PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else interested in being able to explore the interiors of buildings?

marcbryan
12-17-2013, 03:19 AM
There are many times throughout the games where I'd wish that there would be more missions set indoors (i.e the opera house at the beginning of AC3). They gave us a small taste of it in Black Flag though, in my opinion, I was a little disappointed that we were only given an opportunity to explore the interior of a ship for one mission. I just feel like indoor missions would really round out the assassin concept and give the games more diversity especially in aesthetics and mission design/execution. Anyone else agree? Disagree?

adventurewomen
12-17-2013, 03:29 AM
From my experience AC has always been more about the exploration of the outdoor surroundings, there have been many times during all the games where there have been indoor exploration like the tombs & historical buildings in (AC2, Brotherhood etc..) it would be nice to see more of in future AC games.

marcbryan
12-17-2013, 03:34 AM
I almost forgot about the tombs/ cathedrals and the like. You're right. I just think it would be cool to incorporate assassination missions where you can sneak up to someone in a room somewhere and take them out silently/ not so silently.

adventurewomen
12-17-2013, 03:36 AM
I almost forgot about the tombs/ cathedrals and the like. You're right. I just think it would be cool to incorporate assassination missions where you can sneak up to someone in a room somewhere and take them out silently/ not so silently.
I'm happy to have reminded you. Yeah I agree, that is one of those most thing I really enjoy doing in AC games. :)

Rugterwyper32
12-17-2013, 04:00 AM
I honestly think it would be a bit too much of an undertaking. Though I'd like seeing explorable interiors of main landmarks. The sheer scope of the cities makes going into every building impossible, but something like ACR with the lairs around the place and then adding an element of exploring inside the landmarks (and finding underground secrets or somesuch, making secret locations accessible in different ways) could be pretty interesting if you ask me.

EzioAssassin51
12-17-2013, 04:28 AM
We do have some assassinations inside of buildings, but it would be nice to have some more free roam in buildings, landmarks or hidden tombs. Like Castel Sant'Angelo. Being able to re-enter that in Brotherhood was a lot of fun, even when I'd done everything in the game.

SixKeys
12-17-2013, 06:07 AM
Definitely. Obviously it shouldn't move the focus away from the exteriors, but I have the feeling they're already playing around with the possibilities. It was easy to miss, but there was one mission in AC4 when you kill the old Dutch guy, forgot his name where you had the choice to infiltrate his mansion either by rooftops or by going through the interior of his house. When I did the mission I just went via the rooftops, but when I came back for the collectibles, I realized you could sneak in through open windows and assassinate guards from hiding doors. The inside of the building was really nice and the doors worked great (they don't have that obvious shimmer that they do outside, they just look like normal doors). I also liked being inside the Capitol building in AC3 at the signing of the Declaration, too bad there was nothing to do there except talk to some people. I would love some more missions that take place inside interiors.

monteiro416
12-17-2013, 07:28 AM
I would also love some more indoor gameplay. I love the tombs/lairs and hope for something more along that line but assassinations would be really fun too.

Sushiglutton
12-17-2013, 10:00 PM
Of course, I don't see how anyone can not want more detailed and seamless indoor enviroments. It's simply better (all other things equal). I really loved in Brotherhood how you could climb into the Pantheon. Imagine exploring much more detailed indoor envirmonets like churches, palaces etc and then be able to jump through a window and just parkour away. Think it would be awesome. Maybe when they go full next gen and get that sweet 16 times extra RAM they will be able to do it.

Definitely. Obviously it shouldn't move the focus away from the exteriors, but I have the feeling they're already playing around with the possibilities. It was easy to miss, but there was one mission in AC4 when you kill the old Dutch guy, forgot his name where you had the choice to infiltrate his mansion either by rooftops or by going through the interior of his house. When I did the mission I just went via the rooftops, but when I came back for the collectibles, I realized you could sneak in through open windows and assassinate guards from hiding doors. The inside of the building was really nice and the doors worked great (they don't have that obvious shimmer that they do outside, they just look like normal doors). I also liked being inside the Capitol building in AC3 at the signing of the Declaration, too bad there was nothing to do there except talk to some people. I would love some more missions that take place inside interiors.

Yeah I noticed that too when I returned to that area, very cool. There's even a portrait of the owner :).

LoyalACFan
12-17-2013, 10:07 PM
I think it would be great, but only for specific missions. They don't have to be the linear tomb type of missions, but without an actual objective there's not a whole lot to do inside in a game like AC. Unless we're talking about gigantic cathedrals like the ones in AC2, which actually would have been cool to explore in free-roam, the only way I could see interiors working outside of missions is if they were tied to a gameplay loop similar to that of the plantations. Like you're robbing a castle's treasury or something that regenerates over time, so you have an incentive to go back.

MnemonicSyntax
12-17-2013, 10:11 PM
I know it's not Indoors INDOORS, but the new chase breakers with upstairs/downstairs are pretty nifty.

Sushiglutton
12-17-2013, 10:15 PM
I think it would be great, but only for specific missions. They don't have to be the linear tomb type of missions, but without an actual objective there's not a whole lot to do inside in a game like AC. Unless we're talking about gigantic cathedrals like the ones in AC2, which actually would have been cool to explore in free-roam, the only way I could see interiors working outside of missions is if they were tied to a gameplay loop similar to that of the plantations. Like you're robbing a castle's treasury or something that regenerates over time, so you have an incentive to go back.

I think there could still be platforming like challenges and enviromental puzzles inside cathedrals and other cool buildings. Maybe a bit of art theft. But no cutscene this time. Then they could obv set assassination sidemissions inside the buildings etc.

Wolfmeister1010
12-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Ii think YES. If I am right in thinking about victorian london, then it would be cool to go inside that theatre AGAIN lol

TAZ427
12-17-2013, 10:50 PM
I'd have to say I really did enjoy the interior investigation of the Glyph locations in AC:2 (or was that AC:B) but I can understand that in this environment it really didn't make sense. No grand cathedrals and the ruins were limited in (accurately so) in scope as to not make room to put these in and be realistic, IMHO.

Regarding the hull of the ship, there's only so much exploration that can be done. Maybe a mission that requires exploration through a multi-level Man 'o War / Legendary ship may have been something to do, but it's really a once and done.

That said, I really enjoyed the Pirating aspect and timeframe of AC4 and unlike others who itch and moan about it not being like the previous AC - AC:R games, I say more power to Ubi, keep it fresh, instead of re-doing the same stuff over and over again, which WAS a major gripe that many people had in AC:B and AC:R.