PDA

View Full Version : AC4: Clicking on the Additional Content section leads nowhere!?

LeftistHominid
12-19-2013, 01:08 AM
Whenever I try to click on the additional content section, nothing happens and a Uplay overlay pops up. Anyone else having this problem? (I have the Gold Edition through Steam)

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 04:09 AM
I have Gold Ed via Steam too, but I don't even get a popup. What does the popup say?

LeftistHominid
12-19-2013, 04:22 AM
It is one of those Uplay screen overlays. It has my non-existent list of Uplay friends, which some uplay things on the side.
Here is a picture

http://imgur.com/NDDlklE

Questions2ask
12-19-2013, 04:36 AM
QUIT USING STEAM.

I'm sick and tired of all you Steam clowns complaining you have something wrong and whenever someone points out it's Steam, you trash the people and ignore what they say, then continue complaining.

It's very simple, any game that doesn't require Steam DO NOT USE STEAM.

Why do people cause their own problems then try to blame everything but the problem as well as justify themselves.

There is nothing to justify, the bottom line is quit using Steam.

LeftistHominid
12-19-2013, 04:40 AM
I don't know what you are talking about. I am having a problem with my game and I am not trashing anyone. I am just trying to get an answer. Please don't be rude.

Questions2ask
12-19-2013, 04:47 AM
I don't know what you are talking about. I am having a problem with my game and I am not trashing anyone. I am just trying to get an answer. Please don't be rude.
I'm speaking fact, if you want to say that's rude, that's your own problem then I say it how it is.

You need to take your question over to the Steam forum where it belongs. You bought the game through Steam and that's exactly why you're having problems UPLAY has nothing to do with your issue. I'm so sick and tired of seeing people that use Steam complaining something is wrong with (Not just this game, but tons of other games) games and never realizing Steam is where the problem is.

I'm also telling you this for future reference should you choose to purchase Watch Dogs. Don't buy it through Steam get it without Steam and you won't have problems.

LeftistHominid
12-19-2013, 04:50 AM
Okay instead of bashing Steam, can you tell me what I am supposed to see when click on that button?

So long as Ubisoft doesn't gimp it, I will be buying the Wii U version for Watch Dogs. Them gimping the Wii U version of the Black Flag is why I am here

MnemonicSyntax
12-19-2013, 04:52 AM
Except that this issue isn't an issue at all, and "Additional Content" just means extra content related to Uplay. Friends, Achievements, Bonuses, Rewards, etc.

It has nothing to do with the DLC or Steam. Questions is just an angry, upset troll because he got banned from Steam for aimbotting on TF2.

So, to sum it up, your picture is exactly the way it's supposed to be, by design.

LeftistHominid
12-19-2013, 04:58 AM
Awesome, thanks for your help!

MnemonicSyntax
12-19-2013, 05:00 AM
Not a problem! A bit weird to have it In a box that I can just use Shift F2 to open and close, but meh. Not the worst thing to come from Ubisoft.

Questions2ask
12-19-2013, 05:00 AM
Except that this issue isn't an issue at all, and "Additional Content" just means extra content related to Uplay. Friends, Achievements, Bonuses, Rewards, etc.

It has nothing to do with the DLC or Steam. Questions is just an angry, upset troll because he got banned from Steam for aimbotting on TF2.

So, to sum it up, your picture is exactly the way it's supposed to be, by design.
You're just sent here by Steam for Damage control, Steam does this on every game tied to them, normal company behavior to protect their products. (Steam always removes comments off their forum that have people saying things about games and then have people like this clown always say some nonsense to try and derail the issue.

AIMBOTTING ON TF2?....That's pretty good considering I only own a total of 2 Steam games (Skyrim, and Van Helsing) and Had I known Skyrim required Steam I would have pirated that as well. So this damage control. I don't use Steam because of how it is and people like you are and what you try to do, when it comes to speaking facts.

