PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Cry is Better Than the Main Game - SEQUEL PLEASE!

RinoTheBouncer
12-19-2013, 06:00 PM
I just finished Freedom Cry. It took me about 6-7 hours to achieve 100% synchronization. It was totally epic!
I enjoyed every bit of the gameplay, the story, the new mechanics and weapons, the characters, the side missions, the improvements in visiting islands and just everything about it. What I loved is that the game was enjoyable, long, entertaining and also wasn’t really frustrating in terms of a 100% completion nor in making money and gaining resources for upgrades. It was good, fun, smart, deep and though it doesn’t have much to do with the Assassins themselves, it’s still good enough as a game of it’s own.

I felt like it’s missions or somewhere between ACIII and ACIV, main game. Gladly, the naval segments weren’t very major and the game was more about exploring, learning about the story and characters than just showing off a new mechanism.

I really hope they give Adewalé another DLC or a full game. He could travel somewhere to Africa where Eden used to be and do some researches and all, that would be epic and he’s definitely a likable character with deep morals and kindness as well. He is brutal but also a human being, not a monster nor a killing machine.

5/5 Stars

MinoDan
12-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Loved "Freedom Cry" too but it was not better than "Black Flag" by far.

The upgrade system is way too easy.
Once I got my ship I just waited for 4 to 5 Slave Ships to spawn and got all of the Upgrades in less than 2 hours.

The Tailing stuff and especially the ACI inspired Investigation mission was an utter disaster (way to much happening on screen to concentrate on the actual conversation).
And that FULL SYNCH on the final mission felt like sheer luck to achieve (throwback to "Chasing Lee" pre-patch).

Storywise the whole Expedtion thing was weird filler material. Other than that the story and characters were great though.

Charles_Phipps
12-19-2013, 09:08 PM
The game was way too bleak and gut-wrenching for me.

I'd hate to do it again.

It was very moving but just too sad.