PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Game won't detect microphone

Roraylenn
12-20-2013, 01:28 AM
I haven't seen any threads about it, but if there is one that addresses my issue, please redirect me. I made a post in the general issues thread because the forums were not allowing me to make a new thread about this last time I tried

I've noticed for both RS and RS2014, enabling microphone has not provided any actual list of devices to choose from. I don't know if there's a way to pick and choose, because my USB headset microphone is otherwise not working, specifically within RS2014 (even in the first one, it didn't). I've tried other solutions such as disabling it so it wasn't being simultaneously used by Windows as well (kinda like when you disable sound devices in certain DAWs when MS GS Wavetable Synth is hogging your output), but that didn't do the trick either. Even small, remedial things like unplugging and re-plugging the mic in, trying a different USB port, any combination of those, while enabling and disabling and re-enabling the microphone setting in-game, as well as restarting the game after turning it on. No dice. Is there something I'm missing?

I'm using just a simple Plantronics USB headset
Running RS2014 (Steam) on Win7x64 with an onboard Intel soundcard, IIRC

RokDog007
12-20-2013, 03:05 AM
my turtle beach PX'5's work fine if I'm only hooked up to my lap top
but if I use and HDMI out line to send a A/V signal to my 60" Vizio or Home Theater it quits working
most likely because of sound card limitations

Roraylenn
12-20-2013, 09:07 AM
my turtle beach PX'5's work fine if I'm only hooked up to my lap top
but if I use and HDMI out line to send a A/V signal to my 60" Vizio or Home Theater it quits working
most likely because of sound card limitations

Well it seems to me like it's the issue of it not finding the microphone. If every other program I use can find the device, what is it about how Rocksmith identifies USB microphones that I need to know in order to make it find and select mine? I don't use an HDMI out to send an A/V signal out; all of it's either direct sound plugged into my computer, or my USB headset