PDA

View Full Version : Longer Leap-Of-Faith & assassination direct from viewpoint using wing-suit-SUGGESTION

Badurda
12-19-2013, 07:24 AM
http://https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-f.ak/hphotos-ak-prn2/1470090_631298533596592_1802169726_n.jpg https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-f.ak/hphotos-ak-prn2/1470090_631298533596592_1802169726_n.jpg
Hey Ubisoft and Team Assassin's Creed, I'm with another suggestion for the sequel of Assassin's Creed, no concept regarding story this time, only a technical modification regarding the Leap of faith. Players are already getting tired of L.O.F to locations just below their view-point, what I want to say is- they are assassin's, not god-damned apple falling from tree due to gravity, they should be given options while L.O.F to choose haystacks/water situated over a little distance, a wing-suit(not the modern one) may help doing this, in the drawing I've tried to explain this. Just please concentrate on this, it will be superv. Players will also be able to assassinate direct from viewpoints using the wing-suit, that will be fun. For instance Pyramid or think of The Taj Mahal, which have no hay-stack suitable location near it ,but has a river named Yamuna just behind it, imagine the experience of L.O.F from the Taj into Yamuna using the Wing-Suit... Take care, regards..

MnemonicSyntax
12-19-2013, 07:30 AM
I've never seen anyone "complain" about a Leap of Faith. The purpose is to get up, synch and get down.

I can't click on the link because there's some sort of error.

Regardless, this seems much like the parachutes from Brotherhood and Revs. While I wouldn't mind having them back, it would need to fit the period and situation, and really not so ideal to do from a Leap of Faith position.

LoyalACFan
12-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Well, Ezio had a parachute. I think that's functionally similar to what you're suggesting. Basically just extending the fall across a greater distance.

Edit- Dammit, beat me to it, Syntax :p

Kagurra
12-19-2013, 07:34 AM
Well considering what we know about AC5 and that it's likely to be in China, I can imagine a parachute being used. It seems like it fits the setting...

MnemonicSyntax
12-19-2013, 07:36 AM
Well, Ezio had a parachute. I think that's functionally similar to what you're suggesting. Basically just extending the fall across a greater distance.

Edit- Dammit, beat me to it, Syntax :p

Sorry mate! I type a lot, which means I kinda type fast! :)

Well considering what we know about AC5 and that it's likely to be in China, I can imagine a parachute being used. It seems like it fits the setting...

Agreed. Parachutes, yes.

But I can see the image now and not that wingsuit. That's too modernish.

Badurda
12-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Try logging in with Facebook to see the image..

pirate1802
12-19-2013, 07:39 AM
I've got no problem with Leaps of faith and I don't think they're gonna change that, its iconic. That being said, more gadgets are always welcome. And Ezio did have a parachute from which he could assassinate people. Only thing I want is, if they include a gadget then they should make sure its used, and not just there in the weapon wheel, gathering digital dust. So if we have parachutes again, awesome. But modify the maps accordingly so that the player gets ample opportunities to use it.

Badurda
12-19-2013, 07:41 AM
It's not modernish, the cartoon series 'Samurai-jack' showed it's use in the past, it's just like a Kite with all it's ends tied up with arms & legs.. so it's not modernish, the modern concept has wings attached within the suit just like in 'Far-Cry3'

MnemonicSyntax
12-19-2013, 07:43 AM
It's not modernish, the cartoon series 'Samurai-jack' showed it's use in the past, it's just like a Kite with all it's ends tied up with arms & legs.. so it's not modernish, the modern concept has wings attached within the suit just like in 'Far-Cry3'

Samurai Jack also fought robots and creatures that didn't exist.

According to Wikipedia, Wingsuits were first used in 1930. That's very modern by AC standards.

The wingsuit in your drawing wasn't created until mid 1990s.

Man I feel old now.

Badurda
12-19-2013, 07:44 AM
Yes.. You've got it almost

Badurda
12-19-2013, 07:47 AM
Find 1st use of the 'piece of eden' in wikipedia, or that first use of Gun by Altier Ibn La Had... LOL

MnemonicSyntax
12-19-2013, 07:53 AM
Find 1st use of the 'piece of eden' in wikipedia, or that first use of Gun by Altier Ibn La Had... LOL

Not sure the significance of this comment. What does this have to do with wingsuits?

Consus_E
12-19-2013, 08:00 AM
I'd prefer to see ziplines return, they were actually useful and looked cool!