PDA

View Full Version : Which of the RS2014 DLCs do you like?

daddy_felix
12-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Every week the same complaints: Who wants XYZ, it's a stupid band, it's not big etc.

Let's make a little survey. Check the dlcs you are happy about (even if you didn't buy them).

PS: I might have forgotten a japanese dlc. But the maximum of 10 items per poll is reached, so it would not have fitten anyway ;)

TheJohnNewton
12-16-2013, 04:01 PM
I'm happy for all dlc because everyone's taste is different so the more dlc the more people who will be happy. The ultimate would be every song ever recorded available. As for which I personally like why would anyone but Ubi care? And the vote that matters to them is the one made with the purchase button.

RichTheMighty
12-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Ditto, I have got a lot of DLC based less on musical taste and more for the learning. I am not a metal head but I have Mega Death and Iron Maiden because learning to play those songs helps. Likewise Rush, not my wheelhouse but I dig the challenge those songs present and that is why I got Rocksmith.

C.Linton
12-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Out of the packs,The Who, (so far) . But out of the first six or eight songs made avaiIable just after after the game's release, that you forgot to mention, I also like the Albert King and Chicago songs.

dm_gsxr
12-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Well, I liked a song or two in several of the packs but I think The Who was the one where I liked all the songs.

Carl

rcole_sooner
12-16-2013, 05:37 PM
I grabbed Smashing Pumpkins and will get Green Day, Alice in Chans, and The Who.

I am just still trying to get through the on-disc songs.

ghmorello
12-16-2013, 06:00 PM
All of them!!!!

ceestewart
12-16-2013, 06:21 PM
I checked everything but Disturbed, even though I haven't gotten some of them (yet). I don't have a problem with Disturbed, I just don't think there's a chance I would spend money on it. Everything else is a possibility.

So far I'm really liking Man In The Box and Would? from Alice In Chains, Oh Love from Green Day and Battle Without Honor or Humanity from Hotei.

eevilways
12-16-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm about 50%. I selected Iron Maiden, The Who, Hotei, and Muse. I'd never heard of Muse before Rocksmith, but I did enjoy their songs on the first as well as the one on the new one as well... So guessing I'll enjoy playing the DLC as well.

I have to admit my ultimate favorite song to play though is by far Bambina by Hotei. That was such a pleasant surprise when I played it for the first time I can't go a session without playing it seems like.

bubka122
12-16-2013, 10:46 PM
I mostly liked the first song pack from different artists, would love some more of those since I only chose 3 of the packs and is a bit picky it would mean a greater chance of finding something I like!

Green Day, Radiohead, The Who. Not really fair, i haven't listened enough to Muse or the Japanese bands. But Yay for The Hives.

Teh_Barbarian
12-16-2013, 11:08 PM
Well, what if you don't let me vote for Queens of the Stone Age as my favorite DLC?

jj_bb
12-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Did get every pack so far despite the Japanese Rock (don't really know that kind of music, but what I hear so far isn't my c.o.t.) and Greed Day (a bit unhappy with the song joice).
Very happy though with what we've seen so far, looking forward for more also some new/less-kown stuff, after all the GCJ/GP&TN/TS pack became one of my favourite packs in RS2012.

CrazedRacer
12-16-2013, 11:49 PM
I bought 2 Green Day songs, 1 Radiohead song and the Lumineers song. That's it for 2014 so far.

musicmatt86
12-17-2013, 12:08 AM
Already bought Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Radiohead, The Who, and soon to be Muse song packs. Keep bringing the awesome Ubisoft.

CaliCasey
12-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Big fan of the Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins DLC's I think they picked the perfect songs for those 5 packs. I bought all of Green Day even though I didn't think I was going to, and i'm looking to get The Who pack on Friday even though I told myself I would only get one of their songs. Out of the singles pack I got The Lumineers, QOTSA, and the brilliant Elephant from Tame Impala.

On an aside, it's awesome that we're getting weekly DLC. Does anyone know if the weekly releases will be the norm or are they just doing them up until Christmas?

toymachinesh
12-18-2013, 04:19 AM
Big fan of the Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins DLC's I think they picked the perfect songs for those 5 packs. I bought all of Green Day even though I didn't think I was going to, and i'm looking to get The Who pack on Friday even though I told myself I would only get one of their songs. Out of the singles pack I got The Lumineers, QOTSA, and the brilliant Elephant from Tame Impala.

On an aside, it's awesome that we're getting weekly DLC. Does anyone know if the weekly releases will be the norm or are they just doing them up until Christmas?

