PDA

View Full Version : The purpose of the 'expansion' section in the dlc store?

barkatthemoon77
12-21-2013, 12:57 AM
Nothing seems to be here, or getting put here... So does anyone know the purpose of this?

Brick235
12-21-2013, 12:59 AM
It's there for future somethings. We'll just have to wait and see.

barkatthemoon77
12-21-2013, 01:01 AM
I assume it will forever be a great mystery? It must be for something extreme though, but what can you do with a guitar learning tool?

Marauder359
12-21-2013, 01:06 AM
Well, for RS1 an example of an expansion would've been the Bass Expansion. Who knows, maybe there's a lap steel expansion in the works... as he said, it's not a day one thing... as most expansions aren't.

barkatthemoon77
12-21-2013, 01:21 AM
Well it will certainly be interesting that's for sure, lap steel guitar seems very unlikely due to popularity though...
Maybe a pack for guitars with an uncommon amount of strings???

Marauder359
12-21-2013, 01:26 AM
I don't really think either is likely, but I think I'd wager there's more lap steel played in popular music of the last half century than 7 string guitar. But who knows. Electric banjo, anyone?

captin_qwark7
12-21-2013, 01:28 AM
Really? We had no idea! I'll get Fred on it right away.

OI! FRED!
Yeah?
Did you know theres an expansion section in the Rocksmith shop?
What? No way!
Yes way and theres absolutely nothing in there! Can you believe it?!
Thats crazy!
I know right! Think you can get it sorted?
Sure thing, I'm on it.

Good news, he's working on it.

barkatthemoon77
12-21-2013, 01:30 AM
Really? We had no idea! I'll get Fred on it right away.

OI! FRED!
Yeah?
Did you know theres an expansion section in the Rocksmith shop?
What? No way!
Yes way and theres absolutely nothing in there! Can you believe it?!
Thats crazy!
I know right! Think you can get it sorted?
Sure thing, I'm on it.

Good news, he's working on it.

This actually made me laugh... I'm just really wondering lately what it could be :(

captin_qwark7
12-21-2013, 01:45 AM
This actually made me laugh... I'm just really wondering lately what it could be :(

Have patience, young padawan. Knowing Rocksmith it will be something with mindblowingly epic proportions.

barkatthemoon77
12-21-2013, 01:51 AM
Have patience, young padawan. Knowing Rocksmith it will be something with mindblowingly epic proportions.

That's probably true tbh, i'm extremely excited about the possibilities here though.

captin_qwark7
12-21-2013, 02:05 AM
That's probably true tbh, i'm extremely excited about the possibilities here though.

Fred said you'll like it.

CodyGrand
12-21-2013, 04:33 AM
I would hope it's for a future Keyboard expansion :) A several songs in Rocksmith already have keyboards. Not alot of them have Electric banjo.....

rwooten100
12-22-2013, 05:00 AM
my first reaction in seeing that was that its just a placeholder, and more than likely, nothing will ever come of it..

Brick235
12-22-2013, 05:14 AM
Maybe they will introduce scored vocals as an expansion? Seeing how BF has it and so did RB. Doesn't entice me at all but I'm sure it would sell. Keyboard would work too. And then they'd just have to add drums. The possibilities are endless!

toymachinesh
12-22-2013, 07:11 AM
my first reaction in seeing that was that its just a placeholder, and more than likely, nothing will ever come of it..

Could you please elaborate what we may or may not see as far as expansions? Is is possible to get some ear training lessons? (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1qk987/we_are_the_ubisoft_dev_team_behind_rocksmith_2014/cddmgxw)
We're talking right now about what we can do to expand in the future - we're taking a look at the stats and usage then considering new ways to expand Rocksmith. More to come!

Phalaris99504
12-22-2013, 07:29 AM
It's for the new expansion we have coming out. I think it's going to be released sometime around mid April. It's for the new Theramin Expansion. I'm excited, as should the rest of you.

Theramin Smith - Coming April 2014.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3EPtUPcs8s

Phalaris

DanboCheese
12-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Could you please elaborate what we may or may not see as far as expansions? Is is possible to get some ear training lessons? (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1qk987/we_are_the_ubisoft_dev_team_behind_rocksmith_2014/cddmgxw)
We're talking right now about what we can do to expand in the future - we're taking a look at the stats and usage then considering new ways to expand Rocksmith. More to come!

I wonder how they're going to know from the stats and usage that there's a huge groundswell of support for the electric banjo expansion, when, sadly, they've left out the millions of electric banjo songs out there... :) So while I'm not going to hold out hope for that one, cool as it would be (we'll just have to stick to our electric banjitars [yes, it's a real thing]), I agree that scored vocals seems plausible and definitely a plus. I think it'll have to be a different interface than BF/RB, though, due to licensing/intellectual property issues. I'm hoping for something based on how people notate vocals in the real world (hint -- it's called notes...).

barkatthemoon77
12-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Vocals and drums would both be extremely brilliant add-ons/ actually learn everything then, it would be epic.

