PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s creed® iv black flag™ freedom cry downloadable content launches

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Get ready to set sail as today, Ubisoft® announced that Freedom Cry, the all-new single-player downloadable content for Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™, will be available for download on December 18th on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. It will be available from tomorrow, December 17th, on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. Freedom Cry is also part of the Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag™ Season Pass.

Freedom Cry extends the award-winning Black Flag experience with a new self-contained nine mission story featuring Edward Kenway’s first mate, Adewale, who is forced to face his past and sets out to free slaves.

Once a pirate, now a trained Assassin and illustrious member of the brotherhood, Freedom Cry tells the story of Adewale 15 years after the end of Black Flag. Taking place in 18th century Haiti, Adewale will take his new crew and new set of weapons, including a machete and a blunderbuss, to assassinate enemies and free slaves, delivering merciless justice in plantations. When the fight goes to the seas, Adewale will command the Experto Crede, a fearsome brig that can take down the slavers in the Caribbean.

For players interested in the Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag™ Season Pass, it’s available now and includes Freedom Cry, as well as the exclusive Kraken Ship Pack, additional single-player missions, weapons, skins, and collectibles, including the Blackbeard’s Wrath add-on content as well as upcoming new characters for an expansive multiplayer experience.

For more information on Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag™, please visit assassinscreed.com and facebook.com/assassinscreed.

For the latest news on Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag™ collectible merchandise, please visit and like the page www.facebook.com/ubicollectibles (http://www.facebook.com/ubicollectibles).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUVNbI-nr5Y

*The PC version of the Freedom Cry DLC for Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag will release in the coming days. We are taking the extra time to apply a final layer of polish to ensure that it meets the expectations of our fans.

thesaint1965
12-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Any idea what time today please Ubi? additionally will it download automatically as I have season pack?

Kanharn
12-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Looks good.

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 11:26 AM
ac4 saves have been erased, or cloud is failing to sync
cant play a game if i dont know my saves are safe
help ubi, let us know why ur synchin servers are down for the last few days with initiates and now saves!
are our save games safe? i fear even starting a new game in that it will perm erase my old sync

crying

Coolboy52
12-17-2013, 02:18 PM
How can I get PC version of this DLC? Can't find it in Ubishop or anywhere else...

Frag_Maniac
12-17-2013, 02:43 PM
I have the Gold Edition with Season Pass and just got a fairly large Steam update that took at least a half hour to install. I assumed it was Freedom Cry, but when I launched the game I saw no new DLC in the download content tab of the main menu or in game. So how do you access Freedom Cry once it's installed?

adventurewomen
12-17-2013, 03:27 PM
I bought the AC4BF: Uplay Digital Deluxe Edition along with the Season Pass months ago directly from Uplay and Freedom Cry is still not appearing for me to download. What's going on Ubisoft? I want to play the Freedom Cry DLC, please. :(

L00n3y2k3
12-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Found the DLC ready to buy for Xbox 360. Still nothing for the pc. I do own the Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag™ Season Pass.

I'm "normally said" NOT HAPPY atm, but i'll guess i have to wait till tomorrow.

Mr_Shade
12-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Here is an update from the team about the release of the PC version:

“The PC version of the Freedom Cry DLC for Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag will release in the coming days. We are taking the extra time to apply a final layer of polish to ensure that it meets the expectations of our fans.”

L00n3y2k3
12-17-2013, 05:55 PM
here is an update from the team about the release of the pc version:

“the pc version of the freedom cry dlc for assassin’s creed iv black flag will release in the coming days. We are taking the extra time to apply a final layer of polish to ensure that it meets the expectations of our fans.”

omfg

Coolboy52
12-17-2013, 06:24 PM
In the coming days... When will that be?

AherasSTRG
12-17-2013, 06:26 PM
In the coming days... When will that be?
I hope before the week ends. Downloading DLCs is not the type of thing I imagine myself doing during Christmass' Eve.

MrLee95
12-17-2013, 10:20 PM

“The PC version of the Freedom Cry DLC for Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag will release in the coming days. We are taking the extra time to apply a final layer of polish to ensure that it meets the expectations of our fans.”

You announce this on RELEASE DAY... really?

I normally don't do these kind of posts but in this case.....

F uck You Ubisoft. Yet again you S hit on the PC community with your F ucking delays.
(Sorry Mr_Shade)

labelmabel
12-17-2013, 10:25 PM
You announce this on RELEASE DAY... really?

