PDA

View Full Version : Im sorry, Ubisoft

Shanii2010
12-16-2013, 02:48 PM
You´re a great game company and i love most of your games but you just lost now a customer, ill explain why.

I love playing AC, since the very first one, its one of the best (if not the best) game franchise ever created, also i love playing the AC multiplayer like 99%
of others around here i assume.
I did not had any problems back then when playing Brotherhood, Revelations and AC 3 MP, everything was perfectly fine, i always thought;
"man, ubisoft is really doing a great job developing their games, what a great company, cant wait for more"

now, with Black Flag, at first, i was expecting just as much as back then with the other titles, i expected even more tho since companys grow,
get more experience with what theyre doing and so on so my expectations were set up to "high". I finished singleplayer and was very happy, even tho
this title did not gave me as much of this "assassin" feeling unlike the other titles did, anyway, great singleplayer story.
after finishing singleplayer, i wanted to play MP of course as i received some bonuses from singelplayer etc, and thats where all begins.

for the first time, it did not let me connect, "disconnected from the host" all the time, it was okay, happens, ubi will fix it with the next patch, right? just as they fixed several bugs within singleplayer + the loading screen bug, i mean, its ubisoft afterall, theyre good at what theyre doing, so i thought.

after the first patch, sp improvement, assassinate missions got fixed, blacl loading screen etc fixed, great job ubi, but what about MP? sadly the same problem, its okay, let ubi take their time.
last patch, im totally disappointed, not only am i still not able to connect to MP (NAT is green, "disconnected form the host" nevertheless), no, i got the same problem now with singleplayer 2 patches ago, i cant get into the loading screen. it starts as usual (was made by several religious etc) but the "saving" icon does not appear and the next screens (ubi sign etc) are loading kind of with laggs and thats the sign that it wont start, and that happens every time now, no matter what ill do.

im a patient guy, guess ill wait it out till next patch, but if that doesnt brings the result im hoping for -atleast fixin MP- im going to cancel watch dogs as i have to assume it will be the same bs as in black flag + i wont ever again buy any ubi titles. im sorry, but thats just how it is

my 2 cents
greetings

MnemonicSyntax
12-16-2013, 03:14 PM
You're free to have your opinion, but you'll let one bad experience ruin the otherwise great gaming experience you've had with Ubisoft?

Things happen, and Ubisoft are working on solutions.

Your line of "I guess I'll wait out the next patch" is unbelievable. You don't really have much of a choice, and you're not the only one with issues.

Lastly, have you tried contacting Support about this? They may have a solution for your issues and a patch wouldn't be needed. Expect to wait a while for a response, but it might be better than waiting for a patch when your solution was there the whole time.

Shanii2010
12-16-2013, 03:28 PM
You're free to have your opinion, but you'll let one bad experience ruin the otherwise great gaming experience you've had with Ubisoft?

Your line of "I guess I'll wait out the next patch" is unbelievable. You don't really have much of a choice, and you're not the only one with issues.

Lastly, have you tried contacting Support about this? They may have a solution for your issues and a patch wouldn't be needed. Expect to wait a while for a response, but it might be better than waiting for a patch when your solution was there the whole time.

Yes i tried with the support, did not help either, every solution that i found on the www did not help aswell

YazX_
12-16-2013, 03:30 PM

stop making excuses for the poor MP implementation, MP connectivity will never ever be fixed as its based on the crappy P2P netcode engine made by third party (i forgot their name) and Ubisoft is still building on it without fixing previous issues in earlier AC games, so adding more bugs to previous bugs which rendered the MP unplayable.

only solution for this MP to work is to revamp the whole thing from scratch, then support dedicated servers to host matches like any proper MP title for AAA games. i'd rather not to have MP in game than have a broken one, at least they would focus and add more contents in SP instead of this joke called MP.

nexus.001
12-16-2013, 03:50 PM
I fell bad about this game too. I din't played on MP, but from what I've played on SP I can say that this games is the worst in terms of performance. My GPU(R9 280X) don't want to go over 80% usage even that the FPS is aroud 15-21(especialy in naval combat) and the worst part, it ueses only 1 core from my CPU(I have a FX6100 3.3Ghz) and even that one stays around 70-80% while the others are sleeping under 30% , also 1 more CPU core go up to 60% but not for long. This happens while in BF4 I can play with everything at the higher value(only AA is lower, 2x) aroud 35-40 fps. Ubisoft needs to fix this game fast. If the Watch Dogs will be as bad as this I will stop buying games from Ubisoft. Also, this happens when you team up with nVidia. Last year I din't had a problem with any AMD optimized game with my old 6970, even Crysys 3 ran at 30fps with lower AA.

