PDA

View Full Version : Questions Left Unanswered *insert another Witcher 3 Title Reference*

Wolfmeister1010
12-18-2013, 11:04 PM
After AC4 Black Flag, for the first time in the series, most of our questions were finally answered.

However, there are still a few questions that have not been attended to.

1. What is in that box that Ezio gave to Shao Jun? And then Somehow ended up in Templar hands, then to Ade, and then to Bastienne. They are obviously the same box. I don't know if this is the easter egg they were talking about..but.

2. Where are those blood vials? At the end of AC4, the blood vials from the Observatory had gone missing, and Eddie claimed he would search for them. But, we never find out how that search goes. In fact, a decade long period of Ed's life is missing from his story. We know what happens before and after..but not during.

3. Who is Desmond's son? In Brotherhood, Klay said something like "The sun..your...son....". Did Desmond have a son he never knew about? What?

4. Eve? Klay also said to find Eve. Who and where and what is Eve?

5. Connor's whole story. I mean....just saying....sorry..

6. What is Juno's plan for world domination? Will Aita, or some reincarnation of him, be involved again somehow?

7. What happened to Olivier? He was kidnapped. At first, I thought it would be some kind of mission in Watch Dogs. But then, even though CTOS is featured in AC4, Darby confirmed that the two games' universes were in no way connected. So..what happened exactly? Did the assassins do it? They did get info on the Chicago Share Holders meeting.

8. The observatory. Doubtful they would just forget about it already. It, along with the blood vials, have to be mentioned in some way soon.

Well, that is all I can think of right now! Also...can someone really quickly explain to me what the Golden Temple is?

DinoSteve1
12-18-2013, 11:28 PM
9. Is Melanie dating anyone?

Shahkulu101
12-18-2013, 11:35 PM
5. It seems you haven't played Assassins Creed III, Wolfmeister1010.

Who is anybody to decide how much screen time a character gets. He had an arc - it is complete.

Next...

MIA SILENT
12-18-2013, 11:35 PM
9. Is Melanie dating anyone?

Yeah, me :mad:

DinoSteve1
12-18-2013, 11:36 PM

Who is anybody to decide how much screen time a character gets. He had an arc - it is complete.

Next...
Agreed

MasterSimaYi
12-18-2013, 11:39 PM
3. Who is Desmond's son? In Brotherhood, Klay said something like "The sun..your...son....". Did Desmond have a son he never knew about? What?

There's a Desmond voice recording in the game that explains that very well.

DinoSteve1
12-18-2013, 11:45 PM
There's a Desmond voice recording in the game that explains that very well.

What did it say? Which one was it?

adventurewomen
12-18-2013, 11:46 PM
5. Connor's whole story. I mean....just saying....sorry.
Agreed! Well Said! It's like Connor's whole life is left a mystery after AC3. It's really sad because Connor fans want to know more about Connor and we are being decided of this knowledge by Ubisoft. :(

MIA SILENT
12-18-2013, 11:50 PM
Agreed! Well Said! It's like Connor's whole life is left a mystery after AC3. It's really sad because Connor fans want to know more about Connor and we are being decided of this knowledge by Ubisoft. :(

If Ubisoft have any more story for him whatsoever, they should at least write a book about him. Imo.

Wolfmeister1010
12-19-2013, 12:18 AM
Everyone just calm the **** down. The Connor part was a joke, jesus. Moving on:

adventurewomen
12-19-2013, 12:19 AM
If Ubisoft have any more story for him whatsoever, they should at least write a book about him. Imo.
Well that's the very least thing they could do for him. Just for some closure. :(

roostersrule2
12-19-2013, 12:20 AM
3. Remember a lot of what Klay said was just the ramblings of a mad man, well at least Ubi says it is. I believe it once had a huge importance to the series but Ubi changed the route the series wanted to go and just made whatever he said mean nothing.

5. Condo is done.

Another unanswered question is what are the Assassins planning? If you hack all the computers you get a message from William that says he's going to pick you up or something.

