PDA

View Full Version : AC4 control problem

cesaralexis23
12-20-2013, 06:43 AM
Hello there again I need some help with AC4 for PC well this is the deal when Im playing I cant use the mouse direction while Im walking I have to stop to control the camera and its very dificult to run or chase without the movement of the mouse camera direction and this also happend on the sea I have to stop using the directon arrows to move the mouse camera how can I fix this problem...
Thanks alot for your help.

Frag_Maniac
12-20-2013, 06:56 AM
Direction "arrows"? By default the ship and character movement is bound to W,A,S,D, and arrows are bound to camera panning, essentially making them keys to mimic mouse movement. In this game the arrows are also a quick way to select which ship weapons you use because you have to be facing forward, left, right, or back to use each one.

If you want to move Edward and the ship via the arrow keys without affecting mouse look, you need to go into the controls menu and rebind W,A,S,D to ^,<,v,>.

cesaralexis23
12-20-2013, 07:43 AM
Yhea actually I did that becuase its very dificult to my to move Edward with W S D A keys now it doesnt matter if I use those buttons or the keys the deal is that I cant use them at the same time that the mouse direction cammera for example if I am running or walking using W S D A to give directions I cant move the mouse cammera angle I have to stop using W S A D and then I can move the mouse only when I dont use the other keys and its really dificult to play like this.
Thanks man.

strigoi1958
12-20-2013, 11:42 AM
are you saying that you want to run or sail in one direction and look in another direction at the same time ? If yes then you can hold down the sideways key (a or d for me or < > for you) or hold the downwards key "s" or "v" and edward will run to the side while you view over his shoulder or run towards you as you look behind him. with the ship, once it is moving either the mouse or the direction keys will pan around.
If you are saying you have used bind to change wasd to ^<v> but it also pans as you turn then I'm stuck.
You might try going back to wasd and you won't find a better explaination of controls than the one frag has outlined.

DocHoliday69
12-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Keep in mind if you rebind the keys to the arrow key you need to rebind the camera keys accordingly if they don't do it automatically. If you don't know what they should be go back to default settings and write down what they should be.So the up arrow camera view would be bound to the W key and so on. I would think it should be done by itself but don't know. Also if you have a controller connected unplug it, these games don't work well with a controller connected and at the same time using a keyboard and mouse.

cesaralexis23
12-20-2013, 11:38 PM
Yeah thats what I am saying the first think you propusse Run in one direction but see to 360 degrees at the same time do the both things at the same time or walk in one direction and and move the cammera to another direction seems to be that pressing the C key the problem is fixed but when I dont press nothing and then I start walking again the problem persist I can walk moving edward but I cant move the cammera at the same time I have to press C key and after a couple of moments finaly I can do both things so could you tell me what can I do to finaly end with this mess?
Thanks again man.

cesaralexis23
12-20-2013, 11:44 PM
Yes of course I notice that I rebhind the keys and all works fine except this check: Im waliking but while Im walking I cant move the mouse to see at 360 degrees so I have to stop edward and finaly I can move the mouse camera if I dont compleatley stop I cant move the mouse camera.
now I notice another thing: seems the problem can be fixed by a moment if I am running or walking and I press C key to center the camera after a couple of moments I can use the walking keys and the camera mouse both at the same time but just pressing C button so could you help me to finaly fix this mess?
Thanks for your help.

strigoi1958
12-21-2013, 12:05 AM
if you want to look round while you are running or walking then I don't think it can be done as edward will always go in the direction the mouse or camera moves. You can only pan around when stood still (I believe). I think you should go back to the default key settings and if you can do what you want.... then rebind the keys from wasd to ^<v> but also do as docholiday69 said and rebind the arrow keys... you may have a conflict if the arrow keys are assigned to do 2 different things but usually it just unassigns the key you have chosen.

strigoi1958
12-21-2013, 12:06 AM
while sailing at the fastest speed you can pan around with the mouse

cesaralexis23
12-21-2013, 05:41 AM
Hello there man thanks for your help finaly I discover what happend I update windows and after that I got that problem not just on AC4 it was on any game I had so it was a problem about the mouse Synaptics problem because the update turn very low the sensitive touch of the mouse so what I did it was to increese a little bit the sensitive of the mouse and the touch pad performance so I make this:
Synaptic Options > Device Settings > Pointing > Sensitivity > PalmCheck > Slide the bar all the way to the left > Click OK

I just want to thank you for you help and advices and I let you know the way to fix this problem in case anyone could get it.

Thanks again man.

strigoi1958
12-21-2013, 02:09 PM
glad you fixed it. happy gaming :D