition into good weather for 10 seconds before returning to a storm. This continued for 45 minutes.

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 06:23 AM
I've had that too. Just gotta keep on running. Or sailing.