PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I play Freedom Cry?

HeroesSword
12-18-2013, 09:42 PM
Ok... So Freedom Cry was released yesterday (December 17.)... And I'm unable to play it. I pre-ordered it with AC4. Now that Freedom Cry is finaly out it just isn't there. I have Aveline there. Please help me. What should I do? The moment I started steam today, AC4 was updating so I should have it right? Right? Please help. Thank you.

Sincierly HeroesSword

Kujomanji
12-18-2013, 09:46 PM
The update you got was around 600mb. That is the PhysX patch. If I look at the Community Hub for AC4:BF you'll see loads of people haven't gotten their Freedom Cry yet despite already having purchased a Season Pass. However, people who bought it separately today on Steam are able to play it.

Steam is lagging behind it seems.

kyse2
12-18-2013, 09:54 PM
yeah it kind of pisses me off I sat here for over an hour trying to find the dlc and I have to wait cuz steam and uplay both want to fail for the people that pre ordered!

medavroog
12-18-2013, 09:57 PM
yeah it kind of pisses me off I sat here for over an hour trying to find the dlc and I have to wait cuz steam and uplay both want to fail for the people that pre ordered!

... indeed, many of us are ripped-off by this, and our anger is justified.
... however, certain trolls on the threads will just mock us as "impatient" ... problem is, this is not about "patience" ... it is about we are not getting what we paid for = ripped-off.

kyse2
12-18-2013, 10:02 PM
I don't mind the wait if everyone for pc had to still wait but it seems like that isn't the case

MikeCMD
12-18-2013, 10:12 PM
It should update at 6:00 PM EST if not we will need to wait until 1:00 PM EST tomorrow

zenemix
12-18-2013, 10:17 PM
... indeed, many of us are ripped-off by this, and our anger is justified.
... however, certain trolls on the threads will just mock us as "impatient" ... problem is, this is not about "patience" ... it is about we are not getting what we paid for = ripped-off.

You've said it best. We paid for certain level of service, many of us in fact showing loyalty by pre-ordering. Some would argue that we should have bought from Uplay and Ubisoft is not responsible if we bought from Steam. That's the equivalent of saying Ubisoft is not responsible for their products if I bought them from Best Buy which is absurd. I'd sooner give up Ubisoft than Steam if they refuse to stand by their games sold via Steam.

Blackwolfe5
12-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Same issue here, this is pissing me off. With AC3 it was Ubisoft that made a complete mess of things with the dlcs, thats why I pre-ordered through steam for AC4. Now it's steam that messes up *sigh*

MikeCMD
12-18-2013, 10:21 PM
It looks like steam forgot to add the DLC to the season pass i don't understand how you can screw that up
"If folks who bought it today separately are playing it, my guess would be someone at steam forgot to add freedom cry to the season pass and deluxe/gold edition packages. A check on steamdb pretty much confirms this: http://steamdb.info/sub/33495/#section_apps (steam://openurl/http://steamdb.info/sub/33495/#section_apps)

The various editions that include the season pass are likewise missing freedom cry."

zenemix
12-18-2013, 10:26 PM
It looks like steam forgot to add the DLC to the season pass i don't understand how you can screw that up

"If folks who bought it today separately are playing it, my guess would be someone at steam forgot to add freedom cry to the season pass and deluxe/gold edition packages. A check on steamdb pretty much confirms this: steam://openurl/http://steamdb.info/sub/33495/#section_apps

The various editions that include the season pass are likewise missing freedom cry"

Neat to see my post from Steam get quoted here :)

MikeCMD
12-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Yeah lol but i cannot get the link right for some reason

zenemix
12-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Yeah lol but i cannot get the link right for some reason

Here are all the apps that should have Freedom Cry but don't:

http://steamdb.info/sub/32040/#section_apps
http://steamdb.info/sub/32041/#section_apps
http://steamdb.info/sub/32836/#section_apps
http://steamdb.info/sub/33495/#section_apps

medavroog
12-18-2013, 11:13 PM
You've said it best. We paid for certain level of service, many of us in fact showing loyalty by pre-ordering. Some would argue that we should have bought from Uplay and Ubisoft is not responsible if we bought from Steam. That's the equivalent of saying Ubisoft is not responsible for their products if I bought them from Best Buy which is absurd. I'd sooner give up Ubisoft than Steam if they refuse to stand by their games sold via Steam.