Wolfmeister1010
12-19-2013, 12:23 AM
3. Remember a lot of what Klay said was just the ramblings of a mad man, well at least Ubi says it is. I believe it once had a huge importance to the series but Ubi changed the route the series wanted to go and just made whatever he said mean nothing.

5. Condo is done.

Another unanswered question is what are the Assassins planning? If you hack all the computers you get a message from William that says he's going to pick you up or something.

All I remember is that Shaun and Rebecca they would make your hacking worth your while..maybe we play as the same person "you" but for the assassins this time.

SixKeys
12-19-2013, 12:24 AM

Wait, what? I hacked all the computers and I didn't get any message.

Also, didn't William retire?

ProletariatPleb
12-19-2013, 12:26 AM
>Dead people picking you up.

roostersrule2
12-19-2013, 12:28 AM
It's not a message but you go to your objectives or whatever it's called in the Tablet thing and there's a message from William (I think) about how the Assassins are going to do something, so be ready or something along the lines of that.

roostersrule2
12-19-2013, 12:29 AM
>Dead people picking you up.William ain't dead, his crapola son is though.

ProletariatPleb
12-19-2013, 12:33 AM
William ain't dead, his crapola son is though.
idk, someone was talking about "William Miles and other assassins in Osaka were killed" hurr durr.

Haven't exactly been keeping up, nor bothered.

I-Like-Pie45
12-19-2013, 01:13 AM
What happened to Philip Shahbaz?

aL_____eX
12-19-2013, 01:26 AM
I have no answer for any of these questions and I hope there will be the day I finally do.

The Eve thing: I always wondered what this is about. After killing Lucy Desmond was told to find her, but who is she and why did Juno want him to find her?
The blood vials and obersvatory are interesting too. But I guess we will never get an explanation that satifies people like us who try to get to the bottom of the whole thing.
Olivier's kidnapping is also mysterious.

I will stop now. Thought about everything you said before and never came to any conclusion. :nonchalance:

PedroAntonio2
12-19-2013, 01:43 AM
Subject 16 was crazy becayse he saw too many possible futures, in ACB he saw Desmond having a child in a possible future.

William is still alive, he just retired from being an Assassin after what happened with Desmond, Gavin Banks is the new Mentor.

Now, my questions to Ubisoft that I hope that will get answered in the future :

- Who is Erudito ? It's a group or a single person ? Is he Consus possessing a human body or maybe a reencarnation of Consus like what happened between Aita-The Sages ?
- Who are the Initiates ? What are their purpose in hacking the Assassins and the Templar. They work for Erudito or for Juno ?
- Who appeared after the end of The Truth video in ACII when Eve screamed ''Adam, Look out!'' ?
- Who is that dude holding a green stone that appeared in Lucy's grave ? And he visited Daniel's grave holding the same stone ?
- What happened to Giovanni Borgia after being possessed by Consus ?
- What happened to Hermes, Venus and Consus ? They are dead ?
- What is that symbol that appear after you collect all the 20 notes in Abstergo in ACIV ? Is a new group ?
- Who is the modern day character in ACIV ?

LoyalACFan
12-19-2013, 02:50 AM
What is in that box that Ezio gave to Shao Jun? And then Somehow ended up in Templar hands, then to Ade, and then to Bastienne. They are obviously the same box. I don't know if this is the easter egg they were talking about..but...

I actually logged on today to make a thread about this, but I guess I won't now.

Yeah... I assumed that it was the same box, and thus, the AC5 Easter Egg they promised, pointing to China for our next setting and possibly Jun herself as our next protagonist (which would be incredibly badass IMO). The only thing that gives me pause is that they said it would be hidden really well, but the box was shoved right in our faces in the main story cutscenes. I guess "hidden" could just mean "ambiguous," as in it's not certain that it's the same box, but anybody who's seen Embers would probably draw that conclusion. There could be some insanely well-hidden AC5 clue left in Freedom Cry that nobody's found yet. In any case, I want to see precisely what that ******* box contains, I've been waiting two years.

