PDA

View Full Version : Notes registry issues on hypnotize by system of a down?

StllBreathnButY
12-17-2013, 02:07 AM
Does anyone else have issues with the power chord on the fifth fret on this song? I can get it if I pick the three strings a little slower, but that messes up the song. I tried tweaking the tuning to get it as close as I can, but this song just doesn't like me for some reason. Shame too, I could totally 100% this if it registered.

StllBreathnButY
12-17-2013, 03:04 AM
I can't even pass it on score attack because it won't recognize it when I have to strum it fast. Failed, even though I can play it 93%, even with the shoddy recognition.

rocksmithdavid
12-17-2013, 03:42 AM
When I tune down to Eb drop D my guitar comes out of tune again after using the tuner for a while - this might be whats happening to you as well.

Have you tried tuning down to the song, play the guitar for a bit, then retune it again.

I had to do this 3 times the first time to get mine to stay in tune as my stings are not used to being tuned that low, so they naturally stretch back a little higher after I tune down - this throws it out of tune after about a minute.

Maybe that could be part of your problem too. But I have noticed that rocksmith seems to fail low notes more easily than high notes.

StllBreathnButY
12-17-2013, 05:07 AM
I have noticed the string go a little sharp after playing a bit and I've tried retuning, but no luck. It doesn't work, even right after I retune. The only way I can get the chords to work is if I slowly sweep through the notes, but a lot of the time the chords are too fast to allow me to do that.

Sigh... My guitar is dirty and my strings are old. This is a good time to clean it up and put fresh strings on. Might not help, but it couldn't hurt.

brads4
12-18-2013, 09:19 PM
You may also have serious intonation issues, which are amplified by tuning down too low. Combined with probably the wrong gauge strings for that kind of drop tuning. You should consider thicker gauge strings for use with Rocksmith. I leave 1 of my guitars tuned to drop C#, and I use 11-50 on that guitar.

10-48 on my Standard/Drop D

Brick235
12-18-2013, 09:57 PM
I've been using D'addario hybrid sets which have thicker gauges for the low 3 strings. This lets you have light strings for easier bends on the high strings but keep some tension for drop tuning. They're not too expensive and they're coated so they last a while. Haven't had too many issues with dropped notes on drop tuned songs.

StllBreathnButY
12-19-2013, 03:59 AM
You may also have serious intonation issues, which are amplified by tuning down too low. Combined with probably the wrong gauge strings for that kind of drop tuning. You should consider thicker gauge strings for use with Rocksmith. I leave 1 of my guitars tuned to drop C#, and I use 11-50 on that guitar.

10-48 on my Standard/Drop D

That's something to think about. I know the intonation is fine though.

brads4
07-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Well, you may want to check again. I had some messed up intonation on this song, and once I fixed it properly, Absolutely no note detection issues. I can pretty much guarantee unless you have a guitar specifically setup for Drop C, you will have intonation issues.. It's just not feasable to tune an e standard guitar down without side effects.

Whose_On_1st
02-27-2015, 01:19 AM
It wants to tune Esharp to Dsharp but if I tune it after the song starts to a Cflat/Dsharp It passes. Apparently the game is looking for a G there but with the tuning it recommends you end up with a Gsharp which counts as a miss. Easiest way is to tune from the fifth fret a solid G on the pause menu and the game will accept the E string now.