PDA

View Full Version : Please update the DLC thread with dates for Eu and Au PS3 availability

BazzTard61
12-16-2013, 10:02 AM
seriously, u have a thread where you advise us that the Who pack was released on 3/12/13...

well,its now 16/12/13 and you havent even bothered to mention that it's unavailable to PS3 players outside the USA, let alone a planned release date

how hard can it be ?

daddy_felix
12-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Disturbed will be available this week, but they can't say when The Who is coming.

Ubisoft wants to release the dlcs worldwide at the same.

BazzTard61
12-16-2013, 10:51 AM
the obvious answer would be to hold off releasing any pack until it's available for all regions,then everyone would have the same DLCs,

too logical perhaps?

but all i was asking is for Ubisoft to state that on the DLC thread, just that- unavailable in Eu and Au until further notice, it IS their forum

bubka122
12-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Well Canada had it also, so it's not just USA.

I'm being helpful.

Julian-Mince
12-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Disturbed will be available this week, but they can't say when The Who is coming.

Ubisoft wants to release the dlcs worldwide at the same.

So what's the problem with The Who in Europe and Oz then.....?

toymachinesh
12-16-2013, 12:04 PM
the obvious answer would be to hold off releasing any pack until it's available for all regions,then everyone would have the same DLCs,

... You are joking right? Why the **** should everyone suffer because of SCEE?

daddy_felix
12-16-2013, 12:17 PM

it has something to do with the psn store and it is "out of our (ubisofts) hand", that's the only information we have about that.

C.Linton
12-16-2013, 12:45 PM

As always, it's the SCEE delaying things. (not Ubisoft)

Jack_Ripper1888
12-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Instead of posting on here and blaming Ubisoft why not contact SCEE and keep pestering them about it. SCEE have always been like this, sometimes content never arrived at all or was 12 months late in releasing over here. This is one of the reasons why I got rid of my PS3.

RichTheMighty
12-16-2013, 04:12 PM
The big reason movies and music now have simultaneous releases is due to piracy, it didn't used to be that way. Ubisoft are not worried about that I guess so it rolls out like movies used to, US first and everyone else at some point after. You'd think it would be easier to do it worldwide and avoid all the complaints.

C.Linton
12-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Again, it's NOT UBISOFT (sorry for yelling) that's responsible for this, it's the SCEE (SONY's European branch) causing these delays.

Marauder359
12-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Indeed. Ubisoft does want to release simultaneously worldwide. They have attempted to do this. They do this everywhere they can. In fact, it's simply not true to say Europe and Australia don't have access to The Who pack. It's just not true. PlayStation users in Europe and Australia don't have access. Everyone else, Xbox and Stream, both had access on day 1 of the content release. So..... what's that tell you? That Ubisoft wants to delay that content? Or that something else, something within the PlayStation Network architecture and workflow is delaying it. Ubisoft wants it released on their release date. Because the powers that be on the platform of your choice, in your region, are morons, doesn't mean it's Ubisoft's fault. Whoever actually runs the SCEE, which is probably not an American, is at fault for this... So, try again.

AlPac2012
12-16-2013, 09:51 PM
You just have to accept things may be a week or two late here in the EU and not get worked up about it. Plenty other songs to practice!

C.Linton
12-16-2013, 10:15 PM
True enough, it's only a week two. Try waiting a year for DLC like we PS3 users had to do with Skyrim behind the Xbox and PC players.

JohnnyBBlade
12-17-2013, 03:24 AM
I know it can be frustrating for us outside of the U.S where it comes to certain things, but suggesting that they delay DLC for everyone else just because you have to wait is pretty harsh.

I mean as an Australian (Don't know if you are too), I know we pay more for DLC even allowing for our now weaker Dollar, but that doesn't mean I want everyone else to have to pay more too just because I have too!

BazzTard61
12-17-2013, 06:46 AM
all good points, thanks to you all,

my original question was more asling for Ubisoft to at least advise us that it has been delayed, rather than us expecting it and being disappointed

i guess the who dlc , being songs that I've wanted to be able to play well for nigh on 30 years created a more emotional disappointment than any other release and I apologise if I went overboard

Monsieur Samson
12-17-2013, 10:39 AM
all good points, thanks to you all,

my original question was more asling for Ubisoft to at least advise us that it has been delayed, rather than us expecting it and being disappointed

i guess the who dlc , being songs that I've wanted to be able to play well for nigh on 30 years created a more emotional disappointment than any other release and I apologise if I went overboard

I'm a 360 user and not a huge fan of the Who so I'm not bothered by the SCEE issue. But I think you're totally right to ask Ubi not to lie regarding DLC availability. I'd be really pissed off if I bought the game hoping to play those Who songs after reading this official listing, only to find out they're in fact not available on my platform.

jj_qpr
12-17-2013, 06:46 PM
As already said you're attacking/asking the wrong people, it's $onys fault not UBI...write to them about it or better yet get an xbox ;) (j/k) ..though seriously..you probably should ;)

Black_Widow9
12-17-2013, 10:14 PM
I can try to add that to the Thread. ;)

Marauder359
12-18-2013, 02:54 AM
As already said you're attacking/asking the wrong people, it's $onys fault not UBI...write to them about it or better yet get an xbox ;) (j/k) ..though seriously..you probably should ;)

Well, no, he is right on this specific point. Ubisoft isn't the one delaying the release, but Ubisoft is aware of the delay, so when they create a thread or a list which says, "DLC currently available" or the equivalent, it's just not true to put the material that PS is screwing up on in that list without an annotation. I can see that being annoying even more than not getting the content itself. While it may not be their fault that the material is unavailable, that doesn't change reality and somehow make it "currently available", right? So, yeah, let's assess blame where blame belongs... Europe and Australia don't have that content because of Sony. That content is being listed as available by Ubisoft... Sony is in the wrong for the content's unavailability, Ubisoft is wrong for saying that it is available... regardless of them wanting it to be available, the reality is, it isn't.... So they shouldn't say it is.

BazzTard61
12-18-2013, 04:14 AM
thanks Marauder for agreeing with me that REGARDLESS of who's fault it is, Ubisoft, on their DLC list should list the platforms and regions that they are available in, only took two pages hehe

Yonda1960
12-18-2013, 07:29 AM
Some official update on the delays and when we can expect them here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/817827-EU-ANZ-PS3-DLC-Release-Delays-The-Who-Disturbed-Muse-Golden-Bomber