Ubisoft seems to be fully behind Rocksmith now, therefore weekly DLC will continue.

Three_Five_One
12-18-2013, 05:22 AM
Muse is probably the most fun so far.

The only pack I didn't really care for was The Who. I mean, Baba O'Riley on lead is a joke, and Who Are You is like really hard.

Yellow_Melos
12-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Oh the who are winning ( So far )

one up for the Brits !!!! :cool:

RSDAVE
12-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Oh the who are winning ( So far )

one up for the Brits !!!! :cool:

Closely followed by Maiden, Muse, then Radiohead... ALL British bands! :p

pedietz
12-18-2013, 04:58 PM
another vote for missing Chicago.

culo_grasso
12-19-2013, 01:53 AM
I've liked something about everything released, but I'm wary about my purchases. For example, I love Maiden (own most of their albums), but it's just too difficult for me at this point. Good variety. They've really done a fantastic job with this.

BazzTard61
12-19-2013, 02:51 AM
I hope someone from Ubi looks at this and realises a Japanese DLC EVERY week is way way too much.

If you are catering so much to a small demand how about some Aussie music to add to the ONE aussie song so far in 2 games!

rcole_sooner
12-19-2013, 03:51 AM
I hope someone from Ubi looks at this and realises a Japanese DLC EVERY week is way way too much.

Oh, I got a feeling they are looking at stats, and they obviously don't think it is too much.

There is plenty of room for all kinds of music.

SeattleSauve
12-19-2013, 04:03 AM
I think what they're looking at is the DLC purchases, not this thread. Pretty sure not all the Japanese folks are represented on this English forum, I bet this same poll done in Japan would turn out slightly differently :)

The Japanese DLC has been in addition to the normal DLC every second week, so even if you're not into it, we've been given a lot of other non-Japanese DLC to play with lately.

My personal favorite so far is Iron Maiden, but I haven't played a bunch of the DLC yet, so that could change.

captin_qwark7
12-19-2013, 05:18 AM

If you are catering so much to a small demand how about some Aussie music to add to the ONE aussie song so far in 2 games!

Well then gee I dunno, play something else you xenophobic bas-

toymachinesh
12-19-2013, 08:14 AM

1) Every other week.

2) It's optional.

3) There's only 7 songs left to be released from the initial offering

4) I hope there's more, not because I enjoy reading your somewhat offensive posts about Japanese music, but because it's all super fun to play.

rwilson1982
12-19-2013, 08:24 AM

They released Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport on DLC?

eevilways
12-19-2013, 09:32 PM
4) I hope there's more, not because I enjoy reading your somewhat offensive posts about Japanese music, but because it's all super fun to play.

I agree with this. I've honestly never listened to any Japanese music in my life, but I have to say these songs are quite impressive for the most part. There's a good variety between easier, middle, and hard songs from them and they're all fun. Also with their guitar playing they do I feel like it's actually helping improve my playing, especially when it comes to moving all around the neck like crazy.

pedietz
12-19-2013, 11:25 PM

Japan owns more guitars per capita than any other country.

sh1kamaru-
12-20-2013, 03:09 PM
that poll is missing the B’z song pack, so far the best discovery for me ! :)

I checked every one of them except Green Day and Disturbed, but I’m pretty sure these one will sell well too.

TheJohnNewton
12-20-2013, 04:41 PM

Um, You know the game is out in Japan right? You also know a poll on this site doesn't mean squat as far as overall sales goes right?

ceestewart
12-20-2013, 05:32 PM
I think the biggest thing you can take away from this poll is that if Ubisoft wants to maximize profits, the answer is to release only DLC from English bands, regardless of genre. I, for one, am looking forward to next week's Pet Shop Boys pack.

TheJohnNewton
12-20-2013, 09:59 PM
I think the biggest thing you can take away from this poll is that if Ubisoft wants to maximize profits, the answer is to release only DLC from English bands, regardless of genre. I, for one, am looking forward to next week's Pet Shop Boys pack.

You can't even take that away. You only know what the few people on this board, who took the time to vote, voted for. Actual sales is the only poll that matters to RS/Ubi. Still I'll be rocking "West End Girls" next week.

DanboCheese
12-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Top vote is for the miscellaneous initial pack that wasn't included, then the Muse pack. I was excited for all kinds of packs in the Rocksmith 2011 DLC, but so far only those two have gotten me really interested (although I've bought several of the other ones). Still reserving judgment, though -- I have been wasting too much time in the Guitarcade to totally explore the Japanese stuff, which does look interesting.