Squidlech
12-22-2013, 05:31 PM
I think it would be the wrong way to go, adding new instruments. It would segment the player-base, and would be an awful lot of work for them to go back and add new instrument charts to all the songs.

I'm guessing we'll get packs of new lessons and games, at the least. I"m really hoping for a set of games/lessons for learning music theory.

Might also get some expansions relating to session mode.

TonyFarkas
12-23-2013, 02:14 AM
cant wait for the guzheng expansion pack... maybe they will add new instruments to session mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO6sFdoklVU

TonyFarkas
12-23-2013, 02:21 AM
or with Japan being one of the big markets, how about adding Shamisen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5zdKWjo5h8

Brick235
12-23-2013, 02:45 AM
It's for the new expansion we have coming out. I think it's going to be released sometime around mid April. It's for the new Theramin Expansion. I'm excited, as should the rest of you.

Theramin Smith - Coming April 2014.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3EPtUPcs8s

Phalaris

That is the most bizarre thing. I don't think you could look more uncool playing any other instrument. :p

MajorLeeHigh
12-23-2013, 03:47 AM
I would love Music Theory lessons and Guitarcade games.

My guess is that if it is used it will be for gear packs, or possibly themed music packs for certain bands that want a expansion only option in order to let their music onto RS, instead of single songs.

TonyFarkas
12-23-2013, 10:19 AM
I would like to some type of 1 4 5 progression generator in session mode, where your band 1 4 5 with you.

Also add a trade off solos. where you play lead and trade off with a band member like a AI second guitar player or base or keyboard, you play rythem while they are doing a solo. then switch back. just like a real band.

A mini game that teaches the note names on the fret board.

display the entire chord progression in session mode so you can start and highlight the chord your on, and start highlighting the next chord so you know when the change is going to happen.

a setting in session mode that adjusts how fast the band stops playing, so you let them keep play and you can jump back in while taking a break in a solo with the band dropping out and having to pick up again.

maybe that can be in session mode 2.0

AGamingGuitaris
12-27-2013, 01:11 AM
How about some kind of recording studio? That'd be nice, Kind of like Garageband.

mrvega79
12-27-2013, 06:05 PM
I would like to some type of 1 4 5 progression generator in session mode, where your band 1 4 5 with you.

Isn't that the 12 Bar progression?

C.Linton
12-27-2013, 11:33 PM
Yes, it is.

RichTheMighty
12-28-2013, 01:03 AM
Slide guitar support?

pedietz
12-28-2013, 06:11 AM
My guess is this is how new features get added solving the whole "But I want my RS1 and RS2014 songs to work with the the new drums/keyboard/ukelelee/violin expansion". Without having to re-license everything and get sony and Steam etc to work miracles and convert the songs in the store.

I could see RS2015 and RS2016 simply be expansion modules. Its all in the 2014 shell to make the app stores happy.

serkantur
12-28-2013, 08:25 AM
I would love to see drums expansion. But I think it will be new guitarcade games, lessons etc.

Snake3169
12-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Been awhile since I posted here heh, but I'll tell you guys what I know about the expansion. Basically the game is HIGHLY moddable.. more than people think. I ASSUME.. that it will be a DLC expansion for a huge number of songs by one band.. plus you can DL equipment the band uses, fretboard inlays revlevant to the band and backgrounds/venues also to deal with the band.. all this is pretty interchangeable with Rocksmith 2014's new setup. Think of it as Guitar Hero Metallica.. only Rocksmith 2014 edition. instead of releasing a whole new game, they just are able to mod the game from DLC. Don't ask me how I know.. because I dont want to get banned :D

ancalimonungol
12-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Would be great if we get some kind of high functionality and quality midi drums expansion :)

flynlion
12-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Would be great if we get some kind of high functionality and quality midi drums expansion :)

Agree! Additional instruments or even general theory lessons would be cool. Of coarse, a drum expansion would mean setting up my kit in the living room again :p

Maladresse
12-29-2013, 03:02 AM
Since drums are my main instrument I'd love to see them added to Rocksmith. Rockband did a great job with them but I believe Rocksmith could take it to another level.

muscular_tiger
12-29-2013, 05:59 AM
I'm also guessing it's a super band dlc like metallica, acdc etc. Bands that are too big to just release 3 songs.

Ox1a4toke
01-05-2014, 12:59 AM
Oh, I'd go buy an electronic drum kit if they added that. I'm already looking for a bass. Keyboards would be cool too. Harmonica w/ a mic? Mandolin? 7-string and 12-string guitar? There is so much they could do with this. I know it's a game, but it's an incredible cool game. The potential with the concept is freakin huge.

CrazedRacer
01-05-2014, 01:27 AM
I'm also guessing it's a super band dlc like metallica, acdc etc. Bands that are too big to just release 3 songs.

That's what I figure... Seems like that may be a nice bridge for Ubi for some of the groups that Paul mentioned are hard to get because they were promised their "own" RB/GH games...

Banjomate
01-05-2014, 04:11 AM
I don't really think either is likely, but I think I'd wager there's more lap steel played in popular music of the last half century than 7 string guitar. But who knows. Electric banjo, anyone?

