PDA

View Full Version : whats the levels order of enemy big ships?

ddr the doc
12-20-2013, 01:36 AM
I have not paid close attention to how many levels each enemy ship has. I know just this order 4 sure brigs 17 & 20. OK hold on does each class have 3 different levels? man o war I have seen level 36 in the game and 60 on youtube. Is there only level 36 and 60 man o wars or is there a middle level? (Like 40 something) Frigates I know 23 and 29 4 sure. I need to know do ya need a 60 to do higher than 70 cargo in the fleet mini game? Also where can I find a level 60 to sneak aboard it and take it without battling it? I seen this done on youtube but the uploader didn't show the map location. IGN also says you can do this tactic but now where.

MinoDan
12-20-2013, 07:25 AM
I always assumed the Level of the ship is dependent of your Jackdaw upgrade status.

The Lvl 60 Man-of-Wars should spawn in the south-west region of the map.
If I'm not mistaken that part of the map is titled HARD.

phoenix-force411
12-20-2013, 07:30 AM
There are level 36-49 Man O' Wars roaming in the HARD regions(LOL), and level 60s as Hunter Man O'Wars(they offer the best names and stats). Level 75s are Legendary ships.

MinoDan
12-20-2013, 07:32 AM
There are level 36-49 Man O' Wars roaming in the HARD regions(LOL), and level 60s as Hunter Man O'Wars(they offer the best names and stats). Level 75s are Legendary ships.

There are Hunter Man-of-Wars?!
I never saw any. Cool.

Legendary Ships are not salvagable though.
But the special reward for destroying them all is neat.

DarktheMagister
12-20-2013, 07:40 AM
I never saw any. Cool.

They appear when you have 4 Red X's.

phoenix-force411
12-20-2013, 07:43 AM
I never saw any. Cool.

What @DarktheMagister said. You need level 4 notoriety for them to appear. When you are at level 4, you will have only a Frigate and a Man O' War after you only. They are incredibly strong, so don't take them too lightly

thewhitestig
12-20-2013, 01:36 PM
There is a level 60 galleon docked in New Bone, on the southern part of the island. It's located between Misteriosa and Isla Providencia. The whole area is restricted when you approach it by ship, and if you swim to the galleon they'll shoot you down with swivels. Be sure to swim to the island first, synchronize a viewpoint and then approach the ship from land. You'll still need to swim underwater because they'll shoot you otherwise.
Btw I use this tactic of infiltrating enemy ships, because I don't enjoy sea battles at all. For smaller ships it's pointless, but for larger vessels it's really cool to sneak up on there and stealth assassinate everybody.

DarktheMagister
12-20-2013, 01:44 PM
There is a level 60 galleon docked in New Bone, on the southern part of the island. It's located between Misteriosa and Isla Providencia. The whole area is restricted when you approach it by ship, and if you swim to the galleon they'll shoot you down with swivels. Be sure to swim to the island first, synchronize a viewpoint and then approach the ship from land. You'll still need to swim underwater because they'll shoot you otherwise.
Btw I use this tactic of infiltrating enemy ships, because I don't enjoy sea battles at all. For smaller ships it's pointless, but for larger vessels it's really cool to sneak up on there and stealth assassinate everybody.

LOL I did this too.

ddr the doc
12-20-2013, 10:35 PM
Thanks for all the info so you never see 60 s roaming it 36 & 49s. Yea so I need that 49 roaming man o war to do the 80 cargo missions in the fleet mini game. you get gold pistol for completing all navy contracts that's fleet mini game right? because I have been rewarded with the ruby wheel and a nice set of sails.

creamofpayne
12-21-2013, 12:55 AM
The highest levels I've seen are level 25 for brigs, 39 (I think) for Frigates, and 60 for MoWs (not counting Legendary ofc). Haven't bothered identifying schooners.