Upvote.

marine19811981
12-17-2013, 10:42 PM
I guess this would be the most appropriate time to say " Merry Christmas"

Frank-Castlle
12-18-2013, 12:41 AM
omfg

Took the words right out of my mouth.... OMFG Ubi, Stop treating your PC customers as gutter trash that you don't care about. If this is going to be delayed, you MUST write that in the description on the DLC so we know before pre-ordering. For Shame Ubisost, FOR SHAAAAAAME.

Alejandro.1977
12-18-2013, 12:44 AM
First post says on pc today

first

Frag_Maniac
12-18-2013, 01:14 AM

So for all I know that large AC IV Steam update I had yesterday may have been the FC DLC, but Valve has to wait for Ubi to get it working to unlock it for use?

Fiddle dee dee, me fingers are gettin weary waitin mates.

rubenetfoios
12-18-2013, 01:23 AM
how no... PC gamers enjoying the best quality programmers work and we get FacePalm! maybe if Ubi guys says officialy this things, we gamers don't start to be angry when we see that 17th dec doesn't exist anyone update for the fa*** DLC !! announciate it, please!!

ParabolicDreams
12-18-2013, 02:16 AM
I have come to accept that UBI will nearly never release anything for PC at the same time as consoles, but to delay on release day is just piss poor.

xar623
12-18-2013, 02:49 AM
i can wait, still playing aciv whole new game again :D

DJ_Cas
12-18-2013, 08:44 AM
ac4 saves have been erased, or cloud is failing to sync
cant play a game if i dont know my saves are safe
help ubi, let us know why ur synchin servers are down for the last few days with initiates and now saves!
are our save games safe? i fear even starting a new game in that it will perm erase my old sync

crying

I doubt that Ubisoft will fix the issue with syncing saves+not being saved MP progress. I've had such situation but in Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Guess what support answered me? - We are sorry but we can't restore your saves from cloud. I've uninstalled TCSC: Blacklist immedeatly after seeing that MP progress is not saved on Ubisoft server side as all normal companies have after reinstalling new OS... + All saves are saved on disk C in Program Files/Uplay folder (not in My Documents, not on disk D where the game is installed) - that's just the top line of idiocity

P.S. And that's what telling me the company which build Uplay and wanna compete with Steam. Huh?!!?! Goshhh. Not even surprised for their delay. Ubisoft you could prepare earlier and input more physical and moral activited to make your customers happier then being just who you are right now for PC community!

That's not shame, that's a disaster ...

Swathe
12-18-2013, 10:22 AM

******. The contempt UBISoft has for its PC customers is disgusting. You never launch PC content on time. Ever. I'll bet real money right now that the PC version of Watch_Dogs is delayed as well.

"For polish".

Yeah, we're pretty ****** sick of that excuse too.

L00n3y2k3
12-18-2013, 11:04 AM
******. The contempt UBISoft has for its PC customers is disgusting. You never launch PC content on time. Ever. I'll bet real money right now that the PC version of Watch_Dogs is delayed as well.

"For polish".

Yeah, we're pretty ****** sick of that excuse too.

I'm pretty sick of this **** myself. I'm wondering why i even bother to get an expensive version of the game while we pc players get ****ed in the *** all the time.
I also wonder why i'm not downloading this game instead of giving ubisoft my well deserved money!

It's because i REALLY like Assasin's creed. Otherwise i would download it! Think about this Ubi

medavroog
12-18-2013, 11:53 AM
*The PC version of the Freedom Cry DLC for Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag will release in the coming days. We are taking the extra time to apply a final layer of polish to ensure that it meets the expectations of our fans.

... okay, I will wait ... but please do NOT disappoint us "again"; thank you.

Shifty-Gears
12-18-2013, 12:32 PM

Well this is the last straw for me, I have been buying ubi games for years and years and I am sick of their bs

So from now on if it says ubisoft on it, I WILL NOT BUY IT OR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT .!.!.

It's just not worth it $$ to put up with their CHIT

jordysmart
12-18-2013, 01:10 PM
ok, it is unfair that ubisoft releases the DLC on consele and says ON RELEASE DAY that the PC version still needs polish. i have bought the season pass and want my DLC i can wait but that just isn't fair to say on release day. i'll be waiting for my DLC

AherasSTRG
12-18-2013, 02:12 PM
It's out. Not more than 24 hours after the supposed delay.

