PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Get Killed More From Mis-Jumps Going For The Flag Than Naval Combat?

NeoMorph WTH
12-21-2013, 01:59 AM
It's bizarre. I battle the big ship and win, complete the combat on the decks, kill the captain and then just when it is all over I go for the flag and then Edward or Ade jump off the mast to deck instead of climbing upwards. SPLAT!

I was guessing it was my poor command of the controller but other AC fans I have talked to have mentioned the same thing. It's like right trigger + A sometimes decides to jump backwards instead of jump upward.

Kagurra
12-21-2013, 02:06 AM
Uh, no. You take the hook up and then it's a straight climb, or you use the double lined ropes you can walk on to get up there. No jumping involved whatsoever.

DinoSteve1
12-21-2013, 02:48 AM
Sometimes when I take the hook up for some reason Edward will let go before he gets to the top and he falls, its a kinda annoying glitch.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-21-2013, 03:15 AM
I did once because the running and climbing system took away a bit of control...all you had to do was hold R1 and press up to climb or runthrough trees, ropes, and on roof tops....attempting to take control (jumping) would always result in a fall and you can't always just press's o to grab as you FALL like in past games...a bit annoying, but I got used to it.

MnemonicSyntax
12-21-2013, 03:24 AM
If you're near a climbable object, you can press A/X and you're start the climb. Or, you can use the trigger and the joystick. In places were climbing is precarious, I just press A to get higher, and not touch the trigger, which will make you jump instead.

It's all context based. For example. if you're near a ledge, instead of using trigger to run and then jump off, just pull the trigger, don't move the joystick and press B/O and Edward will drop down to the nearest spot below. If you do that and keep the trigger squeezed, Edward will stay crouched down, and if you let it go a few seconds later, he stands up slowly like badass.

In fact, all characters you can control from 3/4 do this. It's pretty intuitive once you get the hang of it.

NeoMorph WTH
12-21-2013, 04:20 AM
It's definitely something I'm doing wrong because it's not on the MOW ships but is on the frigates. Until Kagurra mentioned the double lined ropes I had forgotten all about them. To make sure I don't faceplant into the deck I think I'm going to use them in future heh.

There was one time when Edward did a wierd jump then skipped off another spar and landed on the opposite mast like an acrobat. Considering that I wanted to take down the flag on the opposite mast it was like the game was going "NO.... NOT LETTING YOU WIN... NO!"