PDA

View Full Version : DLC Tunings

flynlion
12-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Is there any way to know if a DLC song has a non-standard tuning before you buy it? I don't mind re-tuning once in a while, but I still find myself choosing non-standard songs less often just 'cause I don't feel like messing with it at the moment.

I'm also not a big fan of the 2014 tuner but that's a subject for another thread LoL :p

MAng0r3
12-20-2013, 06:15 PM
You can sort them by tuning. Wont work with packs tough.

Kynlore
12-20-2013, 06:21 PM
Not really. It's something I'd like to know, but I suppose wouldn't affect my purchases in the end. There are enough songs with alternate tunings that I can construct a session composed of songs in Eb or Drop-D.

dm_gsxr
12-20-2013, 06:52 PM
Not really. It's something I'd like to know, but I suppose wouldn't affect my purchases in the end. There are enough songs with alternate tunings that I can construct a session composed of songs in Eb or Drop-D.

Yea, pretty much what I did. Sort by tuning and then just play those songs.

Carl

flynlion
12-20-2013, 07:20 PM
You can sort them by tuning. Wont work with packs tough.

Before you buy them?

Marauder359
12-20-2013, 08:05 PM
Before you buy them?

I think so... I'm not sure, but in the song menu you can definitely change the sort... Whether tuning is one of those options, I can't say, but if he says it, it's probably accurate, I just never noticed.

toymachinesh
12-20-2013, 09:17 PM
http://www.theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-2014-setlist/rocksmith-2014-tunings/

I'm keeping this updated and you can sort it by all the headings

Duggle-SD
12-20-2013, 09:31 PM
I buy the songs that I like regardless of tuning. But for ease of playing fun, in the non-stop play mode, when checking the songs I wanted to be included I sorted by tuning and only selected songs in standard E tuning. That way I can play on and on without doing any tuning. When I want to play a non-standard tuned song I'll just go to it in "learn a song" mode.

eevilways
12-20-2013, 09:42 PM
I buy mine on Steam and if you look at the screenshots they always have one on there at least showing the song and the tuning it's in. I actually do check that some times to see if songs aren't E standard if I don't feel like a specific tuning at the time.

flynlion
12-20-2013, 10:01 PM
http://www.theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-2014-setlist/rocksmith-2014-tunings/

I'm keeping this updated and you can sort it by all the headings

Thanks Toymachinesch that's exactly what i was looking for :) I'll probably still buy the songs I like but at least now there's no surprises.