PDA

View Full Version : Rope Darts are WAY too expendable...

phoenix-force411
12-17-2013, 12:53 AM
I liked the fact that you were given more Rope Darts in ACIV: BF, but what I didn't expect is that they were expendable as heck. Using one would immediately expend 1 out 15 already. If you were to attempt to use one, and then a guard attacked you before Edward even threw out his rope dart it would expend the dart immediately. Even at 15, Rope Darts go down faster than in ACIII. In ACIII you can only have up to 5, but you wouldn't use up any Rope Darts unless it was used to hang a guard, counter an enemy, or do a double streak kill.

Kagurra
12-17-2013, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I don't like this either. Makes them feel more like smoke bombs or bullets and not like a static useful tool you always have.

phoenix-force411
12-17-2013, 01:18 AM
Yeah, I don't like this either. Makes them feel more like smoke bombs or bullets and not like a static useful tool you always have.
Smoke Bomb duration is about 4-5 seconds, which isn't really all that long. Plus, throwing knives are just pathetic, only one can be carried.

Kagurra
12-17-2013, 01:25 AM
Smoke Bomb duration is about 4-5 seconds, which isn't really all that long. Plus, throwing knives are just pathetic, only one can be carried.

Smoke bombs are already OP as is it, no need for them to last longer. xD

phoenix-force411
12-17-2013, 01:35 AM
Smoke bombs are already OP as is it, no need for them to last longer. xD
Yeah, they're fine, but the ACR ones are like the GOD versions of Smoke Bomb.

Kagurra
12-17-2013, 02:01 AM
Yeah, they're fine, but the ACR ones are like the GOD versions of Smoke Bomb.

I don't even really remember them in specific. I think that was the AC I spent the least amount of time in. I still was a decent game, and probably better than 3, but it was pretty stale at the time with the same engine and character and what not.

phoenix-force411
12-17-2013, 02:12 AM
I don't even really remember them in specific. I think that was the AC I spent the least amount of time in. I still was a decent game, and probably better than 3, but it was pretty stale at the time with the same engine and character and what not.

I loved the bombs. The smokebombs required you to use eagle sense to see through the smoke bombs since the smoke was a lot more thicker and if you go into it you can't really see yourself.

Fatal-Feit
12-17-2013, 02:14 AM

Yeah, throwing knives sucked in this one. I know they were attempting to make stealth a little harder but god damn, it was useless.

If they plan on keeping it this way, they should
1. Allow them to stack to 3.
2. Allow us to aim with them.
3. More animation for it.

phoenix-force411
12-17-2013, 02:19 AM
Yeah, throwing knives sucked in this one. I know they were attempting to make stealth a little harder but god damn, it was useless.

If they plan on keeping it this way, they should
1. Allow them to stack to 3.
2. Allow us to aim with them.
3. More animation for it.

Yeah, definitely. Make the protagonist seem like he/she is actually throwing it in the correct direction. Give us like 10 or something. ACB knives were kinda broken since guards didn't die when you threw a knife at them, but would die when you did the special knife throw. And lastly, yes, let us aim it too. They should also let us aim and throw our smoke bombs.

Kagurra
12-17-2013, 02:33 AM
Yeah, definitely. Make the protagonist seem like he/she is actually throwing it in the correct direction. Give us like 10 or something. ACB knives were kinda broken since guards didn't die when you threw a knife at them, but would die when you did the special knife throw. And lastly, yes, let us aim it too. They should also let us aim and throw our smoke bombs.

I really really love the throwing knife move that Ezio does to the two guards in the AC:B cinematic trailer. It's a more overhanded realistic throw. If throwing knives come back, I really hope they have that animation. Has a lot more weight too it.

Sushiglutton
12-17-2013, 02:33 AM
Yeah ropedarts should only be spent when you hane guards from trees imo.

Fatal-Feit
12-17-2013, 02:37 AM
I really really love the throwing knife move that Ezio does to the two guards in the AC:B cinematic trailer. It's a more overhanded realistic throw. If throwing knives come back, I really hope they have that animation. Has a lot more weight too it.

They could turn that into a double kill animation with the throwing knives. Make it happen, Ubisoft!

Kagurra
12-17-2013, 02:39 AM
They could turn that into a double kill animation with the throwing knives. Make it happen, Ubisoft!

Yeah, that's a possibility.