PDA

View Full Version : AC4 companion app, "play with a friend".

StilleNachT
12-18-2013, 02:59 PM
So I see this mentioned in hints, and I also see that a friend has helped me in my shipping missions. I've looked everywhere in how to interact with this and join in my self etc.

I can't find anythng. When it says a friend has helped me I can't even see which friend did.

Sorry to sound so dense but what am I missing here???

MnemonicSyntax
12-18-2013, 04:55 PM
So I see this mentioned in hints, and I also see that a friend has helped me in my shipping missions. I've looked everywhere in how to interact with this and join in my self etc.

I can't find anythng. When it says a friend has helped me I can't even see which friend did.

Sorry to sound so dense but what am I missing here???

When you're at the screen to send ships out to sea, the ships you can select will also have friend names, like "Bob's ship" and I believe it's in blue. You can scroll down to it and either repair it (pointless) or speed it up (the better alternative.)

Sometimes when you're helped by other friends, it won't say who helped you, based on a glitch. Generally though, it will say the name of the person who sped you up when you hover over the ship while it's out to sea.

StilleNachT
12-18-2013, 06:37 PM
Ok well I have never seen the name of anyone helping me, nor seen any highlighted ships. I gather though they (as in my friends) are seeing mine. See my PS4 version is the upgrade from ps3 disc. Since I did this Idon't even seethe community challenges etc anymore.

The PS3 version though before upgrade was fine...

I can play online, everything else the pass does is there, but anything community based in SP seems missing or generally bugged :(

Da-FUQ??

MnemonicSyntax
12-18-2013, 06:41 PM
Community Challenges are currently having issues and being worked on. You're not alone.

StilleNachT
12-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Ah at least thy are aware then. Only problem is most will have completed Ac4 before this is fixed...