PDA

View Full Version : Two weeks and still no gameplay :(

starzandstripes
12-17-2013, 02:38 AM
I spent 1.5 weeks trying to get the game to even work. Finally got it to work, then it took me 4 hours to tune the guitar. Went to play my first song and wham, game locks up. Loaded again, another very long tuning session, wham same lock up. This pattern happens all the time. 6 for 6 now. I specifically got this game on a console to avoid these issues after hearing horror stories about the PC version, only to have my console experience still not work after all the time and effort I have put in, I still have yet to play the game. I hate to say it but I am also getting to the point of moving on. Can you guys understand the enthusiasm one has to want to play the guitar, only to get derailed due to the method you want use isn't working for you when it should? I am trying to stay with this game but at what point is enough, enough? I am almost two weeks in and have yet to experience any game or guitar play. All my time, and I do mean SIGNIFICANT Hours have been put into the game just to make try and make it playable. Ok my rant is over.

Wrathchild4312
12-17-2013, 03:54 AM
What system are you playing on Xbox or PS3? Those on Xbox have reported that installing the game to the HDD helps a lot, less disk spinning on the DVD drive.

starzandstripes
12-17-2013, 08:52 AM
What system are you playing on Xbox or PS3? Those on Xbox have reported that installing the game to the HDD helps a lot, less disk spinning on the DVD drive.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't try that so I will give that a shot.

Marauder359
12-17-2013, 09:55 AM
That should help, also, 6 for 6... that's a lot of freezing for your xbox. Is it well ventilated? That's obviously not the entire problem with the Xboxes, but it certainly contributes.

starzandstripes
12-18-2013, 01:48 AM
I know this is going to shock everyone but the game won't install, no shock to me. It starts to install then stops and never finishes. I get an error message saying can't read disc. Yet it was able to read it initially and begin the installation process. I truly am not sure what the **** I have to do to get this game to work. This whole situation is beyond incomprehensible to me. I am using a brand new Xbox and a brand new game. WTF??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

And Marauder thanks for the reply. I had previous issues with ventilation and I am fairly confident this is a non issue in this process.

C.Linton
12-18-2013, 02:05 AM
Sounds like either a faullty or dirty disc. I dunno.

Marauder359
12-18-2013, 02:29 AM
I know this is going to shock everyone but the game won't install, no shock to me. It starts to install then stops and never finishes. I get an error message saying can't read disc. Yet it was able to read it initially and begin the installation process. I truly am not sure what the **** I have to do to get this game to work. This whole situation is beyond incomprehensible to me. I am using a brand new Xbox and a brand new game. WTF??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

And Marauder thanks for the reply. I had previous issues with ventilation and I am fairly confident this is a non issue in this process.

That's actually helpful. There have been a number of people here that have encountered that. I haven't seen any actual response to the issue, but you may want to submit a ticket with that error message included because one of Ubisoft's minions mentioned here that that error may be a result of a bad batch of discs... if that's the case, you may just need a new copy of the game, and Ubisoft may send it to you.... Submit a ticket and see... there's no way for us to know that.

rcole_sooner
12-18-2013, 03:29 PM
On my old Xbox and the original Rocksmith, it took several tries to get the game to install, with read failures. That box always had trouble, however, as other games had disc issues, where the discs worked on my son's xbox fine.

I did get it installed, but eventually that old box went RROD.

The new slim box installed the same disc first try no problem.

So xbox disc drives, especially on the older xboxs, are not the most problem free devices out there. They need TLC and patience.

I have long since gone PC, so I have no experience with the new game on xbox.