PDA

View Full Version : Freedom cry help

Critical Health
12-18-2013, 05:05 AM
I know this may be obvious, but how do you achieve the optional objective: kill de fayet with the branding iron. How do you do the the branding iron?

syndalis
12-18-2013, 05:41 AM
I know this may be obvious, but how do you achieve the optional objective: kill de fayet with the branding iron. How do you do the the branding iron?

I spent a significant amount of time on this one, and I figured it out, but it takes a bit of chance.

Start with the blunderbuss, and kill the four guards outside the gate. Step into the bushes and reload while de fayet runs through, followed by an army of guards. Use the blunderbuss again and kill as many of the guards as you can in one shot.

Reload the gun while cutting south across the rooftops as de fayet runs to a military camp on the southern side of town. When you step in, take out as many of the soldiers in there as possible with the blunderbuss. by this point there should only be 10-12 baddies left alive in the area, and if you are lucky, few heavies/agiles/gunners.

Go unarmed at this point, and wait for De Fayet to attack you (he will NOT attack you until he is in this base area, so do not even think to try and fight him before this.) Counter/Disarm him at this point (you do it by hitting the counter button once when he attacks, then hitting the jump button. This will pull the brand out of his hand and make it your weapon, at which point he will pull a sword. You need to wait for him to attack one more time (since he fights like an agile), counter, then hit jump again to kick him below the waist, at which point you can wail on him until he dies.

What will make this frustrating is that you have to deal with many many other enemies on screen while this is happening. This is why the blunderbuss shots are so important; if you do not thin the herd before this fight finally happens it is completely impossible, as opposed to simply frustrating.

Hope this helps. I just got the cheevo for 100% sync about 30 minutes ago.

Critical Health
12-18-2013, 05:52 AM
Does the choice of weapon affect this? Or can you kill him with whatever you want?

Savage Baird LE
12-18-2013, 05:54 AM
All you have to do is select your fists, disarm him when he finally stops running, then kill him with it. Simple.

syndalis
12-18-2013, 06:02 AM
All you have to do is select your fists, disarm him when he finally stops running, then kill him with it. Simple.

That's only half the answer though. If you just chase him, you will end up with nearly 20-30 guys 3-4 heavies and 5 gunners where he stops running, which makes doing anything nearly impossible.

You have to thin the herd as you go, and the blunderbuss is really good at it. As a bonus, you need to use it to get the other half of the sync as well, so it makes sense.

Just don't shoot de fayet.

Savage Baird LE
12-18-2013, 06:05 AM
That's only half the answer though. If you just chase him, you will end up with nearly 20-30 guys 3-4 heavies and 5 gunners where he stops running, which makes doing anything nearly impossible.

You have to thin the herd as you go, and the blunderbuss is really good at it. As a bonus, you need to use it to get the other half of the sync as well, so it makes sense.

Just don't shoot de fayet.
After running through the gate, I hearded like 10 guards and blunderblussed them then used smoke bombs to get the rest off my tail while chasing him. When he stopped running, I selected my fists, countered anyone that attacked me, disarmed de Fayat, and then killed everybody with the branding iron. You don't need to rely on the blunderbuss that match or climb any rooftops. Just chase him through the streets while dropping smoke bombs.

Whatever worked for you though. This is just how I did it.

ldeblaz
02-16-2014, 05:54 AM
I spent a significant amount of time on this one, and I figured it out, but it takes a bit of chance.

Start with the blunderbuss, and kill the four guards outside the gate. Step into the bushes and reload while de fayet runs through, followed by an army of guards. Use the blunderbuss again and kill as many of the guards as you can in one shot.

Reload the gun while cutting south across the rooftops as de fayet runs to a military camp on the southern side of town. When you step in, take out as many of the soldiers in there as possible with the blunderbuss. by this point there should only be 10-12 baddies left alive in the area, and if you are lucky, few heavies/agiles/gunners.

Go unarmed at this point, and wait for De Fayet to attack you (he will NOT attack you until he is in this base area, so do not even think to try and fight him before this.) Counter/Disarm him at this point (you do it by hitting the counter button once when he attacks, then hitting the jump button. This will pull the brand out of his hand and make it your weapon, at which point he will pull a sword. You need to wait for him to attack one more time (since he fights like an agile), counter, then hit jump again to kick him below the waist, at which point you can wail on him until he dies.

What will make this frustrating is that you have to deal with many many other enemies on screen while this is happening. This is why the blunderbuss shots are so important; if you do not thin the herd before this fight finally happens it is completely impossible, as opposed to simply frustrating.

Hope this helps. I just got the cheevo for 100% sync about 30 minutes ago.

Dude I would have never chased him that far. That helped so much thanks a lot!

jeffies04
02-18-2014, 02:52 AM
Here's what I did:

I snuck in the camp, and listened to him berating the slave a little bit and interrogating them. I killed the one guard wandering the yard and then BOOP! I popped out and he panics and starts running.

Interestingly, his lieutenants go following him. I used smoke bombs as I broke through the guards at the main gate. I'm now chasing de Fayet and his lieutenants through town. If any of the city watch guards start chasing me I smoke bomb them into submission.

A short distance into town, one by one a lieutenant will break off and attack. I just smoke bomb him in order to keep up with the Governor.

Once he gets to the camp, I blunderbuss the guards standing in formation, fulfilling the blunderbuss requirement and significantly reducing the number of enemies to fight. IF YOU HAVE THE LONG RANGE BLUNDERBUSS EQUIPPED: You may not hit enough of them. You need the original blunderbuss with a wide short range spread.

There shouldn't be too many left to fight at this point, but I deal with them one at a time. Using human shield (do NOT forget this), and counters, and defense-breaks on any heavies, I one by one pick them off. If the governor attacks me I throw him out of the way. It is not as hard as it looks in writing.

Finally it's just me and the Gov. I switch to unarmed immediately. He attacks with the branding iron, I disarm him and it's mine. I then immediately defense-break him (spinning him around) and hit attack, jamming the branding iron into his back.