PDA

View Full Version : YES!!!! I managed to restore my saved game!

emilyano17
12-19-2013, 02:07 PM
I will write what I did and I hope it will help you.
I actually illustrated to get to this solution.

in the ubisoft game launcher folder, go to savegames-> random numbers-> and the there should be a folder with a number, I have the number 273.
Create a new folder and copy the files from the folder with the number (273) to the new folder, then delete the folder with the number (273).

start the game, and then change something in the setting, it does not matter what, all it need to do is save something.
Exit the game and go again to the ubisoft game launcher folder, savegames-> random numbers, t a folder with the number should appear again (it was 273 again for me).

then copy the file from the new folder that you created (original 273 files) and copy them to the new 273 folder that was created.

and that's it, I entered the game and my saved game appeared.

I hope this will help you!! If you have any question or you didn't understand one of the steps please ask !

PhazeDelta1
12-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Didn't work for me.

Sdwakias
12-19-2013, 03:46 PM
I don't know what the problem was for you in the beginning, but for me it is that UPlay doesn't download ACIV's saves (at least for me) from the cloud... :(

emilyano17
12-19-2013, 11:24 PM
I don't know what the problem was for you in the beginning, but for me it is that UPlay doesn't download ACIV's saves (at least for me) from the cloud... :(

My problem was that the game didnt see my saved game, it wanted me to start a new game, and I thought my saved files were gone, but the I checked and the saved files were in the ubisoft folder but the game wasnt able to see the files and I wrote in the thread how I fixed it.

strigoi1958
12-20-2013, 12:32 AM
I am probably wrong but I thought when uplay "sync-ed" it compared cloud saves with hard drive saves and so this should work if that is the case. I thought that because when my ISP was down I played AC3 and when I got back online it asked did I want to use the cloud 42% complete or the hard drive save 48% complete and I sync-ed with the hard drive save. Of course some of the hard drive saves may not be as far into the story as you'd like but if it works, anything is better than nothing

Kaldire
12-20-2013, 04:57 AM
the saves are gone,
this solution would only work if u had the backup saves on ur drive as said
basically u had a backup the whole time u just didnt know it

me, and many others, have only 1 save file now, thats for MP, 1.save and 1.savemeta are for MP only 2.save 3.save 4.save are SP

these have been confirmed to be erased no rollbacks no backups they just wiped the servers not us.. them
and now its our fault that they did that and we didnt backup

pm me all
this isnt a fix for what happened unless u count backing up the fix for the wipe on their end

emilyano17
12-20-2013, 03:24 PM
the saves are gone,
this solution would only work if u had the backup saves on ur drive as said
basically u had a backup the whole time u just didnt know it

me, and many others, have only 1 save file now, thats for MP, 1.save and 1.savemeta are for MP only 2.save 3.save 4.save are SP

these have been confirmed to be erased no rollbacks no backups they just wiped the servers not us.. them
and now its our fault that they did that and we didnt backup

pm me all
this isnt a fix for what happened unless u count backing up the fix for the wipe on their end

I didnt back up anything I guess by default it somehow saved it. I dont get it why the game did not see the files at the first place....

I hope all of you get your saves back somehow...