PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s creed® iv black flag™ freedom cry downloadable content launches

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Get ready to set sail as today, Ubisoft® announced that Freedom Cry, the all-new single-player downloadable content for Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™, will be available for download on December 18th on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. It will be available from tomorrow, December 17th, on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. Freedom Cry is also part of the Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag™ Season Pass.

Freedom Cry extends the award-winning Black Flag experience with a new self-contained nine mission story featuring Edward Kenway’s first mate, Adewale, who is forced to face his past and sets out to free slaves.

Once a pirate, now a trained Assassin and illustrious member of the brotherhood, Freedom Cry tells the story of Adewale 15 years after the end of Black Flag. Taking place in 18th century Haiti, Adewale will take his new crew and new set of weapons, including a machete and a blunderbuss, to assassinate enemies and free slaves, delivering merciless justice in plantations. When the fight goes to the seas, Adewale will command the Experto Crede, a fearsome brig that can take down the slavers in the Caribbean.

For players interested in the Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag™ Season Pass, it’s available now and includes Freedom Cry, as well as the exclusive Kraken Ship Pack, additional single-player missions, weapons, skins, and collectibles, including the Blackbeard’s Wrath add-on content as well as upcoming new characters for an expansive multiplayer experience.

For more information on Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag™, please visit assassinscreed.com and facebook.com/assassinscreed.

For the latest news on Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag™ collectible merchandise, please visit and like the page www.facebook.com/ubicollectibles (http://www.facebook.com/ubicollectibles).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUVNbI-nr5Y

*The PC version of the Freedom Cry DLC for Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag will release in the coming days. We are taking the extra time to apply a final layer of polish to ensure that it meets the expectations of our fans.

Savage Baird LE
12-16-2013, 09:59 PM
Is the Xbox One ever going to get the Kracken Ship Pack?

Papa_Igor
12-17-2013, 06:44 PM
I have bought Season Pass today from Uplay, and still there's no Freedom Cry in my game. What's the matter?

MadDogg59
12-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I bought season pass awhile ago and Freedom Cry isn't showing up at all.

DaBamm
12-18-2013, 02:45 AM
Stuck on "init DLC Package" screen after 3452 reboots and cache clears....uninstalls and heart attacks.

RinoTheBouncer
12-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Still not available on the UK Store. It’s already past 8:00 AM here. Dec 18th.

grimsakashane
12-18-2013, 11:49 AM
hi im on ps3 and the DLC is not showing up why. But its in the xbox store but not ps3 what i av it on?

MinoDan
12-18-2013, 11:53 AM
12 pm in germany and still not available in the PSN store.

What the hell is going on?

RinoTheBouncer
12-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Still not in the UK store. It’s 11AM in the UK and nothing on the PS Store nor the Additional Contents/Entire Catalogue lists.

xingjian
12-18-2013, 12:53 PM
Still not in the UK store. It’s 11AM in the UK and nothing on the PS Store nor the Additional Contents/Entire Catalogue lists.

It's 13.00 in Hungary. The DLC is not even on the list. I bought the season pass. Xbox customers are already playing it, and PS customers have to wait. Why? We purchased the content like the Xbox customers. I'm sick of it, that Ubi can't do anything on time. We wait for the patch 1 month, now we wait for the dlc. All I do is wait all the time for something I alreasy paid for. Arghhhhh.

RinoTheBouncer
12-18-2013, 01:35 PM
It's 13.00 in Hungary. The DLC is not even on the list. I bought the season pass. Xbox customers are already playing it, and PS customers have to wait. Why? We purchased the content like the Xbox customers. I'm sick of it, that Ubi can't do anything on time. We wait for the patch 1 month, now we wait for the dlc. All I do is wait all the time for something I alreasy paid for. Arghhhhh.

I totally agree with you. Same problems happened last years with ToKW.

MinoDan
12-18-2013, 01:38 PM
I totally agree with you. Same problems happened last years with ToKW.

To be fair that is not soley Ubisofts fault. Sony updates PSN Wednesday while Micrsoft updates Marketplace on Tuesdays.

Nevertheless the DLC should be there by now.

RinoTheBouncer
12-18-2013, 01:42 PM
To be fair that is not soley Ubisofts fault. Sony updates PSN Wednesday while Micrsoft updates Marketplace on Tuesdays.

Nevertheless the DLC should be there by now.
Yeah, I mean why should plays on UK store get it when it’s the 18th in US time?

MinoDan
12-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I mean why should plays on UK store get it when it’s the 18th in US time?
Oh, okay. That would mean its 5 am in the US?!
So we probably have to wait another 3 to 4 hours?

SvnFtr
12-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Stuck on "init DLC Package" screen after 3452 reboots and cache clears....uninstalls and heart attacks.