Devs that use Steam only for a game cause 1/4 of the piracy because people know how bad Valve is.

MnemonicSyntax
12-19-2013, 05:02 AM
How is this "damage control" for Steam when we're on Ubisoft's forums?

Logic. You don't has it. Sorry mate. Maybe in the next life?

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 05:04 AM
Questions is just an angry, upset troll because he got banned from Steam for aimbotting on TF2.

LOL, I knew it had to be something like that. Makes him the obvious clown, and hypocrite as well, and if he doesn't knock off this anti Steam campaign, which is starting to get pretty insulting with use of flames that are against forum policy, I'm going to bring Ubi's wrath down on him. You hear that Questions? You behave yourself, you'll only get one warning from me. Cheaters always talk smack, grow the hell up.

Anyways, back on topic, I found out the reason for the popup is as Mnemonic stated, Additional Content is merely an extension of UPlay's overlay, and handles friends info and activity. As soon as I re-enabled the Uplay overlay, I got a friend request and I now get the same popup when clicking Additional Content. As far as I'm concerned I'm not interested in adding any friends until Ubi fixes social events though.

No wonder a lot of people thought Additional Content was for DLC though. They couldn't have named it more inappropriately. Should have been called Social Island or something. LOL

Questions2ask
12-19-2013, 05:07 AM
LOL, I knew it had to be something like that. Makes him the obvious clown, and hypocrite as well, and if he doesn't knock off this anti Steam campaign, which is starting to get pretty insulting with use of flames that are against forum policy, I'm going to bring Ubi's wrath down on him. You hear that Questions? You behave yourself, you'll only get one warning from me. Cheaters always talk smack, grow the hell up.

Anyways, back on topic, I found out the reason for the popup is as Mnemonic stated, Additional Content is merely an extension of UPlay's overlay, and handles friends info and activity. As soon as I re-enabled the Uplay overlay, I got a friend request and I now get the same popup when clicking Additional Content. As far as I'm concerned I'm not interested in adding any friends until Ubi fixes social events though.

Having a conversation and agreeing with yourself is another typical tactic.

MnemonicSyntax
12-19-2013, 05:09 AM
Yes, Frag and I are the same person. You should see all the previous posts I made as Frag asking for help and then I would switch accounts to this one so I can come answer myself.

Yep. got us figured out. Dang. Rats.

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 05:16 AM
Having a conversation and agreeing with yourself is another typical tactic.

You're really cracked ain't ya mate, touched in the head as they say?

This litl gem makes that ratha apparent I think...

Had I known Skyrim required Steam I would have pirated that as well. So this damage control. I don't use Steam because of how it is and people like you are and what you try to do, when it comes to speaking facts.

Devs that use Steam only for a game cause 1/4 of the piracy because people know how bad Valve is.

So me mate, eh, "other profile" Mnemonic, is some sort uh lyin boot licka, but you're all fine an dandy is it? Why is it then you talk smack about me boys Valve causin piracy, when you love it so much ya self?

This sorry sod is lookin for anotha ban he is.

(http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/653385-MnemonicSyntax)

MnemonicSyntax
12-19-2013, 05:26 AM
He doesn't use Steam because he was banned from it. That's why he's pissed. He mowed like, a hundred lawns and got enough money to buy Skyrim and now he can't play it.

And it wasn't TF2. He cheated at Hello Kitty's Island Adventure.

Of course, "had he known..." even though it was common knowledge Skyrim required Steam for MONTHS on end before it's release.

All these internet facts and what not, but couldn't look THAT bit of info up. huh.

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 05:45 AM
And it wasn't TF2. He cheated at Hello Kitty's Island Adventure.

LOL, maybe Valve cut him a deal promising to claim it was TF2 aimbotting he got banned for, to save him from public humiliation.

That's just so amusing, it's going to have me chuckling all day. I wonder if he wears the Hello Kitty backpack?