PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway to force-load a cloud save?

Qoheles
12-16-2013, 05:32 PM
The HDD where my saves were stored got corrupted, so I had to reinstall windows, and now I've lost my local saves.

When I load up AC4, I have 3 blank "New Game" options. Is there any way I can make Uplay load one a cloud save? Even if the completion percentage is wrong, it's still better than having to start everything from scratch.

Basically, I have NO saves on my current HDD. I know there are some saves that were synched to Uplay before the reformat, and I'd like to know if it's possible to retrieve them.

Uranus888
12-16-2013, 09:53 PM
If you had Cloud syn enabled before the crash and enable it again in your Uplay settings, the last available savegames should be synced again.

Qoheles
12-17-2013, 03:07 AM
Well, crap. I disabled Cloud Save after I was taking a break with AC4 and was playing something else that I didn't want Cloud for...

But either way, shouldn't renabling Cloud give me my last save? =|

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 11:30 AM
im lost too mate! many threads seem to be up about it
are our games really lost?!?!

im a tad freaking out here
I never turned cloud sync off , and if u read not many people did and are posting that saves are gone after a sp or mp crash,
please help?

Qoheles
12-18-2013, 03:42 AM
I'm worried that if I start a new game, it'll overwrite whatever I already have in the cloud.

Qoheles
12-18-2013, 04:21 AM
Weird as heck. I loaded up AC3, and it synched a cloud save, and I got my old AC3 save back.

But it simply refuses to synch my AC4 saves in from the cloud.

Kaldire
12-18-2013, 04:52 AM
ac4 saves are lost .. read the post from the mod

its sad, so if u guys are serious and upset like i am, call and be polite express your feelings and beg them to try to get rollback saves or anything

ac3 worked fine, it was the ac4 sync server that is and was disabled still

if u have no save games shown and u saw that, and cloud sync was on, you just lost your saves :(
sorry all

im also worried if i start new it will overwrite the 1% chance our saves are in tact..
but here is something no matter what ubi should post a sticky about

USERS AND GAMERS
every few days or when u feel the need, BACKUP THE SAVES manually by turning off cloud sync and copying the saves folder to somewhere else

its the only way to recover from this kind of thing and i was at 99% sync and 90+ hours in the game ac4 alone. im so .

sad

anyone know about if we even play the dlc or start a new game if it will erase our cloud saves IF they are luckily there??

anyone who feels this is terrible and wants to file a complaint, pm me or email me drewmiscmail@gmail.com my lawyer asked me to get as many real and e signatues as possible
as this loss of data violates ubis own TOS

pm or email me all those in need, nothing may come of it, but im trying hard to get at least a letter of apology and maybe a free game like ac2 or even rayman etc, or upgrades for people who dont have them on ac4 to the season passes etc_

Qoheles
12-18-2013, 05:19 AM
What post from what mod? :confused: