PDA

View Full Version : Real tone cable - unknown device

Kruszy
12-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Hello,

Im having problems with my real tone cable, I have set everything according to the available pdf file, and still when i run the game i always get the warning that my "real tone cable is not configured for best performance.

Technically the cable works but sometimes it doesnt respond to the guitar strings i play, also if i stop touching the strings in the game it buzzes very loud (when im holding a finger on one string everything is quiet).

In the control panel device manager the cable is listed as an unknown device and im unable to update the drivers for it.

Im using Windows 7 x64 Professional SP1.

I also tried some solutions from different threads (unplugging the mic, trying different USB slots)

Please help!

rcole_sooner
12-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Double check all your drivers and even your bios version.

Kruszy
12-18-2013, 06:27 PM
All of mine USB drivers are up to date. My BIOS version is American Megatrends inc. 3.20 2012-05-11 on asrock p67 pro3 motherboard. It is possible to update BIOS to v. 3.30 but there are no changes regarding USB slots.

rcole_sooner
12-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Not too sure then.

For the buzzing, try facing your guitar away from your monitor, or try moving further away.

Another thing is to try moving the middle connection block on the Real Tone cable to different locations. That block can pickup EMI noise.