PDA

View Full Version : How you download save from cloud

Hody99
12-19-2013, 09:34 AM
How you download save from cloud? I just formated my pc and reinstall windows. When i open ac4, i dont see syncing with cloud and my i dont have any save. Was at 100% :(

Black_Echo
12-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Usually it should be automatic when you start the game, but this is Uplay and everytihng is possible.
Since i lost my HAWX2 saves twice with sync cloud enabled i'm doing my own cloud by backing up my progress after every game.

burtie80
12-19-2013, 08:21 PM
It would have synced and downloaded automatically if Ubi had not decided to turn of the cloud sync feature while they "enhance its performance".
Problem is people are not sure if the cloud save data has been deleted. Some people have had their game progress go "back in time" to an earlier save, others have no save at all... :(

UbiVolfbane
12-20-2013, 07:04 PM
The cloud sync is temporarily disabled. If you have not tried doing so, please check the information here: https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGmCAI
With the Cloud Sync being disabled for AC4, we highly suggest you click the FAQ for info on how to back up your local saves.
We are working with the AC and Uplay teams about this issue as we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Nervous_Smyte
12-20-2013, 11:50 PM
Oh that's really nice....
Did a fresh install of windows yesterday, now i thought i gonna play some AC4 and use my "awesome" cloud save(put about 60 hrs. into it) and i can't do s*** the whole weekend.
Thumbs up ubisoft you dissapointed again.....

BTW is there a small chance to get a save file sent by you guys?
Guess not....
Never had awesome problems like this on steam *cough*....

JohnnyNM
12-21-2013, 02:15 PM
I have exactly the same problem. I even tried to recover the save files after format, but they don't seem to be working.

Can you guys just tell us if the saves we got on the cloud before it was disabled will be available for us when the cloud goes back again? If yes, what shouldn't we do? I can imagine starting a new game on the same save slot is reckless to say the least, but starting it on any other should be ok?

If the saves are gone, please tell it straight away...

PS. You really should've added an option to download the saves from the cloud manually somehow.

Nervous_Smyte
12-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Yeah a small reply would be nice, even if it is just: your saves are gone...

Sdwakias
12-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Oh that's really nice....
Did a fresh install of windows yesterday, now i thought i gonna play some AC4 and use my "awesome" cloud save(put about 60 hrs. into it) and i can't do s*** the whole weekend.
Thumbs up ubisoft you dissapointed again.....

BTW is there a small chance to get a save file sent by you guys?
Guess not....
Never had awesome problems like this on steam *cough*....

Did you have to come up with the unoriginal, pathetic, and totally untrue "I never had this problem on Steam?"? As a 12 years user of Steam, I can tell you that Steam was far worse when it first was created. The cloud didn't exist, and most of the client was bugged. It took years to master and to become what Steam is now, not just a few months or one or two years, but WHOLE yearS. So cut it out, it is really pathetic.

Also, I as well lost my save because of that, but you know what? It is OUR fault. We could have saved the saves and we would be fine. It would just need a little research. Now I am starting the game all over again, but I don't mind that much, because I get to play it again.

Nervous_Smyte
12-21-2013, 09:33 PM
I wish i could write that here in my main language would make it more easy....
It's our fault to trust into a cloud save function that get's taken away one day to another? Maybe it's your fault to forgive that bad move that easy...
I can only talk about those 10 years i'm on steam now... I didn't miss the cloud save function when it didn't exist(And yeah i manually backed up saves then), but if a service offers a function for free and i can't trust into it that let's a bad taste in my mouth.... It's not the first problem i had with uplay besides of that.....
So what's all that stuff you bring up is about? That i compare two out of three big services? That the one service does it better? You can't say it's unfair to compare them both cause steam is like 10 years more in the game, as someone who has to take care about stuff the whole process was more like copy paste and theme it a little bit different.

I still don't get how you can say it's our fault .... that makes me go insane..... How can people be so ignorant...
A company that offers a service like a cloud function to backup your saves automaticly makes no freaking sense if i have to back them up also....
So what's the point here sir? I really don't get it.....

Hody99
12-22-2013, 05:28 AM
The cloud sync is temporarily disabled. If you have not tried doing so, please check the information here: https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGmCAI
With the Cloud Sync being disabled for AC4, we highly suggest you click the FAQ for info on how to back up your local saves.
We are working with the AC and Uplay teams about this issue as we appreciate your patience and understanding.

How long will it take ?

jayman1000000
01-14-2014, 07:00 PM
**** you Ubisoft. Just lost more than 20 hours gameplay. Game crashes because, you know, this buggy crap software keeps ****ing crashing every half an hour. In one of those crashes save got corrupted. And Ubisoft decided to stop cloud save, thats just great. How the **** are we supposed to know you disabled Cloud saving?? I have absolutely NO understanding for Ubisoft. I honestly feel Im done with the Assassins Creed series and Ubisoft. Sadly, cause I actually enjoyed Black Flag, but I am not gonna do all that **** again, sorry.

cheesepufflover
05-10-2014, 03:26 PM
Does anyone know when the cloud save is going to be reinstated, if ever.

AmaZim2
05-10-2014, 05:28 PM
You should have done a backup-save after ever (half) hour of gameplay...to make sure you won't lose anything important...just like I did...
After all previous AC games, now I know how to handle Ubi...