MnemonicSyntax
12-16-2013, 03:57 PM
stop making excuses for the poor MP implementation, MP connectivity will never ever be fixed as its based on the crappy P2P netcode engine made by third party (i forgot their name) and Ubisoft is still building on it without fixing previous issues in earlier AC games, so adding more bugs to previous bugs which rendered the MP unplayable.

only solution for this MP to work is to revamp the whole thing from scratch, then support dedicated servers to host matches like any proper MP title for AAA games. i'd rather not to have MP in game than have a broken one, at least they would focus and add more contents in SP instead of this joke called MP.

I'm not making excuses. Even if it's never fixed, it's, according to the OP, one bad issue.

And I play Multiplayer just fine, so it's not everyone, which means it can't be that "crappy P2P netcode" you speak of otherwise it would affect everyone.

So... stop being a naysayer? But then that would be me telling you stop having an opinion... and I'm not that kinda guy. :)

MnemonicSyntax
12-16-2013, 04:01 PM
I fell bad about this game too. I din't played on MP, but from what I've played on SP I can say that this games is the worst in terms of performance. My GPU(R9 280X) don't want to go over 80% usage even that the FPS is aroud 15-21(especialy in naval combat) and the worst part, it ueses only 1 core from my CPU(I have a FX6100 3.3Ghz) and even that one stays around 70-80% while the others are sleeping under 30% , also 1 more CPU core go up to 60% but not for long. This happens while in BF4 I can play with everything at the higher value(only AA is lower, 2x) aroud 35-40 fps. Ubisoft needs to fix this game fast. If the Watch Dogs will be as bad as this I will stop buying games from Ubisoft. Also, this happens when you team up with nVidia. Last year I din't had a problem with any AMD optimized game with my old 6970, even Crysys 3 ran at 30fps with lower AA.

This just sounds like a fanboy rant to me. I suppose we could peek under the hood of the new consoles and see what cards they're running and then show how Nvidia did it better. :)

But seriously though, even people with Nvida cards are having issues, it's related to triple buffering, or lack thereof. I know there's some Nvidia fixes around, but I'm not sure for AMD.

Syr.Jake
12-16-2013, 04:27 PM
1. 99% of the player base doesn't play MP. I would bet that the numbers are well under 50% of the user base plays MP.
2. Not everyone is having the same issue.

If it were a problem with the game, or the companies servers, everyone would be having the same issue, but they are not.

Customer Support was most likely unable to help you because they are unable to reproduce the same issue you are having so they are unable to figure out why you are having a problem with the connection.

Your rig and your connection is specific to you and your set up.

You may need to file a Bug Report to see if the game developers can determine the cause of the issue and help you fix it so that you can connect to the game servers. Make sure you provide them with real information though, and not just a generic rant about how it doesn't work.

System Logs
Router Logs
Exact details regarding the issue including any and all message that are being shown to you.
Exact details regarding the things you have already done to try to resolve the issue on your own.

Frag_Maniac
12-17-2013, 03:03 AM
Every now and then a connectivity problem that affects some but not others has more to do with poor login design than the game itself. Try something simple like changing your login password. Ever since the advent of games using cloud servers, things can easily get lost in the shuffle, and oft times they're simple things that are overlooked. Assuming it's a core coding problem after so many good titles is a bit of a leap of imagination though, and an illogical one.

I happen to have won a Gold Edition on Steam, so I have to have Uplay AND Steam running, yet I've never had a problem logging in or connecting to the sp elements that require their server access after all the updates. So I'm thinking it may be something on your end or a login error that might be easily circumvented.

denoswn
12-17-2013, 09:00 AM
Those who are able to play the game without any issues would not be able to understand our frustration, I am sorry.

You are just pure lucky. This could have happened to you as well. You wouldn't be talking in this way if it happened to you, that I am sure of.

So please stop defending Ubisoft who is %100 guilty at this moment. The exact reason why me, and all the other people on forums, Steam and other platforms are angry is not getting a proper help and support from Ubisoft. Corrupted patches or crashes were things that I was expecting since UPlay started. It hit AC4 big time, but there are people out without being able to play since the release.