As for the modern day questions you asked, I gave up on that clusterfudge a long time ago. When they came out and said "oh, all those cryptic hints Clay left were just insane ramblings," it became abundantly clear that they had no clue where they were going with Desmond's story. As far as I'm concerned, he's dead, his story's over, good riddance, let's forget he ever existed.

Wolfmeister1010
12-19-2013, 03:44 AM
I actually logged on today to make a thread about this, but I guess I won't now.

Yeah... I assumed that it was the same box, and thus, the AC5 Easter Egg they promised, pointing to China for our next setting and possibly Jun herself as our next protagonist (which would be incredibly badass IMO). The only thing that gives me pause is that they said it would be hidden really well, but the box was shoved right in our faces in the main story cutscenes. I guess "hidden" could just mean "ambiguous," as in it's not certain that it's the same box, but anybody who's seen Embers would probably draw that conclusion. There could be some insanely well-hidden AC5 clue left in Freedom Cry that nobody's found yet. In any case, I want to see precisely what that ******* box contains, I've been waiting two years.

As for the modern day questions you asked, I gave up on that clusterfudge a long time ago. When they came out and said "oh, all those cryptic hints Clay left were just insane ramblings," it became abundantly clear that they had no clue where they were going with Desmond's story. As far as I'm concerned, he's dead, his story's over, good riddance, let's forget he ever existed.

I bet they assumed only hardcore fans would bother to buy Embers.

Can someone explain when and where and how it was explained who desmond's "son" was?

ze_topazio
12-19-2013, 03:50 AM
1. What is in that box that Ezio gave to Shao Jun?

A naked pic of Altair.

ze_topazio
12-19-2013, 03:54 AM
- Who is Erudito ? It's a group or a single person ?

In the rewards you can get in the multiplayer, Erudito is confirmed to be a group.

pirate1802
12-19-2013, 03:56 AM

Next...

Same goes for parts of 2? Remember the time when we didn't have to see the lives the lives of a assassin from baby diapers to adult diapers to consider it complete?

ProletariatPleb
12-19-2013, 03:59 AM
Same goes for parts of 2? Remember the time when we didn't have to see the lives the lives of a assassin from baby diapers to adult diapers to consider it complete?
Remember when Ubi totally didn't say Brotherhood was the last Ezio game

Shahkulu101
12-19-2013, 04:08 AM

Brotherhood would have been fine as a DLC to be honest, it was that decision that stifled the series progress.

pirate1802
12-19-2013, 04:18 AM
Brotherhood would have been fine as a DLC to be honest, it was that decision that stifled the series progress.

Brotherhood felt like a DLC too tbh. Which is why I can't understand when people say that game is the very best AC game. Good game? For sure. Better than AC1 and AC2 with its one city and 8 little sequences? Does not compute. Same with Revelations.

I do hope we go back to the one assassin-one game formula.

Shahkulu101
12-19-2013, 04:21 AM
Brotherhood felt like a DLC too tbh. Which is why I can't understand when people say that game is the very best AC game. Good game? For sure. Better than AC1 and AC2 with its one city and 8 little sequences? Does not compute. Same with Revelations.

I do hope we go back to the one assassin-one game formula.

Plethora of fantastic side missions and great main missions like the Castillo infiltrations make it my second favorite behind AC4.

Thirsty_panda
12-19-2013, 04:22 AM
Say, I tried to ask this last week, but it seemed that everyone who responded did so to address a different part of my post. Was the map from the end of AC 1 just supposed to be a red herring to get Desmond motivated? Or is it mentioned anywhere that the map proved to be useless? What happened with that? I can't find mention of this issue anywhere I look.