I also have been initializing dlc package since launch, with the occasional crash to home screen thrown in for kicks.

DaBamm
12-19-2013, 03:17 AM
I disabled my network connection, rebooted and signed in but not online (still leaving the network connection disabled) started the DLC and it worked. I reenabled my network connection and the game froze.

So...I started from beginning and left the connection disabled and it is playable and it saves.

BATISTABUS
12-24-2013, 05:28 AM
Just beat the DLC. While the story and playing as Adewale was very enjoyable, this was significantly more glitchy than even AC3. Multiple times, glitches caused me to desynchronize. At least 5 times when I went to assassinate an enemy, they duplicated into either two or three enemies and I wouldn't kill any of them. One time, the game went completely black except for the HUD which showed me moving on the map, and would not revert until I went back to the console's main menu.

Also, this was a pretty good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knyIwp1V6-U&feature=youtu.be

Moettay
12-25-2013, 08:37 PM
Whenever I try to buy the dlc it states that there is a "Servor error" anyone else have this problem, or know how to fix it?

jackalex545
01-07-2014, 11:08 AM
The true glory of Assassin’s Creed 2 is that what you have here is a video game with immense thematic depth, and thankfully none of it is buried under the violence and otherwise repetitive gameplay where you essentially just go around pretending to be Spiderman all the while collecting pigeon feathers and putting hidden blades into the heads of Italian security guards.

MirdoK32
01-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Is there no plan to port this DLC to WiiU? You have a lot of loyal fans who would love this content.

Abusaax
01-09-2014, 07:46 AM
It's 9. Jan and i Still not got Freedom Cry.. I looked at the store and I can see that i've downloaded it but it doesn't shows up at all.. There is only Aveline missions.

SZLISZE
01-09-2014, 10:34 AM
Get ready to set sail as today, Ubisoft® announced that Freedom Cry, the all-new single-player downloadable content for Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™, will be available for download on December 18th on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. It will be available from tomorrow, December 17th, on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. Freedom Cry is also part of the Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag™ Season Pass.

Freedom Cry extends the award-winning Black Flag experience with a new self-contained nine mission story featuring Edward Kenway’s first mate, Adewale, who is forced to face his past and sets out to free slaves.

Once a pirate, now a trained Assassin and illustrious member of the brotherhood, Freedom Cry tells the story of Adewale 15 years after the end of Black Flag. Taking place in 18th century Haiti, Adewale will take his new crew and new set of weapons, including a machete and a blunderbuss, to assassinate enemies and free slaves, delivering merciless justice in plantations. When the fight goes to the seas, Adewale will command the Experto Crede, a fearsome brig that can take down the slavers in the Caribbean.

For players interested in the Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag™ Season Pass, it’s available now and includes Freedom Cry, as well as the exclusive Kraken Ship Pack, additional single-player missions, weapons, skins, and collectibles, including the Blackbeard’s Wrath add-on content as well as upcoming new characters for an expansive multiplayer experience.

For more information on Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag™, please visit assassinscreed.com and facebook.com/assassinscreed.

For the latest news on Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag™ collectible merchandise, please visit and like the page www.facebook.com/ubicollectibles (http://www.facebook.com/ubicollectibles).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUVNbI-nr5Y

*The PC version of the Freedom Cry DLC for Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag will release in the coming days. We are taking the extra time to apply a final layer of polish to ensure that it meets the expectations of our fans.

Realize when you added a new story element, you claimed the game was incomplete or defective, one can argue to death about bugs, but this means the whole game's story wasn't on the disk. Forget it not being on my system. It's not like a twisted story line (King Washington) or added skins which is dubious enough. Or unlocked rewards.
Question is within 90 days you can technically return this as a result. Actually that Captain Kidd stuff in III may compare a little. The day you called it a chapter of the story it sort of became like that.
Now I may be devious in thinking and pointing this out but I am not litigious at least. I'm not. Tell you the truth was a bit relieved when I saw no DLC in the eShop but then again it is a story chapter attached to site missions. I suppose there are some multi-player screws too. Basically you go out and sold an incomplete game before, exposing this before the 90 days of most are likely over. Although you can get through it before that. Trust me, other companies will here me about this too. I come from a time where a game would go 20-50 hrs and be complete, granted before internet activity. Course usually a Final Fantasy and now those stink and males are super girly. Not sure why this is done oddly enough anticipation for a new sequel could be a nut buster with no time and no extra download to go through while you wait. Not that it isn't fun slashing away for the hell of it. Ransacking Cuba fleeting Hunter Man of Wars. Maybe you under state your own games value without thinking about it. But I don't know 50ish for an incomplete game. Maybe shed some bureaucracy and finish it by release date. Or charge 20 and then DLC seems reasonable as long as it's not too much.

russellie1
01-19-2014, 12:22 PM
All at a price and only for those who have the luxury of being able to pay for an expensive download, thats if you can get a signal !!!!!!!!!
Russ

Exodusith
01-19-2014, 10:51 PM
Finished Freedom Cry today.