This is not a hardware issue on players side. This is not a software issue on players side. This is not an internet problem on players side.

This is a pure company mistake and everybody is aware of that.

Frag_Maniac
12-17-2013, 09:05 AM
I doubt you've done enough trouble shooting to even say for sure what's causing it, and you've heard from others that aren't having such problems, so there IS in fact a strong likelihood that it is not a universal coding problem as has been implied.

denoswn
12-17-2013, 10:56 AM
You doubt I have done enough troube shooting ?

12 days. I spent 12 days, trying countless methods. 10 - 11 of these methods came directly from Ubisoft. Total solutions that I have tried is probably around 80-90.

Normally, I don't even have to do all of these. Do you know why ? Because I was able to play this game with highest graphics. With Fraps running background. With triple buffering programs running background. Without even updating my drivers, BIOS, opening ports, clearing up Temp files and all the other stuff.

One patch, and the game is gone like it did for thousands others. I could at least agree with you in one point, if I was never able to play this game. But that is not the case.

I am suspecting that you are either an ex Ubisoft employee or a big supporter of them in every case.

Kanharn
12-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Issues like this can be a game breaker. Hopefully it will be fixed for you soon.

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 11:25 AM
im having the same thing in terms of game breakers
most are on PC

right now my Ac4 saves have been erased,
anything to do with synchin doesnt work
MP on both DOES work,
initiates site doesnt sync to the missions
and please are my saves safe?
i mean the game i paid for not only doesnt work but , nothign works
social events are disabled for 3 weeks now, and now this! my saves are in the cloud but they cant seem to get to my game..
are they trutly lost?
i crying badly
36 and a crying baby

garovi
12-17-2013, 11:54 AM
For me multiplayer works but i have a black screen at single player and the new patch didnt solve my problem . I wrote to support didnt hear from them for weeks . There are a lot of people that have problem playing the game but they rely on the fact that not everyone has problems . How can u think like that ? I am a customer and your product doesnt work , but u dont give a rat *** . It has been 3 weeks since your filthy patch that broke the game and do nothing about it . At least write something back to your customer if he send u a question , write we are sorry at least . Ubisoft lost my respect and i am not going to buy another game from them .

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 12:08 PM
pm me if u want to start a real head turner, we need to get ubi accountable for the loss and damages of product they sold
its not our fault they screwed up and we as consumers pay for it

Frag_Maniac
12-17-2013, 12:52 PM
You doubt I have done enough troube shooting ?

12 days. I spent 12 days, trying countless methods. 10 - 11 of these methods came directly from Ubisoft. Total solutions that I have tried is probably around 80-90.

Normally, I don't even have to do all of these. Do you know why ? Because I was able to play this game with highest graphics. With Fraps running background. With triple buffering programs running background. Without even updating my drivers, BIOS, opening ports, clearing up Temp files and all the other stuff.

One patch, and the game is gone like it did for thousands others. I could at least agree with you in one point, if I was never able to play this game. But that is not the case.

I am suspecting that you are either an ex Ubisoft employee or a big supporter of them in every case.

Odd how absolutely none of what you exampled would be sensible to try for connectivity problems. Like I said sometimes it's the simpler things that get overlooked, but go on getting angry, I'm sure that will help. I mean look what it's done for you already, completely making you blind of the obvious.

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 01:08 PM
im not with u there frag, i am with u on the fact that graphics and bios etc have nothing to do with this
but its a ubi issue and if its forever and for real, its not something simple, its them f'in us in the rear mate

Mr_Shade
12-17-2013, 01:50 PM
im not with u there frag, i am with u on the fact that graphics and bios etc have nothing to do with this
but its a ubi issue and if its forever and for real, its not something simple, its them f'in us in the rear mate
Well if you are 100% sure your system is not at fault - then I hope you have made sure support are aware of the results of trouble shooting.

If you are not working with support to find the reason, then it's possible, that it could in fact be a local issue, and as such, you could be waiting for a patch for a very long time - one that might not ever fix the issue..

If support are unable to find the reason your game is acting like it is, and you have not takes to them, then they won't have much data to send to the Dev team - so it's vital you try everything support suggest and report back on it.

For others reading this - it's important that everyone with the issue - talk to support - and does not assume that they 'must know' what is causing it..