MIA SILENT
12-19-2013, 04:52 AM
Say, I tried to ask this last week, but it seemed that everyone who responded did so to address a different part of my post. Was the map from the end of AC 1 just supposed to be a red herring to get Desmond motivated? Or is it mentioned anywhere that the map proved to be useless? What happened with that? I can't find mention of this issue anywhere I look.

It was a map pinpointing the location of temples and First Civ technology.

Thirsty_panda
12-19-2013, 04:56 AM
It was a map pinpointing the location of temples and First Civ technology.

In I and II they said that the map was supposed to find them a replacement for the Denver apple though.

MIA SILENT
12-19-2013, 05:07 AM
In I and II they said that the map was supposed to find them a replacement for the Denver apple though.

Do you mean the spherical map of the earth that showed up after killing Al Mualim? Because that map would show them the location of another Apple.

Thirsty_panda
12-19-2013, 05:12 AM
Do you mean the spherical map of the earth that showed up after killing Al Mualim? Because that map would show them the location of another Apple.

That's exactly my point. Abstergo never found those apples. We never got updates on there progress. In fact, after AC II I don't think that map was ever addressed again. There must be an obvious answer somewhere because otherwise, more people would have brought this point up by now right?

Are we really supposed to believe that they didn't have a POE ready for Eye Abstergo? That's what this gets down to. They focused entirely on Ezio's apple once Brotherhood came around.

MIA SILENT
12-19-2013, 05:17 AM
That's exactly my point. Abstergo never found those apples. We never got updates on there progress. In fact, after AC II I don't think that map was ever addressed again. There must be an obvious answer somewhere because otherwise, more people would have brought this point up by now right?

I'm pretty certain there's an explanation to it if you search on the AC Wiki. I think that whole Denver thing got sabotaged by the Assassins/Erudito. Could be wrong. But honestly though, check out the AC Wiki - it's awesome.

Thirsty_panda
12-19-2013, 05:21 AM
I'm pretty certain there's an explanation to it if you search on the AC Wiki. I think that whole Denver thing got sabotaged by the Assassins/Erudito. Could be wrong. But honestly though, check out the AC Wiki - it's awesome.

I've been on the wiki and couldn't find anything. They mention the map but that's as far into it they go. There's no turn out. I don't have questions about Denver by the way.

MIA SILENT
12-19-2013, 05:25 AM
I've been on the wiki and couldn't find anything. They mention the map but that's as far into it they go. There's no turn out. I don't have questions about Denver by the way.

As far as that map goes, I'm pretty sure the Grand Temple we visited in AC3 was marked on it.

Thirsty_panda
12-19-2013, 05:30 AM
As far as that map goes, I'm pretty sure the Grand Temple we visited in AC3 was marked on it.

That would cause its own problems. There's no reason why Abstergo shouldn't have been able to locate Desmond and company in AC III if that was the case. Like I said in my post last week, the ambiguity of the whole damn thing actually saves this from becoming a plot hole. I just don't like that nobody has an answer for me. Its bad storytelling. I got into Darby's post too late. He may had been my only hope to get a definite answer on the subject.

monteiro416
12-19-2013, 05:41 AM
- Who are the Initiates ? What are their purpose in hacking the Assassins and the Templar. They work for Erudito or for Juno ?
- What is that symbol that appear after you collect all the 20 notes in Abstergo in ACIV ? Is a new group ?
- Who is the modern day character in ACIV ?

According to Darby, the Initiates are a group that just keep tabs on the Assassin/Templar conflict and tries to make sense of it. That's all we really know for now. I guess for now they're just the watchers.
That symbol is the astrological symbol for Juno.
The character is actually supposed to be YOU. Whoever is currently playing. Hence why you can't see them, hear them speak, etc.

Can someone explain when and where and how it was explained who desmond's "son" was?

If you hack the computers in BF, there's a recording of Desmond talking about all the possibilities that everything can play out as. Minerva looked into the Nexus which calculates all the possibilities and chose that specific Desmond to carry out their task to save the world. The other possibilities were Desmond who got married young and had a son, one who moved to Chicago (if my memory serves correctly), et al. Clay had seen all these possibilities and it messed with his head. He couldn't separate realities. So basically, as someone else said, ramblings of a lunatic.

MIA SILENT
12-19-2013, 05:42 AM
That would cause its own problems. There's no reason why Abstergo shouldn't have been able to locate Desmond and company in AC III if that was the case. Like I said in my post last week, the ambiguity of the whole damn thing actually saves this from becoming a plot hole. I just don't like that nobody has an answer for me. Its bad storytelling. I got into Darby's post too late. He may had been my only hope to get a definite answer on the subject.

Not gonna lie, AC is a convoluted mess at times. Even the Devs know this.

Thirsty_panda
12-19-2013, 05:51 AM
Yeah, but convoluted stories can still make sense. Its not like this was a minute plot point. It was the ending to the very first game!

MIA SILENT
12-19-2013, 06:14 AM
Yeah, but convoluted stories can still make sense. Its not like this was a minute plot point. It was the ending to the very first game!

I've completely lost track of what your original question was a this point. lol

Consus_E
12-19-2013, 08:25 AM
Questions (may contain spoilers):
-Are Shaun and Rebecca a couple?
-Who was that guy who was on the bench with Ezio when he died?
-Has the Bleeding Effect been "cured"? It seemed pretty much cured in AC3 (at least the having visions part) but they mention it in AC4...
-What was in the box Ezio gave Jun?

Wolfmeister1010
02-28-2014, 04:14 AM
Feel like I should revitalize this thread, considering that an AC announcement is surely imminent, and we should go over what still needs to be answered.

The things like "Desmonds son" were already answered, and so I made a new little updated list.

After AC4 Black Flag, for the first time in the series, most of our questions were finally answered.

1. What is in that box that Ezio gave to Shao Jun? And then Somehow ended up in Templar hands, then to Ade, and then to Bastienne. They are obviously the same box. I don't know if this is the easter egg they were talking about..but. Some people seem to think that it contains that POE from Brahman, the one that controls the fate of all POE, and only women can harness it.

2. Where are those blood vials? At the end of AC4, the blood vials from the Observatory had gone missing, and Eddie claimed he would search for them. But, we never find out how that search goes. In fact, a decade long period of Ed's life is missing from his story. We know what happens before and after..but not during.

3. Eve? Klay also said to find Eve. Who and where and what is Eve? I feel like Eve will take a bigger place in next AC.

4. What is Juno's plan for world domination? Will Aita, or some reincarnation of him, be involved again somehow?

5. What happened to Olivier? He was kidnapped. At first, I thought it would be some kind of mission in Watch Dogs. But then, even though CTOS is featured in AC4, Darby confirmed that the two games' universes were in no way connected. So..what happened exactly? Did the assassins do it? They did get info on the Chicago Share Holders meeting.

6. The observatory. Doubtful they would just forget about it already. It, along with the blood vials, have to be mentioned in some way soon.

7. Erudito: It has been a side mystery character since Brotherhood. Time for him/her/them to finally become something..well..important.

8. Unity between templars and assassins? We have seen references to templars and assassins uniting, from AC3, (haytham and connor) AC4, Brahman, ect. I feel like, in regards to Juno, the Assassins and tempara must unite to stop her, whatever her plans are.

Well, that is all I can think of right now. There is a lot of crap going on in Initiates, like with William fleeing, Gavin going somewhere..Japanese brotherhood ****..stuff about some mystery girl in russia..

Idk. I feel like AC initiates is stupid. The lore in the videogames and comics are enough. We dont need random bits and hints posted on the web. Hopefully all the stuff that was explained in initiates, like WHY Shaun and Rebecca got jobs at abstergo..what happened to William, ect, gets explained in the next game as well.

Add anything you think also needs answering.

Hans684
03-06-2014, 09:35 PM

Indeed.

1. What is in that box that Ezio gave to Shao Jun? And then Somehow ended up in Templar hands, then to Ade, and then to Bastienne. They are obviously the same box. I don't know if this is the easter egg they were talking about..but. Some people seem to think that it contains that POE from Brahman, the one that controls the fate of all POE, and only women can harness it.

We don't know. And we don't know if it even is the sane box in FC, that is speculation/assumption. What is your source that proves they are the same box? After the POE from Brahman got broken we know Arbaaz Mir(the protagonist) hid it somewhere or on something. And the modern day protagonist has a ring with a pice of the POE from Brahman. In Brahman it is speculated that only a god(first civ member?) or woman(maybe eve?) can properly use it.

We don't know where they are but we do know the modern day Templars have some and a crystal skull needed to use it. They use it as a means of communication that can't be tracked by modern tech. He did search for something, remember the book Birch(the Templar at the begging of AC3) that said something about the storehouse(grand temple)? That book is Edward's journal. So it does show he did something during the decade missing.

3. Eve? Klay also said to find Eve. Who and where and what is Eve? I feel like Eve will take a bigger place in next AC.

He said "You must find Eve, her DNA, Eden" something like that. Consider Desmond is dead, the message might be meant for the player since you(us) are the protagonist in the future AC games now. That we have to find Eve(in a future AC maybe?). Her DNA might be a reference to the Blood Vials, one of them might have her DNA and it is hidden somewhere in Eden. Or it might be a modern day Eve that donate blood for research to Abstergo Entertainment that AE is located in Eden. But that just a theory, a game theory.

4. What is Juno's plan for world domination? Will Aita, or some reincarnation of him, be involved again somehow?

Judging by Black Flag I would say it is first to get a body. A reincarnation of Aita will defiantly be involved, they are part of The Instrument Of The First Will, they want the First Civ to rule of humans again.

5. What happened to Olivier? He was kidnapped. At first, I thought it would be some kind of mission in Watch Dogs. But then, even though CTOS is featured in AC4, Darby confirmed that the two games' universes were in no way connected. So..what happened exactly? Did the assassins do it? They did get info on the Chicago Share Holders meeting.

He is either kidnapped or killed. Who? and why? is speculation.

6. The observatory. Doubtful they would just forget about it already. It, along with the blood vials, have to be mentioned in some way soon.

The Blood Vials is the most important ones and the concept just entered AC with Black Flag, so most likely it will have same importance like The Apple Of Eden.

7. Erudito: It has been a side mystery character since Brotherhood. Time for him/her/them to finally become something..well..important.

Not much has happend regarding Erudito.

8. Unity between templars and assassins? We have seen references to templars and assassins uniting, from AC3, (haytham and connor) AC4, Brahman, ect. I feel like, in regards to Juno, the Assassins and tempara must unite to stop her, whatever her plans are.

A message in Brahman said they had to unite to defeat Juno.

Well, that is all I can think of right now. There is a lot of crap going on in Initiates, like with William fleeing, Gavin going somewhere..Japanese brotherhood ****..stuff about some mystery girl in russia..

All that "crap" can be found in the AC Wiki. William didn't flee, he needed some time on his own after what happend, he also gave his mentor title to Gavin. And now he is back with the assassin but still hidden. Gavin is done in Japan, now they a using William's codex(it pointed them to Japan first) to find out where to go next. We know nothing about this mystery girl in Russia at the moment.

Idk. I feel like AC initiates is stupid. The lore in the videogames and comics are enough. We dont need random bits and hints posted on the web. Hopefully all the stuff that was explained in initiates, like WHY Shaun and Rebecca got jobs at abstergo..what happened to William, ect, gets explained in the next game as well.

I like it becouse it keeps the modern day story going without relying to much on the games and comics becouse that will make the MD story in the games even more rushed. They went to Abstergo to find out what happend to Desmond after they left, it also brought William back. They did it for him. I already explained what happend with William above.

Add anything you think also needs answering.

Add, answer, search etc... As long as everything is explained at the end.