MrLee95
12-18-2013, 04:53 PM

It's shows up on Uplay DLC's but not in Steam.
Loaded up the game and don't see it anywhere.

It seems if you bought it directly from Uplay you can play it, but if you bought from Steam you cannot? WHAT!!?!

MnemonicSyntax
12-18-2013, 05:23 PM
It's shows up on Uplay DLC's but not in Steam.
Loaded up the game and don't see it anywhere.

It seems if you bought it directly from Uplay you can play it, but if you bought from Steam you cannot? WHAT!!?!

Steam updates their servers, according to Mr. Shade, at around 6pm GMT.

So, it's just a matter of Steam updating the game, that's all.

medavroog
12-18-2013, 05:37 PM

Seems to be FALSE for me ... despite My Uplay states I OWN the "Freedom Cry" DLC as well as I OWN the "Season's Pass" ... despite after a long download/update process by My Uplay ...
... the said DLC, "Freedom Cry", is no-where to be found nor accessible in my AC IV - Black Flag's in-game Menu.
... once again, I am ripped-off by UbiSoft.

itsBaconator
12-19-2013, 04:00 AM
It's available for purchase through Steam, and Uplay says I own it but, I can't access it. I've been trying for hours. Nothing is working.

Anykeyer
12-19-2013, 06:49 AM
No support for companion app...

Steam: forgot to add files for season pass owners
Forgot to add achievemnts for Steam version

I already started to see incredible amount of polish in this one. Problem is - some polish games have less bugs

DJ_Cas
12-19-2013, 07:58 AM
*******. The contempt UBISoft has for its PC customers is disgusting. You never launch PC content on time. Ever. I'll bet real money right now that the PC version of Watch_Dogs is delayed as well.

"For polish".

Yeah, we're pretty ***** sick of that excuse too.

You can always ask a refund for pre-ordered game which was not released yet. Did you know? :)

MikeCMD
12-19-2013, 08:13 AM
They really botched this one and refuse to address it

Desmond.Miles.
12-19-2013, 08:59 AM
No ****** cry dlc for steam season pass owners. Actually i would have been surprised if there were no issues, would mean Ubisoft actually care about AC fans and we all know that's not possible. The laws of physics and existance don't allow it.

Wait I'm wrong - there aren't such things as "AC fans"
Everyone hate you, Ubi :)
The ones that love you are the guys who pirate your games cuz pirated releases have no issues whatsoever.
Conclusion thepiratebay provides better service when it comes to games than ubisoft

inb4 it was steam's issue not ours
let's see if you can go that low

medavroog
12-19-2013, 01:30 PM
I already started to see incredible amount of polish in this one. Problem is - some polish games have less bugs

... sadly, some fan-boi's fail to see this simple fact, and some even troll against our feedback.
... with such "supports" from the fan-boi's, what are we to expect from UbiSoft on this matter?

Shahinsateei
12-19-2013, 06:50 PM
Can anyone confirm if they can play freedom cry on uPlay? I just bought the season pass on uPlay and it just says that i own the game. nothing more. There's no update either. Solutions?

medavroog
12-19-2013, 06:58 PM
Can anyone confirm if they can play freedom cry on uPlay? I just bought the season pass on uPlay and it just says that i own the game. nothing more. There's no update either. Solutions?

... shall you have checked most of the threads, you should notice that ... those of us who are owners of the Season's Pass ... CANNOT access the "Freedom Cry" DLC because it NEVER downloaded ... our game version NEVER got updated.
... the Confirmation is NEGATIVE and NO.

Dellers
12-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be a few new achievements for this? There were 4 for the Blackbeard DLC, but I don't see any more with Freedom Cry. Yet another bug?

Frag_Maniac
12-20-2013, 06:47 AM
Got my Freedom Cry update via Steam and am 1/3 way through it now. I'm sure when Ubi gets things fixed you guys that got it on UPlay will have it too.

The game wouldn't even launch the first time after it installed though. Disabling the UPlay overlay allowed it to launch and play. I got one screen freeze in Port Au Prince while looting a corpse, but otherwise it's been playing fine.

Good luck guys, it's a good one. Nice maps and new side missions, and unlike Aveline, it's got collectibles and optional objectives just like the main game. Some good sailing and exploring too, including diving.

Anykeyer
12-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Wasn't there supposed to be a few new achievements for this? There were 4 for the Blackbeard DLC, but I don't see any more with Freedom Cry. Yet another bug?