I agree with you and, indeed we paid for that level of service ... we should thus get what we paid for ... or else, why bother pay the extra and pre-orders? However, there are always trolls who would mock us ... just check my latest posts, you will notice at least two trolls who fire at my posts. As for the problem with and between STEAM and UbiSoft, I totally agree with you ... this is why I eventually purchase all UbiSoft game through UbiShop on UPLAY ... AND Guess What?
... Even on SOLO UPLAY Version, I am still ripped-off on this DLC ... sigh. They can't blame STEAM this time can they? ... oh wait, they did give me that "STEAM will UPDATE soon" response ... and I am NOT even on STEAM.

kyse2
12-18-2013, 11:26 PM
what sucks is we all know we wont get a damn thing for this :/

it isn't even steam it is the season pass that isn't giving us the dlc

Luc70
12-19-2013, 12:33 AM
hello,

please explain me, cause english is not my language: Are you saying we'll not have Freedom Cry even if we bought Season Pass?!?!

Blackwolfe5
12-19-2013, 12:43 AM
We will get it, when steam/ubisoft/whoever realises their mistake and fixes it.

MnemonicSyntax
12-19-2013, 12:46 AM
I agree with you and, indeed we paid for that level of service ... we should thus get what we paid for ... or else, why bother pay the extra and pre-orders? However, there are always trolls who would mock us ... just check my latest posts, you will notice at least two trolls who fire at my posts. As for the problem with and between STEAM and UbiSoft, I totally agree with you ... this is why I eventually purchase all UbiSoft game through UbiShop on UPLAY ... AND Guess What?
... Even on SOLO UPLAY Version, I am still ripped-off on this DLC ... sigh. They can't blame STEAM this time can they? ... oh wait, they did give me that "STEAM will UPDATE soon" response ... and I am NOT even on STEAM.

No one is mocking your posts. Go reread what we said again. Have some bloody patience.

Getting pissy on the internet on forums that isn't read by most people at Ubisoft isn't going to resolve your issue.

That's not trolling, that's a FACT.

And "ripped off" means to steal, or to take, to cause intention fraud. That's NOT happening here.

It was posted that it would be a few days before Freedom Cry would be released on PC anyway. That's word of mouth from Ubisoft themselves, which means that since it hasn't been a few days from that announcement, you're NOT getting ripped off. Yes, other people are getting it. I'm aware of that. I haven't gotten it yet. I'm not going on a tirade and *****ing and moaning on a forum because I got "ripped off" though, which is my whole point here.

Again, we're not trolling. You want to ***** and moan about something instead of either being patient and waiting, or contacting Support, then by all means. But there is absolutely NO need for you to attempt to get others to "side" with you and go against the people who are just trying to talk some sense into you, and maybe save you from blowing a gasket.

I'm sure this post will be "negative" as well though.

zenemix
12-19-2013, 01:38 AM
No one is mocking your posts. Go reread what we said again. Have some bloody patience.

Getting pissy on the internet on forums that isn't read by most people at Ubisoft isn't going to resolve your issue.

And "ripped off" means to steal, or to take, to cause intention fraud. That's NOT happening here.

It was posted that it would be a few days before Freedom Cry would be released on PC anyway. That's word of mouth from Ubisoft themselves, which means that since it hasn't been a few days from that announcement, you're NOT getting ripped off. Yes, other people are getting it. I'm aware of that. I haven't gotten it yet. I'm not going on a tirade and *****ing and moaning on a forum because I got "ripped off" though, which is my whole point here.

Again, we're not trolling. You want to ***** and moan about something instead of either being patient and waiting, or contacting Support, then by all means. But there is absolutely NO need for you to attempt to get others to "side" with you and go against the people who are just trying to talk some sense into you, and maybe save you from blowing a gasket.

