PDA

View Full Version : Speakers for PC

Azardflip
12-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Im about to replace my old PC speakers and this time i'll pick up some good ones since they're pretty much my amp these days.

So which one are you guys using? Any recommendations? Pretty open when it comes to price, looking for something that sounds good. Doesn't have to be 5.1.

rcole_sooner
12-16-2013, 05:34 PM
I really like my Creative Lab P7800 speakers.

I've bought other sets since, but this one blows them all away.

Now the Logitech high end stuff is great for Home Theater use, but does not work as well for Rocksmith. Not nearly as well. Don't know why.

The P7800 set is nearly as good as some dedicated equipment with Rocksmith. It is like they were made for each other.

...oh, yeah, .... moving to the gear forum..

shihdo
12-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Rokit seem to be a popular choice and come in a variety of sizes, dont be fooled by some of the sales pics, they are good sized pieces of hardware.
pricewise they do seem a bit expensive if your on a tight budget but there are some good "monitor" type speakers for less money.

I'm currently debating a pair of QTX Sound QR5B Active DJ Disco PA Studio Home PC Speakers available on ebay ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230959250128?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 ) and just trying to figure out the attachment side of things.

I think to get the best out of some of these speakers a good sound card upgrade would be needed but it seems that RS2014 is a bit picky about the soundcard it will work with.

Try a search for studio PC monitors as opposed to pc speakers for some better equipment.

matty42degc
12-18-2013, 11:36 AM
If your looking at 2.0 systems, Creative t20, creative t40, Edifier R1600T all seems highly rated for the price.

I use T20's and they are great for how small they are, but not as my main speakers, I have an amp and full size speakers for when I want crazy volume.