Yes. with mp characters pack Ubi updated ONLY steam versions' achievements. When freedom cry came out they updated every other version (so they have vanilla + both dlc achievements), but not steam.
Incompetence is such a weak word...

Dellers
12-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Well, they finally showed up for me a couple of hours ago. Then I won't have any trouble actually getting the achievements since I have barely started the DLC.

MAVERIQUE73
12-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Like many AC4 fans, I purchased the Deluxe Edition and Season Pass. The result: Freedom Cry shows up on my DLC but I cannot access anything at all.

Okay Ubisoft, delays may happen but you are clueless about the way to treat the very people that pay your wages - us. Any good business communicates with their customers if there is a problem so that they know the score early on. If you had done this, you would not have received as many comments as you have. People appreciate openness.

However, to totally ignore us and give the impression that you do not 'give a toss' is utterly disgusting.

This is the last time I ever buy a Season Pass early from you and I will not be spending any more money on Uplay any time soon. It beggars belief that those of us that bought direct from you will be the very last to access Freedom Cry. You seriously need to get your act together in the future.

esckobar
12-22-2013, 12:58 AM
As I stated in another thread, I'm having the same problem.

Deluxe Edition owner, with the Season Pass, on Steam.

On Uplay, it says I own the Season Pass and Freedom Cry, but the content is nowhere to be found within the game.

Seriously.. fix this.

georgekimo
12-22-2013, 01:31 PM
I buy the game and season pass from Steam...
I got the same problem.... can't found the DLC in game....
and I just copy My Season Pass CD-Key and activate it on U-play....
than the U-play show a message that I "OWN" the Season Pass....
Now I CAN find the Freedom Cry in game....
so, maybe you guys should try this way?

Mithhil
12-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Bought the DLC but can't find where to start it. Looks like a lot of people are having the same problem. Please, fix this.

Frag_Maniac
12-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Bought the DLC but can't find where to start it. Looks like a lot of people are having the same problem. Please, fix this.

Are you looking at the Aveline tab in the main menu?

Mithhil
12-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Are you looking at the Aveline tab in the main menu?

nope, i just bought the freedom cry dlc

Hydrosung
12-26-2013, 01:49 AM
I have the Uplay Gold Edition of AC4 and can't see the DLC anywhere. When I view it on the dlc page in uplay it just tells me to buy it. When I check my keys in Uplay it says that I own AC4: Gold but in game I only see the Aveline missions. I still have not received a patch yet I am seeing reports of others being able to patch days ago. Do I just not get any of the DLC I paid for? :(

Edit: Well on a whim I checked the key page of Gamefly (Where I bought the game) and apparently there is 2nd Product key that was not there before. I guess the season pass has a key that is separate than the Gold Edition key. They must have put it on there and decided not inform me that I had to check back at a later date for the second key. Oh well....at least the game is updating now.

Mithhil
12-26-2013, 04:20 AM
Managed to solve my problem, turned out that i had to go to steam and copy the new cd key i got from freedom cry and paste on Activate Product option on Uplay.

hgn_q3
01-26-2014, 12:05 PM
... shall you have checked most of the threads, you should notice that ... those of us who are owners of the Season's Pass ... CANNOT access the "Freedom Cry" DLC because it NEVER downloaded ... our game version NEVER got updated.
... the Confirmation is NEGATIVE and NO.

Hi there, finally a post who address my problem also.
My first post this, about this matter.

I have purchased allot of DLC contents but can not access it.
What is this matter all about?

Are we actually framed in this?
If so, this on borderline criminal act, as we do not get what we have bought..

Another thing maybe people in here can enlighten me on:
I can not access the map in Captains cabin, it says the Ubisoft servers is not available, is this a common issue or is this something just located on my PC?

Any feedback from the community will be greatly appreciated guys!

hgn_q3

Mr_Shade
01-26-2014, 07:26 PM
Hi,

Anyone with technical issues - such as issues connecting - or - code issues, should speak to support directly.

The forums are not here to replace that, since we can't help with codes or individual issues, so please contact them:

www.support.ubi.com

hgn_q3
01-27-2014, 08:25 AM
Hi,

Anyone with technical issues - such as issues connecting - or - code issues, should speak to support directly.

The forums are not here to replace that, since we can't help with codes or individual issues, so please contact them:

www.support.ubi.com

Ok, thank you.

Will do.