The problem is we're waiting because of carelessness. If you buy Freedom Cry separately today on Steam, everything works and you can play your DLC without issue. There is nothing that isn't ready to be distributed. This isn't related to the delay that Ubisoft mentioned. Someone just forgot to assign the content to those of us who have the season pass or the gold edition for some reason. Same thing happened to many of us who pre-ordered the gold edition, the season pass key wasn't assigned to us and we were missing content whereas those who bought after release were fine.

MnemonicSyntax
12-19-2013, 02:20 AM
The problem is we're waiting because of carelessness. If you buy Freedom Cry separately today on Steam, everything works and you can play your DLC without issue. There is nothing that isn't ready to be distributed. This isn't related to the delay that Ubisoft mentioned. Someone just forgot to assign the content to those of us who have the season pass or the gold edition for some reason. Same thing happened to many of us who pre-ordered the gold edition, the season pass key wasn't assigned to us and we were missing content whereas those who bought after release were fine.

I know the problem. I have the same issue.

However, the way you're handling it, and the way he's handling it are two different beasts.

Lastly, his is straight from Uplay, so the issue with Steam doesn't even apply to him.

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 06:31 AM
Lastly, his is straight from Uplay, so the issue with Steam doesn't even apply to him.

However that does seem to make it all the more likely this is a problem on Ubi's end with one of their staff either not having included the Freedom Cry content in the Season Pass library, or not having done it correctly. There could also have been a technical problem that popped up causing it to take longer to do so.

Sure Valve have people busy with Steam Machine and what not, but when it comes to game distribution, typically they're just waiting for info from the devs/pubs, whereas Ubi are frantically trying to get content polished and added to the liibraries.

This is one of the primary reasons there's nothing to justify Question's claims of Valve being at fault. Be patient peeps, Freedom Cry will probably be worth waiting for a few more precious days.

MnemonicSyntax
12-19-2013, 06:43 AM
However that does seem to make it all the more likely this is a problem on Ubi's end with one of their staff either not having included the Freedom Cry content in the Season Pass library, or not having done it correctly. There could also have been a technical problem that popped up causing it to take longer to do so.

Sure Valve have people busy with Steam Machine and what not, but when it comes to game distribution, typically they're just waiting for info from the devs/pubs, whereas Ubi are frantically trying to get content polished and added to the liibraries.

This is one of the primary reasons there's nothing to justify Question's claims of Valve being at fault. Be patient peeps, Freedom Cry will probably be worth waiting for a few more precious days.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It could be anyone's fault if it's a Steam/Uplay issue, or just Ubi's fault. Regardless, getting pissy isn't going to help anyone, nor get the game out any fast, so I absolutely agree, patience is key.

medavroog
12-19-2013, 01:02 PM

I do not recall the post you responded was made to address to you, sir. When you claim of "WE", who are the "WE" you refer ... you can only speak for yourself. When you claim of "NO ONE", how are you as mere one person speak for "everyone"? Like I have addressed before, shall you got issues against me "personally" ... let's take it into the "Private Message" ... and prevent more discomforts for other readers of the threads.

DJMAJIC
01-04-2014, 04:49 AM
Hey Every one i had this same prob about freedom cry dlc ......i tried and i got a solution follow these steps and ull get ur purchased dlc :-
1-login to your steam, go to library, right click on assassin creed 4,click on cd key,ull see all the keys for dlc and ur game as well if u dont then u have to contact steam,ok now copy to clipboard the key of freedom cry.
2-launch assassin creed 4,click on additional content,see on top right of the screen ull see activate product click on it,ctrl+v the key will appear,click activate & then they will tell u tht this key is for freedom cry,exit the game entirly
3-restart u play and click on play, now your dlc is in the game enjoy ppl.

if u have any other problem regarding dlc or any packs try to merge its key manually may b ull get lucky.

Good Day Lads.Enjoy Pirating LLAC 4

Abusaax
01-09-2014, 07:27 AM
Hey, I got a probŠem with the DLC Freedom Cry.. It should be out 17. Dec but i can only see 'Aveline mission' I have saeson pass and i've downloaded freedom cry. Can anyone help me? :confused: