PDA

View Full Version : my saved game disappeared?

Kraise123
12-16-2013, 02:58 PM
After formatting my computer,

my saved game which is supposed to be saved on cloud,

disaapeared and all i see is to play a new game all over again.

i defeated all legendaries upgraded jackdaw to maximum, did all naval contract and was working on personal assasin contract.

I stilll have those achievement that i have accomplished.

Wheres my saved file???

Mr_Shade
12-16-2013, 02:59 PM
hi please contact support:

www.support.ubi.com

If the save was present before you formatted - it should be possible to get it back, however support will advise you further.

www.support.ubi.com

Kraise123
12-16-2013, 03:01 PM
hi please contact support:

www.support.ubi.com

If the save was present before you formatted - it should be possible to get it back, however support will advise you further.

www.support.ubi.com

Thank you for a quick reply but i doubt if i can get any help.

Question that i submitted on 12/07 is still not answered, i am NOT gonna make another questionaries to company that doesnt reply to a customer.

What other options do i have?

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 12:18 PM
seriously mr shade? just send an email link?
what will happen to everyones cloud saves? are they still there?
just the game cant synch it ?
cant u just say that if its true instead of everyone opening a ticket or CALLING during the holidays to come and right when the dlc updated is when this all happened ahhh
are our cloud saves OK?!?!
i uninstalled the game and reinstalled thinking it was me, even reinstalled uplay
savegame folder still has my saves in it but nothing works not going to try to disable cloud sync only to have it ruin the saves if they are there still

MoooseTastic
12-17-2013, 12:58 PM
I popped on to ac black flag to have a cheeky sail about and do a couple of main story missions, I am not all that far through the story but have put over 55 hours in to my save non the less,
I finished up playing and went to menu and selected quit to main menu, the save logo came up bottom right, the whole screen flickered, then my screen went green, the AC music kept playing and then all my USB stuff turned on and off again, my PC restarted and I logged back in to AC BF 8 hours later to find my save file missing, with the heading "start new game" in the stead of my main save.

my PC has been in stable use for just over a year, I built it myself, it has never crashed, restarted of its own accord or done anything odd in all honesty, my download of ac bf was on a normal hdd and not my ssd so i am slightly confused as to where it has gone.... is there a mystical Uplay cloud version of my save?

If anyone has any idea of my best course of action is, please let me know, If I cannot regain my save I probably wont bother going through the tedium of starting over just because its too depressing so I would love to find my save!!

thanks in advance,

Ian

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 01:06 PM
i have another 2hours before i can call support
if anyone can call, since u might be in a diff country please call ubi support

Mr_Shade
12-17-2013, 02:04 PM
seriously mr shade? just send an email link?
what will happen to everyones cloud saves? are they still there?
The forums are not here to replace contacting support - they are here for community chat and updates from the team etc - there are many FAQ's on the support site though, which may answer you.

There is a FAQ on cloud saves - however I'm not support so can't answer any other questions about the process.

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGwCAI

According to that - cloud based saves have been disabled, which may have caused it to vanish.

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 02:13 PM
mr shade u still arent sayin if its perm or if the ssaves are lost forever, vanish sounds like they will never reappear
please let us know ubi support will not know anything, trust that, only the devs do

will our games come back or are they gone forever

Mr_Shade
12-17-2013, 02:19 PM
mr shade u still arent sayin if its perm or if the ssaves are lost forever, vanish sounds like they will never reappear
please let us know ubi support will not know anything, trust that, only the devs do

will our games come back or are they gone foreverI do not know.. Support are the people writing the FAQs… so they should know and be able to answer you.

You should have a local save too? unless they have been deleted or some error or possible you started a 'new game' without disabling cloud saves?

Support can get you to check etc.

As I keep repeating - I'm not support - so don't want to ask you to try things which could result in you losing progress.

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 02:24 PM
well i did reinstall uplay and the ac4 thinking it was just the crash that caused something
but in the launcher is indeed a local save 1. and 1meta ( i only have 1 save) and its there
but not sure if it was effected in the uplay reinstall and ac4 reinstall,
being cloud saved it shouldnt matter if i reinstalled my os as long as i reinstalled uplay the games should sync back up
but whats odd is some people never had the crash and are playing right now
im totally confused and i know the support team will have no info on this and you can safely say its effected at least a hundred users just on this forum
im still thinking its the same issue with social events not showing up and the initiates site not synching missions (same server for all sync)
or backbone probbaly
im freaked though as i tried playing offline with no sync the file and it still said start new, like it cant find the save when its it the folder in the launcher dated today as if it was modified yet its not been touched

Mr_Shade
12-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Indeed it 'should' sync up - however cloud saves are currently disabled.

Your installing / etc - should not affect the server saves - though it would your local? - reinstalling would wipe them- unless you backed them up before doing so.

People playing - would be using local saves, so something must have happened to stop yours working when the servers stopped the saves.

Support should be able to advise you if it will sync back up when saves are re-enabled - and if they have an eta.