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 02:17 PM
mr shade, its not a local machines fault when u see this many people and this many threads on the same topic, we all couldnt have done the same thing wrong
and u hit the nail on the head, if we call they will never send a fix or answer
they wont know a thing,
i want to know how the saves will be there or if anyone is aware that the post i found is real, i cant find the OP for the post saying teh sync server was down so im not sure who said it or to whom

garovi
12-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Mr shade how can u explain that before the updates , the game worked just fine and after broke the game . U have to be verry smart to make an update that doesnt fix anything , but causes problems . We are angry because we gave money for nothing . It is like they are takeing us for fouls and u say to ask them for support . i did that and no answer from them in weeks .

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 05:04 PM
i have terrible news

for those of us who lost the saves

they are indeed gone for good unless you backed them up
and most didnt
the devs knew this might erase our games and did it anyway without warning to us,
they wont compensate us in any way, and there will be no fix or getting the files back

if you all want to call and complain correctly and politely to ubisoft supoort and tell them how wrong this is and how they should refund us as we have to start over or never play again, please pm me im so sad right now, and call them dont just open a ticket, they want heartfelt calls,
i seriously cried to the ubi rep and he felt bad and said , he understood but he was "sorry" and the games are gone forever

denoswn
12-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Odd how absolutely none of what you exampled would be sensible to try for connectivity problems. Like I said sometimes it's the simpler things that get overlooked, but go on getting angry, I'm sure that will help. I mean look what it's done for you already, completely making you blind of the obvious.

Hehe, I tried 80 methods and you only care about the connectivity problems ? You really think that I have done nothing about it ? I told you that Ubisoft, the company that you desperately try to defend, gave me instructions for a possible connection problem. They. Do. Not. Work.

Funny to hear 'go on getting angry' comments from a guy who plays a game by chance and can't understand any of our problems.

MnemonicSyntax
12-17-2013, 08:23 PM
Those who are able to play the game without any issues would not be able to understand our frustration, I am sorry.

You are just pure lucky. This could have happened to you as well. You wouldn't be talking in this way if it happened to you, that I am sure of.

So please stop defending Ubisoft who is 0 guilty at this moment. The exact reason why me, and all the other people on forums, Steam and other platforms are angry is not getting a proper help and support from Ubisoft. Corrupted patches or crashes were things that I was expecting since UPlay started. It hit AC4 big time, but there are people out without being able to play since the release.

This is not a hardware issue on players side. This is not a software issue on players side. This is not an internet problem on players side.

This is a pure company mistake and everybody is aware of that.

mr shade, its not a local machines fault when u see this many people and this many threads on the same topic, we all couldnt have done the same thing wrong
and u hit the nail on the head, if we call they will never send a fix or answer
they wont know a thing,
i want to know how the saves will be there or if anyone is aware that the post i found is real, i cant find the OP for the post saying teh sync server was down so im not sure who said it or to whom

If it works for 1 person, and not for anyone else, it's an end user issue. That's Tech Support 101. The Social Events thing? That's Ubisoft and they know it.

There's too many variables to say it isn't the end user's fault, but it very well may be. This isn't a finger pointing issue either, but you never hear any "good news." For example, you don't hear someone say "I'm joining the forums just to say I'm connected just fine!"

And it could be anything. A driver, a network connection, a port not open, an ISP blocking network traffic or IPs unintentionally.

Regardless, getting bent isn't going to solve any issues. Contact Support like Shade suggested. That's also Tech Support 101. The forums aren't really contacting anyone as it's primarily peer to peer support, nothing more.

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 10:51 PM
you are complete tool and idiot

this is a result of UBI ERSASING OUR CLOUD WITHOUT WARNING PERIOD YOU IDIOT

what else is there to say other than get a ****in lawyer ready as we are class action lawsuit your ****ing asses

BOTTOM LINE

UBI did erase the cloud and without warning killed hundreds if not thousand of users games (most crashed in the game as it was being locked out or such)
nothing on my ****in en caused this,it was them, period and u insult me and all who paid for this product that we should have known better to have someone known this erase was going to happen (which ubi support KNEW WAS GOING TO BE HAPPENENING though they didnt know why!)

sounds like fault lies with ubi again sorry this has killed me
i been through many games and tests but this is just unacceptable and violates their own terms of service ( I cant access or use a product or service i paid for)
thats a money back winner in USA court

hope they find a fix
if not
see you in court ubi and yes i will win my money back but id had hoped you would just give it back

MnemonicSyntax
12-17-2013, 10:54 PM
I'm the idiot, but I'm not the one threating Ubisoft over 60 bucks because I lost time playing a video game.

Again, not everyone has your issue.

I'm sorry you don't have a general knowledge of how software works, but I do. Apparently you know nothing of the law either.

But then again, everyone is just sue happy these days.

Kujomanji
12-17-2013, 11:21 PM
I'm not having this problem. However, isn't there supposed to be a save file on your harddrive somewhere?

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 11:59 PM
mate read the ubi offical posts ,
they erased the cloud files,
and when people tried to log into the game the cloud files were erased with blanks
meaning new games,

zero chance of recovery unless we had backed up the data days before this happened,
the reason it didnt happen to some is due to UBI turining off the sync server to make it NOT corrupt the rest of our saves after they saw it was corrupting THOUSANDS of users saves
even a ubi reps saves were erased, and he cant get his back, if that tells you anything

i have cried all nite, slept only a few hours woke crying, and now im slammed by senior members who should be banned for coming down on users who were screwed over so badly

im still hoping that the cloud has my saves when its turned back on but REP said its a 0-1% chance that is true,

Alejandro.1977
12-18-2013, 12:53 AM
dude, im empathetic to a point...but CRYING?
ALL NIGHT?

Frag_Maniac
12-18-2013, 01:33 AM
Hehe, I tried 80 methods and you only care about the connectivity problems ? You really think that I have done nothing about it ? I told you that Ubisoft, the company that you desperately try to defend, gave me instructions for a possible connection problem. They. Do. Not. Work.

Funny to hear 'go on getting angry' comments from a guy who plays a game by chance and can't understand any of our problems.

What's funny is how you literally hijacked this thread away from the OP's original topic, which is what I was addressing, because THAT is primarily connectivity issues. In fact he started out verifying pretty much every other thing he had issues with was fixed, leaving only connecting to MP and saves as problems, the latter of which can very well be connection problems because as we all know by now, Uplay syncs via the cloud.

The reasons I am skeptical have already been pointed out by others, and are valid reasons, and just because you've followed all their suggested tech solutions doesn't mean they are the ones that will fix the problem, or that you're any good at troubleshooting on your own. Just the fact that you can't fathom the "tech support 101" mentioned earlier makes that clear.

Kaldire
12-18-2013, 05:00 AM
frag
you are a senior member
is it common place to attack and belittle those who just got reamed in the arse?
if so hope you feel better

@john, yes cried all nite, still am,
ubi was like a family to me, and they made it clear they dont give a rats arse about our saves nor to tell us to backup in case this happens
most still think they are getting saves back its not just the loss of saves its the effort ive put into ubi and collections etc only to be tossed under and this is only the first time this has happened in uplay other than the hijacking of ALL our accounts and passwords which alone would have netted a lawsuit
my lawyer has reviewed the forums and case notes from mods devs and my chats on the phone and as a group we have a case but not solo

and btw ubisoft has noticed a few of the senior members attacking me after making my sad posts, its totally not ok with them (not ban-able) but u might be getting a pm to stop
i recommend u try to understand like john does that this is serious and hurts, not just the saves lost but again riding the wave of hurt after keeping with ubi after most would leave

I know the thread was digressed, the topics change with the threads, sometimes its why they are moved for that i apologize

congrats on trying to make someone feel even worse

and for the record FRAG.. the rep at ubi ALSO LOST HIS SAVES, saying it "was and is NOT the users fault" period
take that "put it in your pipe and smoke it"

MnemonicSyntax
12-18-2013, 05:21 AM
and btw ubisoft has noticed a few of the senior members attacking me after making my sad posts, its totally not ok with them (not ban-able) but u might be getting a pm to stop
i recommend u try to understand like john does that this is serious and hurts, not just the saves lost but again riding the wave of hurt after keeping with ubi after most would leave

You're... joking right?

you are complete tool and idiot

If anyone attacked anyone here, it's you attacking others, myself included.

Get off your tirade. You threaten to go to court over 60 dollars? You do realize that by the end of the day, you'll end up paying more than that, even in Small Claims Court.