I do not want to go into alot of detail, as most of my criticisms and comments are the same as those of my AC4 review in an earlier post. I would like to add criticisms specific to this DLC though.

* Adewale was a boring one dimensional character. Pretty much on a par with Connor for worst Assassin thus far. Doesn't help that the voice actor again sounds like he is reading off a page with little emotional range. I never want to see him in a game again please.

* Whilst the slavery theme has served well as a shock and awe story tool, it is getting tiresome. Doing nothing but freeing slaves got very old, very fast. The story lacked any impact on me as a result. I can't even remember the names of the main protagonists, it was so forgettable. Please can we move away from ships, slaves, and water for the next game.

* The music in this was dreadful, and highly inappropriate. The series has had a very iconic soundtrack template, mostly cello and taiko drums. Hearing random tribal chanting was horrendous, and a disservice to the series as a whole. Thy kingdom for Jesper Kyd.

* The biggest crime is that you had Edward Kenway. One of the best characters so far. And yet you do a DLC with a throwaway nobody instead? *shakes head*

Taranis069
01-20-2014, 06:42 AM
Hey i know this isnt the place for this but i cant even get freedom cry cos of my inability to obtain the season pass for it after i paid for the season pass code and successfully entered it. it just came up with a error!!
it seemed like a shock to me as everything else has been downloaded for Ac4.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! as this is gonna ruin the game itself if i cant be able to obtain freedom cry. :(

as im incapable to upload the picture this is what came up when i tried to get the season pass/

We're sorry, this product cannot be purchesed at this time (E-820001130)

Again someone please help as ive asked every ware and no one will help.

Mr_Shade
01-21-2014, 10:34 PM
Hey i know this isnt the place for this but i cant even get freedom cry cos of my inability to obtain the season pass for it after i paid for the season pass code and successfully entered it. it just came up with a error!!
it seemed like a shock to me as everything else has been downloaded for Ac4.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! as this is gonna ruin the game itself if i cant be able to obtain freedom cry. :(

as im incapable to upload the picture this is what came up when i tried to get the season pass/

We're sorry, this product cannot be purchesed at this time (E-820001130)

Again someone please help as ive asked every ware and no one will help.
Hi,

Have you contacted support?

www.support.ubi.com

They should be able to help with code issues such as this?

bitebug2003
01-25-2014, 09:15 PM
Initial Feedback
Do Not KILLAnyone While Investigating

Shoot Sleep Dart - puts the enemy to sleep (they are snoring) -> while they are sleeping you can Knock Out them by kicking them once (they roll about doubled-up in pain) -> you can then Assassinate them by kicking them again (they will be lifeless/dead).

So why does it not register this optional objective as completed when I don't Assassinate them?

I have done the same mission a few times and each time same result.

Have to say the AI is very unpredictable.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/Bitebug2003/indiff_zps7549f5a4.gif

labrodent1
01-26-2014, 02:54 AM
Greetings friends and Assassins. I recently purchased AC III for the Wii U and love it. I have tried I and II on the 360 and never could get into it. I purchased this to see if the port to the Wii U would be what I'm looking for, and it is. I am considering Black Flag for the Wii U. Today I was informed that there will be no DLC for the Wii U. I am deeply saddened and feel left down.

I would like to know the reason for this decision. Ubisoft has been a great supporter of the Wii U. I have been a big supporter of Ubisoft on the Wii U.They have stated in the past that they like the hardware, and like making use of the game pad. To me, the game pad is what make the Wii U special. Other games Ubisoft has made for the Wii U have had DLC, AC III, as well as Splinter Cell. Why not Black Flag? This is a big let down for many Wii U fans. It will hurt the console in the long run. So someone from Ubisoft, please, kindly give us an explanation for this decision.

Thanks. And keep up the great work.
lab

Mr_Shade
01-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Hi,

The only information we have to share, is unfortunately the DLC is not available on Wii U.

bitebug2003
01-27-2014, 02:27 AM
Final thoughts

Freedom Cry DLC was OK
Story was OK
Content was Good
Music wasn't to my taste - it was alright
I didn't really like Adewale in AC4 - he seemed to have his own agenda and to an extent this carried over to the DLC.
I did like the different objectives even if I've REALLY come to hate tail/eavesdrop missions (the circle around the eavesdrop missions is ANNOYING)

As I mentioned in my initial impressions - the AI seemed unpredictable and unrealistic at time - this really put a dent in my overall enjoyment of the DLC

pacmanate
02-04-2014, 01:06 PM
So why hasn't Adewale's elasticated hood been patched?