PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Siege of Charles Town mission

jyzurp
12-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Wondering what I'm not doing right.... siege of Charles towne mission in AC Black Flag. After following the gun boat through the swamp and after disabling the alarm bell. I follow the ship till it stops up ahead of me. On my game nothing happens at this point. I've tried waiting there for up to 10 min. I've tried going around another way. I've tried attacking the ship in following. Nothing happens. I'm either detected and desynced or I wait and nothing happens. I've watched numerous walk through abd on all of them shortly after the gun boat stops a crew member says "they're leaving captain" at which point the player is allowed to release the wheel and leave the ship. This does not happen for me. Any ideas??

Charles_Phipps
12-19-2013, 05:44 PM
It's a very very hard level as the damn alligators and guards make the path for travel very difficult.

Desynchronizing is very easy.

AngryRaisin
12-19-2013, 06:46 PM
That sounds odd. Is there a chance you're not in the right place yet?

tibor b
01-02-2014, 12:10 AM
I am playing Black Flag on XBOX ONE and I cannot seem to be able to get into the fast running as I used to be able on previous AC versions. On all chases I am basically just doing the slow run and have to rely on the bad guy stopping at the end. Kind of frustrating but was able to get through the game until I got to the Siege of Charles Towne level where the bad guy never stops and I simply cannot catch up with him.

I am running by holding RT + A. Holding A used to make me fast run in older AC versions but seems to make no difference for me this time. Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

I made a video with one of my best runs here:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=6BAA1EF586B67F9!106&authkey=!ANY3DJLytCRXIiU&ithint=video%2c.mp4

:confused:

mikeyf1999
01-02-2014, 12:12 AM
Since aC3 you have to hold down the right trigger/R one-button

tibor b
01-02-2014, 12:16 AM
I tried RT only but still runs the same way.

I got used to RT+A with the first AC games :(. Holding A as well does not seem to do anything most of the time so I usually hold it down out of habit.

MnemonicSyntax
01-02-2014, 12:20 AM
Then your controller is busted or you need replacement batteries. The amount of pressure you put on the trigger is dependent on the run speed. Squeeze it a little, you'll get the jog you're doing. Squeeze it a lot, and he'll full blown sprint.

Avoid holding A too.

tibor b
01-02-2014, 12:30 AM
Hm... You may be onto something here but I find it hard to believe the controller is broken, I just got the console. Sometimes if I jam RT quickly and then he doesn`t run at all, just walks until I release RT and press it again. So maybe if I try pressing RT slowly he will run like he is supposed to but I think I already tried that...

aL_____eX
01-02-2014, 12:35 AM
That's definitely not how it's supposed to be. If you have the chance, try using a different controller. And with what you mentioned in your last post, that has to be a problem with the trigger. Fastrunning has changed in ACIV so you don't need any button but the trigger to control your speed of running. For next gen, they turned it to the shoulder buttons, so you can regulate your speed even more.

mikeyf1999
01-02-2014, 12:37 AM
It is probably just a controller

tibor b
01-02-2014, 03:30 AM
Thanks for all who replied :)

It turns out the brand new shiny xbox one controller is broken. I cannot tell what the game sees in AC4 but I tried it in Forza 5 where it shows how much the triggers are pressed during a race and the RT only goes to about 75% while LT goes all the way. I made a small video if somebody wants to see what this looks like in Forza 5.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=6BAA1EF586B67F9!107&authkey=!AIPyrKt9zYftXaA&ithint=video%2c.mp4

I am now trying to file a warranty replacement order with Microsoft but their online support is currently broken. :(

tibor b
01-02-2014, 03:33 AM
This also means I'm stuck in AC4 until I get a new controller.:(

phoenix-force411
01-02-2014, 09:08 AM
This trigger thing only applies to Xbox360/One and PS4 controllers only. Not PS3 and PC Keyboards.

MnemonicSyntax
01-02-2014, 09:32 AM
This trigger thing only applies to Xbox360/One and PS4 controllers only. Not PS3 and PC Keyboards.

Since he's on XB1, it's safe to say it applies here.

phoenix-force411
01-02-2014, 09:40 AM
Since he's on XB1, it's safe to say it applies here.
Not sure if PC Keyboard players can jog, but PS3 can jog. PS3 just can't slow run on trees, which is very sad. Why didn't they change the PS3 controller configs. to the other controllers as well. Ubi-Valentine said that the devs wanted all of the platforms to share the same controller layouts......but why leave PS3 out of it?

gbishop524
06-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Bought the game for my son and he was really excited, until this sequence. That was $60 well spent. So I decided to try the game and loved it. I was really enjoying it until the captain chase in charles towne. Only one path to complete it and the tiniest of mistakes and start all over. I see why my son quit playing. What a major fun suck that is. I've watched the videos on you tube to beat the sequence but still can't catch him. not sure I'll ever but a ubisoft game again. There is nothing more disappointing that putting that kind of time into a game, a game for crying out loud, and being stuck like that.Horrible, absolutely horrible.

Bought the game for my son and he was really excited, until this sequence. That was $60 well spent. So I decided to try the game and loved it. I was really enjoying it until the captain chase in charles towne. Only one path to complete it and the tiniest of mistakes and start all over. I see why my son quit playing. What a major fun suck that is. I've watched the videos on you tube to beat the sequence but still can't catch him. not sure I'll ever but a ubisoft game again. There is nothing more disappointing that putting that kind of time into a game, a game for crying out loud, and being stuck like that.Horrible, absolutely horrible.

Aphex_Tim
06-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Not sure I'll ever but a ubisoft game again.

Why do people always say stuff like this? Just because a certain mission in a game is a little tough, doesn't mean that every other game by that company automatically sucks....

Also, the Charles Towne chase is perfectly doable. Most of the time it's quite obvious where you need to run and if you can't seem to get past guards, you can always just tackle them and you'll automatically do a forward roll and keep running.

Prid95
03-01-2016, 01:03 AM
Wondering what I'm not doing right.... siege of Charles towne mission in AC Black Flag. After following the gun boat through the swamp and after disabling the alarm bell. I follow the ship till it stops up ahead of me. On my game nothing happens at this point. I've tried waiting there for up to 10 min. I've tried going around another way. I've tried attacking the ship in following. Nothing happens. I'm either detected and desynced or I wait and nothing happens. I've watched numerous walk through abd on all of them shortly after the gun boat stops a crew member says "they're leaving captain" at which point the player is allowed to release the wheel and leave the ship. This does not happen for me. Any ideas??

Im having the same problem.. Any advice?