If you really want your money back, the forums aren't the place to do it. Contact the retailer you purchased it from and if you bought it from Uplay, contact Support. I can't guarantee they can do refunds, but acting like this on the forums will get you no where except ignored.

They're saved games. Start over. Even if they fix the "issue" there's no way to get your previous games back.

Frag_Maniac
12-18-2013, 06:04 AM
frag
you are a senior member
is it common place to attack and belittle those who just got reamed in the arse?
if so hope you feel better

and for the record FRAG.. the rep at ubi ALSO LOST HIS SAVES, saying it "was and is NOT the users fault" period
take that "put it in your pipe and smoke it"

You're the one spewing angry words here, it's obvious, and there's no clear proof you're getting the short end of the stick. If it were obvious, everyone would be having the same problems, and obviously they're not.

As for what tech support reps say, I never take it for granted they're always right. Quite often they say things that don't even make sense.

DracoLeviathan
12-18-2013, 06:54 AM
The worst thing about the multiplayer is that there are achievements that force me to play it--A LOT--in order to acquire them. Something I'd rather not do, yet am forced into suffering because of my compulsion to "get the most out of the game I bought" by nabbing every achievement.

MnemonicSyntax
12-18-2013, 06:57 AM
The worst thing about the multiplayer is that there are achievements that force me to play it--A LOT--in order to acquire them. Something I'd rather not do, yet am forced into suffering because of my compulsion to "get the most out of the game I bought" by nabbing every achievement.

No, that's your issue. Playing something you don't want to play is as you said, a compulsion and has nothing to do with the topic at hand, or anything Ubisoft can do about because there are people who play a lot of Multiplayer and enjoy it.

No one is forcing you to do anything.

Questions2ask
12-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Quit using Steam with **** then not blaming Steam when you have a problem.

Frag_Maniac
12-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Quit using Steam with **** then not blaming Steam when you have a problem.

Noting wrong with the Steam version, even with Uplay running in the background. So tell me Mr angry blanket statement that couldn't be more moronically wrong, are you a friend of Jeri Ellsworth or something? You're about as much of an anti Valve Nazi as she is.

Shanii2010
12-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Hello, its been a time.

could not reply since forums did not let me log in here, which is also something i see kind of often right now.

anyway, guess there are some questions to explain.

"did you use the support?"
of course i did, not only once, none could have help me at all (or simply didnt answer) + i did read all the possible solutions for my problems in the help section, nothing seemed to work.

"steam/Uplay?"
i use uplay, not steam

"you let your excitement down because of one problem?"
one? if im not wrong, im counting more than 2 problems here
dissconect from host (multiplayer)
singleplayer black screen, not letting me play at all (again)

a big title like black flag should NOT have such massive problems, for that long.

Dziks123
12-18-2013, 05:52 PM
In land this game boring. But in sea if you have ship and can fight.This game AWESOME !

We need more ships and more fight in sea.Next patch !

YazX_
12-19-2013, 01:04 AM
this thread has escalated quickly and drifted from the OP points.

@Kaldire (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/479803-Kaldire) : you lost your saves, that sucks and bad, but it is what it is and they are gone, it is Ubisoft fault and we all know but you cant just go to every thread complaining and asking people to PM you to collect signs to file a law suit, this doesnt make any sense, so what you can do simply is to not buy any Ubisoft game until you make sure its working properly and better to wait 2-3 months until it gets all patches and runs stable.

Questions2ask
12-19-2013, 02:41 AM
Noting wrong with the Steam version, even with Uplay running in the background. So tell me Mr angry blanket statement that couldn't be more moronically wrong, are you a friend of Jeri Ellsworth or something? You're about as much of an anti Valve Nazi as she is.

Except Hundreds of people's complaints isn't a blanket statement, so damage control statements don't work when it comes to this.

Secondly I don't use Steam because I'm smart enough to stay away from a corrupted bunch of thieves that have destroyed PC gaming and is actually causing 1/4 of the piracy to happen.

Stating facts isn't anti-Anything. Valve has done this to themselves.

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 04:34 AM
Except Hundreds of people's complaints isn't a blanket statement, so damage control statements don't work when it comes to this.

Secondly I don't use Steam because I'm smart enough to stay away from a corrupted bunch of thieves that have destroyed PC gaming and is actually causing 1/4 of the piracy to happen.

Stating facts isn't anti-Anything. Valve has done this to themselves.