LTC_Culhwch
12-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Well ive completed black flag, downloaded the update, get ingame, and game say's its 30% done, my local save is screwed. Will get make a backup of the save on my desktop before i even start dl at home.

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 02:58 PM
i reinstalled uplay and ac4 before backing up
however the savegames folder never erased
so its still there

with the correct saves for each ac game
ac4 is 237 folder and it has 2 files 1 and 1metadata
and i have 1 save on that
while ac3 is 53 and i have 2 files for that so i have 4 files in that dir, so didnt seem to erase the savegame folder when i uninstalled and reinstalled uplay and the game
anyway thanks mr shade i had to take 2 anxiety pills just to get calm enough to sleep muchless call ubi at 9 am EST
6am my time, up all nite due to this

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 03:03 PM
sigh ubi doesnt even open on time, its 9:03am they open at 9am to 12am EST what the.. sigh

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 03:49 PM
i have terrible news

for those of us who lost the saves

they are indeed gone for good unless you backed them up
and most didnt
the devs knew this might erase our games and did it anyway without warning to us,
they wont compensate us in any way, and there will be no fix or getting the files back

im starting a lawsuit after a day or so, if you all want to call and complain correctly and politely to ubisoft supoort and tell them how wrong this is and how they should refund us as we havce to start over or never play again, please pm me im so sad right now, and call them dont just open a ticket, they want heartfelt calls,
i serioulsy cried to the ubi rep and he felt bad and said , he understood but he was "sorry" and the games are gone forever

negadave
12-17-2013, 04:50 PM
i serioulsy cried to the ubi rep and he felt bad and said , he understood but he was "sorry" and the games are gone forever

With the Cloud Sync being disabled for AC4, we highly suggest you click this FAQ link (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGmCAI) for info on how to back up your local saves.
We are working with the AC and Uplay teams about this issue, but Support has no way to recover lost saves.
I do not have confirmation that the saves are "gone forever," but if I had lost my saves and had no local backup, that is what I would assume to be the case.
I feel for you, Kaldire, and anyone else affected by this issue. Keep an eye on the forums for any breaking news.
I speak for all of Ubi Support when I say that we are very sorry for this inconvenience and we will continue investigating the situation.

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 04:59 PM
cry please mate say there is a way to recover these

thanks for the talk
i cant even look at ubi or ac again
ill check in with friends to see if something was fixed but you cats should have let us know to backup not let us assume we know we should due to maintence that caused this
cant play a dlc i paid for without starting over, even tried saves from a friend and recovering software to find the overwritten older files
please..
cry

burtie80
12-17-2013, 10:20 PM
Oh look another thread about this issue! :nonchalance:

denoswn
12-17-2013, 11:13 PM
With the Cloud Sync being disabled for AC4, we highly suggest you click this FAQ link (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGmCAI) for info on how to back up your local saves.
We are working with the AC and Uplay teams about this issue, but Support has no way to recover lost saves.
I do not have confirmation that the saves are "gone forever," but if I had lost my saves and had no local backup, that is what I would assume to be the case.
I feel for you, Kaldire, and anyone else affected by this issue. Keep an eye on the forums for any breaking news.
I speak for all of Ubi Support when I say that we are very sorry for this inconvenience and we will continue investigating the situation.

This is the kind of talk we expect.

We just want to hear what is actually going on and if possible, how long we need to wait. It's been 1 month until the game released. For some, these problems started at the beginning, while for some of us like me, it started in the past 2 weeks.

Please keep us updated and start a closed topic where only support or devs can post.

Lepepepew
12-18-2013, 07:21 AM
Heard a lot of good things about this game and decided to get it. It's my first and last Assassins creed/UBISOFT game i will probably ever play/buy. Never in my whole entire life have i had my progress erased completely like this in a game. Was in about 20% of the game as far as progress goes, not to mention all the side quests i did and time i put into it, Logged back in and started up the game to continue just to see no saved files. Only new game options. Yeah, don't have time to be starting games over and over just to have the progress erased. Huge big first time disappointment from a great game and company.

Kraise123
12-18-2013, 02:21 PM
i will make SURE i will just pirate their next game.

why? why would i spend and risk my money on company that doesnt fix serious problem they are facing which is about saved games are simply 'gone'

and they cant do nothing about it?

its a JOKE.

I would rather pirate the game, have it in my local disk...Multiplayer? screw that, their servers are down most of times anyways LOL

Kraise123
12-19-2013, 11:55 PM
update, this is what i got from customer service.

Rion12/18/2013 6:55:58 PM
I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your savegame file. The cloud servers check file information when syncing and will update to the latest used profile. This information is synced to the cloud upon closing your game. Unfortunately, there is no way to manually download a savegame file from the servers. If your proper savegame files are not showing up, then unfortunately there is no way for them to be recovered. I also recommend that you use a third party game save manager in case the issue reoccurs. I personally use GameSave Manager. You can find it here: http://www.gamesave-manager.com/ We have forwarded similar issues up to our development team for further review and I apologize for the inconvenience.

So when i format my computer i cant get my saved file?

whats the point of 'cloud' then? it really question me their motives for people.