PDA

View Full Version : "kill flags" on fuselage

CraytonRoberts
05-07-2004, 11:53 AM
An interesting addition in, say, pilot career or on online flying, would be a program to add a small (what I call) "kill flag" on the usual location in your regular aircraft, each time after returning from a mission. Do-able?
Bob Roberts

CraytonRoberts
05-07-2004, 11:53 AM
An interesting addition in, say, pilot career or on online flying, would be a program to add a small (what I call) "kill flag" on the usual location in your regular aircraft, each time after returning from a mission. Do-able?
Bob Roberts

TgD Thunderbolt56
05-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Yup, there's a proggy for it called "paint kills". I have the proggy, but don't remember where I got it.

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/il2sig2.jpg

Chuck_Older
05-07-2004, 12:58 PM
I have "PaintVictories". It's a simple program, I beleive I got it at Mudmovers...which is apparently defunct.

You don't need it though. It can only add kill marks to non-default skins anyway. It is a neat program, but it is not part of Il*2:FB, it's seperate.

So open up your favorite skin in the skins folder, using a program you already have in Windows, called "Paint". Then click "Save as", rename the skin in the file, re-open the new name skin, and put your kill marks on with Paint. Simple.

The hillsides ring with, "Free the People",
Or can I hear the echoes from the days of '39?
~ Clash

yarbles67
05-07-2004, 01:08 PM
IMHO, this is a must add feature to Pacific Fighters. That small incentive would do wonders in terms of immersion for offline campaigning. Of course if you hit 'refly', you get a kill tally removed http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ki_Rin
05-07-2004, 04:51 PM
I thought of this earlier this week, but neglected to post it, now someone beat me to it, lol.

Janes WW2 fighters did this, lil black crosses on the fuselages of allied fighters, lil ribbons painted on the tails of axis ac for every kill one made, and deducting from when killed

Then again, Janes WW2 fighters had a reasonable kill/loss ratio stat as well, not like the horrible and unweildy "score" system il2/FB has