There's nothing factual or scientific about what you've leveled against Valve, in fact it's just the typical noob ranting found all over the net when players get angry at the wrong people. Furthermore you just made it obvious you haven't even a clue what blanket statements are. The blanket statements you've made implying having a Steam copy automatically makes one prone to glitches and errors is easily refuted by the many whom own Steam copies of this and plenty other games without such issues. Your's are the kind of comments developers ignore because in trying to recreate problems they throw out claims that are more angst than fact, and obviously not happening with everyone as you make it sound. There's a myriad of things on a PC that can cause problems with games OTHER than game browsers.

Another thing absurd is your claiming Steam is somehow responsible for 1/4 of the piracy, a ridiculous and moronic insinuation. If anything Steam has been the single biggest reason for the PC platform staying alive, due to convenience, availability, and the many sales offered via it. Security is also handled reasonable well on Steam. Valve have taken many precautions to make sure email addresses are verified, personal info is protected, and violators are dealt with. As with ANY game browser though the end user has to be diligent about how they use the service. The only reason you hear so many claims of hijacked accounts is Steam is the largest game browser on the net, and there's a lot of noobs that don't have a clue how to use it safely, despite Valve doing a lot of hand holding telling them how to. For every idiot on Steam that cries foul, there are 10 others that will tell you the service is fine if you know how to use it, and it's hardly rocket science.

You talk as if you've never used Steam, and if you haven't, you don't even have enough experience with it to be objectionable about it, let alone holistically against it. You're extremely out of the loop if you don't even know that Steam is largely regarded by gamers as the best game browser, while Uplay is considered the worst. Whenever both have to be employed to launch and update games, one cannot do all the work. Valve has to get the correct verification info from Ubi via Uplay so they can update via Steam. Take a look at all the complaints about the way Ubi is handling things, and note that many if not most cases don't even involve Steam. Maybe then you'll get a clue. I mean for Christ's sake, they launched the game with Initiates still in alpha development, that should be a clue for you right there.

Questions2ask
12-19-2013, 05:06 AM
Interesting how GOOGLE (Or whatever Serach engine you want o use)PROVES everything I said and yet you continue saying there is noting factual.

Interesting how you do no search but yet claim what someone says against vale isn't true. And don't bother trying to say you did a search because I can provide over 10 links alone from different sites where it shows Valve has done very unscrupulous things. Searching will even turn up how Steam carefully goes through their forum and deletes all comments that mention things about problems...

But yet all of that is fictitious...WOW

Steam damage control is always present and amazes me how facts get dismissed and mentioned that there are no facts but yet Searches produce the facts.

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 05:56 AM
A few trolls like you with numerous repeat comments don't = truth, and search engines can't really filter that out because they go by volume of posts, not volume or credibility of users. Your implying use of Google automatically makes one well informed makes it clear you're delusional. You've gone out of your way to go on an anti Valve/Steam campaign, and have even admitted to stealing games, and are being flammatory toward forum members in the process.

Who do you think people are going to believe, nut cases like you, or those whom chat daily on forums that actually have people that know a lot about PCs and game browsers and how to use them? Everything you've said here makes it obvious you're just a dime a dozen disgruntled former Steam user that got banned for inappropriate behavior. THAT in fact is one of the best things about Steam. Valve doesn't put up with clowns like you, nor should they.

strigoi1958
12-19-2013, 02:00 PM
To the OP I'm sorry you're having difficulty while others are not and I hope everything works out for you and soon, I really want everyone to enjoy this game, as it is such a great game and technicalities may be stopping some from doing that. To Kaldire I say the same but please realise you have not lost the game that you paid for, or even the time playing because you must have enjoyed that time... you have simply lost the place you were at. I'm replaying it now and so I too am at the start... it's not the end of the world mate :D it's frustrating but unfortunate... get back to playing and back up your saves to the hard drive.

Questions2ask. I've been there... frustrated, angry and felt a bit like nobody was listening but after a while I figured it out. People on the forums do hear and understand others... that's what the forum is about, players supporting other players in the community, but if you use each thread to make the same statement all the time everyone gets bored.... Big companies can seem to be at fault but it's not in their interest to do so deliberately. You may have some resentment towards steam but millions of people do not. That will not ease your dislike but it maybe something to consider. Enjoy your gaming mate and don't let other things get in the way of that. :)