Yes, yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ox1a4toke
01-05-2014, 05:17 AM
Pedal Steel! I would love to learn how to play that. I know they are a fairly advanced instrument, with the leg levers and all. But with this tech, some great lessons could be made!

/trivia question: Who played pedal steel on Crosby Stills and Nash's "Teach Your Children Well" (no cheating on Google!)

jgrantham7
01-06-2014, 12:53 AM
How about the bagpipe expansion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO1bGlyHDNU

jgrantham7
01-06-2014, 12:56 AM
Cello expansion pack?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfGggAGITwg

LexarNoonan
01-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Cello expansion pack?
]

As the owner of an electric cello i would love this.

I suspect this section is where a tab plugin would go, if Bandfuse takes off or there;s a big enopugh demand for it.

Noticed electric ukuleles are only around 40 ;)

C.Linton
01-13-2014, 04:29 AM
Pedal Steel! I would love to learn how to play that. I know they are a fairly advanced instrument, with the leg levers and all. But with this tech, some great lessons could be made!

/trivia question: Who played pedal steel on Crosby Stills and Nash's "Teach Your Children Well" (no cheating on Google!)
IIRC, it was old "Nine Fingers" Jerry Garcia from the Grateful Dead.

guest205
01-14-2014, 02:25 AM
I think it will be the place to buy the 60 day challenge once it will come out of the free open beta phase :D

In principle I think I'd be inclined to buy expansions that would include new song-libraries, piano-support, maybe guitarcade games, and probably anything that expands on the virtues that Rocksmith already embodies.
Then again improvements to the core mechanics like riff-repeater etc should probably be free updates... still, having a really optimized pc-friendly interface for the song library for example with a search-bar, context-menus, no filter-cycling, creating playlists (spotify-like)... I'd pay extra for that, but it's not going to happen, and it wouldn't be a good precedent either ;)

In any case I'm definitely interested in what the devs have planed for this.

C.Linton
01-14-2014, 02:34 AM
I really think it's just a place holder, a "just in case" situation, and they don't really have any solid plans for anything yet.

choaralone
01-14-2014, 05:23 AM
I'm surprised no one has said vocals yet. It would be the most logical and with the widest range of interest and most affordable point of entry for an instrument expansion. Mica are cheap, drum kits not so much.

toymachinesh
01-14-2014, 11:50 AM
Vocal charting is a waste of time, people will just complain it's not like Rock Band.

DanboCheese
01-16-2014, 07:55 AM
Vocal charting is a waste of time, people will just complain it's not like Rock Band.
Well, I agree that people will complain, but when do people not complain? I disagree with the writer above who says no one has said vocals yet. Lots of people have said that (not in this thread perhaps?). I do agree with choaralone that vocals should be a high priority, though. Much easier to sell my family at least on spending a lot of time playing the game if they can sing with it and get a game experience too. Lots more people can sing than can play guitar, and lots more people *want* to sing than want to play the guitar, at least in my experience (but I do live in the land of the show choir). Vocals, then midi instruments (drums, keyboards), that would be my vote.

Ox1a4toke
01-17-2014, 04:26 AM
IIRC, it was old "Nine Fingers" Jerry Garcia from the Grateful Dead.

You are correct. He'd just picked it up a month or so before. Amazing...

toymachinesh
01-17-2014, 04:30 AM
Well, I agree that people will complain, but when do people not complain? I disagree with the writer above who says no one has said vocals yet. Lots of people have said that (not in this thread perhaps?). I do agree with choaralone that vocals should be a high priority, though. Much easier to sell my family at least on spending a lot of time playing the game if they can sing with it and get a game experience too. Lots more people can sing than can play guitar, and lots more people *want* to sing than want to play the guitar, at least in my experience (but I do live in the land of the show choir). Vocals, then midi instruments (drums, keyboards), that would be my vote.

I'm just trying to think where they would even shoe horn a vocal chart in the interface...

DanboCheese
01-17-2014, 06:49 AM
I'm just trying to think where they would even shoe horn a vocal chart in the interface...
Yeah, that's pretty much the problem with *any* instrument expansion, and why we'll probably never get one. I think either a RockBand-style wiggly line or bouncing-ball-on-treble-staff type could fit up at the top without too much problem, though. Especially if you're not also having two guitarists (I know, they would have to support that, though), and if you don't try to support harmony.

C.Linton
01-17-2014, 09:22 PM
Yup, he was amazing on the pedal steel. Played it beautifully.

guitarman529
01-20-2014, 05:19 PM
i am thinking it could be for keyboard and/or vocals. I would love to see drums but that would probably take awhile to get it right with the different types of snare sounds and cymbol sounds.

ThePresident777
01-20-2014, 11:21 PM
Wii Air Guitar expansion, sadly.

serkantur
01-26-2014, 01:04 PM
An expansion for justinguitar.com would be great both for ubi and justin. A win win situation.justin has thousands of followers. An expansion consists of lessons exercises and songs that he teaches on his web site would be great. Like interactive version of his website.